Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Metapod posted:

Stroll going to be standing in the podium tomorrow

Security will stop him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

AS EXPECTED, OUR BLESSED LEWIS HAS POLE POSITION YET AGAIN AND FRAUDULENT FERRARI ARE BEATEN BY LANCE loving STROLL WHILE MAXIMUM VERSTAPPEN SHOWS HE IS AN UTTER WASTEMAN WHO CRIES ABOUT EVERYTHING WHEN HE UNDERPERFORMS YET AGAIN

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

EXPECTING A SIGNATURE MAX MOVE OF DIVING DOWN THE INSIDE AT T1 AND CRASHING OUT AND THEN COMPLAINING ABOUT IT

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Stroll taking out both Mercs at the first corner would be the best thing he's done in F1.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

EXPECTING A SIGNATURE MAX MOVE OF DIVING DOWN THE INSIDE AT T1 AND CRASHING OUT AND THEN COMPLAINING ABOUT IT

that or that engine is about to pop

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Pablo Bluth posted:

Stroll taking out both Mercs at the first corner would be the best thing he's done in F1.

You know who provides the racing point engine right

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Random question:
How do teams price out the parts they sell to other teams? Like Haas said they used to buy their brake ducts from Ferrari. Are those sold to them for a certain price per unit or are they sold the molds (like a licensing fee)? Is there a place to find out about these costs.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

AS EXPECTED, OUR BLESSED LEWIS HAS POLE POSITION YET AGAIN AND FRAUDULENT FERRARI ARE BEATEN BY LANCE loving STROLL WHILE MAXIMUM VERSTAPPEN SHOWS HE IS AN UTTER WASTEMAN WHO CRIES ABOUT EVERYTHING WHEN HE UNDERPERFORMS YET AGAIN

:hmmyes:

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I’m watching Lando gently caress around on the track after everyone’s gone home for the day and there are pit crew people running and cycling by. Seems like a fun perk of the job.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Is this the first time Max has had to deal with a difficult car? He's not being very graceful.

Tantrums on the radio get old pretty fast. I guess this is the problem with employing drivers that are essentially children.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

If a car is under performing or the team make a dumb decision the drivers have every right to complain about it.

When they whine about the rules they are breaking or the other drivers daring to race them that gets annoying

Thats the difference between are lewis and vettel/frogboy

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Sulman posted:

Is this the first time Max has had to deal with a difficult car? He's not being very graceful.

Tantrums on the radio get old pretty fast. I guess this is the problem with employing drivers that are essentially children.

The red bulls have always been planted cars, what they lack as a package is speed, partly because of the honda engine and partly because they sacrifice some speed for downforce. From what I've seen when drivers leave RBR they find it hard to adapt to the lower downforce (see vettel spinning all the time now and ricciardo being unable to outbrake people the way he used to) almost as if they've lost some sensitivity to car control. I assume that's what's caught verstappen and albon out now that RBR are trying something different.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
Mercedes the only team capable of making a new car without also making it actively worse than the previous year. Truly an inspirational marvel.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status/1284572315922161664?s=20

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Hey have yall heard this one?

Poodiarrhea Failrari

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Toto with that mask is a great combo. He needs a McBain mask too.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

The red bulls have always been planted cars, what they lack as a package is speed, partly because of the honda engine and partly because they sacrifice some speed for downforce. From what I've seen when drivers leave RBR they find it hard to adapt to the lower downforce (see vettel spinning all the time now and ricciardo being unable to outbrake people the way he used to) almost as if they've lost some sensitivity to car control. I assume that's what's caught verstappen and albon out now that RBR are trying something different.
I know the NtotheTC narrative wants this to be the case, but they've repeatedly ran a lower downforce setup than the rest of the top 3 to make up for PU deficiencies.
What Max and Albon are complaining about is the car setup is fundamentally not working right now. It's plain to see the car isn't rotating it's weight around properly, which isn't solely a problem described by "not enough downforce".

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
redbull fuckin sucks

Naoto Shirogane
May 8, 2019

what matters is williams is now good

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Khablam posted:

I know the NtotheTC narrative wants this to be the case, but they've repeatedly ran a lower downforce setup than the rest of the top 3 to make up for PU deficiencies.
What Max and Albon are complaining about is the car setup is fundamentally not working right now. It's plain to see the car isn't rotating it's weight around properly, which isn't solely a problem described by "not enough downforce".

