Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
10 Man Tag 4 6.25%
Tag Titles 38 59.38%
TNT Title 7 10.94%
Tornado Match 15 23.44%
Total: 64 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

yooooooooooooooo

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

gently caress YES

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Pylons posted:

gently caress YES

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im so glad, he deserves it for sure and his spicy mic skills are gonna be such a good addition to dynamite

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mad King interrupt debate as third party candidate to free Santana & Ortiz.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Solve the Excalibur-less commentary problem by letting Kingston cut a two hour promo over all the matches next week

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

gently caress YEAH

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

https://twitter.com/kennyomegamanx/status/1289258087535108097?s=21

I wonder if this Capcom partnership is an indicator that they’re publishing the AEW game.

they've been partnered with AEW for the t-shirts since the launch of Dynamite so it seems like a pretty fair assumption. from what i've been able to research, the actual team of developers that were once at AKI, now known as Syn Sophia, are no longer with that company aside from lead developer Shuji Yoshida. Directing developer Hideyuki Iwashita has not worked on any games since Def Jam 2 it would appear. Capcom's track record the past few years though has been vastly improved from where they were in the early 2010s and I would trust them with making a functioning wrestling game.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Genuinely excited for Kingston. Last week's show left a weird, unsatisfying taste in my mouth -- lots of good about it but I finished more down than I'd started it, which is unusual for Wednesdays. Hearing he's in, however, makes up for that and then some.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh my god they actually signed him, i hope he got a real good money deal.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

So is Kingston the moderator?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

best signing of the year

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Stroker Ace posted:

So is Kingston the moderator?

No, the moderator has leaked out. It's in the spoiler thread if you're interested.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

oh my god they actually signed him, i hope he got a real good money deal.

Even if it's just something like 75K that's like double or triple what an in demand indie guy makes.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 31, 2020

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Pylons posted:

No, the moderator has leaked out. It's in the spoiler thread if you're interested.

Thanks.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

really glad for kingston. well and long deserved to get a big contract. some of my more casual friends were really impressed with their first mad king experience, so this will be great news for them.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Even if it's just something like 75K that's like double r triple what an in demand indie guy makes.

75k living in tampa is a liveable wage, especially with such a vastly reduced schedule to where he won't have to kill himself or hustle merch.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

https://twitter.com/kennyomegamanx/status/1289258087535108097?s=21

I wonder if this Capcom partnership is an indicator that they’re publishing the AEW game.

so snk got wwe and capcom got aew?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Even if it's just something like 75K that's like double r triple what an in demand indie guy makes.

For reference, Ricky Starks turned down a contract with NWA for $1000 a month.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Kingston got signed per AEW twitter

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pylons posted:

For reference, Ricky Starks turned down a contract with NWA for $1000 a month.

Exactly, Kingston had to work everywhere to be able to get by, and STILL had to sell used gear to make mortgage payments

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Kingston signing is definitely a booster shot on my interest/enthusiasm. I might actually watch Dynamite live this week to see where/if he pops up.

But more then that I'm just super pumped for him. drat near emotional.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

The Kingston signing is definitely a booster shot on my interest/enthusiasm. I might actually watch Dynamite live this week to see where/if he pops up.

They might encourage him to sit a while to heal his knee and figure out his direction

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

can you imagine a promo battle with kingston and mjf

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

But more then that I'm just super pumped for him. drat near emotional.

I'd assume he won't be put into a program right away. He'll probably be on Dark for a couple weeks, which could be great as far as giving that show some more variety. But I wouldn't mind an angle between Cardona and Eddie at all, honestly.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They might encourage him to sit a while to heal his knee and figure out his direction

Yeah, I don't actually expect him to immediately be given a big spot. Hell, I kind of half expect him to be lost in the shuffle. But like, its something that has me genuinely interested and excited after a lot of stuff that had cooled me off. I'm sure my expectations will be tempered by Wednesday.

I know he's not actually gonna confront Jericho. Life isn't that good.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I said this before but I hope Kingston and Mox beat the ever-living poo poo out of each other at some point.

