Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Has the chat interface died a horrible death yet?

When do we get to see Chris Roberts "play" "his" "game" again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Thuorn posted:

Thank you Dooguk. I was surprised Zyloh responded to my lazy shitpost, but it did lead to an interesting observation. The moment his response hit my feed I clicked it. Not even 3 seconds from his posting, buddy ALREADY had over 30 updoots. Meaning that they internally pre-updoot(or auto updoot) their own comments for visibility. heh
:lol:
Pathetic.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Chris is the ultimate micromanager so I doubt a single thing happens that he isn't busy ruining.

This is a CEO of a 600-man company who will literally start correcting the 3D modellers directly about how they did the fabric part inside a helmet design wrong. (After it's already finished of course. lol)

The project couldn't have started without him, but it definitely can't finish with him. The man is poison

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Thuorn posted:

Thank you Dooguk. I was surprised Zyloh responded to my lazy shitpost, but it did lead to an interesting observation. The moment his response hit my feed I clicked it. Not even 3 seconds from his posting, buddy ALREADY had over 30 updoots. Meaning that they internally pre-updoot(or auto updoot) their own comments for visibility. heh

They will have added your name to THE LIST.

Take care.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Thuorn posted:

It isnt much, but this turd was mine.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/cig-keep-your-ludicrous-roadmap-to-a-roadmap-where/3263173

At least a good chunk of the backers didnt take kindly to the Non-update Update. It puts a smile of my miserable shriveled heart.

I like that the response you got said that you in particular would enjoy the new roadmap.

Poor dev has lost all sense of perspective.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Unless the roadmap is just one line "Squadron 42 will release Beta will release September 1st 2020" I'm not sure anyone's going to enjoy it.

Thuorn
Jul 18, 2020

Dooguk posted:

They will have added your name to THE LIST.

Take care.

List? Ive been banned several times already. I have called out the CMs on the subreddit. They are just adding asterisks to my entry at this point. Ive payed my money, and I am in for the long haul. I either want an awesome game or an awesome disaster. IDGAF which! lololol

Thuorn
Jul 18, 2020

Found this on the Refund sub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKChrg2k1Nw

Shits gonna be epic bois!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Torquemada posted:

Also it’s very strange that 9 years ago they had 12 staff and they produced 50 videos a week, and now they have 600 employees and none of them know how to work a video camera.

9 years ago they had people who just wanted to be in movies and Hollywood and be the center of attention.

Those people are now filthy rich and don't give a poo poo about being on video for this dumpster fire that got them their fortune.

Pretty sure there's not a lot of devs left who are wanting to pad out their IMDb profiles with YouTube casting segments they were on a camera lying to people.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Thuorn posted:

I hope I can pledge for JPEGs of the new Tier-0 roadmap to the roadmap.

You know, if we had made this poo poo up 5 years ago we'd have given each other poo poo for going over the top.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
Look guys, the answer is very simple. There is really bad news coming down the pipeline and CIG is trying to make a video that will minimize the damage it will do to the game's reputation and to funding. I'm talking an atomic bomb is going to be dropped on the community and CIG has to find the best way to tell everybody to cower under their desks. That kind of directing is going to take a lot of time and money and a Spielbergian effort to craft something that will placate backers (it probably won't though).

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Strangler 42 posted:

Look guys, the answer is very simple. There is really bad news coming down the pipeline and CIG is trying to make a video that will minimize the damage it will do to the game's reputation and to funding. I'm talking an atomic bomb is going to be dropped on the community and CIG has to find the best way to tell everybody to cower under their desks. That kind of directing is going to take a lot of time and money and a Spielbergian effort to craft something that will placate backers (it probably won't though).

I can't imagine any worse news for CIG than what logging into Star Citizen doesn't already provide you.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Thuorn posted:

lol, that's the stuff

https://twitter.com/TheoShantonas/status/1288121936694751234

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Meanwhile Dual Universe is entering beta at the end of August.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Scruffpuff posted:

I can't imagine any worse news for CIG than what logging into Star Citizen doesn't already provide you.

What about "We've hit a rock solid wall a mile high and have to scrap everything and start over from square one"?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Strangler 42 posted:

What about "We've hit a rock solid wall a mile high and have to scrap everything and start over from square one"?

Otherwise known as the "PTU" released in 2015.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Nyast posted:

SQ42 wasn't released 5 years ago because it wasn't up to their quality standards.

