Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
after some further thought, I'm gonna place my bet the deimos bosses are going to be railjack focused. :yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Yeah that is what some tubers were saying..if so RIP me

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm curious if corpus are going to be tied into the storyline for deimos. These all probably got connected already, but I get a kick out of grasping at straws and noticed during today's sortie the one mobdef looked vaguely similar.

quote:

Parvos Granum: "Some doors ought to remain closed? That's not in my world view. Fire. Fusion. Void. Progress always comes entangled with risk, with violence. With the precious sample obtained, development is accelerating. The Entrati have kept their secrets long enough."

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Someone on the official forums pointed out how Steve and Rebecca were unable to finish the Duviri paradox due to not having access to the office due to Corona. Most likely it's just because there's data saved in the office, but it also makes me wonder why they can't just take work home (security reasons of course) and if that's the case, do they really have enough resources at home to do something on the scale of an entirely new open world

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
They've repeatedly mentioned not having (among other things) access to their recording studio and mocap facilities. Not the kind of stuff you can just throw in a backpack and play around with in Steves living room.

Who knows how that relates to Duviri or whatever the leaks indicate (i'll just wait a few more days to see without having to speculate), but if a lot of the new content includes characters doing stock library dance animations while calling you from their mobile phones, that might be why.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Oh yeah that's a good point. Still makes me wonder if Heart of Deimos is really going to be the next open world, if they can't get sound and mocap for a Cetus/orb Vallis type place. I'm betting it's an event, or maybe a Cetus invasion. Each day we're getting closer and closer to Starcraft

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

If it's not the next open world-style area and is just going to be an event, all those ores and gems that got datamined are going to be a real pain in the rear end to deal with lol

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Fortunately, if there's a faction that can get away with distorted/low quality voice and inhuman animations, it's Infested.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
So I beat up an emo nerd and took his bow. I've now got a 112.5% critical chance on it, and 2 pieces of the vigilante set equipped (10% chance to upgrade crits). I realize the chance of a red crit is fairly small. I'm not completely sure, but I think it's literally 1.25%. If my math is accurate upgrading Point Strike to max and slotting another piece of Vigilante (Which would require a forma or potato: Serration, Point Strike, and Vital Sense at max, plus Supplies and Armaments both at rank 1 comes to 31 with polarities) would only get that chance to like 2.6%. That seems like a lot of work for not much result, which feels accurate when dealing with percents of percents.

Is my math accurate? Is there something better than Point Strike out there, or something that stacks with it for crit chance to maybe get red-crit chances into double digits? Contrariwise, there's probably a 50% base crit chance gun that's not a dang bow or sniper rifle and wouldn't make me hate myself to level.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
You can use https://overframe.gg/ to calculate this sort of thing.

Dread is very much a crit-focused weapon, but getting red crits isn't really something you rely on unless you have other, non-modding bonuses piled on, like from a warframe power or an Adarza kavat. You're not going to be replacing Point Strike.

e: The Vigilante set bonus is a lot more marginal and not really worth seeking out for its own sake. A lot of builds end up running Vigilante Armaments (and sometimes Vigilante Supplies in the exilus slot), but in both cases it's more for the core function of the mod than the bonus being especially desirable. (And they're usually the first ones you would replace once you have access to a good riven, a utility mod you're willing to give up some damage for, or rare event-only mods.)

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jul 28, 2020

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Dareon posted:

So I beat up an emo nerd and took his bow. I've now got a 112.5% critical chance on it, and 2 pieces of the vigilante set equipped (10% chance to upgrade crits). I realize the chance of a red crit is fairly small. I'm not completely sure, but I think it's literally 1.25%. If my math is accurate upgrading Point Strike to max and slotting another piece of Vigilante (Which would require a forma or potato: Serration, Point Strike, and Vital Sense at max, plus Supplies and Armaments both at rank 1 comes to 31 with polarities) would only get that chance to like 2.6%. That seems like a lot of work for not much result, which feels accurate when dealing with percents of percents.

