Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Has Macau been called off this year?

If it hasn't, watch that when its on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Zeta Acosta posted:

what the gently caress is this poo poo?

instead of current indy watch 95-2000 c.a.r.t and dont watch nascar. never

If I was misunderstood, I am not the least bit happy about watching a Mercedes 1-2

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

As a new fan, you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of watching season reviews of previous years. 2006 onwards if you want things to seem relatively modern and see some familiar names. '88 through to 2001 if you want good racing and some retro names. '83 onwards if you want to wonder wtf.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Khablam posted:

As a new fan, you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of watching season reviews of previous years. 2006 onwards if you want things to seem relatively modern and see some familiar names. '88 through to 2001 if you want good racing and some retro names. '83 onwards if you want to wonder wtf.

I was all set to watch in March until COVID woops

I've watched a handful of the youtube posted F1 Rewinds and some were cool. It's a shame that Verstappen seems like a shitfucker because holy fuckin moly Brazil 2016 is a wild watch.

While I've watched rando races I'd definitely like to know goon favorites. Yeah its another thing I could google I guess. I have a slight preference for "reverse uno card" races (which is also why this first 2020 race rocked) so please, any of those. I think F1TV gives me access to whatever.

no I'm not watching US 2005 shut the gently caress up

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Monza 88

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Also definite bias because I came from Drive to Survive initially but of the races I've watched Azerbaijan 2017 rocks

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Watch all the French Grands Prix held at Magny-Cours.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

Watch all the French Grands Prix held at Magny-Cours.

This is the worst thing you've posted. You should be proud.

Edit:

Wait got magny-cours and Paul Ricard confused. Nevermind.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I was all set to watch in March until COVID woops

I've watched a handful of the youtube posted F1 Rewinds and some were cool. It's a shame that Verstappen seems like a shitfucker because holy fuckin moly Brazil 2016 is a wild watch.

While I've watched rando races I'd definitely like to know goon favorites. Yeah its another thing I could google I guess. I have a slight preference for "reverse uno card" races (which is also why this first 2020 race rocked) so please, any of those. I think F1TV gives me access to whatever.

no I'm not watching US 2005 shut the gently caress up

The cut down version of Canada 2011 is great, Spa 98 is a hilarious clusterfuck. I think those 2 have been posted on the youtube channel though.

I liked Monaco 08, but I might be in the minority of that one.

Brazil 08 I loved as well.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I remember liking Australia 06, but that's so long ago I don't remember why.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Jenson hit the afterburner button on his Honda engine coming out of the final corner of the final lap.

Was only thinking of that like a day or two ago, couldn't remember what race it was, turns out I was at the race :xd:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ahhhh yeah. I remember Schumacher getting it all wrong and going into the wall. I forgot about the MASSIVE FLAME incident.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
watch canada 89 it's even on youtube I think

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India

quote:

I liked Monaco 08, but I might be in the minority of that one.
That's the race that got me back into F1 after I stopped following during Schumacher domination years.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Spain 86
Hungary 89
European GP 1993
France 1979
San Marino 2005

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Azerbaijan, any year, it’s all you need.
Welcome

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ownzerbaijan. They welcomed us all.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Just watch the grid walks. The rest is just window dressing.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

As much as I love motor poo poo, bike racing is still too scary. gently caress going that fast with nothing but your body to stop a crash.
As a professional bike racer who has crashed in professional bike races, nah it's not that big a deal. Except for Irish and Manx road racing, that's suicide. Only the manliest manly men do that. God bless Joey Dunlop.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
If you enjoyed the chaos of last Sunday you will probably enjoy Formula e, which tends to provide entertainment from the hilarity of the gently caress ups rather than the quality of the racing.

Most of the drivers are either ex-F1 but were either past it or not good enough and lost their seats, or were never quite good enough or lucky enough to secure an F1 drive. The rest are where the pay drivers who used to clog up the seats in the backmarker F1 teams have gone now that the slow F1 cars are a daycare for the top teams' young driver programs.

The cars have a decent theoretical top speed these days, but the tracks they race on are too short to ever get there so the drivers enjoy messing around without too much risk.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Formula e is fun sometimes because it's often like bumper cars but 1) they sound like they are trying to disperse a crowd of teenagers 2) the circuits are all street courses which is nice sometimes but I find every race feels the same and good luck orienting yourself on a makeshift track put up on a tarmac.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Formula E had the absolute best position to actually make musical chairs for the driver lineup fun when they had to swap cars during the race. Like mandate that each driver only gets a one year contract, and make the last race musical chairs at car swap.