Now the new SQ42 video is delayed because.. it wasn't up to their quality standards.

History repeats itself, but backers never learn.

In a way, if I didn't know that CIG was dead serious, I'd think the company is trolling their fanbase.

But what completely blows my mind is that they restarted SQ42 because it WASN'T UP TO THEIR QUALITY STANDARDS. You know, the same quality standards that allowed the PU to have sinking ground, glitchy anims, crashes, unstable physics / networking, bartenders that go on strike and NPCs sitting on tables ? Those standards... ?

Most likely it was because there was a tube of toothpaste in npc 12A's bathroom where the fine print wasn't actually readable through a 4K texture.

That ain't gonna fly with the boss. :colbert:

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Golli posted:

What's even funnier is that they are probably in a roadmap meeting on how they want to put together and launch the roadmap to a roadmap.

No, that meeting had to be postponed a few weeks because one person had a dentist appointment. They'll circle back to the roadmap on putting together the roadmap to the roadmap next month. Unless someone else needs to do laundry or something, in which case, they'll pencil it in for next year, definitely for sure.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Trilobite posted:

No, that meeting had to be postponed a few weeks because one person had a dentist appointment. They'll circle back to the roadmap on putting together the roadmap to the roadmap next month. Unless someone else needs to do laundry or something, in which case, they'll pencil it in for next year, definitely for sure.

Dear god, what would happen if the guy responsible for the roadmap broke his wrists. :ohdear:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lol that av looks familiar

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Popete posted:

Unless the roadmap is just one line "Squadron 42 will release Beta will release September 1st 2020" I'm not sure anyone's going to enjoy it.

The elephant in the room is: they've recently announced multiple times that they're happy with the progress of SQ42. How are they gonna spin the inevitable delay ? Laughs are coming, place your bets.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:laffo:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

:golfclap:

Scruffyhawk
Jun 30, 2005

FHNNNNNNN
Ramrod XTreme
My favorite part is how they establish 3 weeks per roadmap related actionable, resulting in 3 more months before a deliverable version of a roadmap overhaul. See you all in November!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Can I have my sub back please? posted:

The world is a lovely place right now. 2020 sucks donkey balls. I don't watch the news because: a) screw coronavirus, b) I'm 42 and I like to make my own mind up by searching for balanced facts about the world online based upon truth and reason, and c) everyone seems angry all the time about everything these days.

How do I like to relax? By reading stories about my favourite gaming project. I'm concierge and I'm backer 227,140 (so I've been invested in this project a VERY long time. My favourite is to watch all the fantastic gameplay videos that others post and lap up any snippet of information about new features, tools or polish.

There is absolutely a place for criticism here but some of you guys are getting really OTT, personal & disrespectful and surely damaging the morale of some of the devs who are as invested in the success of this project as the majority of us are and who are active, regular participants in this very sub. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if many of those posting are literally doing it for shits and giggles (judging by some of the ID monikers),

What's my point? Please can we have a return to cosy, courteous discussion otherwise some of us will be likely looking for a new subreddit to call 'home'.

quote:

This is a concerted effort by a very active group of haters (of the game, Chris Roberts, CIG and us fans) and the mod team is letting it happen in a misguided attempt to be neutral on this. If you ask me, that is like letting flat earthers and climate deniers onto a science debate.

They post inciting posts (like that sticky from a few days ago, the "CTO" post, this one is from today) and instantly swarm it with agreeing comments, mocking CIG and the fans. A good third of the comments within the first hour of posting are either people from the refunder sub or weeks and months old troll accounts or older alt-accounts with a consistent 100% negative view of the game.

They are here to waste time and sow hate and doubt in the game within this community and ideally: outside as well.

CIG members have posted less and less on r/starcitizen and it is the mod teams failure, while the refund sub and their discord is laughing about us.

quote:

It's easy to track the agitators as well if you've been around for awhile and have long since tagged them in RES.

quote:

Yeah, I am amazed how long some of these accounts are allowed to pester and argue on here without any consequences. I was a mod of a very large game sub for years, that stuff just can't be allowed to fester. Once a toxic group is allowed to troll they are going to push the boundaries and change the whole atmosphere and tone of conversations. It's like an avalanche of ever growing toxicity, if you don't stomp it out at the root.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Nyast posted:

The elephant in the room is: they've recently announced multiple times that they're happy with the progress of SQ42. How are they gonna spin the inevitable delay ? Laughs are coming, place your bets.

