Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Oh wait, is not for takeaways? gently caress that poo poo then.

They’re encouraging you to go and get corona so you die, and you’re not their problem any more. £5 off a Katsu Curry vs state pension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
The fact that it could so easily have been called dine out to help out makes me think the name was intentionally chosen.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

dine out to die off

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I'm eating Kabanosy

it's basically a thinner, tastier pepperami

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Boris is sending everyone back to work to get sales of newspapers and supermarket meal deals going again

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just think what all the office workers telecommuting will have done to the prepackaged sandwich industry. It'll be a wasteland.

WeaklyInteracting
Nov 15, 2011

Thinking of this thread’s good experiences with Ginsters quorn pasties, I tried a Rustlers vegeburger from the same aisle

Would not try again

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Aldi vegan steak bakes, £1.19 for two, freezer aisle.

Verimus
Oct 1, 2009

Dell_Zincht posted:

I'm eating Kabanosy

it's basically a thinner, tastier pepperami

My Polish housemates introduced me, they're so good. I can't buy my own though because I just pick an end and do a Lady and the Tramp, except instead of a dog at the other end it's just shame

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Had KFC for the first time since lockdown.
Took a while for the drive through but was worth it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
KFC is insanely overpriced

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Fatkraken posted:

Aldi vegan steak bakes, £1.19 for two, freezer aisle.

try the mushroom* 'pork' sausages rolls in the fresh section, 2 pack for 99p I think. They are good!

not the jackfruit one cos jackfruit is rubbish

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

spent £80 on a charger... jfc

claiming it as a business expense

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Ratjaculation posted:

spent £80 on a charger... jfc

claiming it as a business expense

Ahh, the joys of self-employment and the magical words "I'll claim it as business expense" :discourse:

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

WeaklyInteracting posted:

Thinking of this thread’s good experiences with Ginsters quorn pasties, I tried a Rustlers vegeburger from the same aisle

Would not try again

Rustlers aren't good but for some reason I still get cravings for their BBQ rib sandwich.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

I saw some pumpkin and spinach burgers in Sainsburys. Tempted to give them a go but eh, Sainsburys pricing. I might try and find a recipe to make them from raw ingredients.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm bored

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Verimus posted:

My Polish housemates introduced me, they're so good. I can't buy my own though because I just pick an end and do a Lady and the Tramp, except instead of a dog at the other end it's just shame

Yeah, it looked like thin sticks in the packet, I wasn't expecting to pull out a 2 metre sausage

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Galewolf posted:

Ahh, the joys of self-employment and the magical words "I'll claim it as business expense" :discourse:

tbf i need it to do businesses and tabulations and documentations

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Jose posted:

i'm bored

Join me in some summer time day drinking.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I can't seem to stop pumping

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Weekends are for edging

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

Boris is sending everyone back to work to get sales of newspapers and supermarket meal deals going again

Kind of missing a Boots meal deal tbh. Not looking like being back in the office before Xmas.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Ratjaculation posted:

tbf i need it to do businesses and tabulations and documentations

are you an unspecified number of children in a trenchcoat?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Did garden drinking last night with a friend and a 50% off up to £15 voucher for Uber Eats arrived on my phone. Did the only responsible thing and ordered £30 of McDonalds.

Three months without McDonalds has really dulled the edge. It was like eating cardboard and playdough.

What the gently caress has this pandemic done to me. I'm ruined.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

I've had McDonalds twice since they reopened, the first time it was cold and like cardboard and playdough. But a couple days ago I got a quarter pounder at 1am and as I shamelessly stuffed it into my face in the distance it took me to awkwardly drive from the drive-thru lane to the road, covering the steering wheel and gear knob with ketchup, it was the most heavenly food ever created.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
macdonalds sucks now you cant get a bucket of coke and a snow shovel's worth of fries

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Horace posted:

I got a quarter pounder at 1am and as I shamelessly stuffed it into my face in the distance it took me to awkwardly drive from the drive-thru lane to the road, covering the steering wheel and gear knob with ketchup, it was the most heavenly food ever created.

This is what I was hoping to get from it. Nothing. Not a flicker.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

NotJustANumber99 posted:

macdonalds sucks now you cant get a bucket of coke and a snow shovel's worth of fries

get this - just order 2 of each

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Bristol city centre much busier today - not back to pre-covid crowds yet but definitely getting there. I may go to the pub next Saturday: I've been monitoring infection rates for the last 2 weeks and there's still been no bounce in cases, we're pretty similar to France now.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Pistol_Pete posted:

Bristol city centre much busier today - not back to pre-covid crowds yet but definitely getting there. I may go to the pub next Saturday: I've been monitoring infection rates for the last 2 weeks and there's still been no bounce in cases, we're pretty similar to France now.

I’ll give it another week just to make sure. So that’ll be two weeks post pubs opening.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Might look at weekend breaks in Barcelona

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hmm yes the place being aggressively locked down again due to a massive covid spike, what could go wrong

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Are half the people in this thread Doing A Bit?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

buying premade burgers in tesco and brioche buns is probably vastly better than mcdonalds.

(i just had burgers they were good but no brioche buns sadly)

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 18, 2020

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

freelop posted:

Had KFC for the first time since lockdown.
Took a while for the drive through but was worth it

What did you have

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

TTerrible posted:

Are half the people in this thread Doing A Bit?

I dunno I kind of just assumed after a few days of saying how confused I am by people's unlocking behaviours to then say I'm planning to go on holiday to a place only that day having been publicly reported to be going back in to lockdown that people might take it as a joke but I dunno.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I dunno I kind of just assumed after a few days of saying how confused I am by people's unlocking behaviours to then say I'm planning to go on holiday to a place only that day having been publicly reported to be going back in to lockdown that people might take it as a joke but I dunno.

I'm on to you.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I can sort you out with a spare ticket if you want I don't think Adams coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Is the internet more wires or hard disks? Like if you pulled it all out and weighed it?