Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

How is one of your options moving to the heart of the pandemic? Just pick one of the 1,000 minor league stadiums and play there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
How does everyone feel about the runner on 2nd in extra innings rule? I'm somehow just hearing about it today and I hate it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

kolby posted:

How does everyone feel about the runner on 2nd in extra innings rule? I'm somehow just hearing about it today and I hate it.

It's a loving joke. If they wanted to get rid of long extra inning games they should've just done a tie after 10 or 12 innings.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

wait, today is opening day? Then what about those games that already happened?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lmao gently caress the ricketts family and comcast

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Seems like this is something that should have been solved before your so called 'opening day'

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/foxsports/status/1286281346390740993?s=21

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

oh for fucks sake

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

The Wave!
:sickos:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

:rock: OH YEAH FUCKIN FOX SPORTS TO THE RESCUE LOOK OUT MOTHERFUCKERS IT'S VIRTUAL ORIOLES FANS :rock: *screeching guitar solo*

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bird in a Blender posted:

How is one of your options moving to the heart of the pandemic? Just pick one of the 1,000 minor league stadiums and play there.
The Dunedin stadium was just renovated this year and a lot of stadiums would not be good enough to play MLB games on TV (which is what they are saying about the Buffalo option)

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

*slams into Stan Kasten's office, out of breath*

We can charge people the cost of attending a game for the chance to see themselves catching a dinger as their bitmoji

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Just looked at last night's box score and descalso is still on the cubs

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Just play in Buffalo you cowards

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Pretty sure I would rather wander the plague lands of America than live in Buffalo, too.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

The Blue Jays don't know where they'll be playing TOMORROW. Great job MLB.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
N: BASEBALL!

V: This is probably a horrible idea, I'm shocked it's gotten this far and still expect the "season" to get shut down early if it does start.

Mariners View: This is awful. They're still not going to make the playoffs regardless of how many teams are allowed in and even if they do, I'll end up reading 10000 comments about how their God awful playoff drought isn't really over cause getting bounced by a coin flip or whatever as the 23rd seed in a 24 team bracket shouldn't really count.

But, Baseball!

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Bawfuls, you know what's up with Buehler? Somehow he's not ready? I see he's at the back of the rotation for the time being.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Pretty sure I would rather wander the plague lands of America than live in Buffalo, too.

They'd be staying at the Harborcenter Marriott which connects to KeyBank Center, and I'd assume they'd have access to all the workout facilities at both places

And the visiting teams would be staying at the Westin a mile away

There are worse places to quarantine. And if the players are just mad they have to quarantine in the first place, then gently caress them for wanting to spread the plague.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

Lmao gently caress the ricketts family and comcast

Cubs opening day is tomorrow. There's still time to get a deal done!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

This is our hell future

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i'd never seen this before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsZvdU0o-gM

ted williams was so good

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/TheBuffaloNews/status/1286307352283684864

https://twitter.com/ScottyMitchTSN/status/1286304892852867072

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The national broadcast is going to be so horrible tonight

Approximately 1% of it will focus on baseball

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cubs sbnation guy says marquee and comcast will announce a deal tomorrow, again he's a blog dude.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

Cubs opening day is tomorrow. There's still time to get a deal done!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Cubs sbnation guy says marquee and comcast will announce a deal tomorrow, again he's a blog dude.

:lol:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I don’t know if there’s a single person alive I hate more than Chuck Schumer

Bregor
May 31, 2013

R.D. Mangles posted:

This doesn't affect me at all since I'm not in the Chicagoland area but loving lol

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

GalacticAcid posted:

He has a sense of humor

Spot the funny:

https://www.schumer.senate.gov/news...the-2020-season

quote:

Dear Commissioner Manfred,

I write to urge Major League Baseball (MLB) and the Toronto Blue Jays to choose the City of Buffalo and Sahlen Field to play their home games for this abbreviated, but eagerly anticipated, 2020 season. Since it is Opening Day, there is little time for continued deliberation – now is the time to act – and Buffalo is ready to roll out the red carpet and welcome Major League Baseball to Sahlen Field and Western New York.

The partnership between Rich Baseball Enterprises, the Buffalo Bisons, and the Toronto Blue Jays has been strong since their affiliation began in 2013. The geographic proximity to Toronto and the access of Blue Jays fans to their AAA farm team has been beneficial to both cities. Buffalo has a sterling baseball pedigree, but hasn’t hosted Major League Baseball since 1890. It is time to rectify that lost opportunity.

The current ballpark was the precursor to everything from Camden Yards to Progressive Field and has aged very well. Designed with the intention of luring a Major League franchise, Sahlen Field is among the top flight of minor league venues. Having already played host to many of the players currently on Major League rosters, I have no doubt that any logistical concerns could be overcome in time for games to be played. Moreover, as a city, Buffalo has the capacity to host the Blue Jays operation during the duration of the season, and indeed would welcome them with the city’s extraordinary community spirit.

The cancellation of the International League schedule has resulted not only in an empty ballpark, but the loss of dozens of jobs and the postponement of summer baseball at Sahlen Field. The Western New York community is ready to live up to its reputation as the “City of Good Neighbors” and welcome Major League Baseball back to Buffalo with open arms.

Again, I strongly urge MLB and the Blue Jays to choose Buffalo as your home for the 2020 season. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance on this matter or if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Charles E. Schumer

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Slimy Hog posted:

The Blue Jays don't know where they'll be playing TOMORROW. Great job MLB.

Tomorrow they are playing in Tampa.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

GalacticAcid posted:

Man, I wish I too was unaware of Mitch McConnell’s existence.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If the Cubs don't sign a deal with Comcast by tomorrow I'm wondering if my MLB.tv account will work without a VPN since I'm technically out of market despite living only a few miles from Wrigley.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

That's Jon Heyman's music!

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1286318590577213440

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

LeeMajors posted:

Man, I wish I too was unaware of Mitch McConnell’s existence.

I said more than, not “as much as”

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Mayveena posted:

Bawfuls, you know what's up with Buehler? Somehow he's not ready? I see he's at the back of the rotation for the time being.
As far as I can tell he just didn’t throw as much during the shutdown as other guys so he needed more time to build up once things restarted.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

If they play in Baltimore why would you have Buffalo as an alternate training site

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

GalacticAcid posted:

I said more than, not “as much as”

What, your amp doesn't go to 11?

I know the White Sox start off against the Twins and Indians, are most of the teams going against intradivision rivals to start the season? There's potential to build a big lead (or dig a deep hole) right off the bat.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

euphronius posted:

The national broadcast is going to be so horrible tonight

Approximately 1% of it will focus on baseball

TURN THE VOLUME OFF. Just watch the beautiful game of baseball, just like if you were there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mayveena posted:

TURN THE VOLUME OFF. Just watch the beautiful game of baseball, just like if you were there.

Yeah I do that

ESPN tho does lots of split screens DURING THE GAME of talking heads !!