Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

:argh:RYUZO!!!:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Great battle tho, those floating lanterns

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

bows1 posted:

Great battle tho, those floating lanterns

Absolutely gorgeous.

He went down like a punk though.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Into Act 3 now and the story is pretty solid. Fairly predictable, but it's hitting all those classic samurai movie beats.

That said, killing off Taka in a pretty brutal fashion I didn't expect. So bravo, I now must avenge my blacksmith buddy.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

its almost imperceptible but i just noticed that the sharpening...pattern?(idk what to call it) on your katana changes as you upgrade it

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Into Act 3 now and the story is pretty solid. Fairly predictable, but it's hitting all those classic samurai movie beats.

The pitch meeting for GoT consisted entirely of someone showing up with a complete Kurosawa box set and saying “Hey, let’s just this but a video game.”

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

free hubcaps posted:

its almost imperceptible but i just noticed that the sharpening...pattern?(idk what to call it) on your katana changes as you upgrade it

That's the hamon, it's from the folding process and hammering it out. Essentially the smith is refolding your blade to strengthen it, I guess. The Tanto undergoes the same thing.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I’m only about 5 hours in but I was wondering if all of the little side stuff like fox dens and hot springs are always on the map with question marks or are there ones you just have to find on your own while exploring?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

At first the map looked small for an open world but this game seems huge. I have maybe uncovered the fog of war from 30% of the first
area after 6 or so hours.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rad Valtar posted:

I’m only about 5 hours in but I was wondering if all of the little side stuff like fox dens and hot springs are always on the map with question marks or are there ones you just have to find on your own while exploring?

I think the ? For those locations only show up with you either clear/liberate a camp or get close enough to one. Fox Dens trees tend to stand out from a distance so you don’t really need the point on the map to pick them out and springs the birds will guide you to them once you’re in the general vicinity.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

this game is way neater than i thought it would be.
good times

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I was not expecting such an interesting debate on “terrorism” and escalation of tactics and brutality out of this game. It’s really, really good. Also holy poo poo did I cry my eyes out at the Grave of a Loyal Friend. Kaze, noo!! Almost done with all quests; been doing nothing but work/sleep/Tsushima.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are bows silent?

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

veni veni veni posted:

At first the map looked small for an open world but this game seems huge. I have maybe uncovered the fog of war from 30% of the first
area after 6 or so hours.

yeah, i expected it to feel pretty cramped going in, but the first part felt just right and the second half is feeling even bigger.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Another thing that impressed me about the game: when a camp is alerted the enemies pair up and slowly patrol while usually facing opposite directions, which is more intelligent behavior than you see in most stealth games.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

um does the game ever stop with these stance switching prompts in combat? i just unlocked wind stance and its super loving annoying to have this popup that forces you to switch stance even if you dont want to

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well I finished it.

Take my advice and either don't do all the other duels before endgame or turn off achievement notifications if you don't want an ultra cheesy one to pop during an emotional moment.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Sakurazuka posted:

Well I finished it.

Take my advice and either don't do all the other duels before endgame or turn off achievement notifications if you don't want an ultra cheesy one to pop during an emotional moment.

Is the world still open to collect all the things after the main quest like RDR2? Or is it just, roll credits, and start a new game?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah you can go around and finish everything off after you beat it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Long shot but is there a chapter / duel select to replay the fights or am I going to have to make a manual save on subsequent replays?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nope you can't replay anything

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Things that would be nice to have in updates:

Accessibility features for folks (someone mentioned earlier that making footprints easier to spot would be nice, just default it to off and yeah good stuff)
NG+
Perma invasion mode where Mongols will take back camps and areas overtime
Boss rush/dedicated dueling mode

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hell yeah please give me a dueling competition mode and make it like the other best samurai dueling game ever made, Kirby Super Star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN3AF9rdwAg

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I keep going back to TLOU2 for bonus features but a duel/encounter select option post game would be wonderful.

God drat TLOU2 brought A LOT to the table in terms of replayability and accessibility.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm missing one haiku area for 100% everything and I can't see it anywhere, already liberated the island and uncovered the whole map so it might be a special one somewhere. I'm also missing another couple of vanity items and the vanity tracker won't show anything anymore. :(

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Asked this in the PS4 chat thread: is there an easy way to replay certain fights or redo missions? Mainly thinking of the various forts you can clear.

Edit: oh poo poo, it was literally asked and answered only a few posts ago! Never mind!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah you can go around and finish everything off after you beat it

:laugh:

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

RatHat posted:

Are bows silent?

Not by default, but you can get a charm that makes them silent.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So is there anything else to use all this wood on other than the two bows or can I safely sell it all now that I have both of them fully upgraded? I guess it might be used for some of the mythical armour I don't have yet?

Same question but for the predator hides, got the full capacity for both arrow types for both bows and then all the weird ninja gadgets so tempted to sell some of it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol I missed the 'tutorial' haiku in Hiyoshi Springs

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wait how do u put your sword away?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

free hubcaps posted:

um does the game ever stop with these stance switching prompts in combat? i just unlocked wind stance and its super loving annoying to have this popup that forces you to switch stance even if you dont want to

You only get it one time per stance.

The last one I got was the stone stance even though that’s your starting stance, presumably because it feels the need to remind you “oh and this one is good against regular sword mooks” after telling you about the other 3.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Romes128 posted:

Wait how do u put your sword away?

Swipe right on the touchpad.

You can also swipe down to bow, and swipe left to play your flute.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I will duel you all /
Letting go of triangle /
Face me you cowards

edit:

You cannot touch me /
Samurai dancing like wind /
Stand and fight, Mongols

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And that's the platinum, probably took me a bit less than 40 hours

E: oh wait I got it on Thursday probably longer than that then lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
A game with one flaw /
I babysit the right stick /
Camera control sucks

(is camera three syllables or two?)

edit:

Incorrect haiku /
Is camera three syllables? /
I really hope not

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Three
And yeah the camera sucks lol

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

History Comes Inside! posted:

One weird thing I’ve noticed is sometimes it will put the little markers up for every single thing I need to find in a camp and other times I will have to run around like an rear end in a top hat with absolutely no indication about where whatever it is I’m looking for might be, and there’s seemingly no rhyme nor reason for it to be one way or the other.

Even when it’s the same objective like “find all the whatevers” some camps are lit up like a Christmas tree and others I might as well run round with my eyes closed mashing R2.

Edit: haha this camp is mixed, 2 of the 4 banners I need had markers from miles away and the other 2 are ????

What even determines that?

If you have the camp selected on the map it gives you the list of things to complete when you swipe up for guiding wind. As for when they show up on your HUD, I think it's dynamic based on a combination of how far the individual things are from you, and how long you've been looking for them but I'm not sure exactly.

Baggot posted:

Swipe right on the touchpad.

You can also swipe down to bow, and swipe left to play your flute.

Swiping right on the touchpad also unsheathes your sword which is handy because if I've already put it away and notice a guy I missed crawling away, if you execute them with the sword sheathed, it teleports into Jin's hand.

Rad Valtar posted:

When you get close to them they appear on the map. On the bottom right corner of the screen a question mark icon starts flashing when a new one is added to your mail. I'm pretty sure they can also be added when you clear enemy locations and the fog if eat gets removed from an area too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I cannot get enough of the showdowns or the photo mode.