Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 151 82.51%
No 32 17.49%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Midjack posted:

Shout out to Maxwell was something he definitely needed to include. :chaostrump:

Can't wait for a candid photo from his next press appearance holding a note card printed in giant block letters "DON'T PRAISE CHILD MOLESTERS".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Suicide Watch posted:

In retrospect the marines trademarking their MARPAT doesn’t seem that weird now

We just stole CADPAT and put EGAs on it. The Canadians had this poo poo for years before we adopted it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1285713849405132800?s=20

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Q: Where are all the patriots screaming states rights?

A: It was never about states rights.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Defenestrategy posted:

Q: Where are all the patriots screaming states rights?

A: It was never about states rights.

A very similar thing:

https://twitter.com/BrandyZadrozny/status/1285726300200673286

Going to be one hell of a clusterfuck coming!

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Proactive arrests?

Uh

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They're preemptive arrests, obviously

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

You see everyone is guilty of something, they just may not have commited it yet

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

TCD posted:

Proactive arrests?

Uh

Boy I wonder what the criteria could be for these? Real head scratcher, that.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Milo and POTUS posted:

They're preemptive arrests, obviously

Minority Report 2 looks... dark.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

not caring here posted:

Minority Report 2 looks... dark.

Minority Report 2: Minority Reported

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Suicide Watch posted:

In retrospect the marines trademarking their MARPAT doesnt seem that weird now

There's definitely been cops wearing either legit MARPAT as some sort of gross appropriation and/or blatant violation of uniform regs if they're Reserves, or illegal bootlegs. In both cases seems like maybe some charges should be pressed against them.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I always figured thoughtcrimes would be too outlandish, but 2020 continues to impress.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"As soon as we can get their names..."

I've seen it suggested in several places that graduation photos from LE academies, department websites, interviews, etc ought to be collected and loaded into a facial recognition database, not only to identify uniformed officers but undercovers as well.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Internet Wizard posted:

There's definitely been cops wearing either legit MARPAT as some sort of gross appropriation and/or blatant violation of uniform regs if they're Reserves, or illegal bootlegs. In both cases seems like maybe some charges should be pressed against them.

The funniest thing would be CBP shut down because of a copyright claim by the marines.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

TCD posted:

Proactive arrests?

Uh

In the actual clip, while he uses lovely terminology elsewhere (ie calling graffiti “attacks on federal facilities”), he’s mostly misusing the word proactive and bitching that feds are doing arrests cause local PD isn’t supportive enough in his opinion.

Not quite pre-crime yet.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

mlmp08 posted:

In the actual clip, while he uses lovely terminology elsewhere (ie calling graffiti “attacks on federal facilities”), he’s mostly misusing the word proactive and bitching that feds are doing arrests cause local PD isn’t supportive enough in his opinion.

Not quite pre-crime yet.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Whoa whoa, sounds like someone needs to exercise some thought leadership and circle back to the stakeholders with an update on the deliverables, pronto!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Discussion Quorum posted:

Minority Report 2: Minority Reported

Minority Report 2: Karen

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I'm getting the feeling all these federal troops and state violence is going to get worse as we get to the election and it becomes clearer that trump is gonna lose

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'm getting the feeling all these federal troops and state violence is going to get worse as we get to the election and it becomes clearer that trump is gonna lose

The really comedic thing about it is that all of the swing states (except Texas, lol) have no-excuse absentee voting, Republicans have mostly abandoned it because of Trump's yammering, and Fox Newsers are the most likely to believe that the cities are rioting hellholes. As we've already seen, the more heavy-handed the feds get, the more people end up showing up, specifically to give them the finger.

DC backfired, Portland is backfiring, the other cities will end up backfiring, it's far too obvious that these are cops/feds-induced rioting, and it's just going to sink him even more.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I cannot wait to see the two months of meltdowns between his loss and him having to leave the White House. And watching his supporters scream and cry, and then how many of them start trying to walk back and deny their worship of Trump.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There'll be a lot of abandoned or deleted twitter accounts

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Leavemywife posted:

I cannot wait to see the two months of meltdowns between his loss and him having to leave the White House. And watching his supporters scream and cry, and then how many of them start trying to walk back and deny their worship of Trump.

Really? That timespan is the one that worries me the most, whichever way the election goes.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Can't lose an election if you don't *have* an election. :smugdon:

Godholio posted:

Really? That timespan is the one that worries me the most, whichever way the election goes.