Are you talking this year or last year? Last year they ran "low downforce setups" all the time but like I said: a low downforce Red Bull still has more downforce than the Mercedes and Ferraris usually ran. They just lacked the power. If you're upset because that would suggest that maybe Max isn't the genius car control master you thought he was then... well yeah welcome to the club that's what we've been trying to tell you for 6 years. The Red Bull made Vettel look like a driver with good car control, what more proof do you need?

If you're talking this year then who the gently caress knows because they've hosed the car totally and now they don't have anything.

e: like I don't know why this would be news to you? red bull have a world class aerodynamicist and gently caress all else in their team. they've run the high rake concept for years why do you think they did so well in the twisty bits?

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 18, 2020

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Toto will always hate Ferrari because they blocked his fia work after Mercedes, gently caress that rear end in a top hat

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

hating ferrari is good

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Also next year hASS should also buy this year Mercedes so we can have Mercedes 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 with McLaren joining the family

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Zeta Acosta posted:

Also next year hASS should also buy this year Mercedes so we can have Mercedes 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 with McLaren joining the family

I mean... yeah? If the stupid dumb babies can't make a decent car on their own then they probably should just wholesale copy the only good car manufactuer on the grid.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Seriously Gonzo how much does it chafe your nipples that if it wasn't for di Montezemolo forcing Kimi into the team, Brawn and Schumacher would have stayed on for years, won more WDCs, so no Brawn GP and subsequently Mercedes might not even exist in their current dominant form?

di Montezemolo cool and good, right? Thank god you got Kimi though! bwoah!

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Nice meltdown

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

If you're upset because that would suggest that maybe Max isn't the genius car control master you thought he was then... well yeah welcome to the club that's what we've been trying to tell you for 6 years
This is precisely the dumb narrative I was suggesting you lean on, yes. Thanks for actually writing out your brain-aids hot take though.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

They should meltdown all their fraudulent trophies they have at maranello and build a statue of Lewis out of them.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Khablam posted:

This is precisely the dumb narrative I was suggesting you lean on, yes. Thanks for actually writing out your brain-aids hot take though.

I've never been able to tell when you're serious or trolling so I'm responding as if you're sincere. Am I right when I say that you believe that the Red Bull is a low downforce car that's difficult to drive and that Max has been able to tame this unruly monster through sheer skill and force of will?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

I've never been able to tell when you're serious or trolling so I'm responding as if you're sincere. Am I right when I say that you believe that the Red Bull is a low downforce car that's difficult to drive and that Max has been able to tame this unruly monster through sheer skill and force of will?
I'm saying the argument it's some road-sticking Übermensch, whilst also somehow not being far behind in speedtraps, is a narrative that only makes sense if you start with "Max is bad, how can I argue this?".
The irony comes in when you say this, whilst supporting a driver whose car has been both the fastest in a straight line and planted on rails going on 5 seasons.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Also, you're wilfully ignoring the actual problem, or do not understand it.
For the purpose of your gimmick/POV it's the same either way though.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Big Jesus posted:

Hey have yall heard this one?

Pube-Diarrhoea Failrrari

FTFY

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Max can’t drive a difficult car because he’s not a top driver, it’s not hard to follow

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I feel compelled to root for pink cars

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Porsche Ferrariing all over the place at Sebring

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Khablam posted:

I'm saying the argument it's some road-sticking Übermensch, whilst also somehow not being far behind in speedtraps, is a narrative that only makes sense if you start with "Max is bad, how can I argue this?".
The irony comes in when you say this, whilst supporting a driver whose car has been both the fastest in a straight line and planted on rails going on 5 seasons.

You have some melty-brain moments in this thread dude but this is one of the worst. No-one said it was a road sticking Ubermensch I said it was a planted car that lacked top speed, which is a perfectly reasonable and accurate summation of the RBR and if you were less of a defensive baby about it would have realised I was actually giving your favourite driver an out to explain why he's doing poo poo and spinning every 2 laps right now.

But no, becuase you've convinced yourself that Max has some other-worldly talent that noone else on the grid possibly has it turns out the RBR wings were just for show and it didn't even have engines and he was frantically peddalling the car flintstones-style this entire time!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Formula 1 should be a Mercedes spec series

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
It is. Formula 1.5 is everybody else.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

You have some melty-brain moments in this thread dude but this is one of the worst. No-one said it was a road sticking Ubermensch I said it was a planted car that lacked top speed, which is a perfectly reasonable and accurate summation of the RBR and if you were less of a defensive baby about it would have realised I was actually giving your favourite driver an out to explain why he's doing poo poo and spinning every 2 laps right now.
I'm going to be charitable to you, and suggest you don't understand the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Khablam posted:

I'm going to be charitable to you, and suggest you don't understand the issue.

Nobody can understand poor Max