Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
A while back I asked here if Monster Train is easier (on starting difficulty) than Slay the Spire. People said yes. Of my first 3 run I managed to win the second two when I never came even close during ~15h with Slay the Spire. So, for those who said yes, I definitely agree and you were right. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The two games are honestly completely different. I don't know if the difficulties are that comparable. It's almost like asking is Doom as hard as Starcraft. It can really depend on which game clicks better for you.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

sebmojo posted:

I'd look at steam controller settings first, they can be a little hegemonic

Yep, this was it. I couldn't figure out how to remove the desktop settings so I just hid the device in the general settings and that worked.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

bamhand posted:

The two games are honestly completely different. I don't know if the difficulties are that comparable. It's almost like asking is Doom as hard as Starcraft. It can really depend on which game clicks better for you.

That's a little disingenuous, it's more like asking is StarCraft like command and conquer, or is Doom harder than Unreal if you want more separation. They're both deckbuilding game based around a 3 energy system sharing, damage per turn and some similar keywords and mechanics, they're mechanically similar games. They have more in common with each other than they do with OG deckbuilder Dominion, where you have one Play and one Buy and your engine builds off that.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I really don't think they're similar at all beyond picking from a pool of stuff that you want to use and being turn based. Monster Train is a tower defense and Slay the Spire is an RPG. In my mind they are way further apart than C&C and Starcraft are. Maybe more like comparing Warcraft 3 and DotA.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
ddid you ever wanted to gently caress a cthulu??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPaWZMexb0A

Mordja fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 28, 2020

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Why can't they make a normal sex game with normal people having sex with each other

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013

Mordja posted:

Think I'll pass on the badly animated cthulu erotica, thanks Movie Games Lunarium. Setpieces look nice at least.

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

Flimf posted:

finally a good cosmic horror game

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Anno posted:

The Kickstarter for Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is live if anyone is interested in crowdfunding a Suikoden looking game from some of the folks who brought you Suikoden.

quote:

Why does this not have 108 characters?
What a strangely specific number. 100 characters is quite a lot, but who knows what mysteries could be hidden within the campaign’s stretch goals. Wouldn’t it be cool if the campaign even allowed for backer participation in determining additional characters?
haha, ok i'm in.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kickstarter backer characters, ohh boy

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Hwurmp posted:

You'll play and you'll enjoy piss wizard goddammit

His favorite food is asparagus obviously.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 28, 2020

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Suikoden but every character is one of the self-inserts from Pillars of Eternity

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Waylanders alpha is about to come out.

The good thing about Kickstarter is that you can surprise your future self with new games to play.

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

The good thing about Kickstarter is that you can surprise your future self with new games to play.

unless the game you backed is "That which sleeps" then you can only suprise yourself with eternal dissapointment.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Hwurmp posted:

lol guess we are getting some lovely fursonas as characters in the game.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Flimf posted:

unless the game you backed is "That which sleeps" then you can only suprise yourself with eternal dissapointment.

Just forget that you ever backed it in the first place and this won't be a problem [guy tapping head meme]

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

bamhand posted:

Slay the Spire is an RPG

What the gently caress? This isn't even close to being right.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Samuringa posted:

What the gently caress? This isn't even close to being right.

I just meant the combat is similar to a turn based RPG while Monster Train is more like a tower defense. To highlight how different the games are even though they are turned based and involve drafting.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Flimf posted:

:argh:

(Honestly more of a :nallears: at this point.)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Phlegmish posted:

Why can't they make a normal sex game with normal people having sex with each other

I’m pretty sure there are a bunch of those on steam already.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Odd question: Any US goons willing to sell me their Steam Controller wireless dongle? Mine has been lost and even though Steam Controllers do bluetooth now, my motherboard has pretty pitiful integrated bluetooth which renders it functionally useless. Thanks homies!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Phlegmish posted:

Not quite KS but I apparently paid in for a collector's ed of Indivisible

I don't... even actually remember what the game is, is it good? I like the box art :kiddo:

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Mordja posted:

Total ripoff of Succubus Garfield & Cthulhu Offers. Absolutely shameless.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Mordja posted:

Someone more talented than me needs to gif the graphic plunging of the penis into whatever that is.

