Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
OP as long as you aren't planting COMMUNIST weeds like goddamn motherfucking no good piece of poo poo motherfucker SHEEP SORREL you are actually A-OK. I am sorry for roasting you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Lol @ all the goons afraid of plants and/or china

I wish I was given the opportunity to grow a real bioweapon in my backyard, instead I just have deadly nightshade (tomatoes) and hot peppers

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Sheep Sorrel is a communist."
What an awesome opening statement in a botanical description.

Also; "if you've got a little plant [that] tastes like vinegar[...]" is great advice. Literally any time you find a new weed or plant growing in your yard or pasture and you think to yourself "Hello, what's this?' Eat all parts of it immediately.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

oh god this poo poo is everywhere. this is why you don't plant weird seeds.

500excf type r posted:

I wish I was given the opportunity to grow a real bioweapon in my backyard, instead I just have deadly nightshade (tomatoes) and hot peppers

lol at you, donkey brains

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Big Beef City posted:

Also; "if you've got a little plant [that] tastes like vinegar[...]" is great advice. Literally any time you find a new weed or plant growing in your yard or pasture and you think to yourself "Hello, what's this?' Eat all parts of it immediately.

Read the book to identify the plant so you don't die

book: No picture required red + vinegar tasting l

okay it tastes like corndogs, what plant is this?

book: you have eaten Datura you can expect extreme delirium and is often considered an unpleasant experience even from people who intentionally consume it for these effects.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

500excf type r posted:

Invasive species are a massive problem that cost us billions of dollars a year as a country to keep at bay, and we'll likely never get rid of them even after spending that money.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

At least it's not loving WILD GARLIC.

OP are you growing this poo poo too?????????????????????

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Biohazard posted:

Invasive species are a massive problem that cost us billions of dollars a year as a country to keep at bay, and we'll likely never get rid of them even after spending that money.

Spending billions of dollars a year to fight an unwinnable war lol

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
america really likes forever wars

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

You know a weed is bad when the person dunking about it in writing has to self censor

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Do not defame the thistle, symbol of my people

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

500excf type r posted:

Spending billions of dollars a year to fight an unwinnable war lol

yeah you're right, we should just let them destroy ecosystems. For example, we should just totally let the nations lakes and wildlife associated die off cause of some weed some loving idiot introduced to the environment either on purpose or by accident. Don't worry everyone, we'll save some money and forums user 500excf says it'll be fine and will not have a cascading effect on related ecosystems over time :jerkbag:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I loving hate weeds. I am going to shoot all the weeds with my giant gently caress off Texas Walker Ranger colt blackpowder revolver. I am going to make the weeds cry. I am going to reenact my favorite God of War 3 boss battle with my machete on the weeds. I will run over the weeds with my jeep. I will unleash a plague of goats running freely in the fields eating all the weeds as I jerk off from my porch. I am going to get on some old army surplus rickety shitbox contraption of death bulldozer and proceeded to run over, mash, and pretty much make salads right there in the field, screaming about bulldozing them goddamn weeds and bull dozing plants and laughing maniacally, then decide would be cool to go and basically do "donuts" or spin the treads of the bulldozer over the smashed shot carcasses of the recently living weeds.

gently caress you op and your weeds.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Biohazard posted:

yeah you're right, we should just let them destroy ecosystems. For example, we should just totally let the nations lakes and wildlife associated die off cause of some weed some loving idiot introduced to the environment either on purpose or by accident. Don't worry everyone, we'll save some money and forums user 500excf says it'll be fine and will not have a cascading effect on related ecosystems over time :jerkbag:

I was going to correct my username in your post but thinking about it, I really, really, want my name to be 500excf type r-word now

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

EorayMel posted:

I loving hate weeds. I am going to shoot all the weeds with my giant gently caress off Texas Walker Ranger colt blackpowder revolver. I am going to make the weeds cry. I am going to reenact my favorite God of War 3 boss battle with my machete on the weeds. I will run over the weeds with my jeep. I will unleash a plague of goats running freely in the fields eating all the weeds as I jerk off from my porch. I am going to get on some old army surplus rickety shitbox contraption of death bulldozer and proceeded to run over, mash, and pretty much make salads right there in the field, screaming about bulldozing them goddamn weeds and bull dozing plants and laughing maniacally, then decide would be cool to go and basically do "donuts" or spin the treads of the bulldozer over the smashed shot carcasses of the recently living weeds.

gently caress you op and your weeds.

