Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Duckman2008 posted:

I rarely run into prepaid plan changes , especially now, but I think you’re right on it. If you switch before your end date you may or may not have to top up early. I don’t think you would if it’s a lower plan, but I haven’t done it in forever so I’m being a bit cautious.

Honestly, I would download the Verizon app and see if you can make the plan change yourself. It would show whether it’ll charge or not.

ended up being super easy, just clicked the new plan. it'll change over on billing I think? not really sure. it didn't charge anything extra and the new monthly rate starts on 8/7 for me so if I lost 10 gigs I don't use anyway by not waiting 2 weeks, not a big deal tbh

i'll switch it back to the 15 gig tier someday and still be saving money from the plan I was on..a heads up would have been nice, but not really shocked they do the same poo poo optimum does with their plans and hope you don't notice the newer cheaper ones you can switch to

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

zer0spunk posted:

ended up being super easy, just clicked the new plan. it'll change over on billing I think? not really sure. it didn't charge anything extra and the new monthly rate starts on 8/7 for me so if I lost 10 gigs I don't use anyway by not waiting 2 weeks, not a big deal tbh

i'll switch it back to the 15 gig tier someday and still be saving money from the plan I was on..a heads up would have been nice, but not really shocked they do the same poo poo optimum does with their plans and hope you don't notice the newer cheaper ones you can switch to

Yeah, they tend not to send any notices to prepaid customers other than “bill due.”

They tend to change prepaid plans every 2 years. If it helps, they literally changed this last month, so you didn’t miss out.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, they tend not to send any notices to prepaid customers other than “bill due.”

They tend to change prepaid plans every 2 years. If it helps, they literally changed this last month, so you didn’t miss out.

ah rad, i'll be sure to check for new plans then and adjust accordingly

super weird they are only doing loyalty discounts on prepaid and not everything..i think i mentioned it half way into my switch to pre paid last year thanks to you but i haven't really seen any difference in service and the only CSR stuff I've done is all through the website so I haven't run into that issue either..I'm pretty drat happy considering I was on a 70/mo sprint unlimited for a decade..appreciate you as always

e: to clarify, switching the plan before my billing cycle started over automatically put the plan i have now (8+7) into expiration mode, so I still have 15gigs for the remaining 2 weeks, the plan will then switch over to the new lower rate 5g 25/mo rate at that point without any human intervention so..yeah, that was super easy and seamless like it should be.

speeds seem higher lately too, not sure if it's more towers where i am or less humans on the network

s20 LTE-

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 23, 2020

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Maybe this is a dumb question but I'm thinking about buying an unlocked S20 and putting it on Verizon. I saw a while back they were charging extra for 5G usage. If I add a 5G phone, will this get added automatically or can I use the phone without activating 5G/incurring a charge?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Is there any way to check for issues with Verizon LTE? In the last two weeks, I have been having issues where I show 2-3 bars on LTE but I cannot do anything involving it (check weather, read the news, check Facebook, even sending iMessages has issue, etc).

Today, I tried to run multiple speed tests. 3 failed to establish a connection and 1 worked (8 down, 0 up).

Is it worth it to contact Verizon to see?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Is there any way to check for issues with Verizon LTE? In the last two weeks, I have been having issues where I show 2-3 bars on LTE but I cannot do anything involving it (check weather, read the news, check Facebook, even sending iMessages has issue, etc).

Today, I tried to run multiple speed tests. 3 failed to establish a connection and 1 worked (8 down, 0 up).

Is it worth it to contact Verizon to see?

