Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Who do you think chuds are hornier for, Ben's sister, or the gender-swapped photoshop of Ben himself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I really wonder if this dude realizes he just straight up called himself racist.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

When I saw that comic I legit did not know which of the portrayed characters it was meant to be supporting. (I’ve never seen that comic strip before.)

Really? I thought it was incredibly obvious. If they had intended the white woman to be the good guy here, they would have drawn the black woman with at least five different racist tropes. Is this a side effect of goon face blindness?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Fister Roboto posted:

Really? I thought it was incredibly obvious. If they had intended the white woman to be the good guy here, they would have drawn the black woman with at least five different racist tropes. Is this a side effect of goon face blindness?

The black woman's eyebrows say exactly enough. So yes, a goon problem.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

OwlFancier posted:

I didn't say nazbols and M-Ls were the same thing, I said neither of them were anti authoritarian :v:

I mean no ideology is anti authoritarianism.

Maybe Athenian direct democracy?

Before you start that includes you anarchists

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Athenian direct democracy limited the franchise to wealthy men, making it in effect the same as American representative democracy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That’s not exactly 1:1 to authoritarianism. Those that could vote did have total control which is specially something representative democracy tries to avoid.

You can argue it has to be that way but it is what it is

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean anarchism is sort of geared around opposing authority, at least the forms of it that are self perpuating. Of all the political positions I think it at least cares the most about the danger of authoritarianism, whereas most of the others just want different methods of determining who is in charge, very few actually ask whether or not we should maybe try to arrange it so that society isn't strcutured around people being in charge of each other.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Sprue posted:

No way am I going to read all that text. Is this you totally owning some supposed friend with your impeccable logic and rational

no, i maybe said like 2 things at the end :shrug:

all i know is :justpost:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Fister Roboto posted:

I didn’t know anything about the comic or author’s style, and I have been Poed too many times to trust my ability to analyze American political commentary on the first pass. Possibly some cognitive defect, sure.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I guess some tradwives learned that 50s housewives were constantly jacked up on amphetamines

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Yascha_Mounk/status/1289334373280387074

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/BadLegalTakes/status/1289401328158904321?s=20

Did not realize there were people who didn't know FDR was elected for his third and fourth terms.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Hello Sailor posted:

I guess some tradwives learned that 50s housewives were constantly jacked up on amphetamines

My favorite part of that photo is she's showing more skin than the girl that was getting told she was dressing too sexy. Showing arms and calves isn't modest! Must go to wrists and ankles. And no satanic open toed shoes, either.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

iwentdoodie posted:

My favorite part of that photo is she's showing more skin than the girl that was getting told she was dressing too sexy. Showing arms and calves isn't modest! Must go to wrists and ankles. And no satanic open toed shoes, either.

That is because she believes rules exist for others, not for her.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

OwlFancier posted:

Brunel brand bras, for when you want your boobs to look like an actual engineering project.

Actually I think that's just a corset I'm describing.
A lot of women who do reenacting/costuming like corsets, and women with larger busts sometimes prefer them to bras.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Even then, underboob sweat :( BTW, Victoria's Secret not having larger sizes is a deliberate marketing plan, because they don't want people to shop there who aren't "their customer".

There are now a lot of zazzy brands that have colorful bras for bigger cup sizes. https://us.brastop.com/ https://www.bravissimo.com
Plus-size clothing in the US is so hosed up. (deletes footnoted rant)

ETA: speaking of historical/other costuming, one thing that's been mentioned by both Abby Cox, history youtuber, and some wearers of Japanese Lolita street fashion is that the unusual clothes they wear disguise the shapes of their bodies. Women are raised to show off their bodies to be attractive, and things like long full skirts, padded hips, and historic corsetry or fluffy petticoats and layers of crazy prints and ruffles and accessories do the opposite of that. It's not modest in the sense that you're not looking for attention, because you don't dress these ways to avoid attention, but it's modest in the sense that you're not letting other people see your body. But it's also not modest in an acceptable way to people who want women to be modest. It's like the wrong kind of femininity- I don't think they would even have an opinion about historical costuming because it's so far removed from today's ideas of what a woman should look like, and Lolita style is femininity that's so over-the-top that it kind of becomes subversive, or a parody, or something. Sociological analysis of clothing is interesting stuff.

