Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Does anyone trade art? Redd is such a bad mechanic, I can't believe he wasn't changed in play testing. It seems that buying any real art that shows up would be beneficial for others, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
Does anybody have a gold toilet DIY they can spare? I'll happily trade NMTs/bells/gold/whatever

ruinous orchid
Jun 30, 2020

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i hate this since i want to get every bug and fish statue in the game but at this rate it'll take literal years. i hope they change it.

honestly, the only way to do it within a reasonable amount of time is to make extra accounts on your Switch and then create new island residents. i have two on my island for storage. it's also handy if Redd ever has multiple real paintings, or farming Celeste/Gulliver/Gullivarr. Flick and CJ will make a model for each person on the island.

they can technically stay in tents forever, or you can stash them in the back of your island or something. the only thing to look out for is that the game loads slower if you start hitting the island resident limit (8 residents).

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Does anyone trade art? Redd is such a bad mechanic, I can't believe he wasn't changed in play testing. It seems that buying any real art that shows up would be beneficial for others, too.

I have a duplicate authentic Scary Painting I could trade for something else.

ruinous orchid
Jun 30, 2020
the NPC schedule was changed in the last patch so the longest you should go without seeing any NPC is 2 weeks. https://yuexr.github.io/img/npcskd.png

whoops, don't know why the image was so large - turned it into a normal link.

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!

Waltzing Along posted:

I have a spare Glowing Painting I could trade...

But I’m REAAALLLY looking for anyone with an island that I can catch Stringfish in. I’ve got 50+ bait ready to roll

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I gifted Fang a detective coat today and it's awesome. All he needs is the matching hat! Now to find the right kind of orange sweater for Velma.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
She has 5 paintings she can trade. No statues, unfortunately, I think.

Starry Night
Academic
Wistful Painting
Mysterious
Sinking

If you need any and have ones you can trade, please list them. Thanks.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

She has 5 paintings she can trade. No statues, unfortunately, I think.

Starry Night
Academic
Wistful Painting
Mysterious
Sinking

If you need any and have ones you can trade, please list them. Thanks.

If you need Scary Painting I can do that for Starry Night, I'd love a Van Gogh.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Come on down to Sharkfarts, and have yourself a time!

Flick is visiting for all your entomological needs, and the Ables are selling a tuna sushi costume for all your tuna sushi costume needs. Turnips are at 53 bells, don't bother.

It's Jay's birthday, and Blanche is making a cosmos shower. They're right next door to each other on the island across the wooden bridge, so no reason not to say hi!

I'll be AFK for most of the day while working, but you can come into my house and do circles around me if you feel like it.

I don't need or want anything but if you leave me a funny message, I'll be super happy.

Dodo: CLOSED

E: free DIYs by the parking cone in front of Nook's. Take any fruit, flowers, etc. but please don't take my two purple hyacinths if you run across my organic flower breeding experiment patch.

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jul 17, 2020

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Farten Barfen posted:

Does anybody have a gold toilet DIY they can spare? I'll happily trade NMTs/bells/gold/whatever

I have one that I can give you for free. Hit me with a Dodo code.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Thank you to whoever left me a bunch of DIYs at the Sharing Cone!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Huh, today I learned you can straight up throw away money in game. With all the other weird restrictions I would've guessed it'd be impossible.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

PacoTheThird posted:

Does anybody happen to have a spare recipe card for the wooden bookshelf? I thought I knew how to make it but I apparently don't, and I wanna build a library.

The stacked books recipe would be great as well. TIA, goons :shobon:

Long shot, but if you happen to be online one of my villagers is crafting a library wall! SW-5608-5923-4591

spinst fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 17, 2020

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I've finally decided on a long-term development plan for my island. I moved all the buildings to a pretty well-defined city grid near the airport, flanked by two rivers and a cliff, but I didn't have any exciting ideas for the rest of the island. I made a couple of realistic beach areas, and I moved all the flowers to a top level cliff that kinda looks like a tulip farm, but that's it. That was a month ago, and I still haven't thought of anything amazing. So, why not make it intentionally a little wild? Roads won't work for that, but overgrown garden paths might, with stepping stones intermingled with grass. That being said, I don't want to go too extreme; I don't want to have to download a gazillion custom tiles, nor do I want to have to redo the whole thing because the season changed.

