Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Mythical Moderate posted:

Where is that setting?

It's within the Adobe SW portal where login to your web account that you use to manage your software. I have a standalone license and go in there to get the serial number, but I think all of the newfangled cloud software is managed through the same site. I may not have found it but the installer has a hyperlink and suggests you "review our privacy settings before continuing" and yes, I definitely needed to review them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

What aboiut a graveyard

Nah. They'll find a way to gently caress that up, too. Just mulch them and spread them around Silicon Valley office plants.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Milo and POTUS posted:

What aboiut a graveyard

Not even. They'll find some way to try and make money off it, while somehow simultaneously making it worse.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

By burying your loved ones in our new eco friendly, Bluetooth enabled 'Reapr' pods, you agree to allow Reapr LLC all broadcast, streaming and public viewing rights to the decomposition and any and all materials produced in the process

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Are they suggesting that I punch my tablet to bits? And that the only thing that's stopped me is that my hands are too soft? If that's so: sure I'm in.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I extra loving hate that poo poo because it's not even tracking your fingers like a normal keyboard, you have to learn their dumbass style of typing to use their dipshitted $100+ piece of garbage instead of a $10 keyboard that works like every other keyboard

if it tracked your finger movements and let you type normally I'd buy that in a heartbeat but we got the shittiest cyberpunk dystopia

e: the article writer is about as fuckin moronic as the product creators so at least that all matches up

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Tulip posted:

Are they suggesting that I punch my tablet to bits? And that the only thing that's stopped me is that my hands are too soft? If that's so: sure I'm in.

I have no idea but it sure sounds that way. the comments were equally confused.

e- oh is that what it does?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

bike tory posted:

What in the actual gently caress are they thinking

funniest thing about this is they’re basically telling everyone their actual test adds nothing of value, schools could roll their own braindead AI and skip the middleman completely

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

funniest thing about this is they’re basically telling everyone their actual test adds nothing of value, schools could roll their own braindead AI and skip the middleman completely
At this point, why even have the kids bother going to classes? Just have the AI tell them what grades they get, what college they get into, etc.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Thanatosian posted:

At this point, why even have the kids bother going to classes? Just have the AI tell them what grades they get, what college they get into, etc.

What the gently caress dude, don't give them ideas.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/surgeon-remotely-operates-on-a-cadaver-from-15-kilometers-away/

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Editorial note: The cadaver did not enter the operation as a cadaver. While the operation was originally for another purpose, it was changed mid-procedure.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Tired of having to store cadavers around for days before your students practice surgeries? Tire no more! our new B&W Fresh app, takes a game changing Gig Economy approach to providing you with only the freshest of cadavers for exactly when you need them!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

https://i.imgur.com/gcxtX8M.mp4

This seems cool at first, but it's actually lovely because the app that reprograms the lights only worked once with my phone and now just crashes before I can change it.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Peanut President posted:

I get to be real loving smug with this too. I lived in the middle of nowhere and now I live in a city with drat good transit.

edit: I did try to use it once but the only place it would drop me off was at a gas station 2 and a half miles from my house, I don't get how people swear by that poo poo.

honestly at this point it's out of pure old man stubbornness, im not downloading a loving app to call a taxi gently caress you tech companies

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fifteen kilometres?

The surgeon could loving walk there.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Platystemon posted:

Fifteen kilometres?

The surgeon could loving walk there.

We're almost 20 years past doing telesurgery at 6000km.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Thanatosian posted:

hmm, this could work, but make sure the AI knows how much the kids' parents donated to the schools the last fundraising cycle

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Tulip posted:

But now it can be achieved with inferior tools!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ruffian Price posted:

But now it can be achieved with inferior tools!

Proprietary inferior tools owned by the sponsor of that article!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/katiejoyofosho/status/1283096431973277697

It’s not as good as that Portland strip club, but it’s something.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That Portland strip club had absolutely insane aesthetics and I'm glad I got to see it before I die which is hopefully soon

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I don't think I've seen that, repost someone?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

dex_sda posted:

I don't think I've seen that, repost someone?

Here you go. Potential :nws: warning and all.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Inceltown posted:

Here you go. Potential :nws: warning and all.

Thanks, that's genuinely incredible but also mad depressing

mystes
May 31, 2006

Thanatosian posted:

Just have the AI assign jobs at birth and you don't need schools or college at all.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

mystes posted:

Just have the AI assign jobs at birth and you don't need schools or college at all.

We can call that AI “Miranda”.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

redleader posted:

things gettin real lovely cyberpunk for gen z

https://twitter.com/hlntnr/status/1282768666547965954

it feels weird to live in an issac asimov short story

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 243 days!

Rutibex posted:

it feels weird to live in an issac asimov short story

complete with everyone just ignoring multivac and admitting who they want to, probably

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Hodgepodge posted:

complete with everyone just ignoring multivac and admitting who they want to, probably

ivy league admissions clerk in 20 years
"COMPUTER give me the top students in america"
scrolling
scrolling
scrolling
scrolling
"Ok....COMPUTER give me the top *white* students in america"

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/bintangwirayasa/status/1282954528120176641?s=19

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1283407840561037312?s=20

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

worse than any cyberpunk novel

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Tulip posted:

no you misunderstood. once 5g was invented it went skynet and has been disallowing distance surgery (among other things) until the world leaders relinquish social control to it. Guess it's been making headway in negotiations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

redleader posted:

things gettin real lovely cyberpunk for gen z

https://twitter.com/hlntnr/status/1282768666547965954

The future is like gattaca, but stupider.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status/1283428157547323392?s=21

lmao this owns

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

every other random esports channel asks for your info for a raffle, why not the army!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The IB are going to the Isaac Asimov playbook while the military are going to the Orson Scott Card playbook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Billy gets hacked and this is the best idea they had

https://twitter.com/BillGates/status/1283500266743111680