Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

The problem is that republicans would be hunted, not the idea that people would be hunted because of their political affiliation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

How are u posted:

Not to mention nationwide contact tracing and a unified, national testing strategy. ^^^^^^

Haven't you heard? Trump and the Dems, they're the same!

You mean letting the CDC do its actual job?!

Unthinkable!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

One of the best things about that video is that the only real thing interesting about Donnie walking like a big boy without any help at all is how ridiculously long his ties are. Even from long distance shots, they look ridiculous.

And you know the stock footage is a wishlist for the audience of one:
* Stock market numbers
* Biden very bad
* So powerful, the best walking ever, everyone is talking about it

Surprised they didn't do an encore of him drinking a glass of water one-handed.

Also, gently caress Scott Adams. Fun fact about him: years ago there was a MetaFilter thread about him, he joined it as a sock puppet to post about how great Scott Adams was, and it was identified within half an hour or so.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

:stonk:

Kale
May 14, 2010

The way I see it Fauci is just trying to focus on the science and not the politics, being a medical doctor and not a politician and all. It's really not his business to wade into White House politics. They can say their lies, and then he can at the same time when interviewed say "Well here's what the science and research says about this" and provide people the relevant information and updates. That's typically how it's supposed to go, everything is just so loving warped with the Trump Adminstration and them not giving a poo poo what they wade into and try to discredit or signal boost without just cause.

The most I've seen him come close to wading into politics is when asked a direct question about why he thinks the White House is trying to discredit him he more or less said he didn't know what to make of that and considered it "bizarre", followed immediately by that he trusts science and medical experts and thus considering himself one of those ergo you could trust him or any other respected medical authority with a good track record on the Coronavirus situation.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Wow... that plan sounds civil and extremely sound, and exactly what we should do?

Are we supposed to be outraged right now?

B-but, both sides bad! Bernie would have one. G-giant... douche? :shrug:

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

The Hill is bad but I that headline doesn't say anything to be angry about. It seems like you guys are reading "Biden wants to FORCE schools open NOW (suck it libs)"

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Dubar posted:

The Hill is bad but I that headline doesn't say anything to be angry about. It seems like you guys are reading "Biden wants to FORCE schools open NOW (suck it libs)"

That is exactly what that poster was intending based on their history and the fact this is not the first time they've done this.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Kale posted:

The way I see it Fauci is just trying to focus on the science and not the politics, being a medical doctor and not a politician and all. It's really not his business to wade into White House politics. They can say their lies, and then he can at the same time when interviewed say "Well here's what the science and research says about this" and provide people the relevant information and updates. That's typically how it's supposed to go, everything is just so loving warped with the Trump Adminstration and them not giving a poo poo what they wade into and try to discredit or signal boost without just cause.

The most I've seen him come close to wading into politics is when asked a direct question about why he thinks the White House is trying to discredit him he more or less said he didn't know what to make of that and considered it "bizarre", followed immediately by that he trusts science and medical experts and thus considering himself one of those ergo you could trust him or any other respected medical authority with a good track record on the Coronavirus situation.

One thing I will say about Fauci is the dude has served under like 6 presidents, and has seemingly not aged a loving day

He also has seemingly always had the best interest of people not getting sick at heart

The dude seemingly has little ego, he doesn't mind getting slandered by Trump's lunacy, because the longer he is head of the CDC the less time Trump has to appoint a complete Nazi flunky like Ken Cuchinelli, Corey Stewart, or Homan to the head of it

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 19, 2020

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Well poo poo, so, turns out his fear of republicans being hunted was just projection of his own very real desire to see OTHER people hunted.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Sir Lemming posted:

Will be interesting to see if anything happens regarding music usage, at rallies it's pretty much the wild west but in an ad is probably different.

https://twitter.com/jdmaccoby/status/1284618386341867521

Why did Marc Rubio die or something

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Dubar posted:

That's exactly what the guy who posted the article was intending to say.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Hugh Hewitt has a solution to current economic threat faced by the lack of employment that people are facing

https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1284636277619306496

Let people just withdraw money from their 401Ks without penalty :downs: Definitely not gonna be an insult to people who have been able to save money for retirement, and definitely not a huge middle finder to everyone who is too poor to even have retirement savings. And definitely not a huge bail out to everyone rich enough who wants to bail on the stock market while its still super inflated, and loving over government tax income. Nope, its totally a solid plan that can help :fuckoff:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dubar posted:

We're really reacting to the way the OP clearly framed it.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Well poo poo, so, turns out his fear of republicans being hunted was just projection of his own very real desire to see OTHER people hunted.

This is the most cliche thing in the world but I am always shocked at how much of the far right is projection of their hideous worldview onto others.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

socialsecurity posted:

Oh look another loving Hill link with a horribly misleading headline to take stupid potshots at Biden. Nothing about his plan is forcing schools open, it's literally "the local governments should decide but this plan is to help with enabling virtual learning and supplying training and PPE.

so when my local government decides to chud it up, as texas is want to do, what would president biden do

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

No just Rubio being Rubio

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

sexpig by night posted:

so when my local government decides to chud it up, as texas is want to do, what would president biden do

Based on that link establish national safety guidelines, testing, contact tracing, ppe supply lines, and emergency funding for schools and child care operators?