So, with all this being said: does anyone know of an attractive, low-maintenance stepping-stone style road set?

PacoTheThird
Oct 23, 2008

spinst posted:

Long shot, but if you happen to be online one of my villagers is crafting a library wall! SW-5608-5923-4591

Argh, oh nooooo! I'm stuck at work for a few more hours. Thank you for the heads up though, I appreciate it.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Bob Socko posted:

I've finally decided on a long-term development plan for my island. I moved all the buildings to a pretty well-defined city grid near the airport, flanked by two rivers and a cliff, but I didn't have any exciting ideas for the rest of the island. I made a couple of realistic beach areas, and I moved all the flowers to a top level cliff that kinda looks like a tulip farm, but that's it. That was a month ago, and I still haven't thought of anything amazing. So, why not make it intentionally a little wild? Roads won't work for that, but overgrown garden paths might, with stepping stones intermingled with grass. That being said, I don't want to go too extreme; I don't want to have to download a gazillion custom tiles, nor do I want to have to redo the whole thing because the season changed.

So, with all this being said: does anyone know of an attractive, low-maintenance stepping-stone style road set?

I use the in game stone via construction set. You can make it look a little more natural by 1) making a square 2) rounding off a corner 3) erasing the rest of it. Makes the stone angled and only a partial stone so doesnt look same-y.

I can open up my town and afk when i get home in like 15-30mins if you want to see what i mean and/or get some design ideas that dont req time travelling.

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

Zuzie posted:

I have one that I can give you for free. Hit me with a Dodo code.

Awesome! Gates are open at FPV6T. Feel free to take whatever diys you want from the beach next to the airport!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

The Sean posted:

I use the in game stone via construction set. You can make it look a little more natural by 1) making a square 2) rounding off a corner 3) erasing the rest of it. Makes the stone angled and only a partial stone so doesnt look same-y.

I can open up my town and afk when i get home in like 15-30mins if you want to see what i mean and/or get some design ideas that dont req time travelling.
It's all good, I get what you're saying. I like the idea, and it would let me play around with how it looks without destroying all of my existing roads. Thanks!

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Farten Barfen posted:

Awesome! Gates are open at FPV6T. Feel free to take whatever diys you want from the beach next to the airport!

And delivered!

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Bob Socko posted:

It's all good, I get what you're saying. I like the idea, and it would let me play around with how it looks without destroying all of my existing roads. Thanks!

That's also how I've been doing my stepping stones.

On another note, if any of you are collecting pigs for whatever reason, I have Pancetti in boxes today. She's got a nice kitchen, but is otherwise unremarkable. Quote this and I'll open the gates.

Edit: God drat! I have Merengue in the tent and she'll only pick Pancetti to replace, which of course means I wasted my 15 day timer since I already told her to move out yesterday.

War Wizard fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 17, 2020

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

Zuzie posted:

And delivered!

Thank you so much! My ridiculous gold room now has its most cherished prize!

Edit: I have now learned of the existence of the golden casket and now have a new life goal.

Edit 2: nevermind I somehow just dropped it on my island today. I'm incredibly lucky.

Farten Barfen fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jul 18, 2020

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Anyone have Leif today? I need some shrubbery.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Whoof...well into my war against the flower menace. Thanks to the folks who mentioned toting a garbage can around, it makes getting rid of them at least doable. I just wish I'd thought to focus on path construction first, rather than clearing the massive flower forests out before putting in walkways. They make the island way more attractive, and help keep the flowers in manageable patches, it's a win-win.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

spinst posted:

Anyone have Leif today? I need some shrubbery.

i've got a bunch sitting in my inventory unused that i could get rid of but i wont be around for a few hours if you don't mind waiting

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Sure! You can PM me whenever you're around.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I haven't really done a whole lot with my island w/r/t landscaping or whatever but I just wanted to say somewhere that I finalized my villager roster and I'm quite pleased with it