They're happy it's progressing slow enough that they can collect exorbitant salaries for the next few years.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Scruffyhawk posted:

My favorite part is how they establish 3 weeks per roadmap related actionable, resulting in 3 more months before a deliverable version of a roadmap overhaul. See you all in November!

lol it’s beyond parody at this point. And they only gave a vague roadmap to the roadmap after the backer anger boiled over into the big games media outlets,

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Scruffyhawk posted:

3 more months before a deliverable version of a roadmap overhaul. See you all in November!

Get a load of this loving optimist.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Nyast posted:

Yeah that’s the thing. Like their roadmap to the roadmap takes them well into the November. So obviously SQ42 is delayed again, but they are just stubbornly refusing to admit it or really say anything at all no matter how much vitriol is poured on them on Reddit and Spectrum. The whole thing is strange even by CIG standards. Maybe they really are gearing up for a next-gen console announcement?

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 29, 2020

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

It's all deceptively simple. They have nothing. They can't get anything working. They can't say anything because the money will dry up, but even with the money they can't do the work.

So they can't say the truth. Saying the truth means death now. Not saying the truth means death at some indeterminate future point. The only guarantee is failure - it happened when Chris Roberts. The only question is when they admit it. Until that day, it's continued paychecks.

Their fingers are in a vice they built themselves. Nearly the only working thing they made.

This is hardly the only entity that's built on an engine of delusion and lies. This happens all the time, in all walks of life. Once it collapses the same question is always asked, "How did it go on for this long?" and the answer always is "The adults had left the room."

Or in this case, were fired almost immediately by :iiasb:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

lol that av looks familiar

I used it for awhile on my Nextdoor account.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

They did it again!

L. Ron Hoover
Nov 9, 2009

trucutru posted:

Get a load of this loving optimist.

good point, it's even better when you realize that even their road to roadmap estimation is probably hopelessly optimistic like everything else. Answer the call, Roadmap 2024 never.

L. Ron Hoover fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 29, 2020

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

I used it for awhile on my Nextdoor account.

I use Chris's picture for my account on insane right-wing facebook replacement Codias lol

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Strangler 42 posted:

I love the "its not up to are quality standards" excuse because it frames their dogshit programming, development, management, etc... as a virtue, not as being too terrible at making games to make any real progress.

if you realize that you are poo poo at something (=you are below your quality standards) then you should step up your game, improve etc.
cig decides to restart from scratch, lol. (be it their game, a video, a roadmap whatever)

this excuse is absurd, with each year a little more. but those who believe these cheap excuses are easy to gently caress over i guess.
those would write stuff like “plz cig stop beeing such perfectionists! why do you think we expect so much from you, we love you cig. you always want too much, because you love us too!“
and yeah, they honestly think this is the only problem: that chris and the gang are perfectionists...
but when i read this famous “roadmap to roadmap“ thread, then most of their fanbase have had enough.

HorseBodyInspector
Dec 14, 2018
We didn't see anything relevant regarding SQ42 for years. No Morrow tour part2, only some teaser last December. Do anybody think that if CIG had something, anything - they didn't showed us?

I saw no proof that PC version of SQ42 exits, it is hardly believable that three versions PC plus for both consoles of SQ 42 exits.
Most probably SQ 42 doesn't exist as game.Part of SQ42 probably exists, somewhere in limbo between tech demo andcollection of pre-alfa missions (like SC ).

Radio silence is easily explainable: Chris Roberts like any true narcissist is unable to take any criticism, or responsibility and is avoiding both as long as possible.
"Easiest" way is to pretend that problem doesn't exist and go away. He - CIG did it before and are doing again.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

I use Chris's picture for my account on insane right-wing facebook replacement Codias lol

I had to stop when I was elected to the housing board. I assumed that would have been an odd conversation.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

I had to stop when I was elected to the housing board. I assumed that would have been an odd conversation.

You guys all use it because you are really Derek Smart.

I just looked at my driver's license and that picture is on it. I to, am Derek Smart.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Kosumo posted:

You guys all use it because you are really Derek Smart.

I just looked at my driver's license and that picture is on it. I to, am Derek Smart.

This whole thread has always just been Derek Smart’s alter egos talking to themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Dereks Smart