Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CheeseFactory posted:

I'm still trying to get an Engimas Draw with Range Finder, Opening Shot, High Cal, Far Point and Range MW.

Ive gotten close but no cigar. Its probably not worth the extra few thousand of materials its going to take. Or more. Since its statistically improbable.

And the only high impact fusion left next season is the Elatha, unless they introduce another.

But exotics will always stick around and my favorite, Wavesplitter, is not very popular, so its unlikely to get nerfed.

:smug:

(the sight also has range on it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

masteen
Nov 23, 2010
Is this a website or some sort of phone app like I hear the kids talking about? I have no idea how spaceguns work and need the Internet to tell me how to "git gud".

Spanish Manlove posted:

:smug:

(the sight also has range on it)

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

masteen posted:

Is this a website or some sort of phone app like I hear the kids talking about? I have no idea how spaceguns work and need the Internet to tell me how to "git gud".
There are several, both apps for phones and full websites. Ishtar Commander and Destiny Item Manager are two. I think D2Checklist also has a "good roll"/"god roll" filter function but I have no idea if it actually tracks with the current PvP/PvE meta. Gudder people than I can weigh in on that.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Ooooh, yay. A quest that involves killing fifteen of an enemy that only spawns once an event and then "scanning" fifteen different preset spots on four maps.

This season is better than last one, but boy some of these quests suck.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Captain Log posted:

A quest that involves killing fifteen of an enemy that only spawns once an event

Don't do the marionettes by doing contact events. Go to the part of the map where the event isn't (Lost Oasis is good for this), and look for notifications that Taken Disruptors of various varieties have appeared. Kill the boss enemies and marionettes will spawn.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Captain Log posted:

Ooooh, yay. A quest that involves killing fifteen of an enemy that only spawns once an event and then "scanning" fifteen different preset spots on four maps.

This season is better than last one, but boy some of these quests suck.

run in a circle around the rig, they spawn constantly; it still takes like an hour or two but it's not interminable.

Millertime
Jul 5, 2007
It’s totally worth it too, Effigy is among the more unique and fun exotics I’ve come across. Totally changed up my build around it.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Can confirm playing with balls rules.

A purple ball!!!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Unormal posted:

run in a circle around the rig, they spawn constantly; it still takes like an hour or two but it's not interminable.

i had best luck rotating through the two areas on Io they spawn at and the rig on titan

if you're fast about finding and killing them you should be able to get to the next zone just as another set spawns

or I mean... I don't know if they spawn in a set order or timer or anything, but at least instead of waiting around in one spot I had changes of scenery and stuff

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Is there a good article out right now about the best God rolls to pursue? I've started sharing a vault full of things that cap at 1060 and need to get some good guns rolling for the future. I don't want to watch multiple, rambling fifteen minute YouTube videos where someone just cursors over Ishtar and say, "Well...I like that one...Rampage is good...yeah..."

Also, when I saw things like my Gambit weapons capped at 1060, I assumed they all were. I've spent the first month of this season sharing Gambit (and other guns from the past) when they dropped, including some godrolls I liked. But the new ones that drop are 1310-1360 capped.

loving hell this is more fiddly than it should be.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The best basic PvE roll advise is still damage perk + reload perk.

Really though just play around with whatever you want until September. There will be enough new stuff in the fall and probably a big balance pass as well, that it's not worth going out of your way to set up multiple god roll loadouts with current drops IMO, especailly if you have 1060 capped stuff you like.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

What's the group think on the new weapon perks? I got two things with seraph rounds that were already tier five. Not sure why that's so high up there, but I've also not had much time to dick around with it.

Got what I thought was a god roll on Lonesome. But Jesus Christ, that gun reloads painfully slow without a reload perk. I shouldn't be able to reload a rocket launcher faster than a pistol.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
I actually got Lumina! Didn't think I would but I tagged along with my roommate to a gambit prime and some unlucky bastard popped in right near me when I had rockets. It's a weird gun that I will probably never actually use but I like having it because I'm a huge dweeb who likes Notable Things In The Fiction.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Zeth posted:

I actually got Lumina! Didn't think I would but I tagged along with my roommate to a gambit prime and some unlucky bastard popped in right near me when I had rockets. It's a weird gun that I will probably never actually use but I like having it because I'm a huge dweeb who likes Notable Things In The Fiction.

Now go get Lumina's catalyst.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Judge Tesla posted:

Now go get Lumina's catalyst.

especially before the tribute hall goes away.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I finished the Lumina catalyst last night. I currently have no catalysts to work on. It's a good feeling. I hate catalyst grinding. Especially when it's "get kills with some weird secondary gun perk or something."