Call Verizon level 2 at (866) 892-7957 . Just to make sure: did you hit any soft cap on unlimited data or safety mode on a capped data plan ? I don’t think speeds would be affected that much going over an unlimited soft cap (yes the caps are dumb) , but it does line up with how bad safety mode throttles data.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

The app says I have 20 GB of data left with 5 days remaining so not even close to the cap (although, I believe that they have been removing the data cap for the last several months so it always looks weird)

Safety mode is disabled.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
So maybe someone can help me with this bit of Verizon accounting -

Bought S20 Ultra 128 gig on 4/25/20 on 2 yr payment thing via Best Buy, $50/month, paperwork from BB states $1200 financed
Am now investigating paying off phone early, Verizon website tells me I've paid $300, have $1099 remaining balance.
I cannot find anything anywhere (either from BB or Verizon) clearly stating that I'm getting ~$8.33/month off, there is a mention of a $200 "down payment" in the BB paperwork that I'm pretty sure I didn't actually make ?

I'm curious about this and its entirely possible I didn't read something all the way or mis-interpreted something.

Also really need to get off of my ancient 2gb shared data plan with 2 phones.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

This may be off the beaten trail a bit, but I was curious if anyone had experience with signal boosters. I don't mean the Samsung network extender kit that Verizon has, but actual boosters. I have some family that lives drat near in the middle of nowhere that might be lucky to get a bar or two depending on where they are at, and Verizon is the best option. Other carriers get no service period.

Is there a signal booster that isn't actually a scam that would enable them to at least call and do some web based stuff?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

This may be off the beaten trail a bit, but I was curious if anyone had experience with signal boosters. I don't mean the Samsung network extender kit that Verizon has, but actual boosters. I have some family that lives drat near in the middle of nowhere that might be lucky to get a bar or two depending on where they are at, and Verizon is the best option. Other carriers get no service period.

Is there a signal booster that isn't actually a scam that would enable them to at least call and do some web based stuff?

You’re in luck, I don’t have personal experience but Ars did a pretty good review a year ish ago.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/08/ars-reviews-three-cell-signal-boosters-and-they-actually-work/

niggle
May 7, 2008

Hey everybody! I'm in the market for a new phone (currently using Pixel 2) so I've been researching all the available upgrades from the Verizon store. I see they have an exclusive version of the OnePlus 8, with 5G! What's the general consensus on this? Every review I've read on OnePlus has said something to the effect of "always buy it unlocked!! Whenever possible!!" but is the Verizon exclusive worth it? For 5G? Which may or may not implant tracking microchips in my spine?? 😅

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

My wife just got me an Apple Watch that has cellular. However, when I try to set it up, it says that it cannot log in (I can log into the app, no problem but when I tried to set up the Verizon shortcut, it would never recognize my info).
I then tried to register it and it gives me a “your number is invalid” message.
Any ideas on how to set it up or what could be causing it? (My wife’s phone is the main phone number for the account)
This is the first error message:
https://i.imgur.com/OBZKDvA.png
Second error message:
https://i.imgur.com/0e84IGC.png

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

My wife just got me an Apple Watch that has cellular. However, when I try to set it up, it says that it cannot log in (I can log into the app, no problem but when I tried to set up the Verizon shortcut, it would never recognize my info).
I then tried to register it and it gives me a “your number is invalid” message.
Any ideas on how to set it up or what could be causing it? (My wife’s phone is the main phone number for the account)
This is the first error message:
https://i.imgur.com/OBZKDvA.png
Second error message:
https://i.imgur.com/0e84IGC.png

Call care, they’ll manually add the IMEI to your account.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Call care, they’ll manually add the IMEI to your account.

I realized that I could add it through the Verizon app. Is it normally around $15 a month for the added smart watch? Our next bill is $45 more but then the month after is $15 more?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I realized that I could add it through the Verizon app. Is it normally around $15 a month for the added smart watch? Our next bill is $45 more but then the month after is $15 more?

$20 setup fee online one time yeah.

