Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

CapnAndy posted:

First things first: would anyone like to assert that they are town and do not have a dayvig?

Going through the player list, I feel like almost everyone has either claimed/softclaimed/implied they had a dayvig in context (like, if Hal or Epsilon said they were town and didn't have a dayvig after the linked post, it would give me pause).

I think the only people who can realistically claim not to have a vig as town at this point are tpink and the three people who haven't really said anything yet (Dead Cow, Mr. Humalong, yuming). (Preview edit - hi yuming! When you catch up let us know if you have a dayvig too)

Spoonsy posted:

I mean unless I'm shot before I do it, I intend on shooting someone before hammer today. Because normal keep your powder dry vig rules seem to not apply here.

Is this for like chaos reigns purposes or for Andy's plan, and do you have a planned target?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
I like the everyone shoot everyone idea

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I’m town and have a vig.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Dead Cow posted:

I like the everyone shoot everyone idea

That’s bad.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I mean, I think the correct thing to do today is wait for the flip, see what information we get. However from just finishing up Sealab mafia, the idea of everyone shooting each other sounds like a good time

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

cheese sandwich (1): Mr. Steak, CapnAndy, Epsilon Plus, Mr. Steak, CapnAndy
Mr. Steak (1): cheese sandwich
tpink (1): Power of Pecota

Not Voting (9): CapnAndy, Dead Cow, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, Retro Futurist, Spoonsy, tpink, yuming

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 18th, 2020 at 8:04 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##GUSH Mr. Steak

I no longer have a vig.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Well on the bright side, if we do my plan, now we only need two more people to do it?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The bright side is I just got rid of a scum team member

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. Humalong posted:

##GUSH Mr. Steak

I no longer have a vig.

OH NO MR STEAK IS DEAD

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Humalong posted:

The bright side is I just got rid of a scum team member

How do you figure.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
This is the wildest D1 I ever played.

:kiddo:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
11 alive, 1 voted out tonight, so maximum 10 alive tomorrow, which means that if the scum has dayvigs too, tomorrow is LYLO -- max 9 alive D3 and the scum would just shoot three times, bringing the total down to 6 and controlling the vote, which means we'd have to start shooting then.

I kinda feel that Plan Let's All Shoot Each Other may be the best strategy. Let's be real, is anyone getting any sort of proper reads here?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

tpink posted:

How do you figure.

Nice distancing attempt.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Humalong posted:

Nice distancing attempt.

Yeah asking for the basis for your opinion is real suss.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

CapnAndy posted:

11 alive, 1 voted out tonight, so maximum 10 alive tomorrow, which means that if the scum has dayvigs too, tomorrow is LYLO -- max 9 alive D3 and the scum would just shoot three times, bringing the total down to 6 and controlling the vote, which means we'd have to start shooting then.

I kinda feel that Plan Let's All Shoot Each Other may be the best strategy. Let's be real, is anyone getting any sort of proper reads here?

This is actually a good case for why scum likely don’t have dayvigs.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

Nope. No real reads to speak of. I guess I could gush cheese? Not positive. Honestly might rng it

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Spoonsy posted:

Nope. No real reads to speak of. I guess I could gush cheese? Not positive. Honestly might rng it
The one thing anyone can absolutely not do is shoot someone who's already used their shot. It blows the whole thing up.

That said -- and I swear to God if anyone draws on cheese or Humalong, I will Gush you right in the goddamn face --

If only town have dayvigs: We use my plan and we win
If everyone has dayvigs: We've basically got to start shooting people and just pray we hit the right ones

If anyone sees any flaws in my logic now would be a REALLY EXCELLENT time to point them out.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
is there a possibility of us not killing like five people today? should we maybe do that so we don't like, immediately somehow hit LYLO tomorrow or something? we could just play Mafia, for example, this

cheese sandwich posted:

Lol you’re trying to case me based on défenses that I haven’t even used, what is this. This is probably worse than steak with how hard you’re bandwagoning

in response to

Epsilon Plus posted:

cheese sandwich posted:

How often is a vig ever useful?

