Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Poque posted:

]
Sea: Seaweed

Thank god, that crap can gently caress right off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Of COURSE you can't dream while in a wand outfit despite the fact that literally nobody can see or interact with you while doing so

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Poque posted:

For Northern Hemisphere:

Fish: Tadpole
Bugs: Common Butterfly, Yellow Butterfly, Peacock Butterfly, Honeybee, Firefly, Ladybug, Violin Beetle, Pill Bug, Centipede
Sea: Seaweed

Firefly was only in June... I think you have the wrong month.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

The Sean posted:

Like this one:
https://twitter.com/MNiithu/status/1288678901875531777

Pretty cool, first thought was wow, but some shots are jumbled as gently caress with just so much stuff. Like that shot of the river with lily pads, so much poo poo going on. Though, admittedly, the river/stream pattern is tight.
Edit: Also why does the doorstep of the house immediately land in the stream?

I just know this island runs like absolute crap with a bunch of pop-in.

Source: My island is half as dense and runs like crap.

Looks cool in stills, though.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Firefly was only in June... I think you have the wrong month.

Ooh, you're right. Only Honeybee is leaving among bugs.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I wish honeybees spawned on hive boxes. That would be neat

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Prowler posted:

I just know this island runs like absolute crap with a bunch of pop-in.

Source: My island is half as dense and runs like crap.

Looks cool in stills, though.

I checked it out and you are correct! A significant chunk of it runs like a slideshow, and the faux building facades experience lots of pop-in.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

Of COURSE you can't dream while in a wand outfit despite the fact that literally nobody can see or interact with you while doing so

Strangely you can dream in your wetsuit. :confused:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

NINTENDO WHYYYY :negative:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Anyone have nook tickets they’d be willing to sell ?

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

fit em all up in there posted:

Anyone have nook tickets they’d be willing to sell ?

I can just give you some if you drop a dodo code

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Farten Barfen posted:

I can just give you some if you drop a dodo code

73YYW

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Thank you ! I left some presents for you but I guess you didn’t see them.

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

fit em all up in there posted:

Thank you ! I left some presents for you but I guess you didn’t see them.

No worries, I only had a minute to grab my switch, cheers!

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I'd like to thank the folks last night who said both me and my friend could have Raymond and it'd be fine. We eventually agreed.

We decided we were going to dress our Raymonds up differently and have Raymond showing competitions, to see whose Raymond was fanciest. Also do up his house. She's got a strong early lead 'cause she gave her Raymond a futon with the sushi pattern on it so he can sleep in his office. It's pretty powerful, but I've got some ideas of my own. May the best Raymond win!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Captain Hygiene posted:

In case you have an accident while you're asleep.

night slime
May 14, 2014

Captain Hygiene posted:

You can equip the wetsuit but the wand is an item you can't bring. IIRC you can't drop the wand item while in a wand outfit?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Eiba posted:

I'd like to thank the folks last night who said both me and my friend could have Raymond and it'd be fine. We eventually agreed.

We decided we were going to dress our Raymonds up differently and have Raymond showing competitions, to see whose Raymond was fanciest. Also do up his house. She's got a strong early lead 'cause she gave her Raymond a futon with the sushi pattern on it so he can sleep in his office. It's pretty powerful, but I've got some ideas of my own. May the best Raymond win!

Raymond is tied for my fave villager and he LOVES dress-up; please post pictures of dolled-up Raymond.

Speaking of villagers I love, Teddy is in boxes today. He wanted to leave despite my showering him raglan tees and workout equipment, so I'm letting him go. If you love a cartoon bear who doesn't exist, set him free, If you are looking for a Jock bear bro who is always nice and says grooooooof a lot, please give him a new home! I'm opening up again because Kicks is in town, but tbh it's mostly for Teddy.

Additionally, Able's has vampire costumes and superhero masks, and Nook's has protein powder, a pull-up rack, an effects rack, a 20-inch wall-mounted TV, and a cute typewriter.

Kicks is also on the island and actually has a few cute items, for once! I'm also seriously overflowing with DIYs- please take anything you want from the Sharing Cone. I really don't want to have to move all that to the beach. Ellie was making a peach hat earlier, but I don't know if she still is.

I would dearly love any kind of black flowers and I really need stone! No, pressure, though; take anything you want regardless. All donations will go to the Preservation of the Glorious Sharkfarts Dead. You can see the beginnings of our chill necropolis in front of Resident Services.

Oh, and any and all fossils are welcome if you want to get rid of some.

Dodo: closed

I'm so loving excited to make this cemetery now!!! Thank you, goons!!!!

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 31, 2020

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I'll have uchi cat Katt in boxes tomorrow. I'm a bit sad about losing her because she's brilliant and I didn't get her photo, but it's fine. It'd be nice for her to go to a good home!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

"mom come pick me up it's too noisy"

ruinous orchid
Jun 30, 2020

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I would dearly love any kind of black flowers and I really need stone! No, pressure, though; take anything you want regardless. All donations will go to the Preservation of the Glorious Sharkfarts Dead. You can see the beginnings of our chill necropolis in front of Resident Services.

hello, I’m Ariadne, the girl with the pink Dreamy Dress and Halo. if you need any more flowers, just let me know - I have a lot of flowers and it’s too much trouble to try to sell them on Discord, and I hate throwing them away.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

ruinous orchid posted:

hello, I’m Ariadne, the girl with the pink Dreamy Dress and Halo. if you need any more flowers, just let me know - I have a lot of flowers and it’s too much trouble to try to sell them on Discord, and I hate throwing them away.

