Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 151 82.51%
No 32 17.49%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

The media's on his side. They just wish he'd keep his worst qualities quiet

I look at it a little different, news is a high-stakes game of "Made-You-Look" and without the daily trump outrage to juice ratings every night, MSNBC is turbofucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

nah that's just the seams of his human costume corroding in saltwater

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
tbh JetSurf boards look pretty fun.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Full article on Captain Portland.

https://twitter.com/Bobbin_Singh/status/1284967639136100352

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Go home uber haole

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

“I’d do it again but sometimes I have to listen to better advice from other people,” he said. “I am 53 and am not indestructible.”

Holy poo poo he’s in his 50’s and came out with just some busted knuckles :stare:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Icon Of Sin posted:

Holy poo poo he’s in his 50’s and came out with just some busted knuckles :stare:

He was probably one of the those indestructible guys in the service who can step in front of a Humvee and walk away with a bruised rib.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

BigDave posted:

He was probably one of the those indestructible guys in the service who can step in front of a Humvee and walk away with a bruised rib.

Was the humvee ok? :ohdear:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

BigDave posted:

I wish I was that motherfucker.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://news.yahoo.com/national-museum-african-american-history-113916415.html

COOL

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Surprised that motherfucker has seen the inside of a museum.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Midjack posted:

Surprised that motherfucker has seen the inside of a museum.

He was told it was a mall.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

These loving snowflakes and their cancel culture.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://twitter.com/jfinn6511/status/1284609001850839045

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
WASHINGTON (AP) — Top Republicans in Congress were expecting to meet Monday with President Donald Trump on the next COVID-19 aid package as the administration panned more virus testing money and interjected other priorities that could complicate quick passage.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was prepared to roll out the $1 trillion package in a matter of days. But divisions between the Senate GOP majority and the White House posed fresh challenges. Congress was returning to session this week as the coronavirus crisis many had hoped would have improved by now only worsened — and just as earlier federal emergency relief was expiring.

Trump insisted again Sunday that the virus would “disappear,” but the president’s view did not at all match projections from the leading health professionals straining to halt the U.S.’s alarming caseloads and death toll.

McConnell and House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy were set to meet with Trump and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin “to fine-tune” the legislation, acting chief of staff Mark Meadows said on Fox News.

The package from McConnell had been quietly crafted behind closed doors for weeks and was expected to include $75 billion to help schools reopen, reduced unemployment benefits alongside a fresh round of direct $1,200 cash payments to Americans, and a sweeping five-year liability shield against coronavirus lawsuits.

But as the White House weighed in, the administration was panning some $25 billion in proposed new funds for testing and tracing, said one Republican familiar with the discussions. The administration’s objections were first reported by The Washington Post.

Trump was also reviving his push for a payroll tax break, which was being seriously considered, said another Republican. Both spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the private talks.

The new push from the White House put the administration at odds with GOP allies in Congress, a disconnect that threatened to upend an already difficult legislative process. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi already passed Democrats’ vast $3 trillion proposal and virus cases and deaths had only increased since.

Trump raised alarms on Capitol Hill when he suggested last month at a rally in Oklahoma that he wanted to slow virus testing. Some of Trump’s GOP allies wanted new money to help test and track the virus to contain its spread. Senate Democrats were investigating why the Trump administration had not yet spent some of $25 billion previously allocated for testing in an earlier aid bill.

The payroll tax Trump wanted also divided his party. Senate Republicans in particular opposed the payroll tax break as an insufficient response to millions of out-of-work Americans, especially as they tried to keep the total price tag of the aid package at no more than $1 trillion.

Trump said Sunday in the Fox News interview that he would consider not signing any bill unless it included the payroll tax break, which many GOP senators opposed.

“I want to see it,” he said.

Lawmakers were returning to a partially closed Capitol still off-limits to tourists to consider what will be a fifth COVID-19 aid package. After passing the $2.2 trillion relief bill in March, Republicans hoped the virus would ease and economy rebound so more aid would not be needed.

But with COVID-19 cases hitting alarming new highs and the death roll rising, the pandemic’s devastating cycle was happening all over again, leaving Congress little choice but to engineer another costly rescue. Businesses were shutting down again, schools could not fully reopen and jobs were disappearing, all while federal emergency aid expired.

“It’s not going to magically disappear,” said a somber McConnell, R-Ky., last week during a visit to a hospital in his home state to thank front-line workers.

As McConnell prepared to roll out his $1 trillion-plus proposal, he acknowledged it would not have full support.

The political stakes were high for all sides before the November election, but even more so for the nation, which now registered more coronavirus infections and a higher death count than any other country.

