Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cody vs Sonny 12 14.46%
FTR vs Lucha Bros 28 33.73%
Elite vs Dinosaurs 33 39.76%
Cage vs Mox 10 12.05%
Total: 83 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

nyla isn't best friends with salina de la renta backstage

This is my fantasy where only interesting or entertaining people are on TV and people who I'm not excited to watch every week aren't on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/youngbucks/status/1283991077993754632

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MorningMoon posted:

Did y'all really talk about ratings and demos without posting the shirt??

https://twitter.com/ShopAEW/status/1283837997830504448

I swear to god they came up with the shirt and the graphic, then worked backwards from there to make the segment.

Imagine how insufferably smug Jericho is going to be now that they won big in the ratings the same week he did this segment.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
FTR v Cowboy Bebop is the build and in the match Kenny is going to turn on Hangman and it will be awesome. And from there it can be the build to main event Kenny as the head of the new Horsemen. And main event Hangman on the warpath.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1284010112953221127

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Young Bucks vs B&B should be a fun brawl

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Next up: NXT loses to Antiques Roadshow

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

disturbing to me that fenix has an actual human face. this does not shake my belief that pentagon is skeletons all the way down

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ratings talk on TV is some WCW poo poo. You hate to see it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Gonz posted:

Next up: NXT loses to Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow is fire.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I just realized re-watching the bit that Ortiz selling for the orange juice could be considered a callback to Ortiz can't swim and I love Ortiz even more.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ratings talk on TV is some WCW poo poo. You hate to see it.
This is a good way to put it, yeah. I do prefer demo god vs sex god though, all things considered.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

AEW is gonna end up beating WWE by way of attrition lmao.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Lid posted:

Antiques Roadshow is fire.

It sure as hell is! I saw an episode last weekend where they revisited one from 2001 to show if any of the items appraised had depreciated or appreciated in value in recent times.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Gonz posted:

It sure as hell is! I saw an episode last weekend where they revisited one from 2001 to show if any of the items appraised had depreciated or appreciated in value in recent times.

Well dont leave us hanging

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i am afflicted with a kind of aphasia wherein i cannot distinguish between Antiques Road Trip and Bargain Hunt

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

me and nine numb are American Pickers

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Lid posted:

Well dont leave us hanging

Probably 80% of the stuff was dramatically less valuable in modern times.

One lady’s piece of furniture had gone from $150,000 to $75,000.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Jesus Christ

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

"abloobloo grandpa's medals have such sentimental value" you know why you came here. don't make it weird

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

One guy had a bunch of turn of the century Parisian postcards (a full set of 266) and they told him it was worth 30 grand and his face looked like he just stared into the Sun.

It was exhilarating.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSs3mU2zg-8

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

oh but seriously I posted:

i am afflicted with a kind of aphasia wherein i cannot distinguish between Antiques Road Trip and Bargain Hunt
It was always unfair when Bargain Hunt had DIYers fully sand and finish/paint old cabinets and poo poo. That is not the game! <:mad:>

Even if the sampling is terrible and inaccurate for the smaller demos the NXT number is dreadful after 2 of their strongest cards in the ~9 month run.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It was always unfair when Bargain Hunt had DIYers fully sand and finish/paint old cabinets and poo poo. That is not the game! <:mad:>

i don't think thats bargain hunt, i think thats one of the 9,000 shows about upcycling

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I wish Jericho was either much less of a shithead, or much less entertaining a performer, because I dislike how much I enjoy him on Dynamite these days

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

actually that could be Antiques Road Trip

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The superior show is now and always will be Lake Dredge Appraisal, particularly the final episode.

Hell yeah, this is gonna rule.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Gotta say that Butcher & Blade have really shot up on my personal fave list recently. They've done some extremely solid work these past few weeks.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Butcher rules because he looks like the Toughest Dad in a broad collection of Dads. And Blade rules because he's Toughest Dad's husband.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

The superior show is now and always will be Lake Dredge Appraisal, particularly the final episode.

This is not Sex House :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Gotta say that Butcher & Blade have really shot up on my personal fave list recently. They've done some extremely solid work these past few weeks.

Seriously, I was one of those who scoffed at their bad introduction. I dug the little vignette they did where MJF came and hired their services, but then they just of seemed to be milling around. But now having them be the rear end in a top hat jerks who constantly get in the way of The Young Bucks and FTR has been fantastic.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I really hope this Allie/QT storyline is leading back to the Butcher and the Blade at some point cause it's just not the same if they're not a kinky polycule :sigh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I still laugh thinking about whoever it was who posted that there should be a vignette or JR and Tony visiting the Butcher Shop to pay off B&B to put a hit on Britt Baker :allears:

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

Spiderdrake posted:

I just realized re-watching the bit that Ortiz selling for the orange juice could be considered a callback to Ortiz can't swim and I love Ortiz even more.

I caught this too. I respect the hell out of Ortiz's character work -- he goes out of his way to capitalize on any bit he's in and embellish it with his own style. The dude is quick on his feet with quips and physical comedy; he pretty much never fails to crack me up!

E: During the OJ bit you really had both sides of the screen presence/character work spectrum: Hager stood there leering like an idiot, not knowing what to do with his hands, while Ortiz takes a drat bump off the orange juice.

Lanky_Nibz fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jul 17, 2020

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

This is not Sex House :colbert:

I can't hear the words "Sex House" without imagining the feminine tweak and the exclamation point at the end.

Welp. Time for a rewatch. I love shows with uplifting endings!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Lanky_Nibz posted:

I caught this too. I respect the hell out of Ortiz's character work -- he goes out of his way to capitalize on any bit he's in and embellish it with his own style. The dude is quick on his feet with quips and physical comedy; he pretty much never fails to crack me up!

E: During the OJ bit you really had both sides of the screen presence/character work spectrum: Hager stood there leering like an idiot, not knowing what to do with his hands, while Ortiz takes a drat bump off the orange juice.

He also grabs on to either Jericho or Santana's leg a few times trying to pull himself out of the liquid in which he cannot swim. It's top-tier commitment.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Yeah, and he almost makes it up to his feet once or twice, but slaps down HARD. All while Jericho is screaming, "Get up you idiot!"

Good poo poo.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Spiderdrake posted:

This is a good way to put it, yeah. I do prefer demo god vs sex god though, all things considered.

i'm 99% sure he's straight up doing the Little John bit from Men In Tights and it's amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OsRePNS4pk&t=91s

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CobiWann posted:

I can't hear the words "Sex House" without imagining the feminine tweak and the exclamation point at the end.

Welp. Time for a rewatch. I love shows with uplifting endings!

Cloudy drink kills frog :smith:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They should combine Antiques Roadshow with Floor Is Lava. Desperate seniors try to save an 18th century hutch from falling into a pool of water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1284033508793622528?s=20

It’s pretty funny that NXT has a newly crowned double champion but Jericho has created the Demo God and now it’s completely dominating the conversation amongst people who love or hate AEW.