Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Quetzadilla posted:

Would that be before or after the draw on that turn? I'm guessing after?

no, "start of turn" is before you draw (eg. skull of the man'ari pulls a demon before you draw). efb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
They're breaking a lot of unspoken rules with this expansion, and I'm here for it. Even the hand disruption stuff doesn't seem that bad, seeing as it means DH has to drop its more aggressive stuff.

As a hunter fan, they better get stuff as interesting as what we've seen so far.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Wanna joke it just gets Oozed, but even then it's only a 1 mana weapon. Not really a massive setback.

Part of me hopes that this year's Lich King/Zilliax/Siamat is an Orb :v:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
The Orb seems strong, at least for non-weapon using classes. Probably real good if you have it on T1. Cards that address draw inconsistency are neat.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Firebert posted:

First neutral legendary weapon?

first neutral weapon period unless I'm missing something

e: and I'm guessing they just don't give a poo poo about Wild seeing as Druids can break Twig on t5 now

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 24, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Lol at that deck ordering legendary and Holy Wrath

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

e: and I'm guessing they just don't give a poo poo about Wild seeing as Druids can break Twig on t5 now

Blingtron has been a thing since GvG though?

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
This expansion pack is pretty interesting. I like how weird they're getting, and DH might even be something I'll play if they keep going down this path of fuckery being the class flavour.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Firebert posted:

Quest Warlock card?

e: play on the same turn as your Wonderous Wand for some big bombs?

Get a coin with Rogue and play it right before Galakrond?
Alex, Malygos in deck, a combination of Sinister Strikes/Eviscerates in hand?

Bonus lulz if a DH shuffles one of your Big Boys back into your deck with Star Student Stelina before you play this card.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 24, 2020

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

gandlethorpe posted:

Lol at that deck ordering legendary and Holy Wrath

Wow, good catch.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I wonder how that works in-game. Like, I don't think there is any UI that allows you to pick yes/no.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Chernabog posted:

I wonder how that works in-game. Like, I don't think there is any UI that allows you to pick yes/no.

There is. Choose One lets you pick one of two options. Just replace them with yes and no, done.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I guess that works.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

RatHat posted:

Pretty solid.

Alright I guess? There's probably some combo potential with this since the Spellburst is regained when you play it again.
EDIT: Could be good in Libram Paladin since you could get 2 pings a turn(if you have your Librams).

i know what's going in my wild burgle rogue!!!

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Just getting back into constructed after being out for years. Can someone tell me what the finley is doing in this deck? https://hsreplay.net/decks/JJrt2Y8ABQ1JKXik9Yx6tg/

I don't get it, the deck is full of duplicates.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Chin Strap posted:

Just getting back into constructed after being out for years. Can someone tell me what the finley is doing in this deck? https://hsreplay.net/decks/JJrt2Y8ABQ1JKXik9Yx6tg/

He's a murloc with good stats. I doubt that deck ever intends to activate the effect.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Chin Strap posted:

It’s the most murloc hp that you can play for 2 mana

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Am I the only one who thinks that weapon is super strong? Making your deck more consistent is always really good, and it’s only 1 mana.

Also insta include in any wild Druid deck that has Twig.

EDIT: A thought about Lorekeeper Polkelt: Isn’t your deck shuffled whenever something is added to it? Like say Bad Luck Albatross or a Prime. Or all the other cards in this set that do something with your deck.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jul 24, 2020

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

RatHat posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that weapon is super strong? Making your deck more consistent is always really good, and it’s only 1 mana.

It's in that Zilliax spot where it's really good, but not in a way that makes people go "holy poo poo, how did this get printed". It's just a solid card you'll want in a lot of decks.

Besides, it should help slow control decks recover after they lose their hands to Glide, so I appreciate it already.

EDIT: Also, the reveal video for Lorekeeper Polket already confirmed that adding new cards to your deck shuffles them out of the order Polket put them in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXoB1bbpqRk

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

RatHat posted:

Yeah it looks good. Think anything past an Aggro deck will want it.

Funnily enough it's soft anti-Bomb Warrior tech!

Don't really see the Twig combo though. Don't get me wrong it's good, just the current Druid ramp/Avianna + Kun package is already good and very consistent, as opposed to relying on drawing into two specific cards.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 24, 2020

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Julio Cruz posted:

first neutral weapon period unless I'm missing something

Technically it is, but there have previously been neutral cards that would give you a weapon, like Medivh.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Chernabog posted:

One is card face up for select.
One is card face down for reshuffle.