After that, it’s $10 a month, but it has the 911 and admin fees, so yeah, it’s more like $13-15 a month unfortunately after tax and fees.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Harlock posted:

Maybe this is a dumb question but I'm thinking about buying an unlocked S20 and putting it on Verizon. I saw a while back they were charging extra for 5G usage. If I add a 5G phone, will this get added automatically or can I use the phone without activating 5G/incurring a charge?

no one replied but i'm pretty sure you have to opt in for 5g. the 5g part of the modem won't do anything either without it. source: unlocked s20 on verizon since it came out in march, no 5g plan

also the normal s20 doesn't have the 5g bands for vzw anyway, you'd need a plus or ultra so not really an issue to begin with

e: they fixed this with a new version of the s20 if you want to get that carrier locked version but it sounds like they cut down things to make it happen

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/10/21286402/samsung-galaxy-s20-5g-uw-mmwave-ram-verizon

quote:

8GB of RAM, which is 4GB less than the standard Galaxy S20. The Verizon model also does not include a microSD card slot, which allows owners to expand the phone’s storage capacity. “We had to make certain design and hardware decisions to provide a device with the form factor and price point as other S20 models,” a Samsung spokesperson told Digital Trends.

e2: if i needed 5g right now i'd probably look into att's 50/month unlimited w/ 5g assuming they are viable where you live and you get the unlocked s20

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 1, 2020

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

zer0spunk posted:

no one replied but i'm pretty sure you have to opt in for 5g. the 5g part of the modem won't do anything either without it. source: unlocked s20 on verizon since it came out in march, no 5g plan

also the normal s20 doesn't have the 5g bands for vzw anyway, you'd need a plus or ultra so not really an issue to begin with

e: they fixed this with a new version of the s20 if you want to get that carrier locked version but it sounds like they cut down things to make it happen

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/10/21286402/samsung-galaxy-s20-5g-uw-mmwave-ram-verizon

e2: if i needed 5g right now i'd probably look into att's 50/month unlimited w/ 5g assuming they are viable where you live and you get the unlocked s20

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated.

Its a shame Samsung neutered the base S20 so much. I'm not looking to get 5G, so I was hoping to get an S20 without paying the 5G premium on VZ, but I guess that isn't possible right now.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I'm having some issues trying to update to the new prepaid plans to get that loyalty discount. When trying to look at them on either website or the app on the phone I'm getting weird errors, things like if I go to the "change plan" page there's no new plans, a few of the pages warn me that my phone and sim aren't paired (even though the IMEI shows as in use, and this is an iphone that I bought direct from apple which works fine on verizon), and going to the features page sometimes logs me out or redirects me to that "sim and phone aren't paired" warning, which doesn't actually do anything when I click the pair button.

I'm guessing I'm going to just have to call the prepaid help line and try and get someone to unfuck my account, but are there any tricks that I might need to try first? Is my iphone not being on 13.6 potentially going to gently caress with things for example?

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
man i spoke way too soon on that seamless plan switch comment..

when i switched plans on the site it seemed like everything worked based on the fact that it said "this all worked" and showed an expiration date on my old plan for the start of the billing cycle date

old plan 15 gig 50 after taxes/discounts, new plan 5 gig 30 after taxes and discounts

today i got charged for my old plan anyway instead and it turns it out, nope it didn't actually do anything. tried the chat csr who ignored me and put me on a different plan then I asked for, then told me they couldn't change it a second time in a day, sorry.

what they did do though is give me a 25 dollar credit and tell me to do it myself after midnight..so in the most roundabout way they gave me a free month more or less by making me overpay (20 bucks + 25 credit)...really weird and annoying, hopefully, there's no issues changing this thing properly a second time

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

kensei posted:

I have a Moto G4+ you can use until you sort all this out if you'd like.

Thanks man, and thanks to duckman too who has helped me a ton over the ages. I'm out of town right now and using my ancient droid turbo with the sim to hotspot and then using the g power. Of course I hit the hotspot limit and got throttled, ah well.