Is my math accurate? Is there something better than Point Strike out there, or something that stacks with it for crit chance to maybe get red-crit chances into double digits? Contrariwise, there's probably a 50% base crit chance gun that's not a dang bow or sniper rifle and wouldn't make me hate myself to level.

With Point Strike and a riven Dread can easily reach upwards of 190% crit chance.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Played with a dev tonight on the Switch, glad to see they play on the Switch lol. She was super friendly and chatted with us a little.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Does anyone have a breakdown on how blood rush actually, uh, works? I implemented that Baruuk/ Blood Rush / Gladiator Set / Helios-Deconstructor build posted earlier (I've got a nice shaku riven with range and combo efficiency, so I can get to 12x in about 30 seconds) and it's wonderful, but it's made me realize I don't know poo poo about Blood Rush.

As I understand it, the Blood Rush crit bonus applies to ALL melee weapons - so while Desert Wind itself cannot equip the mod, your regular melee weapon CAN, and the crit bonus applies to BOTH regardless of which weapon is 'out'/equipped.

Now, this crit bonus is melee exclusive, right? It doesn't apply to primary or secondary weapons, as far as I can tell, but does it apply to Excal's Exalted Blade as well, or Atlas' Landslide? Khora's Whipclaw? I know landslide as it's OWN combo multiplier, but the buff is still in effect, so to speak.

(I guess exalted blade is kind of a moot point, since a Sepfahn zaw with Exodia Contagion is better in almost every conceivable way, but still)

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 29, 2020

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

It doesn't work on exalted

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mesadoram posted:

Played with a dev tonight on the Switch, glad to see they play on the Switch lol. She was super friendly and chatted with us a little.

Helen's the Switch player there, she does the Wednesday Switch stream as well.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Dareon posted:

This guy's videos are really good deep-dives on particular weapons, which also explain many of the concepts along the way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttXwmp0rOJw

The tl;dr is, you build it to deal crit and throw hunter munitions on there. Then everything dies to massive slash procs.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Dread already has a massive bias towards slash, and the vast majority if targets will likely be oneshot. Hunmun is a waste of a slot on bows.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

And Tyler Too! posted:

Dread already has a massive bias towards slash, and the vast majority if targets will likely be oneshot. Hunmun is a waste of a slot on bows.
If you watch the video, he purposefully dispels this POV, by comparing the dread with it on, off, and then built around the procs.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Khablam posted:

This guy's videos are really good deep-dives on particular weapons, which also explain many of the concepts along the way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttXwmp0rOJw

The tl;dr is, you build it to deal crit and throw hunter munitions on there. Then everything dies to massive slash procs.

Thanks for this, I need to look up the Tenora build, because i built it years ago and i thought it was worse than useless.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

And Tyler Too! posted:

Ever since DE removed the 4x weighting on physical damage procs, it is very, very difficult to reliably get slash procs the honest way. Conversely, it is much easier to get elemental procs.

Just putting on 2 dual stat cold/toxin mods gives +120% viral damage, which means that 54% of the time you get any status proc, it will be a viral. And you only have a 36% of a slash proc on a status proc.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Just started playing again after a long break. I've forgotten entirely what most of my builds are or what I was working on. Muscle memory for movement is still mostly there at least?

Edit: D'oh, and I forgot Zenurik dash, I knew there was a reason my Volt felt weak.

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 29, 2020

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

Ever since DE removed the 4x weighting on physical damage procs, it is very, very difficult to reliably get slash procs the honest way. Conversely, it is much easier to get elemental procs.

Just putting on 2 dual stat cold/toxin mods gives +120% viral damage, which means that 54% of the time you get any status proc, it will be a viral. And you only have a 36% of a slash proc on a status proc.

You're missing my point. Fishing for procs on a weapon designed to oneshot is a pointless use of a modslot. Make the bow hit harder. Hunmun shines on bullet hoses where the avalanche of crits can make the slash procs snowball out of control.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

You can, you know, just mod for slash!

The physical elements really need dual status mods tho.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

IPS / status mods wouldn't be a bad idea but the real problem is that elemental damage mods and IPS damage mods work in completely different ways. The former take the total base damage of the weapon and add that much of the new element, the latter only multiply the particular element.