I've got Cranston, Roald, Zell, Deirdre, Coco, Ankha, Bangle, Cherry, Tipper, and Gonzo, and there's not a single one I would get rid of :)

Deirdre is still in a sleeping-bag house, which makes me feel guilty, but she seems ok with it, and Cranston is still in a dirt-floor house but I actually think it suits him better than his normal house would (he's always talking about the bugs in his floor and stuff)

Honestly after doing that and setting up my house all nice (I have a bedroom, a palatial bathroom, a study, a rooftop patio, a MANCAVE, and a generic Main Room) the only major room I have left for projects is landscaping my outdoor space a little more, I just have very little idea what I should do with it

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I am opening my town while I go afk for a while. I am very proud of my town and house so far. It's a relaxing resort town with a nice hotel and restaurant, bamboo and pine forests with winding trails, relaxing eating and date spots, boardgaming, dance club, bongs, drinks, and more. I also have a large focus on music so depending on where you go I've got ambient sound to embolden the mood. Important (to me) to note: I haven't time travelled at all, but someone gifted me some shrooms.

Leave a nice or mean comment if you want.

Dodo Code: MDWM4

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

The Sean posted:

I am opening my town while I go afk for a while. I am very proud of my town and house so far. It's a relaxing resort town with a nice hotel and restaurant, bamboo and pine forests with winding trails, relaxing eating and date spots, boardgaming, dance club, bongs, drinks, and more. I also have a large focus on music so depending on where you go I've got ambient sound to embolden the mood. Important (to me) to note: I haven't time travelled at all, but someone gifted me some shrooms.

I took some pics of your bar area for inspiration!

--

This hits extra as I'm in quarantine waiting for Covid test results. At least I know who to blame! lmao

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

The Sean posted:

Place is loving sweet, nice work.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Place is loving sweet, nice work.

spinst posted:

I took some pics of your bar area for inspiration!

Thanks for visiting and also the feedback.

Spinst: The tables I use for my bar are Lecture-Hall Desks. I tried a ton of options but what I like about these is that they actually connect together without gaps so you can imply that there is a large deliberate structure. Blender is margarita, fruit infused water is cocktails.

I'll be playing for a bit and then keeping it open in case anyone sees this a while after I posted.

edit: nvm. home internet went out. I might open up again later.

edit2: Closed Again

vvvvvvv: I can give you one, if you want

The Sean fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 18, 2020

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Thanks for the info - I'll keep an eye out for one to buy!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

spinst posted:

Sure! You can PM me whenever you're around.

sorry i got back way later than i thought i would! if yer still about I can drop them off to you?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

e: closed

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jul 19, 2020

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
JUST TAKE THE WETSUIT OFF AUTOMATICALLY FOR ME. WHY DO I HAVE TO MANUALLY DO IT TO USE THE FITTING ROOM. WHY DO I HAVE TO DO IT AT ALL

Also christ the daily scallop swim is so tedious and awful. Let me swim faster gently caress

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

If my first scallop of the day is a dud I just give up.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

If you dont enjoy it then consider not doing it.

Personally, I enjoy doing it randomly while taking breaks from designing. I dont shoot for any goal other than "am I having fun right now."

The Sean fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 19, 2020

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Macaluso posted:

JUST TAKE THE WETSUIT OFF AUTOMATICALLY FOR ME. WHY DO I HAVE TO MANUALLY DO IT TO USE THE FITTING ROOM. WHY DO I HAVE TO DO IT AT ALL

Also christ the daily scallop swim is so tedious and awful. Let me swim faster gently caress

Yeah for real. She can automatically unequip the Island Designer App so why not the wet suit? Why not A loving WAND OUTFIT?! It's so dumb.

And while I'm ranting at the Abel Sisters: FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY, MABEL, PLEASE INSTALL A CART FUNCTION INTO YOUR FITTING ROOM! You would make even MORE disgusting amounts of money off of me than you do already!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Isabelle, I love you, but I've developed a visceral hatred of the word "prattling"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

"Oh hey, did you want to fill in that big hole in the ground that you just dug, or pluck the flowers next to it? I'm just going to assume you wanted the flowers."

This game.