Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
A 5 speed 325e does a quarter mile in about the same time as that Camaro lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Godholio posted:

It takes a few miles for a 3rd Gen Camaro to get there.

Literally three miles.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

That thirdgen is fuckin rad and you guys are big meanies

gently caress that price tho lol

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Oh, if it was a late-third-gen IROC with a transplanted LS2 or something I'd be drooling all over it (but not at that price).

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I still have an irrational lust for a GTA.

And a somewhat more rational lust for the rare Turbo V6 GTA.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

shy boy from chess club posted:

That thirdgen is fuckin rad and you guys are big meanies

gently caress that price tho lol

I wasn't necessarily talking poo poo about the car itself.
Mostly that its like from just about the bottom of the automotive dark ages.
Its in dope condition and I'd probably drive it, but the price is outrageous.

I'm willing to shamefully admit that I'd rock a same year Mustang with the 200Cid. six.

Dr. Memory
Jul 10, 2001

Ah, fuck the end of the world.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/d/olympia-1991-toyota-sera-rhd-jdm/7163294742.html

1991 Toyota Sera rhd 5 speed manual. Low miles , runs and drives great! Very rare car and fun to drive. I have to many cars and need to sell one so I can get a 54 Chevy. You can google specs on google this car is all stock except for the rims steering wheel and wood shift knob, also has the super live surround sound system that was an option for these cars. $11500 obo. If this listing is up it’s still available. I will take it down when the car sells. I have a clean title in hand

That's ... pretty out there for a Toyota.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I love the almost all glass bubble top half.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Dr. Memory posted:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/d/olympia-1991-toyota-sera-rhd-jdm/7163294742.html

1991 Toyota Sera rhd 5 speed manual. Low miles , runs and drives great! Very rare car and fun to drive. I have to many cars and need to sell one so I can get a 54 Chevy. You can google specs on google this car is all stock except for the rims steering wheel and wood shift knob, also has the super live surround sound system that was an option for these cars. $11500 obo. If this listing is up it’s still available. I will take it down when the car sells. I have a clean title in hand

It's basically a Tercel with gull wing doors

Dr. Memory
Jul 10, 2001

Ah, fuck the end of the world.

Mr. Apollo posted:

I love the almost all glass bubble top half.

As do I.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBK0EJinEbs

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Dr. Memory posted:

Hell yeah, the Sera owns because it's ~exotic~ but mechanically boring as gently caress, kinda like some sort of Japan take on the De Tomaso Pantera. As mentioned it's a Tercel or Paseo underneath that funk. 5 speeds are quite uncommon. At that mileage it's probably a decent price maybe, especially because now more people appreciate them than ever before. I've actually got a 5 speed on the way and should have it here in a few weeks, also a 5 speed. Pretty stoked because the doors of course, but the first car I drove for any length of time was a 91 Toyota Tercel DX and it will be a treat to be in the same car of a sorts again.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Dammit I think I found real gold and it'll probably be gone by the time I can drive to Tampa to see it :negative:

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Godzilla07 posted:

Dammit I think I found real gold and it'll probably be gone by the time I can drive to Tampa to see it :negative:

Sometimes I really wish that my frontal lobes were non-existent and I would already be on my way as I am calling the selling 6 hours away. Now I'm like debating it for a week and the car is gone.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Godzilla07 posted:

Find a florigoon to look at it

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Edit wrong thread

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 26, 2020

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

Godzilla07 posted:

IMO that's an ok deal depending on milage, but a Porsche with electrical gremlins scares me.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/d/portland-1995-ford-taurus-sho-5-speed/7166039312.html

I'm 3000 miles away but I'd head to the bank and take out 2500 for that.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Plinkey posted:

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/d/portland-1995-ford-taurus-sho-5-speed/7166039312.html

95 5 speed is fairly rare. Miss mine.

God that engine looks like pure sex in the engine bay. Pictures don't do it justice.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Yeah man, tubes gently caress yeah

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Plinkey posted:

:same:

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Speaking of odd people on CL, what's up with people messaging you to critique your price or ad?