You could do all that or you could just use round-up. Sure it'll give your cancer-aids, but you just gotta weight that against how much you want to get rid of weeds.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

you have to be extremely sincerely donkey brained to not think that invasive species are a "big deal"

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

500excf type r posted:

I was going to correct my username in your post but thinking about it, I really, really, want my name to be 500excf type r-word now

that is honestly an improvement.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
gently caress you weeds! I’m coming for you!!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Kill white[y] snakeroot

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Sex Skeleton posted:

gently caress you weeds! I’m coming for you!!

You and I irl on our way to gently caress up some weeds:

https://cdn.kapwing.com/final_5f219ae75321000015a4f2b5_945196.mp4

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Biohazard posted:

Maybe local wildlife will evolve to deal with it and we'll get new species ever think about that? HUH wise guy? We might have squirrels that eat Bamboo in 10 years if we just let it happen. That's how long evolution takes right? A decade or two?

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

pixaal posted:

Maybe local wildlife will evolve to deal with it and we'll get new species ever think about that? HUH wise guy? We might have squirrels that eat Bamboo in 10 years if we just let it happen. That's how long evolution takes right? A decade or two?

Eating bamboo is only a stepping stone to eating human bones. Trust me, we should NOT be trying to save pandas you lunatic.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

dont plant the weird seeds
dont even feed them to a bird

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mods please rename me "White Snakeroot" with a custom title of "Down with Milk Sickness" and an av that properly reflects these changes.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Big Beef City posted:

Mods please rename me "White Snakeroot" with a custom title of "Down with Milk Sickness" and an av that properly reflects these changes.

If you had any gumption, you'd start forcing everyone in your real life to call you White Snakeroot.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

OMFG FURRY posted:

no because kudzu will win that fight every time and choke out everything else while only being palatable to goats

1. Breed goats to eat the Kudzu
2. Make dairy and meat products from the goats
3. Side quest complete!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

GolfHole posted:

dont plant the weird seeds
dont even feed them to a bird

can I crush them turn them into flour bake bread with the flower then feet that bread to my dog?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

pixaal posted:

can I crush them turn them into flour bake bread with the flower then feet that bread to my dog?

According to the NYT' you're supposed to bag them up in a separate Ziploc bag and wash your hands and send call the local department of ag to pick them up.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

pixaal posted:

as long as you bake it, yes, sure.

though you'll still release spores if there are any

so idk whatever man just ziploc em and give em to some university

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

:thejoke:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

oh

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

EorayMel posted:

OP's expectation on getting mailed chinese mystery seeds and chucking them into some lovely spot of soil literally nothing else has been growing in for 5 years:

wheres that at

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Lol washing your hands and releasing spores

This is the same sub forum that refuses to believe in global pedo rings with truckloads of documented proof but boy howdy those sneaky Chinamen are sending bioweapons to random people, better call the government

Y'all are like the many people in 2001 that spilled baby formula on the counter and then thought they were attacked with anthrax and called the FBI

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

do you have a brain injury?

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

500excf type r posted:

Lol washing your hands and releasing spores

This is the same sub forum that refuses to believe in global pedo rings with truckloads of documented proof but boy howdy those sneaky Chinamen are sending bioweapons to random people, better call the government

Y'all are like the many people in 2001 that spilled baby formula on the counter and then thought they were attacked with anthrax and called the FBI

man, you're so loving cool. how do i get as cool as you?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i wish i'd get some free seeds a deer keeps eating my jalapeno plant

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

R.L. Stine posted:

I'd watch out, that deer sounds metal as gently caress.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

R.L. Stine posted:

Are deer immune to capsaicin? I know most birds and fish are, with the evolutionary hypothesis of air and water animals can carry the seeds a hell of a lot further so it is in the plants interest in spreading far.

wouldn't shock me if some animals cracked it themselves after it evolved either though.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
my plan is working good.... good...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Biohazard posted:

I'd watch out, that deer sounds metal as gently caress.

she's ripped i see her wandering around at like 2 am and i think the bears are afraid of her