You made my day (and have a super-amazing island yourself, I forgot to tell you). THANK YOU SO MUCH!

And thank you to everyone else who stopped by! My island is ALL FLOWERS and it is the best thing I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm getting stiffed on my purple tulip, purple windflower, and purple pansy luck. Just can't get any to pop up for some reason

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I'm getting stiffed on my purple tulip, purple windflower, and purple pansy luck. Just can't get any to pop up for some reason

Would you like any purple pansies? I have WAAAAAAY too many and they're just sitting on my beach.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Prowler posted:

Would you like any purple pansies? I have WAAAAAAY too many and they're just sitting on my beach.

I would! That's the only one I can't get to grow for some reason. They will just NOT pop.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

HaB posted:

I would! That's the only one I can't get to grow for some reason. They will just NOT pop.

Are you on Discord? I am:

Highlife Lowlife#4780

I can drop some off via Dodo code.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Prowler posted:

Are you on Discord? I am:

Highlife Lowlife#4780

I can drop some off via Dodo code.

Closed. Thanks heaps!

HaB fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 31, 2020

ruinous orchid
Jun 30, 2020
Island closed for now, thanks!

ruinous orchid fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jul 31, 2020

Prowler
May 24, 2004

HaB posted:

Open: Closed

Sorry for the quick dip, but I wanted to make sure I didn't lose connection/I'm also currently working from home, lol.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 31, 2020

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Prowler posted:

I appreciate but it's a personal goal thing to get them to grow lol

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I have Diana in boxes if anyone wants to claim her. Dodo code is in the PGS thread.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

night slime posted:

You can equip the wetsuit but the wand is an item you can't bring. IIRC you can't drop the wand item while in a wand outfit?

That at least actually makes some kinda sense. Although even if it's somehow tough to make an exception bringing it along disabled, it feels like 90% of the pain would be avoided if they'd just add a drat "Remove outfit?" option wherever the game yells at you about the wand.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Take it from me guys: don't let your flower situation get out of hand. I've spent hours sorting it out, it's not even half done and I'm so drained. And now I have a ton of empty space that I don't know what to do with!!

Can anyone hook me up with a stone dog statue or a couple of drinking fountains (or preferably the DIYs thereof)? Can pay in resources, bells, NMT, whatever

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Hmm I'm gonna open for a while: (in dodo code thread)

Sahara is here with red kilim rugs (the big ornate ones), dig site walls, and gravel flooring. It's also Grizzly's birthday if you want to say hey. He's having a great time. Savannah is in the campsite.

I'm not done with the island but I think it's looking pretty good these days. Check it out if you want some inspiration. Also you can water my rare flowers if you want!!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

eating only apples posted:

Take it from me guys: don't let your flower situation get out of hand. I've spent hours sorting it out, it's not even half done and I'm so drained. And now I have a ton of empty space that I don't know what to do with!!

Can anyone hook me up with a stone dog statue or a couple of drinking fountains (or preferably the DIYs thereof)? Can pay in resources, bells, NMT, whatever

Flower maintenance is the only thing left for me to do for the most part

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/xpatriciah/status/1289200867766235136

Hmmm, I dunno about it being completely benign. If only because Animal Crossing is a series that has, from what I remember always had at least one instance of a player being able to eventually ruin another player's town because of something they did within the game.

Like as far back as Wild World and how hacking eventually got so bad in that game visiting players could ruin your entire cartridge by leaving building-"seeds" around town that just hosed the game up.

And I'm not saying the hacked trees are that bad because I keep seeing people say that they don't cause corrupt data to the players that are just visiting as long as they don't pocket or plant any items themselves. But it seems like it'll always lead to a slippery slope that could end up with islands that just crash someone's Switch the moment they land on the island.

It reminds me of the problem that happened around half a decade ago with hacked player models in the first Splatoon. Because the game would populate your plaza with other random players you may have not even ever met, that would include the players who hacked their Inklings into Octolings, which would then crash your game because your game doesn't know what the gently caress is going on with them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It reminds me of the problem that happened around half a decade ago with hacked player models in the first Splatoon. Because the game would populate your plaza with other random players you may have not even ever met, that would include the players who hacked their Inklings into Octolings, which would then crash your game because your game doesn't know what the gently caress is going on with them.

Man I forgot how weird that game got towards the end before the sequel came out. Weirdos coming into the matches with hacked weapons, infinite specials and such. I'd usually just reset to leave in those cases, rather than risk being caught up in Nintendo's shoddy cheat detection by being in a match with the actual culprit.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

If anyone wants to come see Saharah today, let me know and I will open up for ya!

She has:

Small: Rough Rug
Medium: White Simple Medium Rug
Large: Purple Persian Rug

I'm not sure if the mysterious flooring/wallpaper stays the same for everyone, but I got a Misty Garden Wall and a Flowing River Flooring, which actually looked nice together if you wanted an outdoors-except-indoors look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

eating only apples posted:

By coincidence, I got the stone dog DIY today and used it, so I can give you a couple dogs. The drinking fountain is a nook miles redemption DIY but what the heck I got one too. Sent you the Dodo code via PM.