UX master, right here.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Chernabog posted:

You could also use the mulligan system.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I finally got Millhouse onto my most played list. He’s been on my top wins list for months, and I’ve been picking him every single time he was offered. One of these winrates is not like the others.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

How do I roll Octosari from Conjurers Calling on a Mana Giant so freaking often. And this time I had Khadgar up too!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

gandlethorpe posted:

They're breaking a lot of unspoken rules with this expansion, and I'm here for it. Even the hand disruption stuff doesn't seem that bad, seeing as it means DH has to drop its more aggressive stuff.

As a hunter fan, they better get stuff as interesting as what we've seen so far.

At the very least, there's going to be a LOT of dust refunds.

New Legendary just published:

Oh good, MORE help for Priest.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 25, 2020

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Really not a lot of great deathrattles in standard right now, with the glaring exception of most of the Primes from AoO. I'm sure that they will be adding more given that this is a Scholomance expansion, and singleton decks like Mage and Hunter have two of the strongest Primes and already have some decent deathrattles that they can probably string into a package.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
He can summon two boombots!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Also the summons being dragons is not completely inconsequential for hunter and paladin which is kinda neat

e: nm paladin is holding dragons like the others, so just hunter lol

Firebert fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 25, 2020

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Firebert posted:

Really not a lot of great deathrattles in standard right now, with the glaring exception of most of the Primes from AoO.

I was most directly referring to Convincing Infiltrators, but yeah, two more copies of Primes would be pretty broken as well.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Can the Whelps gain the same Deathrattle?

Because Warrior is going to be swimming in Kargath Primes.

This feels like a card that should have been printed in the final set of next year, not immediately after a set with powerful Deathrattle legendaries.

Edit: Some interesting Deathrattles it can hit:

Scrapyard Colossus
Anubisath Warbringer
Coilfang Warlord
Enhanced Dreadlord
Lucentbark (I think?)
Cursed Vargant
Blatant Decoy
Cairn Bloodhoof
Al'ar
Chronobreaker
GREETINGS, FELLOW HUMANS HUHUHUH...
Waxadred
Bad Luck Albatross
All the Primes!
Sahket Sapper
Dragonrider Talritha
Just the many various "Draw X cards" Deathrattles
Kobold Sandtrooper (Me Still Go Face)
Violet Spellwing

Yeah I think THIS is our Lich King/Zilliax/Siamat for the year. Get ready for the Year of Deathrattles.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jul 25, 2020

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Can the Whelps gain the same Deathrattle?.

Yes, but only if that minion died twice. If say you play Vectus after your Kargath dies, one of the whelps gets the death rattle and the other gets nothing. If you copy Kargath with Bloodsworn mercenary, then both whelps will get the effect.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Mage Hunter is a pretty good counter to the whelps.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

No Wave posted:

He can summon two boombots!

Dr. Five!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

At the very least, there's going to be a LOT of dust refunds.

New Legendary just published:

Oh good, MORE help for Priest.

at least the whelps pollute the rez pool I guess

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I just lived the dream:

Only some hydras were missing for the perfect comp.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/hstopdecks/status/1287070586045370368?s=21

Scaling dreadlord effect for mage/shaman, seems just ok

https://twitter.com/hstopdecks/status/1287070819273904128?s=21

And an extremely powerful anti-aggro yeti for Druid/Shaman

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
wow Groundskeeper is ridiculous

wonder if Kael Control Druid is going to become a thing in Standard

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Both of those cards are very good

Groundskeeper is obvious but Ras has some aspects to it that people might not see right away. Cards that remove and develop at the same time have been historically great in mage. Because that's one of their weak spots. They can blow up all your stuff but just stay stuck in a loop if they can't develop something at the same time. This card is already good at base and sticky with six health. It can lock you out of the board if it sticks for a turn and the mage then plays some form of spell damage behind it. Not saying that it's busted but it has some scary scenarios for board-centric decks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Ras is somewhat conditional but don’t underestimate just how overpowering that effect can be even with just a +1 applied to it. Baron Geddon has been used in the past as a board control tool for control decks, and turning that into an effect that only hits enemies improves it dramatically. It’s not hard to create situations where the opponent just has no counterplay to it, staring at a hand full of minions that they can’t play because Ras just kills them for free.

edit: I think it’s more powerful in Shaman than in Mage because the hero power can spit out a +1, but it could very well be good in both.