Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Just make it an Illuminati/INWO minigame that gives bonuses and debuffs.

Random science boosts to those who have the Reptiloid conspiracy, but you also randomly lose a population for adrenochrome production, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Hogama posted:

It's the wording of the tweet, I'll wager.
https://twitter.com/CivGame/status/1281634552771821568
It's saying that you can learn about Ethiopia on the 13th, and that Ethiopia is the next piece of content of the Pass.

That's a dumb tweet irrespective of the release date confusion.

"What are you excited to learn?" Uh... about Ethiopia?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Chad Sexington posted:

That's a dumb tweet irrespective of the release date confusion.

"What are you excited to learn?" Uh... about Ethiopia?

I would love to learn about the main exports and imports of Ethiopia

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Pattonesque posted:

I would love to learn about the main exports and imports of Ethiopia

Imports: Guns
Exports: Dead Italian invaders

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

blackmongoose posted:

Imports: Guns
Exports: Dead Italian invaders

they also export Rastafari messiahs

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/CivGame/status/1282691258448621569

it up but no Ethiopia news yet for some reason

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
As usual Reddit was watching much more closely than me, so someone spotted the Ethiopia leader profile and quickly ID'd it as Menelik II, so feel free to speculate about how that and the faith/trade focus will mesh until we get actual info!

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Secret societies mode sounds like fun. I wonder if it's just a wacky bonus governor or if there are diplo consequences for being in the same society as another Civ.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Nice hat.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

sexpig by night posted:

As usual Reddit was watching much more closely than me, so someone spotted the Ethiopia leader profile and quickly ID'd it as Menelik II, so feel free to speculate about how that and the faith/trade focus will mesh until we get actual info!

No Selassie? Babylon wins again

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Considering the history of Christianity in Ethiopia, I wonder if the expansion will have a mechanic to let you take a religion someone else founded and add to it, and/or use it for your own religious victory?

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

No Selassie? Babylon wins again

Selassie gets all the love, woulda been lame if they picked him again imo. Menelik is a really good choice. Beyond his fly hat, he hosed the Italians up at Adwa

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

So there are vampires and Cthulu in civ now................huh

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Madmarker posted:

Customer surveys reveal that the players want less mechanics and bug fixes and more Gangnam Styles and companion cubes.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Madmarker posted:

Well it's about time.

E: The first one is also clearly the Illuminati.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Of all the CK2 expansions to use for Civ, I was not expecting Monks and Mystics.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
can anyone explain why I can't hit next here?

the game says I have to vote on everything...did I not?

no matter what configuration I put it in it won't let me hit next

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
There’s a scroll bar, try scrolling down for one more resolution

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

thanks alot assbag posted:

This gets me every time

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

I wouldn't be so sure that's the problem because I have experienced that glitch myself.

Those were the only 2 resolutions and it wouldn't let me vote on them. I don't even know if there's a solution because it was a multiplayer game and I just left instead of trying to figure out how to fix it because someone else was just a couple turns from a science victory.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

thanks alot assbag posted:

Real "make sure to do the questions on the back" energy

Thanks!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Stefan Prodan posted:

Real "make sure to do the questions on the back" energy

Thanks!

Don't be sorry, it gets me every time too.

thepharmtech
Feb 15, 2017

Take the suggestion from my avatar

Hellioning posted:

Of all the CK2 expansions to use for Civ, I was not expecting Monks and Mystics.

No complaints about that. Societies were my favorite addition to CK2 and I can't wait to see how it plays out in Civ VI

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
A fun thing I found out you can do today is completely surround Eyjafjallajökull with Moai:

If I count right that's 60 culture from those volcano tiles.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I find that the world is hitting eras way too quickly on Emperor difficulty. Anyone else with this experience? It's 1330 AD and the world is in the Industrial Era. What years do you all see the era transitions happen?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Diplomatic quarter seems cool. Since it determines the value of envoys, I expect this is going to impact how valuable an early first-meet is going to be.

So, what does Ethiopa do? I think I heard something about faith from international trade routes, but that's so boring I'm surprised they even mentioned it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
They said something about “ways to turn the extra faith into a culture victory” and I have no idea how to parse that other than being really coy about them getting a unique unit/infrastructure that gives tourism and maybe an ability to make faith purchases.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Ooh wonder if we'll get some sort of Church of the Grail that plays into secret societies somehow.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

They said something about “ways to turn the extra faith into a culture victory” and I have no idea how to parse that other than being really coy about them getting a unique unit/infrastructure that gives tourism and maybe an ability to make faith purchases.

It could be a holy site building that gives culture equal to the district's faith adjacency bonus?

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

This feels just like when I was in high school and waiting for the next MTG expansion. Never thought it'd happen in the Civ ecology though.
"Ooh, they're adding flanking. Wait, what's this phasing poo poo?"

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Chamale posted:

I find that the world is hitting eras way too quickly on Emperor difficulty. Anyone else with this experience? It's 1330 AD and the world is in the Industrial Era. What years do you all see the era transitions happen?

The higher the difficulty, the faster the game goes (otherwise it wouldn't be harder). On Diety, you could have tanks by then.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Kassad posted:

It could be a holy site building that gives culture equal to the district's faith adjacency bonus?

Boooring.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Organic Lube User posted:

Ooh wonder if we'll get some sort of Church of the Grail that plays into secret societies somehow.

Nah, they'll just stash it in the Petra. :v:

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Bland posted:

I wouldn't be so sure that's the problem because I have experienced that glitch myself.

Those were the only 2 resolutions and it wouldn't let me vote on them. I don't even know if there's a solution because it was a multiplayer game and I just left instead of trying to figure out how to fix it because someone else was just a couple turns from a science victory.

Potato just got this bug live on stream
The solution was to shift-enter

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

showbiz_liz posted:

A fun thing I found out you can do today is completely surround Eyjafjallajökull with Moai:

If I count right that's 60 culture from those volcano tiles.

Which button do you press to get those condensed yield statistics on other leaders? I only ever get the big screen.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Turned the difficulty up to emperor or whatever level 6 is and it's the first time the games gone on long enough for the AI to get rock bands and is there any way to turn the rock band sound off cuz they're just spammed everywhere and its insanely annoying lol

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Babylon, my neighbour city-state, declared war on me. I conquered them, and immediately got condemned by every country in the world. That's such a dumb gameplay flaw, is there a mod that removes the diplomatic penalty for conquering a city-state that attacked you?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

City States cannot declare war unless you either provoke them or their suzerain declared war. In either event, everyone thinks you're being a jerk for taking them over for a decision they didn't really make.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Hellioning posted:

City States cannot declare war unless you either provoke them or their suzerain declared war. In either event, everyone thinks you're being a jerk for taking them over for a decision they didn't really make.

I didn't realize Rome was their suzerain when I went to war with Rome, and I may have been motivated by the uranium on Babylon's territory, but it still felt pretty harsh.

Chamale fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jul 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Speedball posted:

Which button do you press to get those condensed yield statistics on other leaders? I only ever get the big screen.

Game Options-> Interface-> Show Yields in HUD Ribbon