Which like... doesn't even strike me as a plan so much as a "DUH!" campaign promise and direct callout to what we're not doing even though every expert has said we should be for 6+ months.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The Glumslinger posted:

Hugh Hewitt has a solution to current economic threat faced by the lack of employment that people are facing

https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1284636277619306496

Let people just withdraw money from their 401Ks without penalty :downs: Definitely not gonna be an insult to people who have been able to save money for retirement, and definitely not a huge middle finder to everyone who is too poor to even have retirement savings. And definitely not a huge bail out to everyone rich enough who wants to bail on the stock market while its still super inflated, and loving over government tax income. Nope, its totally a solid plan that can help :fuckoff:

Joke's on them--we will all die before retirement anyway.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

sexpig by night posted:

Mandate that all True Leftists must be exposed to COVID-19 while laughing centrist-ishly.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

This made me remember that I have a Dilbert book somewhere in storage, I need to dig that out and burn it and urinate on it.

Kale
May 14, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

He also has seemingly always had the best interest of people not getting sick at heart

The dude seemingly has little ego, he doesn't mind getting slandered by Trump's lunacy, because the longer he is head of the CDC the less time Trump has to appoint a complete Nazi flunky like Ken Cuchinelli, Corey Stewart, or Homan to the head of it

You mean like a doctor?

I mean again it's so unusual with the Trump Administration but it's nice when something actually kind of functions like it's supposed to at all within the U.S Government anymore.

Anyway any at least old school doctor I've ever known is like that basically up until you question the science and medical research on anything at which point they tend to give you the business since they have your best health interests in mind and really want you to follow the expert advice. Heck that's pretty much any PH.D person I've ever known MD or not.

I doubt the majority of people with any common sense who aren't already a full on Chuds give a rat's rear end gently caress what Dan Scavino or any other ghoul in the White House has to say about Fauci because at the end of the day, he has credibility and is unwilling to play politics while that's all Trump people do and their usually wrong and or flip flopping about everything every other day to chase after whatever wedge issue emerges they think they can exploit. I still can't believe I ended up figuring that Chris Cuomo of all people managed to nail it with his "seriously are you kidding......are you kidding me?" take on the stupid Beans thing. He'll probably be past that stunt before I am because my loving god was that stupid even by Trump standards.

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jul 19, 2020

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

He (or more likely, some intern, but still) tweeted a "it was an honor to have known John Lewis" meesage along with a picture of himself with... Elijah Cummings. Even changed his twitter avatar to that picture. He's being mocked for it.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

Lm loving ao at a loving campaign aimed at racist boomers using songs that were most prominently on Naruto YouTube AMVs in 2006

I would've said DBZ AMVs in 2001, I guess I'm old.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Actually that reminds me Fauci did refer to the rock stupid Beans picture as "grotesque" which may actually be the closest he's weighed into politics, but it could just be a matter of basic taste and tact.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

One thing I will say about Fauci is the dude has served under like 6 presidents, and has seemingly not aged a loving day

My work has exposed me quite a bit to senior career bureaucrats of multiple government agencies in the U.S. and other countries. While Fauci does seem to be sincere and competent, in my experience none of these people make it to where they are and last that long without being bureaucratic survivors. And that means playing politics, compromising to save their own asses, selling other people down the river, and generally being a spineless backstabbing toad. It's worse than anything I've seen in the business world, where at least most of the bastards are direct about only caring about money. I want to give Fauci the benefit of the doubt. He's highly regarded and very smart people laud him. But the same is true of the people I've had to deal with, and it's been an incredibly disaffecting experience.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't personally assume any particular principles or politics or values to Fauci. I don't need him to be someone I believe in. He's seemed generally competent and has taken the situation much more seriously than the Administration and consistently spoken out in direct contradiction to them. I'm glad there's at least one person in the Administration who reaches that very low bar. It can't hurt.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
tbh I trust fauci in large part just because the trump camp is really invested in ratfucking him, that's usually a good sign

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

LeeMajors posted:

Joke's on them--we will all die before retirement anyway.
My retirement plan at this rate is a long walk in the woods and a .45 to the dome.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

cochise posted:

I have a feeling that Linkin Park is going to lose their poo poo over this. Mike Shinoda is super protective of their music.

Aaaaand it got copyright struck lmao

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Feldegast42 posted:

And while the military seems skeptical DHS/CBP is huge and is stacked with true believers.

*tries very hard not to stare at German military in 1933*

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

mdemone posted:

*tries very hard not to stare at German military in 1933*

Can't wait till Trump forces all the armed forces members to re-enlist, pledging loyalty to him.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

CommieGIR posted:

Can't wait till Trump forces all the armed forces members to re-enlist, pledging loyalty to him.

Look let's not even talk about that because it's givin me the palpitations

:corsair:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Abner Assington posted:

My retirement plan at this rate is a long walk in the woods and a .45 to the dome.

This would also protect you from coronavirus...

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

sexpig by night posted:

He'd take your hair see and say "Look Mac! We all gotta get through this together! Do you know what I'm saying? Tell me what you need! Tell me what you need! Come on man!"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Linkin Park got that down quick

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1284654916548558853?s=20

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

haveblue posted:

This would also protect you from coronavirus...

Somewhere out there is a story of someone in Florida trying to shoot at the virus. And it wont be an Onion article.

e: VVV Okay now I am legitimately scared for you guys. Like, please be safe.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 19, 2020

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/gravelist/status/1284552303832444934?s=19

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Was this video shot before Covid? If not that cop basically assaulted that guy with his breath before he well, assaulted him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Was this video shot before Covid? If not that cop basically assaulted that guy with his breath before he well, assaulted him.

Yes, April 20 of 2019 according to a few tweets I saw the other day.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaErlich/status/1282689238719496193

https://twitter.com/JoshuaErlich/status/1282689243324846080