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Captain Log posted:

I finished the Lumina catalyst last night. I currently have no catalysts to work on. It's a good feeling. I hate catalyst grinding. Especially when it's "get kills with some weird secondary gun perk or something."

The Polaris Lance one is especially painful.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The polaris lance catalyst is such an outrageous joke that I genuinely cannot fathom why bungie refuses to touch it

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
Fortunately the lumina catalyst drop isn't something you can really purposefully specifically grind for so I'm safe from being able to add it to my list of things that trip my completionist idiot switch

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Paracelsus posted:

The Polaris Lance one is especially painful.

It seems like 50 kills should be easy but the way it is counted... boy it is a pain.

I am also a superstitious believer in needing to finish catalysts to get more to drop. Seems like whenever I finish one, a new one drops shortly after. However I still have these to do:

DARCI
Polaris Lance
Fighting Lion
Witherhoard
Sturm
Izanagi
Lumina
Trinity Ghoul

Do people still like Castellum for catalyst grinding? I find that Altars is also OK sometime and at least you can do moon bounties and challenges at the same time.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Lord Wexia posted:

It seems like 50 kills should be easy but the way it is counted... boy it is a pain.

I am also a superstitious believer in needing to finish catalysts to get more to drop. Seems like whenever I finish one, a new one drops shortly after. However I still have these to do:

DARCI
Polaris Lance
Fighting Lion
Witherhoard
Sturm
Izanagi
Lumina
Trinity Ghoul

Do people still like Castellum for catalyst grinding? I find that Altars is also OK sometime and at least you can do moon bounties and challenges at the same time.

If it uses green or purple ammo, do Shuro chi. If it uses white, do the green room in the whisper. Using these, each catalyst will take 15-20 minutes to complete.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
To add, if you have a night stalker and tether a bunch of thralls in Suro-Chi a single shot with a sniper or heavy weapon will count as a kill for all of them. Made the Izanagi’s cat go by in a few runs.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Lord Wexia posted:

DARCI
Polaris Lance
Fighting Lion
Witherhoard
Sturm
Izanagi
Lumina
Trinity Ghoul

I finished Polaris and it took longer than Jade loving Rabbit without Momentum Control. I also finished Lumina by spamming heals instead of kills during normal strikes.

I don't have any catalysts to work on right now, so I'm just waiting to see what drops next. I am a firm believer they drop when you complete what you have. (Just finished Witherhound, Jade Rabbit, and Lumina.)

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Emron posted:

If it uses green or purple ammo, do Shuro chi. If it uses white, do the green room in the whisper. Using these, each catalyst will take 15-20 minutes to complete.

If you can't be arsed to get to Shuro Chi or whisper, the Core Terminus lost sector on Mars is good for AoE type catalysts (graviton lance, sunshot, etc.)

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Don't forget the tree in the ascendant challenge

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Hobnob posted:

If you can't be arsed to get to Shuro Chi or whisper, the Core Terminus lost sector on Mars is good for AoE type catalysts (graviton lance, sunshot, etc.)

This is my go to

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

One of my weekly bounties needs a strike on Titan.

But I have an exotic quest step that is the "special" version of that strike that doesn't matchmake, nor does it count toward anything. Is there a way, outside of random chance in playlists, to do the normal matchmade Titan strike?

With that said, what's the best Hunter options to knock out that special Strike? There are loving purple death orbs every three feet and one misstep = back to the start kills my urge to really try and solo it.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.

Captain Log posted:

But I have an exotic quest step that is the "special" version of that strike that doesn't matchmake, nor does it count toward anything. Is there a way, outside of random chance in playlists, to do the normal matchmade Titan strike?

With that said, what's the best Hunter options to knock out that special Strike? There are loving purple death orbs every three feet and one misstep = back to the start kills my urge to really try and solo it.

Ping in the Discord and ask for people to help you with it?

e: Oh wait this is the console thread, uhhhhhh... the console dudes have a Slack right?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Captain Log posted:

You just go to the strike from the Titan map to do the normal strike for your bounty. For your special strike, go invis on Nightstalker a lot. Or do it with other people.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Emron posted:

You just go to the strike from the Titan map to do the normal strike for your bounty. For your special strike, go invis on Nightstalker a lot. Or do it with other people.

I’ll make sure, but I was pretty certain my only option for the strike from titan on the map was the special run.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Captain Log posted:

I’ll make sure, but I was pretty certain my only option for the strike from titan on the map was the special run.