Yeah, I'm sure the guy who's known for stripping his bankrupt/foreclosed properties of everything but the load-bearing drywall isn't going to spend his last two months in office 1) publicly saying he won't leave office, and 2) doing as much damage to the country that "rejected" him before he's forcibly removed.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wait until after the election before predicting his loss imo. I don't trust people to kick his rear end out in November.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Godholio posted:

It is a bit of a worry, really.

But then again, he's proven to be a such a whiny slag when he doesn't get his way that he might just go play golf. Or he might be occupied trying to not go to jail when he gets out. Or maybe he tries to burn the whole country down but all his republicans are running for cover trying to distance themselves from a failed dictator so they've got some vague hope of getting re-elected.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
https://twitter.com/senrobportman/status/1285744085739941888

:ironicat:

I will say that it cheers me up a little that my republican senatefuckler can't even muster bot support; every tweet he makes is just entirely people making GBS threads on him for being worthless.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Leavemywife posted:

... watching his supporters scream and cry, and then how many of them start trying to walk back and deny their worship of Trump.

Trump needs to be the albatross around the neck of anyone who worked with him and his administration for the foreseeable future. If you're a senior .mil or .gov employee and you're confident enough to include the Trump years on your resume somewhere, it better come with receipts on how you were actively protecting your agency or command from the fuckery.

The Never-Trumpers who eventually toed the line should get the Revelation 3:16 treatment regardless

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They're gonna get Stunnered?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Wingnut Ninja posted:

https://twitter.com/senrobportman/status/1285744085739941888

:ironicat:

I will say that it cheers me up a little that my republican senatefuckler can't even muster bot support; every tweet he makes is just entirely people making GBS threads on him for being worthless.

I worry about this poo poo because that is a vote against a second stimulus. They will believe that if they provide further financial aid then people just won't go to work, and people not working have plenty of time to go out and protest.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

The really comedic thing about it is that all of the swing states (except Texas, lol) have no-excuse absentee voting, Republicans have mostly abandoned it because of Trump's yammering, and Fox Newsers are the most likely to believe that the cities are rioting hellholes. As we've already seen, the more heavy-handed the feds get, the more people end up showing up, specifically to give them the finger.

DC backfired, Portland is backfiring, the other cities will end up backfiring, it's far too obvious that these are cops/feds-induced rioting, and it's just going to sink him even more.

Similarly, Trump constantly screaming that mail in voting is as good as handing antifa your ballot, during a pandemic, is effectively agitating to suppress the votes of... republicans

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I'm sure this is fine and in no way portends anything.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...neral-of-china/

quote:

HOUSTON – Houston police and fire officials are responding to reports that documents are being burned in the courtyard of the Consulate General of China in Houston, according to the Houston Police Department.

Houston police say they began receiving the reports that documents were being burned just after 8 p.m. at 3417 Montrose Boulevard where the Consulate General of China is located.

Houston fire officials confirmed they are responding to the scene and HPD officials were needed for traffic control in the area.

A small amount of smoke could be seen and smelled from outside. Dozens of Houston first responders are at the scene.

Videos shared by a viewer who lives next to the Consulate General of China show a fire and activity in the courtyard of the building.

https://twitter.com/KPRC2Tulsi/status/1285772143788261376

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Which Clancy novel is this?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is it like when the Russian consulate burned a bunch of documents in 2017?

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Fallom posted:

There's rumors floating around now that they're being "evicted" as of Friday, though it's hard to imagine on what grounds, and I always thought stuff like repossessing diplomatic property was hellaciously difficult to (legally) do anyway. (I'm assuming the Chinese government owns/built the consulate and isn't just renting a building.)

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Fallom posted:

If you're referring to the one in San Francisco, I'm gonna guess that was electronics as well, given the color of the smoke. Just paper doesn't burn that black.

Porfiriato posted:

There's rumors floating around now that they're being "evicted" as of Friday, though it's hard to imagine on what grounds, and I always thought stuff like repossessing diplomatic property was hellaciously difficult to (legally) do anyway. (I'm assuming the Chinese government owns/built the consulate and isn't just renting a building.)
We did it to 3 Russian consulates in 2017..

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Porfiriato posted:

It’s much easier to simply kick the people out of the country and leave an empty building that they still own rather than seize the property outright. I think the State Department has responsibilities to protect diplomatic properties when they’re empty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Yeah, that makes sense, "evicted" as in the people living/working there, not kicked out of the actual property. I remember reading something a while ago about how DC is dotted here and there with eyesores that have (in some cases dangerously) deteriorated because they're former embassies/residences for foreign countries that no longer use or maintain them, but because for diplomatic reasons it's incredibly hard to repossess them or otherwise force them to be cleaned up.