Objectively the best play is to toss it out d1. My reads are poo poo when I’m town anyways, I don’t trust my gut enough and second guess
look at mr. town, townposting like a townposter, and also shooting someone who's barely posted when he also admits that he doesn't trust his gut, so you can't even use the "he felt scummy" defense

##vote cheese sandwich

was a horseshit post. I point out that a. cheese shot someone who had barely posted, meaning when we get that flip we get almost no information from it and b. cheese draws attention to the fact that He's So Town, Towinest Town To Ever Town Townly, I call him on it and cheese's response is "look at this horrible post, look at this horrible poster who's just ~making poo poo up~, look at all the words I'm typing that mean nothing". Blapping someone with no basis D1 and insuring that we get no information from it is Not Town Béhaviouré and rather than try to actually refute it his response is "lol it was funny". come on!

CapnAndy posted:

If only town have dayvigs: We use my plan and we win
If everyone has dayvigs: We've basically got to start shooting people and just pray we hit the right ones

If anyone sees any flaws in my logic now would be a REALLY EXCELLENT time to point them out.

the flaw in your logic is that we're either right, and we win, or we're wrong and the game devolves into a burning clusterfuck (and also we lose). all it takes is one scum with a dayvig. or, like... what if scum are unviggable? so then we just lunch whoever doesn't die. what if there's also unviggable town? there's so much potentially going on under the hood and you want to basically roll the dice. could we at least table plan Kill Everyone Now until tomorrow?

also here's another issue:

Mr. Steak posted:

i have a 1-shot dayvig just like cheese did. i WILL shoot him before the day ends (unless a 3rd vig kills me first). maybe, MAYBE he'll end up posting more townie by then, and i'll let you know if that's the case. but until further notice, consider cheese a guaranteed flip at end of day.

steak's on the line to kill cheese, which you explicitly don't want to happen. do you think cheese is town, or scum? are you willing to put all your ducats on cheese being 100% town because he had a dayvig?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

maybe a better way of putting it is: presuming your plan is correct and we shouldn't shoot cheese, what will you say to convince steak?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Andy, I see where you're coming from and don't see any problems assuming the town has vigs, scum doesn't scenario.

I'd like to see tpink gush someone if we follow that plan - I really can't shake that the reaction immediately after Steak's claim doesn't sound like someone who had a dayvig and just saw another used and a third one claimed.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

maybe a better way of putting it is: presuming your plan is correct and we shouldn't shoot cheese, what will you say to convince steak?

I would say :rip: because he died

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

I mean, even if he was alive, I feel like I've said it?

Anyone who shoots cheese or Humalong is going to die at my hands before the barrel of their Gusher pack has had time to cool.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

Let me worry about convincing Steak.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

god drat I somehow missed the post where steak died, huh?

this definitely isn't embarrassing and my psyche has no need to recover because nothing happened

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Power of Pecota posted:

Andy, I see where you're coming from and don't see any problems assuming the town has vigs, scum doesn't scenario.

I'd like to see tpink gush someone if we follow that plan - I really can't shake that the reaction immediately after Steak's claim doesn't sound like someone who had a dayvig and just saw another used and a third one claimed.

I’ll gush you if it puts your fears to rest, friend :3:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I’m kidding because I don’t actually think he’s scum.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Dead Cow posted:

I mean, I think the correct thing to do today is wait for the flip, see what information we get. However from just finishing up Sealab mafia, the idea of everyone shooting each other sounds like a good time

This post was right before Humalong gushed Steak when the only flip (minus the nightkill) would be sandnavyguy.

Dead Cow, what do you think we could actually take from that other than cheese probably being town if sng flipped scum? Not liking the shift into waiting to do anything until D2 here...

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dead Cow posted:

yeah now that I actually read this, what information could we have gotten? SNG posted about 15 words total, so if they're scum then we.............know they're scum and have nothing connecting them to a teammate. If they're town then we know cheese vigged a town but can't make much of an alignment call off that.

what a weird post to make!

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Since there’s no flip until the day is over, how do we know they’re actually dead? In a game with this many dayvigs, who’s to say there’s no role to counter that?

I didn’t mean we should no lunch, I meant that we shouldn’t just go shooting everyone all at once. I think we should see the flip, and what if sng was scum?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

The OP has SNG and Steak's names blacked out with spoiler tags and "KILLED D1" next to them, I'm pretty sure they're dead. Also

JOHN CENA posted:

flip will be posted when the day ends.

seems pretty definitive - if there's anything that counters a dayvig, it's not in play with either of them unless someone has like a Umineko no Naku Koro ni - inspired reset mechanic in the Gushers minigame

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dead Cow posted:

Since there’s no flip until the day is over, how do we know they’re actually dead? In a game with this many dayvigs, who’s to say there’s no role to counter that?