I had hoped once I cancelled the Google Fi account something would have unlocked but no luck. I really am going to have to sell the g power and change out to something else. Thanks for all the support, it's such a mysteriously weird issue to get SMS and calls but not MMS or data.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

These plans are both $90 (the 10 gig plan is shown as being reduced from $110 - will that change after six months or a year?)

If both plans are $90, my bill should stay the same? Or do I pay for it now on a new date and I’ll be charged $90?

Yea, I’m the rube who is on auto-pay and just let poo poo keep going. Unless I’m missing something, for at the very least a promo rate, these are the same thing except one is 4 gigs and one is 10 gigs.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Duckman, if I have the $40 military discount on my account but want to switch from Go Unlimited on three lines to Start on 2 lines and Play More on the third, how do I ensure that the discount doesn’t get removed or changed?

The only reason I ask is because I had another $10 military discount that went away when I tried to add my state employee discount, not knowing that it would wipe that out. Then even after reversing that and six months of trying they never could restore that discount. It’s made me gun shy of making any changes whatsoever.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I called CS to ask about the issue with LTE data being non-existent at times in our area.

After an hour and a half of talking to two different, but extremely polite and apologetic women, it was decided that it must be my and my wife’s SIM cards (luckily, LTE data went out in the middle of the call and neither me or my wife could do anything as an test even though we had two/three bars and they said the tower showed it was working fine). I will stop by a store tomorrow and get a new SIM card for me and my wife will get one after work.

I also attempted to add my Apple Watch to my account but it could not set up the cellular possibly because my phone could not access the LTE in order to confirm. Randomly tonight, it finally worked and I have my watch available now too.

I must say that being on the phone for an hour and a half is a lot easier when the CS reps are personable.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Alec Eiffel posted:

These plans are both $90 (the 10 gig plan is shown as being reduced from $110 - will that change after six months or a year?)

If both plans are $90, my bill should stay the same? Or do I pay for it now on a new date and I’ll be charged $90?

Yea, I’m the rube who is on auto-pay and just let poo poo keep going. Unless I’m missing something, for at the very least a promo rate, these are the same thing except one is 4 gigs and one is 10 gigs.

How many lines do you have?

Either way

4GB plan is $50 a month, $20 a line.

5GB plan is $30 a month, $25 a line WITH autopay ($35 without)

10GB is $40 a month, $25 a line with autopay.

If it’s the same price you can either back date it to the current month or future days it to start next month, it’ll be the same either way. But yeah, as long as you do autopay the new plans can get you more data for the same amount as some of the old plans, but it def varies.

Silly Burrito posted:

Duckman, if I have the $40 military discount on my account but want to switch from Go Unlimited on three lines to Start on 2 lines and Play More on the third, how do I ensure that the discount doesn’t get removed or changed?

The only reason I ask is because I had another $10 military discount that went away when I tried to add my state employee discount, not knowing that it would wipe that out. Then even after reversing that and six months of trying they never could restore that discount. It’s made me gun shy of making any changes whatsoever.

The $40 off is a grandfathered military discount code. So that is account level, not plan level, and doesn’t go away with plan changes (it would go away if you filed for a different work discount though yeah). It *should* stick moving to the start and play more plans. If you want to be sure (I don’t blame you), call care and they can confirm it over the phone before switching it.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I called CS to ask about the issue with LTE data being non-existent at times in our area.

After an hour and a half of talking to two different, but extremely polite and apologetic women, it was decided that it must be my and my wife’s SIM cards (luckily, LTE data went out in the middle of the call and neither me or my wife could do anything as an test even though we had two/three bars and they said the tower showed it was working fine). I will stop by a store tomorrow and get a new SIM card for me and my wife will get one after work.

I also attempted to add my Apple Watch to my account but it could not set up the cellular possibly because my phone could not access the LTE in order to confirm. Randomly tonight, it finally worked and I have my watch available now too.

I must say that being on the phone for an hour and a half is a lot easier when the CS reps are personable.

