Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

masks at 95% coverage in Morrisons. 25% in KwikFits reception (I was the only 1 out of the 4)

The guy who did my tyres tossed me my keys and told me to keep an eye on my alignment. I've not reached the age where you tend to shift to the tories yet, so a little hurt tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
I went to TK Maxx and they told me at the door that I couldn't try on clothes but I could try on shoes but since I was wearing sandals I'd have to borrow a pair of shoe trying on socks. I just wanted to buy a cake tin.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

what is everyones favourite video game

MY favourite video game is Wind Waker

i have been playing a LOT of Two Point Hospital on the Switch, it's very good and brings out my nostalgia for the game its based on; Dr Mario

I also smashed through Star Wars Fallen Order a few weeks ago, which was very enjoyable and visually amazing despite some graphical glitches that were pretty lol

What about you Bobby's D?

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
My favourite videogame is, topically, Majoras Mask

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Today I learnt that TK Maxx sells cake tins

I thought it was just like Primark

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I honestly don't know what my favourite video game of all time is. Currently playing Dragon Quest XI

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
TK Maxx is like an alternate reality charity shop

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

goldenninjawarrior posted:

I'm going to make baklava next week and bring it to my friend's place and when he asks why I can be like well you said everyone should have some sort of balaclava when they leave the house.

Commitment to the gag.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i like solefald and i like this thread and everyone os going insane right now and it makes me sad

what is everyones favourite video game

Streets of Rage II

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I got a real urge out of nowhere to play Celeste again. I've completed the main game apart from the DLC chapter and got all the strawberries so I'm just dying over and over on the bonus levels now. Picked up where I left off (halfway through 6B), did a couple of screens, might keep going or put it down again for another few months.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ratjaculation posted:

What about you Bobby's D?
i am still doing dailies on animal crossing, but am very much enjoying death stranding on ps4

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

i dunno what my favourite game of all time is but the secret of monkey island is one that i've probably played to completion the most. one of my fav bits from it was the pirate insult swordfighting section, but i played through it recently and when reading the credits i found out the insults were written by orson scott card, which has soured my enjoyment somewhat.

if going by the amount of time put into it my favourite game is probably either gta: sa, or skyrim.

i'm really enjoying the HITMAN reboots atm

these are really normie boring answers but i'm not really into games

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I have been enjoying cities skyline but can't play it right now as I'm banned from the X box. I downloaded a game on my PC called arc something with dinosaurs in it but it's boring. I just put angry birds on my phone to play when I'm hiding but if I knew a better more recent Android game I'd play that instead.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

oh no computer posted:

i dunno what my favourite game of all time is but the secret of monkey island is one that i've probably played to completion the most. one of my fav bits from it was the pirate insult swordfighting section, but i played through it recently and when reading the credits i found out the insults were written by orson scott card, which has soured my enjoyment somewhat.

if going by the amount of time put into it my favourite game is probably either gta: sa, or skyrim.

these are really normie boring answers but i'm not really into games

i'm playing the monkey island 2 remaster RIGHT NOW instead of working

they made it look a bit prettier but its exactly the same game so i remember most (not all because they're obscure as gently caress) of the puzzles

they do have a cool commentary thing that pops up from time to time where tim schafer, rob gilbert etc speak over the scene. it's more fun than reading emails

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

oh no computer posted:

I loved the first new one Hitman 1 aka Hitman 6, but was glad I only payed a fiver for it as there wasn't much to it

The second one, aka the seventh, looks great, but got confused by the PS4 sale. There is a standard edition, a deluxe edition and a gold edition, but it doesn't say what the difference is and my anger at games being sold this way put me off.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

fridge corn posted:

This is not a thread for debating politics. Go to D&D for that. The purpose of this thread is to try to impress one another with our cooking skills and proficieny with a shinai

I made a delicious menemen for the breakfast and stopped the wonky fire alarm test noise by using the shinai, thank you very much :colbert:

Re: Vidya Gaems

That's a tough question and quite relative but I have to go with Eve Online during 2011. The amount of fun and "social" interaction I had during a 2 year period was quite amazing and I swear to god I played the actual game maybe one or two hours a week. The rest was shitposting and localchat (Eve players know what I mean), which was the true goal of Eve. I won at Eve goons by getting banned because of the dumb idiot girl friend I sponsored into the alliance.

Other than that, it's a tossup between Fallout: New Vegas and Baldurs Gate 2. Currently re-installing Disciples 2 Complete for some old school nostalgia :getin:

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 24, 2020

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Ratjaculation posted:

There is a standard edition, a deluxe edition and a gold edition, but it doesn't say what the difference is and my anger at games being sold this way put me off.
It was the most confusing video game I have ever bought. I researched it for days and still don't know if i got the right one.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

crispix posted:

They are meant to go over your mouth op

lol

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

TF2 and Dark Souls 3 have to be up there, given the hours I've put in.

