Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

What counts as a "quickscope" kill? Like I guess you have to have a scope

Use marksman rifles with something like the VLK. It’s basically just a kill that happens if I’m not mistaken within a very short timeframe of aiming down sight with a given rifle. Not sure the actual parameters but it’s fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Even red dots count for quickscopes. I just did it with a kar in shoot the ship core.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I think it’s a kill within 1 second of aiming down the sight. I accidentally unlocked the Rytec grinding out the mk2 camos.

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
Can someone recommend a good Fal build? I'm thinking about running with with and HDR so close - medium range. Is building for hipfure wise?

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Dial M for MURDER posted:

Can someone recommend a good Fal build? I'm thinking about running with with and HDR so close - medium range. Is building for hipfure wise?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fart Car '97 posted:

The stories are fundamentally about western exceptionalism and the good guys losing temporarily exists only to set up the foil of "(our) best are better than (your) best"

No way dude. The games overwhelmingly portray the US military as incompetent, ineffective, easily deceived and corrupt. Even on the Price side of the story, 141's intel is nearly always late or wrong or tampered with. You're shown breaking international laws and committing acts of treason and this is before the team goes awol. It's not at all charitable.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Any tips for cheesing "two finishing moves in a minute"? Just run around dead silence and get lucky? What mode is best maybe?

edit: nm shipment is the answer. shipment is always the answer

appropriatemetaphor fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jul 25, 2020

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008

Pivo posted:

FAL BUILD

Hey thanks, I'll give that a try tonight. Coincidentally that is the camo I run on almost all my weapons, nice choice.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

CJacobs posted:

No way dude. The games overwhelmingly portray the US military as incompetent, ineffective, easily deceived and corrupt. Even on the Price side of the story, 141's intel is nearly always late or wrong or tampered with. You're shown breaking international laws and committing acts of treason and this is before the team goes awol. It's not at all charitable.

They portray US Military leaders as ignorant/corrupt as a means to distance the common soldier (with whom the vast majority of their audience associates) from the decision making process so they can advance a plot in which they can show off just how good at war they are. It's not relevant that the military as a whole or it's leadership be portrayed as good or smart -- you aren't playing as the leadership.

The only story they tell is that no matter how dumb/oblivious/contrived/corrupt the 'major players' are, you, the Red Blooded, God Fearing living embodiment of Western ideals of grit and freedom, are better than the best the bad guys can throw at you. Shepherd would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those nosy kids the infallible western soldier. Everything they do is just window dressing on the same jingoistic plot. It's the plot from The Rock. Over and over.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 25, 2020

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

What counts as a "quickscope" kill? Like I guess you have to have a scope

you're half way there

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I am not good please stop matching me against full clans of sweats in core. I am simply trying to shoot mans not get drop shotted every five seconds.

Also teammates please stop leaving because we are getting stomped.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The grenade launcher is such a trap. It’s such a worthless pile of crap.

And my brain is still trained from how good the war machine was in Blackout so I always pick it up and always regret it when it gets me killed.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fart Car '97 posted:

They portray US Military leaders as ignorant/corrupt as a means to distance the common soldier (with whom the vast majority of their audience associates) from the decision making process so they can advance a plot in which they can show off just how good at war they are. It's not relevant that the military as a whole or it's leadership be portrayed as good or smart -- you aren't playing as the leadership.

The only story they tell is that no matter how dumb/oblivious/contrived/corrupt the 'major players' are, you, the Red Blooded, God Fearing living embodiment of Western ideals of grit and freedom, are better than the best the bad guys can throw at you. Shepherd would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those nosy kids the infallible western soldier. Everything they do is just window dressing on the same jingoistic plot. It's the plot from The Rock. Over and over.

The infallible ideal western soldier who, in the same game, dropped an emp nuke on the country under seige that he works for. Yeah alright dude

My first thought when the very next scene shows the ISS getting blown away into space dust was not "phew, thank goodness we have people who are willing to do what needs to be done".