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 06:11 on Aug 1, 2020

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

If I've learned anything from a lifetime of close friendships with the opposite sex it's that guys who are into feet are always really really into feet and have zero self awareness.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/BadLegalTakes/status/1289401328158904321?s=20

Did not realize there were people who didn't know FDR was elected for his third and fourth terms.
They know, they don't care. They're deliberately confusing the readers in the hope of normalizing Trump's bullshit, because so far it's worked vomit-inducingly well. That's what fascists loving do.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Actually, while this is relevant, what's the Eco quote about the way fascists use language? Was talking about it with a mate today and couldn't find it.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Hollandia posted:

Actually, while this is relevant, what's the Eco quote about the way fascists use language? Was talking about it with a mate today and couldn't find it.

Did you mean the Sartre quote about bad faith arguing?

“Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.”

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Thus, by the constant shifting of the definition of "satire,"

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Fishstick posted:

Did you mean the Sartre quote about bad faith arguing?
That's the one, cheers. No wonder I couldn't find it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Hollandia posted:

That's the one, cheers. No wonder I couldn't find it.
Suspect you had it confused with :umberto: because both get quoted constantly and are in the same ballpark.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
I absolutely did. This thread owns, thanks folks.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1289301599647461377?s=20

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

JT Smiley posted:

If I've learned anything from a lifetime of close friendships with the opposite sex it's that guys who are into feet are always really really into feet and have zero self awareness.

I met one reasonable foot fetishist, but they turned to be trans, so I'm not sure what to take away from that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
:lol:

Make sure to read to the end.

https://twitter.com/AITA_reddit/status/1289556978067320833?s=20

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/1289548650473861121

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

ultrafilter posted:

I met one reasonable foot fetishist, but they turned to be trans, so I'm not sure what to take away from that.

I've known more than one, but they've all been kinksters and been exposed to much more regulation around sexual behavior. In a sense the foot fetishes that just have to bring up how cute someone's feet are in a beach pick aren't any different from regular reply-guys who just have to mention how good you look in your hospital scrubs or whatever. It's deliberately taking advantage of a gray area created by a culture of sexual aggression and not overtly-sexual paraphila. I'm just complimenting her maternal glow in the breast-feeding picture, not specifically saying nice tits. I'm clearly typing this thing about her feet one-handed, but it's not about her rear end so it's ok.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
You probably wouldn't know a reasonable foot fetishist because they keep it to themselves. They could be right next to you and you wouldn't know it. They could be you.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The dude going off in the replies to this (I assume he's also the one being screenshotted) is pure :psyduck:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/Bizcuthammer/status/1289587256471191554?s=20

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Also, where is Mario's buttcrack???

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

FDR was given a third and a fourth term ... by American voters. In elections.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

the new game rating gimmick account: can you plunge the toilet

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Subjunctive posted:

I didn’t know anything about the comic or author’s style, and I have been Poed too many times to trust my ability to analyze American political commentary on the first pass. Possibly some cognitive defect, sure.

The likelihood that someone named Bianca Xunise would be supporting white racism seems small to me, but then again, Diamond and Silk exist :shrug:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Pththya-lyi posted:

FDR was given a third and a fourth term ... by American voters. In elections.

And his violation of that norm was seen as so egregious that we passed a constitutional amendment to make sure no one else could do it.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
as iff Donnie himself and regressive wouldnt be chomping at the bit to violate the two term tradation if the amendment didnt exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Good news everyone!

https://twitter.com/wownicebuttdude/status/1289574519494017026