Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Got a sleeper vehicle with a traverse V6 wedged in it and an executive car with a large V8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Sir Not Appearing posted:

4-wheeled cars
Toyota Highlander
Scion xD
Jeep Wrangler

2-wheeled cars:
Triumph Daytona
Kawasaki Ninja

Ur Jeep loving owns, my friend.

Professor Spatula
Apr 16, 2007
Challenger Hellcat

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
For real? That's my fantasy ride.

Have you had it on the track? If so, what's the top speed you've reached? If no, what's the top speed you've done on the freeway?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Professor Spatula posted:

Challenger Hellcat

Are you the guy that crossed over into the oncoming lane to go around traffic. I honked at you.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

I used to drive a jeep until one day I mistakenly did not reciprocate a jeep wave to an ex cop and he used his connects to find out where I work and he actually confronted me on my way out to my car after my shift at Jimmy johns. he completely sold me on electric cars and how theyre better for the enrivonment and I've been driving a Prius ever since. that was 20014

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

First gen or second?

I like the look and practicality of the first gen and there's one for sale near me for pretty cheap, but it's lowered on springs. Ugh.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Also we have a 2016 Mazda CX-5

Mia Antifa
Sep 12, 2011

nazi punks fuck off
I drive a 2019 civic type r. I was between that and the veloster n for hot hot hatchiness but my loyalty to the Honda gang was too strong. The wife drives a 2016 Elantra GT. Haven’t had any issues with either cars but I think the next purchase will be something I can move things in. I wish the small truck never died in the states, having something the size of a 92 ford ranger without the age of a 92 ranger would be perfect.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Wendigee posted:

Chevrolet Cruz 2012 Turbo
That was my friends car and I was actually super impressed. It was like the first turbo economy car I know about it saw around here.

I actually have 2011 wrx hatchback I bought it in persob as my first car my parents didn't give me that was about 1k... It's still running perfectly I only use it to commute.

Since I don't drive much, do I need a new belt? I need new tires badly, but they also want me to do the timing? belt because it's been ten years even though I only have 59.5k miles on the car. I think the recommended mileage is 90k or ten years.

I know I need tries, they have like maybe a millimeter tread left.

Do I need to replace the belt too? I don't want to pay $1500 but I know if a boxer engine goes out of timing it explodes...... I'd like some advice?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Roll them bones, baby.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

I used to drive a jeep until one day I mistakenly did not reciprocate a jeep wave to an ex cop and he used his connects to find out where I work and he actually confronted me on my way out to my car after my shift at Jimmy johns. he completely sold me on electric cars and how theyre better for the enrivonment and I've been driving a Prius ever since. that was 20014

Lol way to pull a earl flinn. :downs:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I drive a little Mazda3 (pictured)

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

RandomFerret posted:

First gen or second?

I like the look and practicality of the first gen and there's one for sale near me for pretty cheap, but it's lowered on springs. Ugh.

As long as the aftermarket springs are progressive it'll probably help that platform. I had an xA and it handled like a Yaris until I put Eibachs on it and dropped it 1.5" . After those and the rear sway bar it handled more like a Fit.

Mia Antifa
Sep 12, 2011

nazi punks fuck off

Wendigee posted:

That was my friends car and I was actually super impressed. It was like the first turbo economy car I know about it saw around here.

I actually have 2011 wrx hatchback I bought it in persob as my first car my parents didn't give me that was about 1k... It's still running perfectly I only use it to commute.

Since I don't drive much, do I need a new belt? I need new tires badly, but they also want me to do the timing? belt because it's been ten years even though I only have 59.5k miles on the car. I think the recommended mileage is 90k or ten years.

I know I need tries, they have like maybe a millimeter tread left.

Do I need to replace the belt too? I don't want to pay $1500 but I know if a boxer engine goes out of timing it explodes...... I'd like some advice?

It sucks but if the recommended interval is 90k or 9 years or whatever it’s better to pay the 1500 now to keep the car running than have your engine go kablooey. It’s really lovely that you have to replace the tires on top of that- I’ve owned four Subarus and it’s always a bummer replacing all four tires in one go :geno:

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

I hate the planet - so I have a 2014 Audi S6, a 2005 Audi S4 - and a 2004 4Runner. All 3 are V8...

