Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

infernal machines posted:

their mandate is evidently to protect the shareholders, which they accomplish by never doing anything that might adversely affect the share price, including preventing the ceo from making materially false statements about the company. because of course if they were to censure him for that, it would cause the share price to drop and confidence in the company to fall

if at any time they act to prevent musk from lying about tesla, it will without a doubt harm tesla investors, so clearly they can't do that

Unfortunately this appears to be 100% right, which is why Musk was allowed to remain CEO after the $420 funding secured securities fraud issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

as someone who worked in the human services field for a decade, imo kanye probably has some kind of health condition that he doesn't always have under control. it's not an insult towards him to say this either, imo it's probably hard as hell on him to have to deal with whatever he has going on. it's also really gross some of the things people say about him

i thought he literally said at some point that he has bipolar disorder.

certainly it would explain how he'll sometimes just totally disappear from public view and other times make an entire new album in a week

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

that would make 100% sense yeah

mystes
May 31, 2006

qirex posted:

it's kind of amazing that as long as number keeps going up he apparently can't get in trouble for making materially false statements
This is why it's batshit insane to have regulation of "securities fraud" be the only means of punishing companies' bad behavior.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'd agree that kanye probably has that michael jackson disease, the one where everyone in your inner circle is more interested in extracting money from you than your actual health

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

I'd agree that kanye probably has that michael jackson disease, the one where everyone in your inner circle is more interested in extracting money from you than your actual health
other sufferers include whitney houston and amy winehouse

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

someone like kanye also scores multiple bingos on a "people who are less likely to seek mental health treatment" card. the stigma is real

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FMguru posted:

other sufferers include whitney houston and amy winehouse

rip prince

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

mystes posted:

This is why it's batshit insane to have regulation of "securities fraud" be the only means of punishing companies' bad behavior.

if you successfully lie you can't get in trouble, seems fair

the sec was originally supposed to enforce a level playing field for individual investors vs. the good old boys but lol at that ever being possible

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

rip prince

imagine how many kids prince got killed because of evangelizing as a jehovah's witness

gently caress prince

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

psiox posted:

imagine how many kids prince got killed because of evangelizing as a jehovah's witness

gently caress prince

hot take for sure, well done

are you saying it's ok for entourages to commit negligent homicide on rock stars via fentanyl if the rock star has a weird religion

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
imagine how many queer kids didn't kill themselves because prince showed them it was okay to be weird and open with their sexuality and not commit to gender roles

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

pop culture is a machine that devours and racism/sexism sharpens its teeth

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

are you saying it's ok for entourages to commit negligent homicide on rock stars via fentanyl if the rock star has a weird religion

absolutely not, still gross and sad/enraging to see

good point re: showing it's cool to be weird though

thank goodness there are more than enough people to fill that role these days without also telling parents it's okay to withhold lifesaving medical attention from your kids

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

prince is a land of contrasts

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Kanye does have bipolar disorder, and is reportedly in the middle of an episode.

:laffo:
https://twitter.com/RSorokanich/status/1281057341471969280

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
dying on the "gently caress JWs" hill is intensely surprising and novel, i love this gimmick

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i think you can have bipolar disorder and also be a fgucking idiot

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

qirex posted:

it's kind of amazing that as long as number keeps going up he apparently can't get in trouble for making materially false statements
Not a bug but a feature LMBO

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

dying on the "gently caress JWs" hill is intensely surprising and novel, i love this gimmick

do... do you think I'm actually trying to pick a fight about this and die on said molehill?

i like you but this seems like the kind of willful misconstruction i'd usually only expect out of nbsd

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
"people that maybe think it's wrong to campaign against letting doctors make medical decisions are the problem, actually. especially when they drop it after acknowledging a halfway decent point i made. lol why are you dying on this hill? stop hitting yourself"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

quote:

He became a Jehovah's Witness in 2001, following a two-year debate with bassist Larry Graham, who became his mentor and a close friend at this time. He did not consider it a conversion but a "realization", comparing it to Morpheus and Neo in The Matrix. He attended meetings at a local Kingdom Hall and occasionally knocked on people's doors to discuss his faith.[349][350] Prince had needed double hip replacement surgery since 2005. A false rumor was spread by tabloids that he would not undergo the operation because of his religious beliefs, which included a refusal to have blood transfusions.[351] The Star Tribune reported that Graham "denied claims that Prince couldn't have hip surgery because his faith prohibited blood transfusions"[352] and put the false rumor to rest as hip surgery does not require any blood transfusions.[353][354][355] According to Morris Day, Prince in fact had the hip surgery in 2008.

This was another manifestation of people attempting to manipulate and control him with no criticism or balance involved. please stop this.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i acknowledged that

this is up there with 'actually calling me short is tantamount to laughing at poor people for being poor' but please continue to fortify your hill

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i get that you most likely had a loved one or family member killed by the JW's anti-medical-intervention beliefs. i almost lost my junior year best friend because her insane JW grandma drove her to slit her wrists and i was the one driving the car to go try to bandage her up before she bled out. but "gently caress prince" does nothing and makes you look like a reactionary cancel culture jackass that got a search alert for your FBI Top Ten and it's super annoying to kramer the gently caress into an earnest discussion about queer role models to piss and moan about a weird religion he got into AFTER all his formative work was released. its like those super loving tedious shitbags that crawl into beck threads with BUT HE WAS A SCIENTOLOGIST FOR A WHILE. mellow gold didn't get any less good after any of them posted that.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
oh so the conversation the whole time was actually about queer role models, sorry i must've missed that

exactly what is it that you think you need to feel like you 'won' this interaction

if you just needed to be performatively mad at someone and have a righteous meltdown, well,

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

i get that you most likely had a loved one or family member killed by the JW's anti-medical-intervention beliefs

your compassion is truly overflowing, almost to the degree you have for prince

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
this thread is a tesla and prince is a firetruck

mystes
May 31, 2006

Actually, this thread is a Jehovas Witness dying of blood loss and gassing is a blood transfusion.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
isn't that christian scientists? that group is literally dying out, and their ideology with them thankfully

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nah, JWs are on the no-transfusions tip. the Scientists share that but are more hardline about medical care overall.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
actually, you can't blame anybody in those organizations for anything they do because of the environment they're in, and to do anything else makes you a cancel-culture SJW kramering in to belittle everyone's personal struggles

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
next up we beatify musk who actually is just a product of circumstance

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

the watchtower watcher has logged the gently caress on

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

psiox posted:

actually, you can't blame anybody in those organizations for anything they do because of the environment they're in, and to do anything else makes you a cancel-culture SJW kramering in to belittle everyone's personal struggles

shut the gently caress up dumbass.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

here for the jonny 290 commentary on queer sexuality and on religion

lmao

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Midjack posted:

shut the gently caress up dumbass.

rude, but i guess you just needed attention too

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Bugsy posted:

Kanye does have bipolar disorder, and is reportedly in the middle of an episode.

:laffo:
https://twitter.com/RSorokanich/status/1281057341471969280

they got the angle of the hands wrong but this shortcoming is outshone by the tesla logo as a bold new interpretation of the ring   :golfclap:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
e: what a strange derail in the tesla thread.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

psiox posted:

do... do you think I'm actually trying to pick a fight about this and die on said molehill?

For someone who isn't interested in having this argument, you are really keen on carrying on with it in this thread about Elon Musk and his dumbshit companies.

Regardless, Prince would have to go a hell of a long way to be as destructive as Musk. After all, this is the guy who keeps claiming his cars have self-driving capabilites, despite the fact thay they can't tell the difference between open space and a white truck that is directly beside you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

TheDarkFlame posted:

For someone who isn't interested in having this argument, you are really keen on carrying on

yes i only tried to drop it multiple times, but please continue the derail because christ knows your input will finally be what's needed to cap it off

a lot of you really need constant validation, huh