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

space is evil so

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
how do people go prone at the drop of a hat and maintain aim I don't get it

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Do you have to wait for the scope to scope in entirely then shoot? Or shoot while it's scoping? Need 3 in a minute and i think doing zero?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ripley skin is too powerful.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/JadedCraftyGavial-mobile.mp4

https://gfycat.com/jadedcraftygavial

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
I'm really glad hardcore is back. Never liked my COD in any other mode - hardcore truly makes every gun viable and interesting. Also less killstreak crap.

It's odd that CoD is actually good after 10 years of bullshit releases.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Does the stuff I unlock and level up on the Xbox one version carry over if I play war zone on the Pc? It seems like it does because it’s one unified account but I’m not 100% sure

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I knew people were saying the FAL was good but holy gently caress, its an absolute monster even in core. I built a spam build of an FAL and akimbo M19's and went 117-44 on shipment. Only issue with the build is that it cramps my hands after a little while from mashing the triggers so much.

Edit: rolled with a FAL squad and got the entire enemy team to quit. This has to get nerfed so enjoy it while it lasts.

Live At Five! fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jul 25, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah the FAL is comically OP right now. I think the only thing keeping it from being the thing literally everyone is using is how much people don't like semi auto in this game.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Do you have to wait for the scope to scope in entirely then shoot? Or shoot while it's scoping? Need 3 in a minute and i think doing zero?

It's within a second of scoping. In other words, it's pretty generous. As long as you're not camping, chances are you'll get it.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah the FAL is comically OP right now. I think the only thing keeping it from being the thing literally everyone is using is how much people don't like semi auto in this game.

theres absolutely 0 reason to use an EBR compared to FAL rn it seems

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I got my first warzone win (solos obvii because i am not a degenerate) and you dont even get an emblem or something????

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Dial M for MURDER posted:

Hey thanks, I'll give that a try tonight. Coincidentally that is the camo I run on almost all my weapons, nice choice.

It's also my favorite camo, every time I try to switch I come back right to the fire.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
gently caress yo rover

https://i.imgur.com/O3t4Nm0.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
also I had some weird hosed up lag last night

https://i.imgur.com/PManvsh.gifv

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

CJacobs posted:

The infallible ideal western soldier who, in the same game, dropped an emp nuke on the country under seige that he works for. Yeah alright dude

My first thought when the very next scene shows the ISS getting blown away into space dust was not "phew, thank goodness we have people who are willing to do what needs to be done".

That is quite literally the point of Price dropping an EMP. If you can't see that, there's no discussion to be had here.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

moist turtleneck posted:

I had that in Warzone and managed 6 kills between lag spikes before the server finally gave up.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

moist turtleneck posted:

matrix online lookin good

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
FAL makes this unplayable right now. :(

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

moist turtleneck posted:

Not gonna lie, I'd absolutely love being able to pause and explore match playbacks, especially on shipment.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Black Griffon posted:

Not gonna lie, I'd absolutely love being able to pause and explore match playbacks, especially on shipment.

"my exhaustive research confirms every time i died it was to a hacker"

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

gonna do long term research on just how much the lamest people on Shipment spend prone in a corner

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Do any of the operator skins you can buy come with missions like the normal battlepass ones?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
oh yeah this was another strange game

https://i.imgur.com/3yUWUuu.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/ST20hRx.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/HnMMxWy.gifv

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

It annoys me they had a cool as hell replay feature way back in BLOps 1 but couldn't be bothered to do it for MW

I want to be able to zoom in on my throwing knife kills I get by randomly throwing them from halfway across the map and hitting someone's ankle

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I kept killing some child in Shipment, who had voice coms on, with the throwing knife and it was the best day I've had in a while

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Good soup! posted:

It annoys me they had a cool as hell replay feature way back in BLOps 1 but couldn't be bothered to do it for MW

I want to be able to zoom in on my throwing knife kills I get by randomly throwing them from halfway across the map and hitting someone's ankle

Yeah I miss the theater so much. Especially on xbox where the capture options are so lovely I stopped even trying to record cool poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Shadow play loves capturing “Popcorn” kills even though by the nature of it I’m like halfway across the map when they happen.