Sorry to hear it. Is it just your house or the whole area ? And if it’s the whole area, do your neighbors have the issue , if they have Verizon ?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

How many lines do you have?

Either way

4GB plan is $50 a month, $20 a line.

5GB plan is $30 a month, $25 a line WITH autopay ($35 without)

10GB is $40 a month, $25 a line with autopay.

If it’s the same price you can either back date it to the current month or future days it to start next month, it’ll be the same either way. But yeah, as long as you do autopay the new plans can get you more data for the same amount as some of the old plans, but it def varies.

The $40 off is a grandfathered military discount code. So that is account level, not plan level, and doesn’t go away with plan changes (it would go away if you filed for a different work discount though yeah). It *should* stick moving to the start and play more plans. If you want to be sure (I don’t blame you), call care and they can confirm it over the phone before switching it.

Sorry to hear it. Is it just your house or the whole area ? And if it’s the whole area, do your neighbors have the issue , if they have Verizon ?

It happens if I am outside as well. I can go on a walk and it happens.

I work about 10 miles away from my house and my coworkers there (who live in that town) have also said that they have been having issues with LTE data with Verizon.

The first CSR said that Illinois is having data issues in certain part of the state but that ours was not one of them. It could be that we now get added to those areas.

Update: went into the store and they had to try several times to get it to save my new SIM card on the Verizon system. It would never activate on my phone and it kept showing the new SIM card not saved on their system. Then it just went through. :confused:

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 13, 2020

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Might be a hail mary suggestion, but have you tried switching to "Global" band? I've heard it uses more battery, but maybe it'll juice your modem a bit more.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I can try. What is the method to do that and does it have any other issues besides battery?

I tried out my phone away from the house tonight. Showed 2 bars of LTE but it could not connect to anything including multiple speed tests. Walked two blocks and tried again (same 2 bars LTE) and it got 2mbps down, 0 up.

Walked another 8 or so blocks with same signal and it failed to connect. Walked 4 blocks and it suddenly showed all 4 bars so I tried and got 9 mbps down, still 0 up.

Walked 4 blocks (stopped right before my wife might have taken over) and it returned to 2 bars LTE and it had the connection issue again.

I live in a rural community (just off an interstate) so it just confuses me (especially since it has never been like this since we moved her in 2008 and my wife is having a similar problem).

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

To change to Global band, you go into Settings (assuming you're on an Android phone), and select Network & Internet. On that screen you should see "Mobile network: Verizon." Hit that up to open the submenu, then under Preferred network type: LTE/CDMA, change it to Global.

I know it works with Verizon because it's the thing we had to do with my father's Essential PH-1 to finally get it working on Verizon's network. Everything I've heard is that it uses more battery, but I've also heard it improves connection because it puts more juice into the modem/antenna.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

niggle posted:

Hey everybody! I'm in the market for a new phone (currently using Pixel 2) so I've been researching all the available upgrades from the Verizon store. I see they have an exclusive version of the OnePlus 8, with 5G! What's the general consensus on this? Every review I've read on OnePlus has said something to the effect of "always buy it unlocked!! Whenever possible!!" but is the Verizon exclusive worth it? For 5G? Which may or may not implant tracking microchips in my spine?? 😅

The unlocked version doesn't have an antenna for Verizon mm wave 5g. Since VZW is pushing mm 5g, especially in urban areas, if you plan on using 5g get the Verizon version. https://www.slashgear.com/oneplus-8-unlocked-and-verizon-models-differ-in-more-than-just-5g-04619240/

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Protip for anyone trying to change to the new 5GB/10GB shared plans: Make sure you have "supported" devices if you want to switch. Neither the web site, the online chat, nor phone support could change my plan because my wife's unlocked Pixel 4 bought from Google is "unsupported" (while apparently my unlocked Pixel 3 bought from Google is?) This also explains why it claimed I could get 10GB for $71/mo, as it only included fees for a single line. Their recommendation is to swap the SIM into a Verizon provided phone and try again. The Pixel 1 with the swelling battery purchased from Verizon is now charging. Hope I can upgrade before it blows up!