Just as the pandemic’s ferocious cycle was starting again, the first round of aid was running out.

A federal $600-a-week boost to regular unemployment benefits would expire at the end of the month. So, too, would the federal ban on evictions on millions of rental units.

With 17 straight weeks of unemployment claims topping 1 million — usually about 200,000 — many households were facing a cash crunch and losing employer-backed health insurance coverage.

Despite flickers of an economic upswing as states eased stay-at-home orders in May and June, the jobless rate remained at double digits, higher than it ever was in the last decade’s Great Recession.

Pelosi’s bill, approved in May, included $75 billion for testing and tracing to try to get a handle on the virus spread, funneled $100 billion to schools to safely reopen and called for $1 trillion to be sent to cash-strapped states to pay essential workers and prevent layoffs. The measure would give cash stipends to Americans, and bolster rental and mortgage and other safety net protections.

In the two months since Pelosi’s bill passed, the U.S. had 50,000 more deaths and 2 million more infections.

“If we don’t invest the money now, it will be much worse,” Pelosi said.

https://apnews.com/c99a45d7cd18f6d41c9cb5f72b9ffc38

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I wonder if they’re trial ballooning this to prove a reaction before going forward

Putting out a stimulus bill that focuses primarily on liability protection for businesses as people lose their jobs and homes en masse would cause some real damage

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
https://twitter.com/wildstein/status/1285018390860640261

:catstare:

Well that's certainly something...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Whose payroll do you think he's on

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

She was appointed as the judge to the case Deutsche bank investors are bringing against the bank to reveal its ties to Epstein

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

She was appointed as the judge to the case Deutsche bank investors are bringing against the bank to reveal its ties to Epstein

but hang on, he committed suicide

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

BigDave posted:

But with COVID-19 cases hitting alarming new highs and the death roll rising, the pandemic’s devastating cycle was happening all over again, leaving Congress little choice but to engineer another costly rescue. Businesses were shutting down again, schools could not fully reopen and jobs were disappearing, all while federal emergency aid expired.

“It’s not going to magically disappear,” said a somber McConnell, R-Ky., last week during a visit to a hospital in his home state to thank front-line workers.

As McConnell prepared to roll out his $1 trillion-plus proposal, he acknowledged it would not have full support.

The political stakes were high for all sides before the November election, but even more so for the nation, which now registered more coronavirus infections and a higher death count than any other country.

I'd like to think/hope Foghorn Leghorn's quote discrediting Trump is some evidence that the report that Trump had until Labor Day to unfuck himself before the GOP started jumping ship en masse (presumably to save their own campaigns) is a real thing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

He’s trying to look like his hero.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Whose payroll do you think he's on

Wasn’t a federal hit since the shooter was wearing a uniform. On the other hand, the judge survived so who knows.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Handsome Ralph posted:

Dead Presidents II looking good.

lmao

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1285072079096692736?s=19

This has been such a rampaging success that Barr and Chad Wolf want to take this national!

I also forget if this has been posted yet (from Chicago):

https://twitter.com/warmfourloko/status/1284609175046295561?s=19

Edit: welp

https://twitter.com/broderick/status/1285222981980098565?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 20, 2020

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
johnny bravo didn't take to losing his show very well

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Officials manipulating graphs released as public information to mislead the people should land in jail

https://twitter.com/futurebird/status/1284864294908289037

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

It’s Michael Meyers in retirement. Got rid of the hockey mask for sunscreen and all.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Noted war criminal Allen West is now the Chairman of the Texas GOP

https://texasscorecard.com/state/allen-west-declares-victory-in-race-to-lead-texas-gop/

You may remember him from this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_West_%28politician%29#Iraq_torture_incident

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I always misread this as Adam West, and have a brief fantasy of politics involving 60s Batman.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Hell the hell did he manage to only get an Article 15 for a war crime

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Internet Wizard posted:

Hell the hell did he manage to only get an Article 15 for a war crime

It was 2003.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

A Bad Poster posted:

It was 2003.

How the hell did he not manage to get a promotion

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

quote:

After West's retirement he received more than 2,000 letters and e-mails offering him moral support. A letter supporting West was signed by 95 members of the U.S. Congress and sent to the Secretary of the Army.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

After catching up on Kanye's rally I'm convinced he'll be the next President of the United States

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It'd be nice to have someone moderately less mentally ill be president

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I was reading something that said he has literally filed no paperwork to run for president.

Dude needs to get back on his meds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

happy monday, the fix is in:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1285249452626923521

So this guy waits five years to get revenge by disguising himself as a fedex driver, does it four days after the judge takes This Case, then shoots himself in his car, with a fedex package addressed to the judge in the passenger seat.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 20, 2020