I'm selling an 09 Indian Chief, which is a somewhat niche cruiser that I've slightly overpriced, but I'm not in hurry to sell. I wake up this morning and get this message, apparently sent at around 1 AM.

" A giant turd, much like the excelsior-henderson...good luck buddy...high performance? As if..."

WTF?

Who sits up in the wee hours looking through CL to message people that the bike they are selling sucks?

Here is the bike for reference:

PeterCat fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 30, 2020

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

PeterCat posted:

Speaking of odd people on CL, what's up with people messaging you to critique your price or ad?

I'm selling an 09 Indian Chief, which is a somewhat niche cruiser that I've slightly overpriced, but I'm not in hurry to sell. I wake up this morning and get this message, apparently sent at around 1 AM.

" A giant turd, much like the excelsior-henderson...good luck buddy...high performance? As if..."

WTF?

Who sits up in the wee hours looking through CL to message people that the bike they are selling sucks?

Here is the bike for reference:

lmao

A couple years ago I was selling my 91 Honda Acty, a kei van because I'm the JDM import guy. Because it was my personal vehicle it wasn't tied to our then-brand new dealership. There was one dude that messaged and said, *almost* verbatim because I don't have the email anymore:

"Do you really want to be known as the guy that drives a tiny van?"
I emailed him back: "Uh dude, I'm married."

He didn't respond.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I liked when some jackass played twenty questions with me on a pair of F150 new headlights with new bulbs. I think the grand total I was asking was $30. Then he attempted to do the swap outside my driveway (the job is harder than it looks) to verify I wasn't ripping him off.

It was one of those being interviewed by the Secret Service for $30 bucks or just tossing decent stuff in the trash moments. I chose wrong.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I put up an ad saying I needed a fridge delivered to my house for around $300 since I didn't have a truck in Florida. Some lady emailed me saying how she just paid $1000 for her fridge, blah blah and my post was insulting. Mind she wasn't selling anything she just said that out of nowhere. By the time I got her email I had already got an almost brand new fridge delivered for $200 so I let her know that and to enjoy her $1000 one. Like what the gently caress are people that bored?

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Doesn’t Facebook restrict the price range you can set for vehicles? I found somebody selling a pretty nicely done GC8 Impreza L wagon track car with a built EJ255 and 6 speed. He said he couldn’t list for his (in my mind, fair) asking price of 11,000 because Facebook wouldn’t accept that value, so he had to list it for 1100 and put the real price in the ad text.

On the other hand, I see people post stuff for 123,450 dollars all the time.

Also, the fact that everything defaults to automatic if you don’t select a transmission type, and search sucks, really makes me hate FB market place. But it gets a ton of eyes so people use it.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I put an ad on Craigslist once for like three free broken windows AC units and said that they would be on the curb of the alley beside my house at 8 am x day, some metal recycling guy knocked on my door at like 630 while I was still sleeping to ask if I was the guy with the free AC units... He had to have knocked on other neighbors doors to find me because my house isn't directly attached to the alley, cl people are weird.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Plinkey posted:

I put an ad on Craigslist once for like three free broken windows AC units and said that they would be on the curb of the alley beside my house at 8 am x day, some metal recycling guy knocked on my door at like 630 while I was still sleeping to ask if I was the guy with the free AC units... He had to have knocked on other neighbors doors to find me because my house isn't directly attached to the alley, cl people are weird.

I assume you told him no, you're not the guy.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Well he could see three ACs stacked up behind me just inside the door so it was kind of obvious

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

KakerMix posted:

lmao

A couple years ago I was selling my 91 Honda Acty, a kei van because I'm the JDM import guy. Because it was my personal vehicle it wasn't tied to our then-brand new dealership. There was one dude that messaged and said, *almost* verbatim because I don't have the email anymore:

"Do you really want to be known as the guy that drives a tiny van?"
I emailed him back: "Uh dude, I'm married."

He didn't respond.

"and she *likes* my tiny van, thankyouverymuch."

i own every Bionicle posted:

Doesn’t Facebook restrict the price range you can set for vehicles? I found somebody selling a pretty nicely done GC8 Impreza L wagon track car with a built EJ255 and 6 speed. He said he couldn’t list for his (in my mind, fair) asking price of 11,000 because Facebook wouldn’t accept that value, so he had to list it for 1100 and put the real price in the ad text.