I'm still mad that never happened.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Dallas ‘84 is a complete gongshow.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

BWV posted:

Formula e is fun sometimes because it's often like bumper cars but 1) they sound like they are trying to disperse a crowd of teenagers 2) the circuits are all street courses which is nice sometimes but I find every race feels the same and good luck orienting yourself on a makeshift track put up on a tarmac.

3) it's become all the German car manufacturers trying to regain their green cred after the diesel scandal

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It's a shame that Verstappen seems like a shitfucker
Well you're on the list.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I'm a huge sucker for the Prost v Senna era. You can only conclude that matchup by watching it yourself. That's principally 88-90. If nothing else, watch the series closer for each season, 'cause back in those days the championship went down to the wire at it's historic venue in Japan.
Almost any Brazilian GP is worth watching. Any Monaco GP before '98 is worth watching. Any Belgian GP before the turbo-hybrid era is worth watching.
If you want to know why Kimi has fans, condensed into one race, it's Japan 05.
Beyond that you can just google up a list to your own length.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jul 9, 2020

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Thanks all and thats probably enough F1 to make my eyeballs bleed.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
1986 is also a great season all around. Prost was Sublime.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Ah shame, digging into the archives anything pre-2010 is spotty, though I peeped a few older suggestions and it seems like they've made sure to grab the highlights. They tend to have at least a highlights reel for everything though so a few full races + 15min "here's what happened" to fill it out might be a good way to watch an old season.

I'm watching Monza 88 and the lack of any live standing or graphics is a little tough, but I'm absolutely digging the camera angles and announcers. The fact that they settle on a corner or straight lets you compare lines and that way easier.

But anyway let's hear from Christian Horner about if they're trying to drive faster than the other teams. oh, they are

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Monza 88 was a month after Enzos death and in the middle of the most dominant season ever for a team. That day magic happened.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Jean-Louis Schessler is cool.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Frond posted:

1986 is also a great season all around. Prost was Sublime.
84-93 was just an insanely good era. The cars looked great and they could race. Senna and Prost were two giants. Mansell might not have been at their level overall but on the mornings he got out of bed on the right side he could go toe to toe with them. A Piquet who could drive better than his son.

84-93 there were 160 grand prix. 80% of them were won by those four. The rest of the time is was just guys like Berger and Patrese picking up the token win.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jul 9, 2020

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
80-83 is cool too. 80-82 actually has quite a bit overtaking. Basically what I am saying is bring back ground effects.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The level of the entire field was generally better, IMO. Not trying to sound rose tinted but it really is true.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
However this is tempered by the fact that their were some truly appalling backmarkers - particularly from 1989-1992ish.

We can bang on and on about Stroll or even the Ides/Yoongs but in all honesty they got nothing on the likes of Claudio Langes, Fabre, Chisea, Weidler, etc.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
So I guess Big Chuck flew home to Monaco for the week and wasn't practicing social distancing and now people are mad

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

he probably just didn't want to offend anyone from an unspecified country

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

GramCracker posted:

So I guess Big Chuck flew home to Monaco for the week and wasn't practicing social distancing and now people are mad

Bottas too but I haven't seen the pictures of Charles although going by the reddit rage you'd think he was attending frat parties

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Leave Charles alone

[–]albiorix_Robert Kubica 136 puntos hace una hora
Another poster pointed this out in a separate thread. Buxton cannot hang with his fiancee who is at the SAME track as him but Charles is allowed to travel home and socialize with friends? Madness, I love Charles but come on mate, these are not normal times. I got you that these guys are stressed and need to relax but didn't they just have an extra couple months off to hang with all their friends...

Yeah sure the guy risking his life at 300 kms per hour is in the same cathegory than some fucktard from sky f1, great point reddit

the paradigm shift posted:

Bottas too but I haven't seen the pictures of Charles although going by the reddit rage you'd think he was attending frat parties

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCa-JhVB6UN/

Dude is living his best life right now

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

When is Vettel announcing his retirement?

is he waiting for red bull to take him back? for the end of the season? To be (continue being) at the bottom of the grid??