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
Have your bucket of sand at the ready.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
So I got back from vacation and figured Id give the moto g power (from Google fi, with Verizon Sim) one last try before selling it . As you may recall from my saga, it could never get data, only sms and voice . Verizon reps at the store thought the issue was it's a phone that doesn't work with CDMA

So I turned off wifi and lo and behold I have internet on it for the first time in 2 months. What kind of internet you ask?
Evdo Rev A, 3g cdma only

I gotta admit I didn't expect this

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I loving hate these "BOGO" deals that let you know just how overpriced the phones are.

Why they don't have the "Bullshit BOGO" and a "30% off for established customers" discount?

Hey Duckman, are the "device dollars" through Go Rewards bullshit? I'm waiting for more info on the P5 and P4a 5G before finally ditching my OG PXL.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Dr. Despair posted:

I'm having some issues trying to update to the new prepaid plans to get that loyalty discount. When trying to look at them on either website or the app on the phone I'm getting weird errors, things like if I go to the "change plan" page there's no new plans, a few of the pages warn me that my phone and sim aren't paired (even though the IMEI shows as in use, and this is an iphone that I bought direct from apple which works fine on verizon), and going to the features page sometimes logs me out or redirects me to that "sim and phone aren't paired" warning, which doesn't actually do anything when I click the pair button.

I'm guessing I'm going to just have to call the prepaid help line and try and get someone to unfuck my account, but are there any tricks that I might need to try first? Is my iphone not being on 13.6 potentially going to gently caress with things for example?

FYI this turned out to be caused by the sim card I had, which was just too old to support some part of the new plans (it was the sim card I got with my first 4g phone years and years ago, so no surprise).

New sim card swapped in and everything works great again.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I loving hate these "BOGO" deals that let you know just how overpriced the phones are.

Why they don't have the "Bullshit BOGO" and a "30% off for established customers" discount?

Hey Duckman, are the "device dollars" through Go Rewards bullshit? I'm waiting for more info on the P5 and P4a 5G before finally ditching my OG PXL.

Not bullshit per say, but depends on the user whether you want them or not.

Device dollars literally only can go towards a device, as in phone. On payment plan (which itself is fine , you can always pay it off later). So if you just don’t buy a phone , or buy one elsewhere; they’re then somewhat useless.

Personally, I never redeem device dollars. I do however, highly recommend checking the rewards once a month, I get a $5 amazon gift card almost every month right now, so I’ll take $50-60 back a year on my phone plan.

Btw, there are account level promos that come and go that sometimes are xx% off a phone. Right now the main one is $200 off the iPhone pro / max series or off the galaxy S20 series, which $200 off a $1,000 phone is 20% off. It’s just pretty specific on what phones (not the iPhone 11 or Galaxy S10 for instance), and it varies who gets it, it’s some algorithm that applies it to accounts.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

I just wish you could apply the BOGO to an existing line. I already have 7, my loyalty is clear.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AlexDeGruven posted:

I just wish you could apply the BOGO to an existing line. I already have 7, my loyalty is clear.

I agree, but it isn’t meant to keep customers, it’s meant to get people to switch from other carriers.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Yeah, I get it. Convert single accounts to family plans, encourage families to give their kid a phone, etc.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
About to give up my grandfathered unlimited plan because coronavirus means I am never out of the house. For 1 line is there any particular advantage of picking the base "unlimited" plan over the 5 GB plan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

waffle iron posted:

About to give up my grandfathered unlimited plan because coronavirus means I am never out of the house. For 1 line is there any particular advantage of picking the base "unlimited" plan over the 5 GB plan?

You get the "perks" of free Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu Plus, and Apple Music. :shrug:

Apple Music only comes with Play/Get More plans, though - I think it's only six months free on the lower plans.