Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

"I'm the one doing all the work around here" is specifically the line that Yunamon's face soured on. She was all for someone dunking on Emi and Mei up until her own tag partner merc'd her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Promotion of the year contender right here

https://twitter.com/oystersearrings/status/1283749924891496448

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

How long does each batch of Emi’s trainees tend to stick around? According to cagematch it seems like a lot of the wrestlers in Choco Pro are rookies with less than a year’s experience. Does there tend to be high turnover in Gatoh Move or did there just happen to be a big wave of new folks coming in the last couple years?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Insertnamehere31 posted:

How long does each batch of Emi’s trainees tend to stick around? According to cagematch it seems like a lot of the wrestlers in Choco Pro are rookies with less than a year’s experience. Does there tend to be high turnover in Gatoh Move or did there just happen to be a big wave of new folks coming in the last couple years?

I think Emi only just started training people in Japan again, Gatoh Move was for a long time based in and focused on Thailand while doing the occasional show in Japan.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
She was training people (Yunamon and Mitsuru came earlier plus there were foreigners who went to Gatoh Move years before that in order to train with Emi) but the Darejo system is relatively new and that's where pretty much all of their recent talent has come from. The Gatoh Move-Thailand deal is slightly exaggerated: originally they did a lot more there but by the end they were running at least once weekly (usually more) at Ichigaya and had regular bigger shows, which the Thailand stuff was only a few shows a year.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It's live RIGHT NOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD1JlMl5VPQ

Mitsuru made them do an extra long squatting song for MIND GAMES

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Neodoomium posted:

It's live RIGHT NOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD1JlMl5VPQ

Mitsuru made them do an extra long squatting song for MIND GAMES
The second I tuned in, Akki accidentally smacked Lulu's leg into a light fixture but thankfully, it's the one that has already been broken like four times.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Emi pinned Tokiko in like 90 seconds and now Otoki-san is GOING BERSERK

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Really really fun main event. Mitsuru is on a roll lately.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yunamon can hold a grudge, their match on the next show could be a real banger.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It rules that enough of us watch and enjoy ChocoPro to get their matches into our match of the year thread

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Anyone have details on what happened?

https://twitter.com/emisakura_gtmv/status/1285965557133524993?s=21

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/Mitsuru_gtmv/status/1285967175035961350?s=20

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

i'm sorry to say that I still don't understand what is being said in the tweet nor do I understand its context.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I didn’t watch it but mitsuru and yunamon were streaming together earlier. I’m guessing yunamon said something harsh since they have a match coming up. mitsuru kinda brushed her off when they teamed to beat pencil army so I assume it has something to do with that.

Emsee
Jun 17, 2005
Hmm...
I'm not 100% sure, but as far as I can gather Mitsuru and Yunamon have been having talks before their potential match, to try and understand each other better. To avoid a situation like how she was angry with Mei, I suppose.

The talks went well enough that Emi and Akki thought they may not even end up having the match since they were becoming good friends, or at least it wouldn't be as intense a fight as they expected. (This is why Emi said she added other matches to the card)

However, in the most recent talk Mitsuru seems to have inadvertently insulted Yunamon, which is why she's upset. That she failed to understand her.
Akki translated the last meeting here
https://youtu.be/uJG8mRWBcO4?t=2944

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

ChocoPro 34 is live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaBGPOz2HeE

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

this is intense

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

great main event. gently caress yeah.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Yunamon and Mitsuru did great, bathroom shenanigans aside...And now Akki vs Mitsuru for the next show. Totally understandable given how Mitsuru didn't let him put his hand in that circle.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

They have been building some low-level heat for weeks. Mitsu lamented that "some guy from India" was getting in the main event before she was and Akki responded by saying that he gets main event spots because he "isn't boring."

Also one of these days they're going to put a sugar glass window pane in and blow all of our loving minds

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I was genuinely concerned that they would have broke that window during the main event.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Emi cannot possibly be kidding when she looks that pissed off any time someone bonks into that storefront window for any reason.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Lulu Pencil pulling out credible (for her) offense is a sight to behold.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Akki vs. Mitsuru is NOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miar6dXAUh4

e: rough match for them to have streaming issues for

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 26, 2020

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

yeah, the match looked like it was good, but man, it was like watching large pixels fight at some points in the match.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Lots of people yelling about it in chat but like, what do you expect Lulu Pencil to do about it?

Akki seems to handle all of their tech issues and he was busy at the moment!

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

it's just unfortunate, not blaming anybody

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yeah that wasn't directed at you. There were people in chat that just couldn't let it go. Even if the bitrate was lousy you could still more or less see what was going on so I was fine.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

On a positive note, the match was good and a lot of people donated or became chocochinos throughout the match.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

Anyone know if they’ll be putting up the full show archive at any point? They have the main event up with the streaming issues fixed, but nothing else.. the watch party is also just the main event from what I can tell.

E: the link in the post above still works, maybe they just delisted it or something

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Anyone know if they’ll be putting up the full show archive at any point? They have the main event up with the streaming issues fixed, but nothing else.. the watch party is also just the main event from what I can tell.

E: the link in the post above still works, maybe they just delisted it or something

That Chocopro only had that match scheduled. Emi and Lulu were only talking at the beginning of the show and there were no other matches and I'm not sure if they would re-upload Emi and Lulu's dialogue.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 26, 2020

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

That Chocopro only had that match scheduled. Emi and Lulu were only talking at the beginning of the show and there were no other matches.

Ah, ok thanks for the heads up. Just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss the squats and Janken tournament lol

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

There was a Janken Tournament and Mitsuru won who then split the chocolate to share with Akki. They were the only contestants in the tournament.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
https://twitter.com/uma73/status/1287646673540280320?s=20

Only the one scheduled match at this point (on the 23rd August against Akira Francesco; the Italian dude that is based out of the All Japan dojo who's great, really good match) but I imagine that this is a very exciting thing for Akki and if it works well possibly a path to more All Japan dates which would be big.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Has Akki appeared outside of Gatoh Move/Choco Pro?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

TV Zombie posted:

Has Akki appeared outside of Gatoh Move/Choco Pro?

he's worked ddt

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

He also works HEAT UP

Good for Akki! I know he's having fun hanging out with Mei and Emi but working in a larger company is why he came to Japan in the first place.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I hope that he can still be around chocopro when he can. I think that his translations/commentary and interactions during the shows and watch parties have helped to build the international fanbase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Montsuru v. Best Bros and Pencil Army: Infinity War were both legitimately great matches.

Lulu gets better every match and they've really started to find her stride in what she can do with her limitations. It's so fun to watch.

Also: Best Recurring Bit has to be "Otoki-san monkey flipping Akki into the wall"