It just feels like it sums up 2020.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I thought this meant they were planning to implement a button for trying out games for two hours without having to jump through the buy/refund hoops to do it, which I would be honestly kind of excited for. I'm disappointed that they didn't.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Only tangentially related, but where's the best place to ask about getting some half decent modest PC speakers? I should probably stop buying Logitech since I can't seem to get any without some loose wiring issue of some kind, my old ones suited me fine for years til the balance started screwing up, then the last two I bought both had a low key buzzing issue that nothing could do anything about.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Only tangentially related, but where's the best place to ask about getting some half decent modest PC speakers? I should probably stop buying Logitech since I can't seem to get any without some loose wiring issue of some kind, my old ones suited me fine for years til the balance started screwing up, then the last two I bought both had a low key buzzing issue that nothing could do anything about.

I feel Logitech is pretty much getting really poo poo these days and are starting to coast on name-rec. The last couple of years especially so, their production QA/QC and build quality (or component quality) has taken a huge dump in an effort to cut costs and chase higher quarterly profits. I just recently had an absolute hilariously garbage RMA experience too that had me going "are you loving kidding me right now?" out loud to what they wanted me to do as my Logitech Wireless G Pro mouse is/was having issues with double-triple clicking everytime I tried to single-click that started like 5 months after I bought it, and it ain't a cheap mouse.

I don't have an answer for you but Wirecutter (despite having some major flaws that i'm sure goons will quickly kramer in point out) is probably a good place to start and see what your price range is: https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-computer-speakers/ Other than that you can hop into SH/SC and Inspect your Gadget

e: here you go, this is the thread you want https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3444077

Xaris fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jul 28, 2020

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

So it looks like they released an actual alpha in EA, which like, kudos for accuracy but oof is it not leaving a good first impression. I'm keeping it wishlisted but gonna forget about it for another year or two. poo poo is roughhhhhh.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jul 28, 2020

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Ghost Leviathan posted:

What setup do you want?

If you're looking for simple stereo, I can recommend the rather cheap ones from Bose

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/computer_speakers.html

Their quality is way ahead of Logitech in that price segment. Obviously they're not going to blow your mind, but I found them sufficient when not playing with headphones.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
For good audio quality even when playing games, I would personally always recommend something with a separate bass.

Kind of sad to hear that Logitech's quality has gone down the drain that hard. The set of speakers I've been using for over ten years now is still doing great and shows no signs of stopping.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I usually go for the cheaper end with a subwoofer, I've got plenty of room behind my monitor. I'm Australian for the record, so my options may be limited. The cheaper brands my usual store has include Edifier and Creative.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Mordja posted:

This video has been removed for violating YouTube's policy on nudity or sexual content :eyepop:

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I think I glimpsed some polygonal tits on one of the monsters

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Hwurmp posted:

I feel this gimmick hurt Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark a little, in the aesthetic cohesion department. It's super obvious when the portrait artist was working on an original character and when they had to work off of a photo-reference, and the two styles weren't exactly harmonious. Kind of wish they'd had just worked off of one style, either photo-references all the way or asking backers for a character descriptions and then having them fit with the original ones.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Hwurmp posted:

Guaranteed to have that boomerang guy from Shovel Knight and Valdis Story... Did he get into any other games since then?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Looking forward yo trying Othercide tonight. Anyone here already give it a go?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Its bad OP

Darkest Dungeon grinding/team leveling with non-randomized dungeons

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

anilEhilated posted:

Guaranteed to have that boomerang guy from Shovel Knight and Valdis Story... Did he get into any other games since then?

Put THE BAZ in notSuikoden, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Krazyface posted:

I think I glimpsed some polygonal tits on one of the monsters
i saw a fully modelled penis being inserted into some kind of monster orifice