Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Hi I have cop results that I’m going to put out but before I do that has anyone else been contacted by some sort of sensation of horror at night telling them to be afraid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Spoonsy posted:

Hi I have cop results that I’m going to put out but before I do that has anyone else been contacted by some sort of sensation of horror at night telling them to be afraid?

I have not

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Nope, but who wants to do a mini game? Santa found the best present.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Spoonsy posted:

I mean there was a bat in my bedroom irl last night but other than that, no

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Cool. I was told that something is coming for me. So that’s really fun

Anyway one of my bag of tricks is I get to be an Ecco Cop. I get “not night witch” as a result of one or more of the three names I submit isn’t night witch aligned. I got Not Night Witch for merk, Hal, and beet.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

SolusLunes posted:

I mean there was a bat in my bedroom irl last night but other than that, no

Also it turns out I have an adorable cat named Pepper!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Spoonsy posted:

Anyway one of my bag of tricks is I get to be an Ecco Cop. I get “not night witch” as a result of one or more of the three names I submit isn’t night witch aligned. I got Not Night Witch for merk, Hal, and beet.

Ominous!

Out of the three of those, I'd guess Hal?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Spoonsy posted:

Also it turns out I have an adorable cat named Pepper!

cats good

pretty sure my cats murdered the bat this morning but I haven't found the body

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Oh, by the way, person that I inducted into the nk masonry, please keep it on the down low for now, I have questions

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

like DGK why did you submit taste, the claimed cop, again

why are you denying that you're submitting names

are you afraid of getting copped, friend

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

SolusLunes posted:

like DGK why did you submit taste, the claimed cop, again

why are you denying that you're submitting names

are you afraid of getting copped, friend

Why would I, again, do that?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Especially if you claimed you wouldn't get a vote to kill, why would I? If you opted to kill Yuming, why would I? If I have claimed several times I only got to submit a name D1, why would I?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

DGK2000 posted:

Especially if you claimed you wouldn't get a vote to kill, why would I? If you opted to kill Yuming, why would I? If I have claimed several times I only got to submit a name D1, why would I?

1. because it's a day action that costs you nothing to do, or it's mandatory
2. this is why you only submitted one name, so I can't pick someone else, and I've publicly doubted taste anyway, so if I was wrong and I could do a murder, I might murder taste for you
3. because you're trying to distance yourself from killing the cop

I still don't believe for a moment that you're not the one submitting names.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Spoonsy posted:

anyone else been contacted by some sort of sensation of horror at night telling them to be afraid?
Nope

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

SolusLunes posted:

1. because it's a day action that costs you nothing to do, or it's mandatory
2. this is why you only submitted one name, so I can't pick someone else, and I've publicly doubted taste anyway, so if I was wrong and I could do a murder, I might murder taste for you
3. because you're trying to distance yourself from killing the cop

I still don't believe for a moment that you're not the one submitting names.

You know taste is alive right or did you not read the flip

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Solus, anything you make out of Tokes not having a coin but rather having that image carved under her desk?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

DGK2000 posted:

You know taste is alive right or did you not read the flip

Yes, I'm saying you attempted to get me to kill taste and distanced yourself from it in case that happened

c'mon man it's not hard

##vote dgk

Sub Rosa posted:

Solus, anything you make out of Tokes not having a coin but rather having that image carved under her desk?

Pretty sure I'm collecting the coins after the fact so I can give them out later, but I don't think it makes any mechanical difference

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

SolusLunes posted:

Yes, I'm saying you attempted to get me to kill taste and distanced yourself from it in case that happened

c'mon man it's not hard

##vote dgk

Pretty sure I'm collecting the coins after the fact so I can give them out later, but I don't think it makes any mechanical difference

##vote Solus omgus and Im literally not going to vote anyone else until you play the game.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I visited NGO last night and they are telling the truth about being a bodyguard. Obv not a confirmation on alignment but scum bodyguard seems far-fetched.

Also after finally not targeting vanilla I confirmed I ~can~ use it in conjunction for one night. I have a bodyguard for tonight.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

DGK2000 posted:

##vote Solus omgus and Im literally not going to vote anyone else until you play the game.

"you're not casing me right so I'm taking my ball and going home" :hmmyes:

who scum, dgk, or are you just gonna sit on this omgus

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I visited NGO last night and they are telling the truth about being a bodyguard. Obv not a confirmation on alignment but scum bodyguard seems far-fetched.