Right now I'm playing DS1 to refresh myself before a DS2 playthrough, because I maintain that it is better overall and want to test that theory.

Edit: actually the best game is Garry's Mod, because Trouble in Terrorist Town, Gmod Murder and Prop Hunt are all absolutely loving top tier if you get some decent mods and add-ons for them.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I've been playing a ton of Path of Exile recently. It's very soothing to walk up to a group of monsters, click the right mouse button, watch them all die in a highly numerically efficient manner, and then repeat the process. Sometimes a number goes up, and who doesn't like that?

I really liked the original Monkey Islands but I hate the HD remakes. Having the dialogue in the originals be non-voiced it leaves it down to you to decide whether a character's being sarcastic or earnest. That ambiguity is really fun, and losing it takes away a lot of what made the humour work. (Also, the game insists on leaving big honking long gaps between the voiced lines and killing any flow that the dialogue has.)

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

16 more deaths reported today but don't worry, no need to wear a mask, everything is fine

(The news ticker on my phone said 132, can't find that number anywhere else though.)

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 24, 2020

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

The pandemic is over, no need to wear a mask

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Looke posted:

The pandemic is over, no need to wear a mask

I wish you'd wear a mask because your face is distracting me 😜

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love my government, they always know what’s best! :downsbravo:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lol Travis Perkins was shut early so nipped to Tesco lol forgotten the bloody thing

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I've put over 1,000 hours into Rimworld, which I feel vaguely guilty about: that's like 6 months playing it 8 hours a day for 5 days a week. I could have spent that time learning a language or something, I dunno.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

I wish you'd wear a mask because your face is distracting me 😜

:wink:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I've been playing a lot of skyrim recently. Of course, I've got it modded to the gills. Most of them were just little gameplay tweaks like SPERG and more interesting loot and tougher bandits. I recently installed some sort of 'more varied enemies' mod and I'm regretting it. It can be a bit jarring when you are out collecting herbs and suddenly run into a rotfiend or nekker from The Witcher 3. I've got to say that the models are pretty well done though.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I also still love Civ 4 and its wonderful World map, which I've played out every conceivable scenario on. Am now tempted to fire it up and see if THIS time, I can win as the Incas, on their godawful starting position.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Witcher 3 made Skyrim unplayable for me.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

Friends

I didnt see it posted but as per every friday, come join us at 8PM for the jackbox of the week

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Pistol_Pete posted:

I've put over 1,000 hours into Rimworld, which I feel vaguely guilty about : that's like 6 months playing it 8 hours a day for 5 days a week. I could have spent that time learning a language or something, I dunno.

I'm the same with The Binding of Isaac . I get into a ridiculous flow state with that game and I'm a little bit ashamed of it, but I look upon it as meditation now. Yep. That's it.

I just got Death Road 2 Canada which is good old fashioned pixelart zombie bashing with a dash of Oregon Trail.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Friends

I didnt see it posted but as per every friday, come join us at 8PM for the jackbox of the week

we are loud, bring drink and your best worst puns

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

favourite games:

Ico,
Cities skylines
witcher 3 is up there for sure but I shamefully haven't finished it

Transistor is a beautiful work of art I will always adore forever

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

Natalie Fartman posted:

we are loud, bring drink and your best worst puns

None of these things are necessary, the first one is actively discouraged and the last one is a bannable offence

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

Orderly, sober, eloquent jackbox then

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Pistol_Pete posted:

I've put over 1,000 hours into Rimworld, which I feel vaguely guilty about

I have 1046 hours in Destiny 2 :suicide:

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My grandad on my mums side it threatening to leave me his kukri (he was in gurka signals).

I do not know what to do with this thing, it is a loving sharp sword by all accounts. Currently my grandad keeps in in the bottom of the wardrobe for 'home defence'. alright gramps

but when he dies what do I do with it? It is a family heirloom, something my grandad earnt. I cant get rid of it in an amnesty/weigh it in for scrap.

can I do what my grandad did, just lie to poils that I don't have an offensive weapon and hide it in a cupboard?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

My parents have my grandad's somewhere. It used to be at the top of their stairs outside the bedroom door. Its probably in the loft now. You could kill someone with it but it would be through the sheer weight of hitting them rather than any kind of slicing or chopping. Never occurred to me we werent allowed this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

he cannot give it to you and if he does, he is the one who will get in trouble

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/knives-and-offensive-weapons-information

the bad news is that if you are given it you can not sell, give, loan or otherwise pass it on to another person

there are weird exceptions for antiques which it might be covered by

but effectively they cannot do you for just having a knife unless it is on the list of banned knives

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 24, 2020