On the other hand, I see people post stuff for 123,450 dollars all the time.

Also, the fact that everything defaults to automatic if you don’t select a transmission type, and search sucks, really makes me hate FB market place. But it gets a ton of eyes so people use it.

I've seen that - I think I posted one of theme her last week or something. I dunno. I've never tried to list a car (yet.)
And, yeah, CL charging for auto ads moved a lot of people to FB Marketplace. One heck of an unintended side effect.

Plinkey posted:

Well he could see three ACs stacked up behind me just inside the door so it was kind of obvious

I would have been tempted to say "yes - and they'll be in the alley at 8, like I said", close the door, and go back to sleep.
On the other hand, he was already there, and you needed poo poo gone.

I'm having the opposite problem. Dude paid via Venmo for a display cabinet I was selling, and has yet to pick it up 3-4 weeks later. I don't want to keep pinging him, but I want the damned thing out of the garage - that's why I sold it. Trying to MarieKondo this poo poo.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Darchangel posted:

I'm having the opposite problem. Dude paid via Venmo for a display cabinet I was selling, and has yet to pick it up 3-4 weeks later. I don't want to keep pinging him, but I want the damned thing out of the garage - that's why I sold it. Trying to MarieKondo this poo poo.

He already paid, it's his property and it's taking up space in your garage... you could just tell him it's going on the curb in 3 days. If he wants to treat you like a storage facility, he should drat well pay for the service.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Darchangel posted:

If you want to be nice you could list it for sale again and refund the guy when it gets sold out from under him.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

He already paid, it's his property and it's taking up space in your garage... you could just tell him it's going on the curb in 3 days. If he wants to treat you like a storage facility, he should drat well pay for the service.

Yeah, basically. I don't want to be bitchy, but hey, I don't want this thing here.

i own every Bionicle posted:

If you want to be nice you could list it for sale again and refund the guy when it gets sold out from under him.

If it comes to that.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Plinkey posted:

cl people are weird.

I believe this thread was formerly named “Craigslist Gold - I’ll pay you in human teeth”.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

Darchangel posted:

I sold the Volkzda's bumpers and some extra seals to a guy in Florida several weeks ago, already paid $400 for it all. He is going to arrange shipping and have it picked up from my workplace. Haven't heard a word.

As far as craigslist goes I must be a lucky motherfucker because out of the dozens (hundreds?) of things I've sold over the years I've never had one single really bad experience. Unless you count the usual scammy poo poo and that I used to have Yahoo mail and it would randomly dump CL replies in the spam folder, sometimes in the middle of a back-and-forth email chain.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I'll never forget the guy who bought my mower. Listed for $50. He offers $20 and a vacuum. I decline, he points out everything wrong with it and $40 with the vacuum. I tell him I don't want the vacuum, so he counters with $40 and no vacuum. Off it goes into the back of a 1992 Dodge Caravan in sunbaked burgandy. He says I'm missing out, he gets a lot of pussy by selling vacuums on Craigslist.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Did you take him up on that?

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Yeah the only way I can tolerate selling on Craigslist is to price everything firm and pre-specify time and place for meeting, or they can find it at Goodwill.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

When I had a lawnmower posted on CL, I’d wake up in the morning with several emails sent at 3 or 4 am from people saying they were in the neighborhood and wanted to stop by check it out.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Maybe I just hate money but if I don’t want something I tend to give it away to someone who needs it within reason. Busted old Pontiac 389 and trans? Donated to the High Schools auto shop. I just can’t be dealing with morons on CL or Facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

BigPaddy posted:

Maybe I just hate money but if I don’t want something I tend to give it away to someone who needs it within reason. Busted old Pontiac 389 and trans? Donated to the High Schools auto shop. I just can’t be dealing with morons on CL or Facebook.

That's the way I am with garage sales. Geesus cripes, yes offer me 25 cents for the 50 cent cup. Nah, I'd rather give stuff away.

And good on you donating that. That will change and shape a lot of kids futures.