Also after finally not targeting vanilla I confirmed I ~can~ use it in conjunction for one night. I have a bodyguard for tonight.

Did this stop NGO using it either last night or coming night?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

SolusLunes posted:

You were one of the three people voting merk yesterday, so I figured you might be that person.

You only got to submit one name?

Me, in regards to putting merk in on D1. Again, why would I bother claiming that and then just pushing in possible power roles?

SolusLunes posted:

"you're not casing me right so I'm taking my ball and going home" :hmmyes:

who scum, dgk, or are you just gonna sit on this omgus

If you read the game you would know

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

She is acting weird. It would help analyze d1. I could be convinced.

merk posted:

##vote tokes

Took merk a lot of convincing

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

SolusLunes posted:

if I was wrong and I could do a murder
Were you wrong?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Spoonsy posted:

Assuming Spoonsy is telling the truth here .. (btw he's still getting the most information whether right or wrong in this game by far somehow which is weird):

Hal and beet have both been a bit lurky so I could see it being a thing, I remember people beating the drum on scum being someone really lurky.. (but now that I see post counts HOLY poo poo hambeet has a lot). where the gently caress are those posts going

merk has been merk and he posts the same regardless of his alignment but the thing I've liked least about him is his "make cases" campaign which is devoid of himself making any cases

Sub Rosa posted:

Did this stop NGO using it either last night or coming night?

No, I don't think so. I wasn't given flavor that it affected their role in all 3 messages but I couldn't confirm that until now since I hit a non-vanilla. I also don't think it gives flavor to anybody who I've targeted. You can ask Solus or NGO but I don't think they've gotten anything?

I'm a rolecop/role mimicker. And seeing that there seems to be a role-blocker (according to Spoonsy), a doctor (dead), and a bodyguard (confirmed) any other sort of blocking would seem overboard at this point.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Very intriguing, I tracked you going nowhere

##vote DBD

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote DBD

Very intriguing, a 3rd tracker

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote DBD

... you get named on an Ecco List and now claim to track me with a Night Witch tracker dead in Humalong

##vote Hal

What is this play

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

DGK2000 posted:

I don't think Hal has been active enough to notice or something.

Also if I went nowhere there's no reason to lie about targeting someone I didn't?

I'm the scary vanilla you feared

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Well, I still don't think pera killed Jen X, and DBD was at the scene. But Hal I've thought has been a scummy lurker all game and he is on the eccocop list.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sub Rosa posted:

Well, I still don't think pera killed Jen X, and DBD was at the scene. But Hal I've thought has been a scummy lurker all game and he is on the eccocop list.

Keep in mind I'm convinced there is a re-director out there. I visited Tokes N1, Solus N2 and NGO N3 as my night action choices and confirmed their roles (obviously NGO was out there claimed but I can confirm theirs). I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility Hal is telling the truth about tracking but I did go somewhere last night. There's no reason not to use my power.

There's also a way higher than usual amount of tracking this game with fits in my theory of either a re-director or some weird role that can mess with results.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

No one else has suggested being redirected yet, though, and being redirected to nowhere seems weird, especially if you are saying your result confirms NGO's claim.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I guess you are trying to say it was Hal that was redirected.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sub Rosa posted:

I guess you are trying to say it was Hal that was redirected.

Right. People who are re-directed don't get told they were re-directed (me N1). Which is why when Spoonsy said they saw me at Jen's I knew something was wrong independent of what Pera/Taste said about visiting Jen. If you don't think pera killed Jen then it's either Spoonsy or Taste (which I've also said).

This is why night results this game are important but I'm trying not to follow 100% because there's obviously people that can gently caress with things. There's way too much going on.

But yeah, I can believe Hal being re-directed but that doesn't clear him either because of the Ecco Cop stuff. So he either got re-directed or he's lying.

Me going nowhere makes sense either when I'm confirmed I do visit people.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
No sense**

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DGK2000 posted:

Actually a second JOAT

N1 gunsmith sandwolf, cannot kill
N2 hide

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would be a very odd choice to redirect

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Hal Incandenza posted:

I would be a very odd choice to redirect

Playing an odds game is the only way I am convinced that you aren't scum though. I know I went somewhere, it's been confirmed I have an active role.

(This is sort of funny because I've never had to argue that I DO have a power, usually it's trying to convince people I don't)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Hal Incandenza posted:

Actually a second JOAT

N1 gunsmith sandwolf, cannot kill
N2 hide

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004