Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bowsette lost last month's poll
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 211 46.27%
Bowsette, but a SUPER horny version to piss more people off 126 27.63%
vTuber Bowsette (Also horny) 51 11.18%
Kirby, but sexy like Bowsette 41 8.99%
Bowser 27 5.92%
Total: 456 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

Square Enix throws away all of their production material as soon as the game is out so the PS1 FFs will just look like poo poo forever because the original assets are gone and all that's left are the SD scans from the games themselves.

Meanwhile Nintendo has apparently been storing every single idea and unusued drawing anybody has ever had for the pas 50 years in a well organized file system

Nintendo of Japan's website is a perfect example of this.
You can navigate to their old-rear end geocities-style n64 games page from their main site by scrolling down and clicking on the sitemap link in the bottom right corner.
All the pictures on the pages load as well. Its a pretty great time capsule
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/hardware/index.html
The n64 page is literally 'n01', and the game boy page is 'n02'. And if you navigate to the smash bros section on the n64 site, the old blog sakurai made for the game all those years ago is still perfectly preserved.
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Now would have been a great time to have Camp Hyrule come back

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Another good pizza (no pics this time), I found some smoked sausages while I was out shopping so I put some of those on there. I had been using a "no-knead" dough method for this batch but I suppose I will try kneading next time if I want better dough development. It seems pretty relaxing an activity anyway.

I did burn my thumb on the pan and there's a blister but luckily it is more to the side rather on the pad of my thumb so there should be no impediment to my gamer thumb

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

FirstAidKite posted:

Please someone share the uncompressed recordings of everything the Macbeth train engineer says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE1pKOJY66U&t=1039s

17:19, if the starttime didn't work.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

beta pogeys

I am desperately trying to convince myself not to buy this as an av

god i hate probopass and his stupid face

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

:sickos:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Grapplejack posted:

beta pogeys

god i hate probopass and his stupid face

i think lickilicky must have had an ancient power dinosaur evolution at first or something

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Here come the lil' hyenas now

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Trying to spread my theory that the leak is almost entirely legit stuff except it was done by an ex Nintendo employee who put fake Luigi data in sm64 just to enjoy the show off the internet having a meltdown about it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

that would be a good av it freaking owns

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SeXReX posted:

Trying to spread my theory that the leak is almost entirely legit stuff except it was done by an ex Nintendo employee who put fake Luigi data in sm64 just to enjoy the show off the internet having a meltdown about it.

Nah the sm64 decompilation project already found evidence of a scrapped two player mode

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/RocknRami/status/1287021233759027201

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

cheetah7071 posted:

Nah the sm64 decompilation project already found evidence of a scrapped two player mode

Things don't have to be correct or have any base in reality to get spread did we not just see 343 come out and debunk a random YouTuber make baseless claims about there not being multiplayer on launch?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SeXReX posted:

Things don't have to be correct or have any base in reality to get spread did we not just see 343 come out and debunk a random YouTuber make baseless claims about there not being multiplayer on launch?

They've already found evidence of 2P in the SM64 files.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Dorks

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

L is real

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

if only i could have all four as an av

i know i'm shouting into a bucket here but this kind of poo poo shouldn't be leaked, it should just be available at some point after these games come out

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Relax Or DIE posted:

i know i'm shouting into a bucket here but this kind of poo poo shouldn't be leaked, it should just be available at some point after these games come out

yeah, it belongs in a museum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

Put all 4 on the same line, and then enclose them with the [Cascade]

You'll end up with all 4 scrolling right to left and it'll look dope

(Check VGs AV for the right string)

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
good tip, i might do it tonight

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

nintendo is as bad as disney when it comes to poo poo like this tbh

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

good tip, i might do it tonight

I am the master of AV rearrangement :ninja:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

nintendo is as bad as disney when it comes to poo poo like this tbh

Protecting their intellectual property?

Like I absolutely love this stuff as a game fan, but this is straight up a security breach of stuff that was never meant to see the light of day.

They're under no obligation to the general public to ever release this stuff.

The full CVS of Mario 64 is in the leak. You can compile the Space World beta builds if you wanted.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Here come the lil' hyenas now

I can hear his voice so clearly in my head

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

There's lots of companies who would gladly be just as litigious about leaks had they not immediately deleted all of the files once the game went gold

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Protecting their intellectual property?

It goes a little beyond protecting their IP when it comes to things like copyrighting anything that seems related to the product. Of course, that's not the same as a situation like this where they're dealing with leaked files rather than just copyrighting everything.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

https://youtu.be/SE1pKOJY66U?t=405

Aww man, the line @6:45. That feeling when you realize the boss in Japan is called HVC-09, a different incarnation of HVC-012, which was R.O.B.'s identification number. R.O.B. was created by Gunpei Yokoi, who left the company in 1996, this game came out in 1997. Meaning the robot in-game is literally asking where THE creator went.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

starfox ahegao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think they meant keeping culturally relevant historical stuff hidden away in a vault where no one can see it not the going after IP stuff, but also that stuff sucks too in this posters opinion

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All art should be shareware

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The time is right for sharepunk to become a thing

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ymgve posted:

starfox ahegao

:chloe:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

cant abolish capitalism without abolishing copyright

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

cant abolish capitalism without abolishing copyright

Soviet Union says otherwise

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So uh I just checked my psp after the news reports and the battery had popped out on it's own and swollen right up. Shocked me a little when I picked it up.

If you have one stored somewhere you should check on it.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Waiting for the inevitable "only 7 out of my 16 PSPs had it so the reports of the issue being widespread are exaggerated at best"

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Finished Carrion. Controls are a bit awkward, and the game could really have used a map, but it's a good little 4 hour game

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

A Sometimes Food posted:

So uh I just checked my psp after the news reports and the battery had popped out on it's own and swollen right up. Shocked me a little when I picked it up.

If you have one stored somewhere you should check on it.

this happened to my family because we get part of our internet from a Verizon personal hotspot and the first one we got lasted a couple years until it stopped working because the battery had expanded so much that it wouldn't charge any more, because they weren't meant to be plugged in all the time.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roth posted:

Finished Carrion. Controls are a bit awkward, and the game could really have used a map, but it's a good little 4 hour game

I'd have a trouble justifying paying full price for it but it was a great game pass game (or eventually from a sale I guess).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

hmmmmm board games in a new bookcase

mmmmmm