Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

got off on a technicality posted:

The reasoning on the first bit is pure wifom. On the second why bother speculating about setup? This game has clearly been designed to be a bit non-standard. Maybe Sal is a third party. Who knows? It's simple enough to say that role fishing and baiting claims doesn't help town

I'm lost on the context, who are you claiming is rolefishing and baiting here, me or sal? I don't see it happening in either of our posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Andy what are the lurker rules for this game?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
It should be noted even if there are lurker rules that Spoonsy has likely gotten by based on shitpost volume

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Oh ho ho! What a riot! That big dumb shark is never gonna catch Stinky Pete!! Ha ha ha ha ha..

We’re all gonna get x-ray vision. Not big dumb robot hands. X-ray vision, after dark!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

SalTheBard (2): got off on a technicality, Dead Cow
Spoonsy (1): Kashuno
Sandwolf (1): JOHN CENA
got off on a technicality (1): spacing in vienna
Kashuno (0): Dead Cow, Dead Cow

Not Voting (6): GenericGirlName, Jose Valasquez, nerox, SalTheBard, Sandwolf, Spoonsy

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 11th, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

##vote Spoonsy but would vote got off as well

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jose Valasquez posted:

##vote Spoonsy but would vote got off as well

I'll go with it.

##vote spoonsy

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Ugh this does not count the three most recent posts because this took longer than I realized it was going to.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

spacing in vienna posted:

Ugh this does not count the three most recent posts because this took longer than I realized it was going to.

i mean we can vote for votefinder

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
X-Ray vision at night while selling pot...holders

X-Ray. Night. Pot holders.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I've been reluctant to vote Spoonsy since I think the poo poo posting is itself alignment-neutral, but if he's going to be unhelpful all game

##vote Spoonsy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that's -1

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Spoonsy if you're gonna fight now's the time

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I’m going to use x ray vision at night and stare at all my monitors and watch what’s going on. Because that’s what Sparks does. Sits and watches. And quotes the gosh darn show the game is based off of.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
loving hell I'm really #3 in posts?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
And because being pro-Alvis is way more fun than looking at a post and say “he killed a guy!”

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Spoonsy posted:

I’m going to use x ray vision at night and stare at all my monitors and watch what’s going on. Because that’s what Sparks does. Sits and watches. And quotes the gosh darn show the game is based off of.

I mean really, where are you without Captain Murphy?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Spoonsy posted:

And because being pro-Alvis is way more fun than looking at a post and say “he killed a guy!”

This is a universal truth.

##vote got off on a technicality

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

JOHN CENA posted:

I mean really, where are you without Captain Murphy?

Sadly making an assload of money

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Spoonsy posted:

Either I'm losing my mind, or I just suddenly got it.

##vote get off

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spoonsy posted:

Offing got off and we can all have X-ray vision with Cow?

Also in case this wasn’t obvious I like the case for this and I could watch Cow tonight with a got off lunch.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
I like JV's case on got off better than Kash case on Spoonsy.

##vote got off

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Spoonsy posted:

Also in case this wasn’t obvious I like the case for this and I could watch Cow tonight with a got off lunch.

It's a miracle! Truly, an Alvistime miracle!

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I obviously was hoping to not have to put this in plain English because this is a game based on a show where everyone is an idiot except for the person who was killed last night. He had four phds, but I just thought that was a nickname. You know, like "Doctor Dre'."

East si-ide!

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Spoonsy posted:

Sure, I'm ok with that

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Spoonsy posted:

I obviously was hoping to not have to put this in plain English because this is a game based on a show where everyone is an idiot except for the person who was killed last night. He had four phds, but I just thought that was a nickname. You know, like "Doctor Dre'."

East si-ide!

To be fair some of the residents of Sealab are more crazy than dumb.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Also several people haven't even watched the show :colbert:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

##vote got off

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

something about the show very clearly doesn't work if you attempt to watch it while the sun is out.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I guess you can say Spoonsy got off on a technicality :dadjoke:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I never watched this show I was in elementary school when it started airing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote got off

I swear if they are town i am gonna be so pissed at you all

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
##vote Got off

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
That's :redhammer:! Okay, now that the day is over, two things:

got off on a technicality posted:

gently caress off shitbird
This is way over the line. You get one warning; this is it. As a reminder:

CapnAndy posted:

Don't Be A Dick
That rule is very important, though, so I typed it out myself. Now, of all times, is no time to be dicks to one another. As much as this is a game of calling each other idiots in the name of fun, I don't want to see any personal attacks or making one another feel bad, god drat it. The world is awful. The forums are teetering on the edge. Be nice.

Secondly

Jose Valasquez posted:

Andy what are the lurker rules for this game?
I did not set any, but I agree it's becoming a problem. We only have 48 hour days, so... I don't know, 5 posts per game day, minimum? I'm open to discussion on this. You've all got confessionals; chime in and I'll have a rule set up starting tomorrow.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 12, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yeah the vibe for this game should be a lot more relaxed than most mafia games. it's only mafia.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
heck u

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
In the broom closet, everyone was a little more tense.

Spoonsy was being particularly quiet. Every time someone else prodded him, he stirred awake to tell a joke, but over time it seemed like less and less people thought he was funny. There were starting to be grumbles that maybe he ought to be thrown to the zombies, but he plied the crowd with drugs and credit cards until they liked him again.

"What about gooat?", people said. "He's been extremely rude." He had been extremely rude, so with that they threw him out to the -----

--ghzzkgkgjk--

---- and gooat and Sandwolf embraced as dear friends, while the crew of Sealab danced merrily in the backdrop. Someone even did a sweet drop kick, just to show off their karate skills.

Nobody was voted out Day 2!

And then Sealab exploded.

It is now Night 2!

Thread will reopen at approximately 9 pm EST tomorrow, July 12th. Get your night actions in before that, or you will target a player at random.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

It is a normal day on Sealab.

Which, in this case, means that the Bizarros are still invading, you're still trapped in the broom closet, and now Nerox is dead. You have to work on it a little bit to put the pieces back together -- it's like a particularly gross ijgsaw puzzle -- but the skin color was a pretty big clue, and pretty soon you know who Nerox was. Debbie is dead. Now nobody will teach the children of Sealab, but you suppose nobody was really teaching them anyway. Bunch of hoodlums, all of them.

You'll have to try once again to find someone useful to throw to the zombies. This will certainly not end in the destruction of Sealab.

Again.

Nerox, Debbie Allison Love, Town-Aligned Vanilla Townie, was Bizarro-beamed Night 2!

Day Three has begun! Deadline will be Tuesday, July 14th, at 9pm EST.

New rule: From now on, if you do not post at least five times per game day, you will be modkilled at nightfall. This rule may be modified later if need be.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jose Valasquez posted:

I guess you can say Spoonsy got off on a technicality :dadjoke:

Except it seems like got off on a technicality .... Got off on a technicality.

Got off, mind telling us wtf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote Spoonsy