JR can call it a slobber knocker.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lamuella posted:

Dark card drops and it's a belter.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1289229337934405633?s=19

Evans v Marshall will be great. B&B vs Private Party could be insane. Hobbs v Sky will be fantastic.

TH2!!!!!!

AND EDDIE KINGSTON IS BACK! loving love this t-shirt cartel

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I don't actually expect him to immediately be given a big spot. Hell, I kind of half expect him to be lost in the shuffle. But like, its something that has me genuinely interested and excited after a lot of stuff that had cooled me off. I'm sure my expectations will be tempered by Wednesday.

I know he's not actually gonna confront Jericho. Life isn't that good.

If we're lucky he'll do something with PnP or Mox or Archer

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

https://twitter.com/LanceHoyt/status/1289261913092710401

I want this so much. Just Archer sandblasting Kingston and Kingston keeping coming back because he doesn't know how to stop.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

YES

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

I'd assume he won't be put into a program right away. He'll probably be on Dark for a couple weeks, which could be great as far as giving that show some more variety. But I wouldn't mind an angle between Cardona and Eddie at all, honestly.

Very into signed due to grinding vs signed due to friendship.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

- NJPW officials talking to Tanahashi after he had his knee destroyed by Suzuki. Didn't really work, and likely wouldn't work for Eddie either.

STAC Goat posted:

Mad King interrupt debate as third party candidate to free Santana & Ortiz.
Doubt he'll be involved with them so soon, but I definitely hope he comes out at some point to talk them into leaving the Inner Circle. Have an angle where the IC get a tag title shot, but Jericho chooses himself and Sammy instead of Proud&Powerful, and Eddie rips into them why the let a weak-rear end *expletive* like Jericho dictate their lives, leading to them turning on Jericho and joining up with Kingston.

And preferrably also Diamante, but that's another, further angle.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That's an awesome loving pickup and I am deeply glad for him, but for the love of god please do something with him in the couple years he has before his knees turn to dust.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I was looking at ShopAEW just to see what new t-shirts were up and discovered that The Initiative have a t-shirt and it's kinda low-key incredible. They've also got a Matt Cardona shirt, so he's at least good as signed if that was still in doubt. There's also Rowdy Roddy Piper scarf and shot glass for reasons?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

eddie kingston is the lex luger of aew

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What if we go backstage next week and someone has repossessed all of Darby's bones so he cant compete and then Kingston vs Mox hooray

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Germansimp posted:

- NJPW officials talking to Tanahashi after he had his knee destroyed by Suzuki. Didn't really work, and likely wouldn't work for Eddie either.

Doubt he'll be involved with them so soon, but I definitely hope he comes out at some point to talk them into leaving the Inner Circle. Have an angle where the IC get a tag title shot, but Jericho chooses himself and Sammy instead of Proud&Powerful, and Eddie rips into them why the let a weak-rear end *expletive* like Jericho dictate their lives, leading to them turning on Jericho and joining up with Kingston.

And preferrably also Diamante, but that's another, further angle.

I mean, if I'm actually fantasy booking I do a backstage segment on Dynamite where Santana and Ortiz are congratulating Kingston and we establish that they're old friends. Then Jericho and Co interrupt and Jericho makes some kind of overture and Kingston dismisses him and splits. Jericho is mad but Santana and Ortiz cool him off and say he's familia. Then you revisit that friendship a few times and build some tension in the Inner Circle and have some casual stuff about how much Eddie doesn't respect Jericho and Jericho doesn't like it. Then something like you said.

Of course in a perfect world that sets up Jericho vs Kingston. And Kingston wins. But I don't have that much hope. So I'll settle for King managing Diamante and Ivelisse in that tournament or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

What if we go backstage next week and someone has repossessed all of Darby's bones so he cant compete and then Kingston vs Mox hooray

Like “let’s give the king of diamonds Darby Allin’s bones and joints” cause I can dig that.