IIRC the "Chasm of Screams" would appear as a quest banner rather than a normal strike emblem.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
It definitely does not appear as a separate quest marker- I've got that up too, looking at it now, and it overwrites the strike entirely. I don't have the option to manually pull up Savathun's Song.

Incidentally, anyone have any advice for lasting long enough to dunk the last orb on the final encounter of chasm? My friends and I can consistently get it to that point, but as soon as someone grabs the ball and the last two wizards spawn we just get instantly ruined. I suspect the answer is just "stop sucking" but I don't think I'm capable of that. I just want Thorn before it all goes away darn it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Kill the wizards? You can't approach that encounter like in the normal matchmade version, go slowly and make sure to wipe out every wave before doing something that will trigger more spawns.

That strike hiding the normal version has been an issue ever since that quest was introduced a year and a half ago.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 13, 2020

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Captain Log posted:

Dude plenty of people looking to do this strike in the lfg on xbox. I must have seen at least three posts looking to do the special strike. Now is the time.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Do the quest, get the Thorn

Thorn is great

(sometimes I have a hard time hitting anything with it though, because Hand Cannon)

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

haveblue posted:

Kill the wizards? You can't approach that encounter like in the normal matchmade version, go slowly and make sure to wipe out every wave before doing something that will trigger more spawns.

That strike hiding the normal version has been an issue ever since that quest was introduced a year and a half ago.

The thralls seem to spawn continuously after the shrieker moves to the platform which is what's been getting us. Do they run out at some point?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Zeth posted:

It definitely does not appear as a separate quest marker- I've got that up too, looking at it now, and it overwrites the strike entirely. I don't have the option to manually pull up Savathun's Song.

Incidentally, anyone have any advice for lasting long enough to dunk the last orb on the final encounter of chasm? My friends and I can consistently get it to that point, but as soon as someone grabs the ball and the last two wizards spawn we just get instantly ruined. I suspect the answer is just "stop sucking" but I don't think I'm capable of that. I just want Thorn before it all goes away darn it.

Awesome, at least now I know I'm not completely stupid.

Adregan posted:

Dude plenty of people looking to do this strike in the lfg on xbox. I must have seen at least three posts looking to do the special strike. Now is the time.

I keep forgetting Discord exists. I'll hop onto the LFG sometime and we can knock some poo poo out. I've got a page of unfinished exotic quests because -

- They are annoying (Ace of Spades. Wander around and find twenty packages while inevitably following a walk through on Youtube? Nah.)

- They are too hard (Whatever exotic requires me to run that missing in the Dreaming City. I can get as far as the stairs, but the endless Ogre spawns are loving impossible for an old like me.)

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Captain Log posted:

Awesome, at least now I know I'm not completely stupid.

I keep forgetting Discord exists. I'll hop onto the LFG sometime and we can knock some poo poo out. I've got a page of unfinished exotic quests because -

- They are annoying (Ace of Spades. Wander around and find twenty packages while inevitably following a walk through on Youtube? Nah.)

- They are too hard (Whatever exotic requires me to run that missing in the Dreaming City. I can get as far as the stairs, but the endless Ogre spawns are loving impossible for an old like me.)

Not the discord. The lfg on Xbox. You go through a couple of menus but you can pick the game you want to search for and then even filter for just the thorn strike.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Adregan posted:

Not the discord. The lfg on Xbox. You go through a couple of menus but you can pick the game you want to search for and then even filter for just the thorn strike.

I'm afraid of chatting with actual randoms. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Zeth posted:

The thralls seem to spawn continuously after the shrieker moves to the platform which is what's been getting us. Do they run out at some point?

The shrieker doesnt move until you dunk the ball. You can clear the adds a bit before hand, the thralls seem to spawn on waves with a timer. The wizards spawn as soon as you pick up the ball, so just drop it and kill the wizards. If you need to wait until you have a golden gun or some kind of burst dps just sit and chill until your goldie is back up or you pick up heavy from the adds. Hive Armaments basically guarantees you will stay in heavy, and Hive Barrier will put in work to keep you alive. If you dont have those make sure to get them before they vanish this season. They drop from Menagerie (with a pretty decent drop chance at the end)or from the second chest in Crown of Sorrow.

But typically as soon as the shrieker moves somebody just blows their heavy load or pops a Golden Gun with Nighthawk and smokes the shrieker. When this strike was the thing you even had to make sure people didnt smoke the shrieker too fast and forget to kill the knight.

anglachel fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 14, 2020