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000
I drive a really cool sports car that goes fast and definitely not a 2010 Toyota Corolla with a pretty noticable dent on the gas door thing because someone hit it at the airport and the TSA "officer" told my wife to keep it moving rather than file a report about a hit and run.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

FileNotFound posted:

I hate the planet - so I have a 2014 Audi S6, a 2005 Audi S4 - and a 2004 4Runner. All 3 are V8...

get on my level I got a one ton crew cab diesel AND a 4runner AND a subaru (300k miles on that baby) AND a v6 6 speed manual sedan AND a matrix XRS (with the 2zz-ge, yamaha heads make it sound like a crotch rocket)

also like 10 bicycles cuz I love the environment. But I also like driving so you know

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

madamimadam posted:

It sucks but if the recommended interval is 90k or 9 years or whatever it’s better to pay the 1500 now to keep the car running than have your engine go kablooey. It’s really lovely that you have to replace the tires on top of that- I’ve owned four Subarus and it’s always a bummer replacing all four tires in one go :geno:

Tires are the most important safety device on your vehicle. Get good ones

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Miata of course

All of you losers are doing it wrong.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

get on my level I got a one ton crew cab diesel AND a 4runner AND a subaru (300k miles on that baby) AND a v6 6 speed manual sedan AND a matrix XRS (with the 2zz-ge, yamaha heads make it sound like a crotch rocket)

also like 10 bicycles cuz I love the environment. But I also like driving so you know

I legit want to get there - but my wife won't let me. She made me sell my ZX-14R if I was going to get the S6....she also says dumb poo poo like "You should pay off the house before you buy stupid cars."

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Buy a Smart car and drop a Hayabusa motor in it.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

FileNotFound posted:

I legit want to get there - but my wife won't let me. She made me sell my ZX-14R if I was going to get the S6....she also says dumb poo poo like "You should pay off the house before you buy stupid cars."

My wife does that too, but only until I buy whatever I'm looking at, and then she falls in love with it and wants to drive it all the time. The XRS is her daily, she loves it.

She also used to ride motorbikes with me, but we don't have the time anymore and decided to stick to mountain biking for now.

Hang in there man, you'll get there one day :)

edit: I think 5 cars is probably our limit, but only because that's the number of parking spots we reasonably have at our house. If we can swing getting a ranch somewhere eventually, she's down to have "a whole field of cars"

wilfredmerriweathr fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 15, 2020

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

RandomFerret posted:

First gen or second?

They're all the same 2008-2014. You're probably thinking of the much cooler xB.

This is not mine, but exactly like it:

It has 220k miles and other than oil, tires, a water pump and door lock actuators (15min job) it just keeps going. My wife bought it new to commute to college and once it was paid off, we kept it and sold my Focus SVT which was infinitely more fun, but probably would have been dead by now and would have been a pain with car seats.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Ur Jeep loving owns, my friend.

Thanks!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

FileNotFound posted:

my wife won't let me. She made me sell my ZX-14R

:stare:

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Hopefully he can get an hz2 one day :getin:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Same. I bought my Daytona the same summer I met my first wife. Guess which one is still around 20yrs later?

Professor Spatula
Apr 16, 2007

Charles posted:

Are you the guy that crossed over into the oncoming lane to go around traffic. I honked at you.

I kind of feel bad firing it up at 6:30 in the morning tbh

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

In all seriousness, it was the right call as my 2 herniated disks weren't agreeing with the bike anyway but I being an idiot kept riding it. At 6'6" there aren't really other bikes that appeal to me and mange to be even remotely comfortable. She's been overall super supportive of the bike and rode on the back and never gave me poo poo for riding or the level of hooliganism....

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Sir Not Appearing posted:

They're all the same 2008-2014. You're probably thinking of the much cooler xB.

You're right, I was thinking of the cool one. I apologize, and I wish you and your Toyota Yaris well.

naem
May 29, 2011

RandomFerret posted:

You're right, I was thinking of the cool one. I apologize, and I wish you and your Toyota Yaris well.

https://youtu.be/YNu_jEOcYTE

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
My other ride is your mom

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
‘96 mx5 and a ‘13 g37x

The g37x looks kinda boring on the outside, but it’s got AWD and Skyline guts, and a luxury interior. guzzles premium like a motherfucker though.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

The Management posted:

My other ride is your mom

ok smart guy what is your first ride then

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Laslow posted:

‘96 mx5 and a ‘13 g37x

The g37x looks kinda boring on the outside, but it’s got AWD and Skyline guts, and a luxury interior. guzzles premium like a motherfucker though.

I had a 06 G35 coupe for 5 years and I loving loved it. My dad insisted on buying it from me when I decided to become a grown up and buy a 4-door.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

a mazda 6 grand touring reserve in that weird metallic brown/gray color

it's nicer than any merc or bmw i drove (in my price range)

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
2008 Grand Marquis de Sade.

I'm still getting used to the nipple clamps on the seatbelt.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

big trivia FAIL posted:

a mazda 6 grand touring reserve in that weird metallic brown/gray color

it's nicer than any merc or bmw i drove (in my price range)

How’s the Mazda Turbo? I haven’t driven anything with it yet. They’re putting it in the AWD 3 hatch for 2021 and I’m real interested.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

MakaVillian posted:

I had a 06 G35 coupe for 5 years and I loving loved it. My dad insisted on buying it from me when I decided to become a grown up and buy a 4-door.

These were zippy cars. This one time on private road/closed course/it was a holiday anyway I got the four door up to 153 mph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Mazda Turbo ... AWD 3 hatch for 2021

I'm intrigued