For example (made up numbers, but to give you an idea) if you have a gun that deals

100 impact
100 pierce
100 slash

a 90% toxic mod is going to add 270 damage, while a 90% slash mod is only going to add 90.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

McKilligan posted:

As I understand it, the Blood Rush crit bonus applies to ALL melee weapons - so while Desert Wind itself cannot equip the mod, your regular melee weapon CAN, and the crit bonus applies to BOTH regardless of which weapon is 'out'/equipped.

Blood Rush only modifies the weapon it's equipped on and it cannot be equipped on Desert Wind. Gladiator set bonus is the same effect as Blood Rush and it does works across every melee weapon you have equipped, including Desert Wind, but that's specifically because it's a a set bonus. Sets typically have mods that go in different parts of your loadout, so the set bonus has to act as a sort of aura that applies to everything you're using.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Steel path released on console and it's pretty fun. Just finished earth, vay hek is terrible.

The junctions are rough though. The one with Mag kept nearly one shotting my sacrificial / adaptation Atlas. I end up cheesing all the junctions I've encountered by using the Rumblers as a distraction and meat shields.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I have a feeling that Steel Path junctions, once I get there (Seems kinda unobtainable now, I struggle on level 50s), will still be susceptible to the Tesla Nervos+Flechette Mine spam I cheesed most of them with normally. Granted, I did have an issue or two with getting one-shotted before the Nervosii could get to the specter.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

slow_twitch posted:

Yeah that is what some tubers were saying..if so RIP me

I asked for jacking advice upthread and it is indeed not hard to get it going by joining pubbie groups. At least this week with do 8 railjack missions for nightwave. One of the groups last night was perfect. Dude at the helm posted once to let him know of we want to go to the dock and than proceeded to shred everything all by himself from the helm. There was no point going into space or manning the guns, he just blew everything up. At one point I just got up, made myself some tea and a sandwitch while the dude done the 8 missions, brought us to the dock and left.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Sekenr posted:

I asked for jacking advice upthread and it is indeed not hard to get it going by joining pubbie groups. At least this week with do 8 railjack missions for nightwave. One of the groups last night was perfect. Dude at the helm posted once to let him know of we want to go to the dock and than proceeded to shred everything all by himself from the helm. There was no point going into space or manning the guns, he just blew everything up. At one point I just got up, made myself some tea and a sandwitch while the dude done the 8 missions, brought us to the dock and left.

ah the good old tether combo.

how did he deal with the crew ships?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sekenr posted:

Yeah, that's mostly how RJ rolls. Ideally there is one in the crew to use the big guns and press the forge buttons at intervals, but unless there are away objectives there is nothing really to do for at least two players.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

And Tyler Too! posted:

You're missing my point. Fishing for procs on a weapon designed to oneshot is a pointless use of a modslot. Make the bow hit harder. Hunmun shines on bullet hoses where the avalanche of crits can make the slash procs snowball out of control.
You can't make the dread one-shot that tier of enemy, you can make it's damage plus the slash procs one-shot them. That's the point of the video/build.
If you're just looking at star-chart tier enemies, then sure it will do it without.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

TheParadigm posted:

ah the good old tether combo.

how did he deal with the crew ships?

He just blew them the gently caress up with some sort of death beams. I am new to jacking so don't know what it was, sorry

E: Actually even the side cannons when I bothered to man them damaged crew ships pretty significantly

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jul 29, 2020

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

genericnick posted:

Yeah, that's mostly how RJ rolls. Ideally there is one in the crew to use the big guns and press the forge buttons at intervals, but unless there are away objectives there is nothing really to do for at least two players.

You say that like looking at pretty space explosions and serenading the bridge with your shawzin is "nothing to do."

I must just not be getting the right RJ pilots. Usually I blow up at least half the fighters on the turret, I'm the only one I ever see down in the forge, occasionally I need to put my coat on and blow up the crewships myself because our weapons can't cut it, and sometimes I beat a boarding party to death one at a time, very slowly.

