Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Yeah bbq really doesn't work on pizza and I say that as someone that LOVES bbq sauce otherwise.

You know what DOES work well? Full English breakfast pizza with baked beans as the sauce base :chef::respek::getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I had a curry pizza once where the base was a naan

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

kecske posted:

I had a curry pizza once where the base was a naan

is that not just a curry?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

sure, in the same way that pizza is an open faced hot sandwich or possibly open flat savoury pie

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

feedmegin posted:

You know what DOES work well? Full English breakfast pizza with baked beans as the sauce base :chef::respek::getin:

Whenever I hit up Leeds for Arcade Club and get smashed in the evening, the next day is always a pilgrimage to San Co in the city centre for an American breakfast of bacon pancakes and breakfast pizza. So good. They're not savages so no beans as sauce but you get it as a side which you can turf on top if you so desire.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
ice cream pizza with a cone base, vanilla sauce and flake topping

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
Pizza but it's spaghetti bolognese on some garlic bread

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

fondant icing pizza on jam stuffed victoria sponge base

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

stop talking about pizza you bastards

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

stop talking about pizza you bastards

Gonna make a deep dish one at some point this week

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A pizza topped with tiny pizzas, each having a different sauce base and topping.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Whenever I hit up Leeds for Arcade Club
What's the Leeds one like? If you've been to Bury that is, and can compare it.

I've been to the Bury one a couple of times and it's great, although having free reign on all the machines does rather destroy the tension of not knowing how far your 10p is going to carry you.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

its all pizza

always has been

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Why is a Margherita pizza with chips and garlic sauce on top called a London Pizza?

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 13, 2020

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

because that's what the shop you're buying it from calls it

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I never did beat super hexagon

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

because that's what the shop you're buying it from calls it

Yeah I just don't get what London has to do with it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Probably first ordered in that shop by a guy from London.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It seems to be 'a thing'. Not a thing that should exist, but hey.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g776120-d1788386-i131665254-Alessi_s-Saltburn_by_the_Sea_North_Yorkshire_England.html

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

a pizza place i ordered from called all their pizzas by the names of countries. nothing to do with the ingredients. just differentiators

an actual london pizza would have fish and chips on it and cost £30

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

an actual london pizza would have fish and chips jellied eels on it and cost £30

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It would be a fraction of the size advertised and you'd have to share it with 3 other people.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

GazChap posted:

I've been to the Bury one a couple of times and it's great, although having free reign on all the machines does rather destroy the tension of not knowing how far your 10p is going to carry you.

It isn't as big for a start BUT there's no service elevator restrictions like in Bury (because it has a ground floor) which means all the big old Sega hydraulic cabs live there which is rad. There's also poo poo like a loving full size music cabinet with guitars and drums, the works and the only free play House of the Dead 5 machine in Europe apparently. Mezzanine is retro stuff and floor up from that is a maze of rooms with all the PC stuff, VR and a bunch of shoot 'em ups. 2 player Daytona HD from 2016, some weird elevator based shooter and a really cool vertical screen 2 player tank game called Tank, Tank, Tank iirc. Leeds is also where they keep the back to back Capcom competition fight cabs so you can sneakily sit down and destroy someone sat at the other side of the machine without them seeing.

Definitely worth a visit, there's enough different there to make it worth it. They're opening again at the end of the month but are allocating 4 hour time slots and limiting numbers. I think they're cleaning the machines after every session too.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Fish and chips are poo poo in london

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It isn't as big for a start BUT there's no service elevator restrictions like in Bury (because it has a ground floor) which means all the big old Sega hydraulic cabs live there which is rad.

+ lots of other rad stuff.

That does indeed sound pretty rad. My brother-in-law lives in Leeds so I think when everything's back to some degree of normality I think we'll have to pay him a visit ;)

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

GazChap posted:

I made a tabletop arcade machine this year and it does make all games "easy" because you just keep hitting continue forever.

That's the only tiny complaint though

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

GazChap posted:

That does indeed sound pretty rad. My brother-in-law lives in Leeds so I think when everything's back to some degree of normality I think we'll have to pay him a visit ;)

Yeah do it, they're constantly buying more games and switch them up periodically. You can also request games and if they don't have them, they will try to get it. This is how I got to play Cadillacs and Dinosaurs when Leeds opened which is just the best kind of customer service. The dude who owns it, Andy, is a top bloke.

They also have one in Blackpool now but I'm not sure if it was open or not before the world went to poo poo...

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
so face masks soon. I'm almost starting to wonder if this tory government maybe either doesn't know or care to give a gently caress?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

the part of the british public which run round the streets screaming seems to be back

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

I'm jazzed to hear a bunch of people complaining about the masks and why do we have to wear them anyway as I risk my life so they can get a lottery ticket

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

this whole epidemic has had my gladwell node tingling with conspiracy theories but i feel like the mandatory masks absolutely ties in with the economic strategy of maintaining updog at all costs

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

everything the government has done has been insanely delayed. like i dunno wtf is going on but masks should of been mandatory 3 months ago.

not to get political but they're directly responsible for tens of thousands of covid-19 related deaths because theyre loving cowards

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

and i bet they keenly feel each and every excess death

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

and i bet they keenly feel each and every excess death

definitely. boy i bet cummings just can't sleep at night

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The government had to wait until the science was sound they had given their mates about half a billion quid to stock up on masks to haul back to us

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1279311067785633793?s=19

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

They're responsible for these excess deaths but we all know that absolutely nothing will come of it. Nobody will ever be held responsible and loving idiots will still believe this government is the best thing ever.

It's an utterly depressing realisation and makes me not want to live here if this is what we have to deal with. Imagine how easy your life is if you're a heartless oval office...

*edit: ^ you see the company that received over a quarter of a billion quid? They're based in a tax haven and have absolutely no history of anything PPE related. They're in finance aka tax dodges.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Yeah the Twitter thread is a horror - click through if you haven't peeps

I'm desperate to leave mystery land, my NZ plans are on hold whilst the borders are closed but I've bled so much of my savings that I might have to delay

For gently caress sake