Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Ratjaculation posted:

Yes but not for bats

shhhh

let me believe that everyone in this thread is the guy who's somehow related to the big boss and so gets given the job of "Jimmy, you're in charge of this tree, make sure it doesn't go anywhere or cause any trouble"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the DOS2 starting island is fine once you realise that the game expects you to abuse the gently caress out of teleport and you should get it for every character. Its practically a necessity to beat the final boss lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

MikeCrotch posted:

I am annoyed that Path of Exile and Pillars of Eternity both exist, have the same initials and are both rpgs

Whenever anyone says path of exile I immediately think of those old top down freeware crpgs from the mid 90s

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Jose posted:

the DOS2 starting island is fine once you realise that the game expects you to abuse the gently caress out of teleport and you should get it for every character. Its practically a necessity to beat the final boss lol

You can get a teleport glove almost immediately too

I'm debating getting the first one on PS4 too, but it's never gone below £35

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

ah cool the govt are giving away £50 vouchers to get your bike serviced, which mine has needed for a while. except they're only giving away 50,000 of them on a first come first served basis. and releasing them just before midnight. brilliant idea this.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

If aren't fit enough to fill in your details in the 3 minutes before the vouchers disappear then you aren't fit enough to deserve to survive Corona imho

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Meat Wagon posted:

It's both!

Happy birthday to you too Dysgenesis! :toot::toot::toot:

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

I'm 41 😞

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

did a bike ride in dartmoor. it was good

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I don't get DOS2. I've been playing it over the last month on ps4 and I'm still waiting for it to click. I'm on the second island and the difficulty has spiked ridiculously and my melee fighter gets one shot in the first round of every fight. I've pretty much given up on it as not for me. The load times on ps4 are ridiculous too.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Meat Wagon posted:

I don't get DOS2. I've been playing it over the last month on ps4 and I'm still waiting for it to click. I'm on the second island and the difficulty has spiked ridiculously and my melee fighter gets one shot in the first round of every fight. I've pretty much given up on it as not for me. The load times on ps4 are ridiculous too.

don't know if it's like the original DOS, but if you do dir /w it'll show all your files in one place

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Meat Wagon posted:

Go back to the ship, respec two people to Lone Wolf, and then just go ham. It makes the game significantly easier. If you don't want to do that, just do a bit more exploring. The level ranges on the second island are quite broad, and chances are you're trying to go somewhere you're not meant to be.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Theres something about those text heavy crpg type games that I find deeply unappealing. I loved baldurs gate and ice wind dale as a kid but I cant imagine playing those types of games now

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Meat Wagon posted:

This is why I think it's a better co-op than a single player game. There are some fights that are ridiculously hard and half the fun was trying to work out how to overcome them. Alone, I would probably have given up.

Also, I went for a run today and lost my keys. I had to hunt through a stinging nettle patch to find them. Never wearing those pants to run in again

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i am not having a good mental health day at all but i musiced my way out of it so for that at least i am proud of myself

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i am not having a good mental health day at all but i musiced my way out of it so for that at least i am proud of myself

sorry to hear that b.dlx and well done. im having a little wobble myself

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

if you are able i highly recommend putting some headphones on and having a good cuddle with a dog

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

fridge corn posted:

Theres something about those text heavy crpg type games that I find deeply unappealing. I loved baldurs gate and ice wind dale as a kid but I cant imagine playing those types of games now

I can invested in RPGs where you have a top down perspective, I just feel so far away from what's going on.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

In a layby at 3am with a group of people

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Now sat in a field looking at another tree

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

batting with a side of dogging

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Meat Wagon posted:

You should focus your entire party into either physical or magic damage because until armour breaks CC effects don't work and they're very important. You're should to scout out fights before you get there to setup where you place people for an advantage when they start.

But if you're doing all that and still not enjoying it then why go insane continuing?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I have a friend who played xbox 360 games to completion with the achievements, half of them he didn't enjoy but did it as a completionist.

He knocked up an 18 year old when he was 32, so yeah. Achievement unlocked.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

sometimes i like to imagine ratty is sitting in a field watching me

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

The say you are never more than 6 feet away from a ratty

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

:swoon:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's "six inches inside", actually

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it's "six inches inside", actually

Once again, men are held to unobtainable standards.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

topaz downunder bareback

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

LOL my work are forcing everyone back in on Monday - 400 people trying to get through a single double door to clock in at 9 am

Going to be a laugh

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

might apply for an ma today lads

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

on a similar note of self improvement really hoping to recover from this banging hangover later today

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

might apply for an ma today lads

best of luck op. what in?

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

What's an ma?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Business management and accounting for the freelance sausage stuffer.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Master of the arts. The masters level qualification for anything without its own subset.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

My MA cost me a letter and a cheque for 20 quid

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Oh fair enough good luck op

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

feedmegin posted:

My MA cost me a letter and a cheque for 20 quid

my ma cooks me dinner sometimes

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

best of luck op. what in?
creative writing

i did a ba in it 10 years ago and one of the lecturers i liked is now programme leader

the formal deadline is way past but facebook is still giving me ads saying its not to late to apply etc

when i did my ba i circumvented ucas by applying directly as a mature student so am hoping it might work this time as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Mature student sounds very assuming