At least we've only blown up once, and that was when our pilot took what felt like a brand new railjack into Saturn orbit with zero materials so I couldn't actually fix a hull breach.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Sekenr posted:

He just blew them the gently caress up with some sort of death beams. I am new to jacking so don't know what it was, sorry

E: Actually even the side cannons when I bothered to man them damaged crew ships pretty significantly
Only the forward artillery can actually destroy them without boarding, which are indeed awesome death beams.

But yes, the upgrades you can get on a RJ make the side gunners redundant in a mission whose objectives are just fighters and crew ships, and where the ship's equipment is a high level.
Some missions do require 3 people to be optimal though.
The things that need to happen in a mission with a boarding objective are:
- piloting
- using the artillery
- manning the guns for fighters / incoming boarding parties
- repairing the ship / repelling raiders who got on
- forging materials used
- doing the away mission objectives / blinking around space to collect drops

The last one is dependent on the mission type, and some of the others can be combined. If you're just starting out with your own, and/or the people you're with don't have high level intrinsics themselves, you'll want 3 or 4 people to cover everything that needs to happen.
If you randomly joined an Earth node, and someone was insta-wiping everything, then they were no doubt doing the NW objective as quick as possible themselves.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Dareon posted:

You say that like looking at pretty space explosions and serenading the bridge with your shawzin is "nothing to do."

I must just not be getting the right RJ pilots. Usually I blow up at least half the fighters on the turret, I'm the only one I ever see down in the forge, occasionally I need to put my coat on and blow up the crewships myself because our weapons can't cut it, and sometimes I beat a boarding party to death one at a time, very slowly.

At least we've only blown up once, and that was when our pilot took what felt like a brand new railjack into Saturn orbit with zero materials so I couldn't actually fix a hull breach.

I mean, once you have a maxed RJ and maxed intrinsics there is not a lot of reason to go back. And while it is theoretically good credits, there is no guarantee that you will get a pub that uses the main gun or doesn't use the side turrets to destroy your tethers.

genericnick fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jul 29, 2020

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

e: The Vigilante set bonus is a lot more marginal and not really worth seeking out for its own sake. A lot of builds end up running Vigilante Armaments (and sometimes Vigilante Supplies in the exilus slot), but in both cases it's more for the core function of the mod than the bonus being especially desirable. (And they're usually the first ones you would replace once you have access to a good riven, a utility mod you're willing to give up some damage for, or rare event-only mods.)

The only time I build specifically for the Vigilante Set is for an Artemis Bow on Ivara. Since that pulls your Vigilante Set bonuses!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I just went for a stroll on the Plains to cap out my Vasto and got three little Excaliburs (MR 0-3) trotting along behind me like ducklings. At first I was like "Man, you guys are not powerful enough to be out here without a high-level chaperone." Then I realized. I'm MR 10, I am the high-level chaperone. Felt weird. We took down a Tusk Thumper, and I learned that Hall of Mirrors makes Mirage really good at shooting down Dargyns with a revolver.

Idle thought: I wonder if anyone's ever leveled all the MR 0 weapons (hard mode: and frames) before taking any rank up tests.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I've seen people play MR0 (as in, never take the first test) for as far as they can. I've even seen "MR0 CLAN" tags. I can't say why (besides terminal boredom/curiosity?) but as far as "has anyone ever done <x>" goes, that's usually a relatively safe bet in warframe.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

And Tyler Too! posted:

If you're doing starchart on normal mode, sure. But Dread doesn't oneshot poo poo without slash procs vs beefy armored boys over level 100, and Hunmun is a noticeable improvement in its killing power.

You apparently didn't watch the video that the OP posted, but Leyzar literally addresses this exact topic at length in his video and tests the bow:

-with viral / with hunmun
-with viral / without hunmun
-with heat / with hunmun
-pure phys + hammer shot / with hunmun

The worst performance by far was the build without HM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Leyzar also famously hates Hunter Munitions as a playstyle choice; if he's advocating for it, you know he's reluctantly admitting to the truth.