I didn’t mean we should no lunch, I meant that we shouldn’t just go shooting everyone all at once. I think we should see the flip, and what if sng was scum?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktCvTfFahHE

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Power of Pecota posted:

I think the only people who can realistically claim not to have a vig as town at this point are tpink and the three people who haven't really said anything yet (Dead Cow, Mr. Humalong, yuming). (Preview edit - hi yuming! When you catch up let us know if you have a dayvig too)
Hello!

When I made my last post I hadn’t signed into discord yet.

I am town but do NOT have a dayvig.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Okay I have read The Gushing.

I agree that cheese is scummy for his shot and defense. ##vote cheese

Nothing else stands out like WOW especially since things have happened so fast. Dead Cows wait until flips comment is a bit out of sync with the thread but not in an inherently scummy way imo.

As for the setup, because I am suspicious of cheese I think both scum and town could have vigkill. I have no evidence of protective roles however and without that this is WILD WILD WEST. I don’t see how it balances out but I’m not confident it is meant to.

:sparkles:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

yuming posted:

As for the setup, because I am suspicious of cheese I think both scum and town could have vigkill. I have no evidence of protective roles however and without that this is WILD WILD WEST. I don’t see how it balances out but I’m not confident it is meant to.

From your perspective, either all scum have dayvigs or all scum are bluffing about having them. Which way are you leaning?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Also ##vote Dead Cow I'd rather have my vote here

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

yuming posted:

As for the setup, because I am suspicious of cheese I think both scum and town could have vigkill.

Power of Pecota posted:

From your perspective, either all scum have dayvigs or all scum are bluffing about having them. Which way are you leaning?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I guess what I'm getting at is that there is no "could" from yuming's perspective unless you're considering the bluffing aspect - everyone else has either dayvigged, claimed a dayvig, or alluded toward having a dayvig. I feel like balance-wise the bluffing option makes way more sense and I don't like going toward a vote on someone who's already used theirs with the scum bluffing option in play.

Besides that, the cheese sandwich option feels bad to me - it was an impulsive itchy trigger finger shot, but who sees that they have a dayvig as scum and immediately shoots from the hip with it?

Scum could use it to shoot town who *looks* scummy whenever they want, either to change the momentum of the day or straight-up win if they do it late enough. I don't see the point of blasting someone in jokephase and immediately putting a target on yourself.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

yuming posted:

I agree that cheese is scummy for his shot and defense
...who are you agreeing with, exactly? That doesn't seem to be a prevailing opinion to me right now.

And why, in your opinion, are you literally the only townie without a vig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

we could WIFOM about this pretty endlessly but I think I can condense it to three options re: cheese

a. is town, did it as a laugh, self-explanatory. lovely gameplay but whatcha gonna do! may have hit scum which will be neat.

b. is scum, did something scum will never do with the expectation that someone will bring up that exact point. not the most wise thing to do, but dumb scum can be super dangerous - I've purposefully made incredibly hamfisted moves as scum knowing they were incredibly dumb plays because surely scum wouldn't be that dumb, right? worth noting that there are a fair number of people now who think cheese is town, or are at least leaning town, when cheese's primary action this game has been to kill someone who, just on raw statistics, is likely to flip town - and if cheese is scum, they'll definitely flip town, because nobody's going to believe cheese bussed their scumbuddy with a hipshot vig. worth noting that cheese and SNG just played a game together where SNG domed two scum with two vigs. maybe if other people had posted asking for The Gift cheese would have "randomly" selected SNG?

and the way less likely but still on my mind c. cheese rolled scum and either does not want to be scum, hates their scum team or managed to really quickly suss out that this is going to be a dumb* game and wanted out real real quick. I've seen this happen and it's dumb and rare but it happens. not gonna seriously push for option c here but it's rattling around in my brain.

anyways andy is also very clear that anyone who shoots cheese will immediately die because cheese is integral to ~the plan~ and I really don't like how that feels or sounds