Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Farten Barfen posted:

I know it's not exactly in the spirit of the game, but I paid some guy $5 on Ebay to come drop off 1200 gold. It's been nice because I can hook up all of my friends with gold and gold stuff, though.
Edit: If you want some gold I can drop you a stack of 30 if you come by, just ask when you're here

THANK YOU FOR THE GOLD. I thought you dropped one and it still woulda made my night!

Eiba posted:

I've gotten almost all my gold from nook mile islands. Don't know for sure, but it feels like rocks have a very different drop rate on islands vs your town.

If I'm touring a ton if islands (to browse villagers or whatever), I usually eat fruit and just smash the rocks. I think if it was going to drop a gold piece it will drop it when you smash it. Like how money rocks drop the largest bag of money if you smash them. In any case, I usually get a gold nugget once every three or four islands, I think, but I haven't kept careful count.

I have never gotten a single gold nugget on a mystery island but I’ll start smashing the rocks. Thanks for the tip!

Metaline fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

Metaline posted:

THANK YOU FOR THE GOLD. I thought you dropped one and it still woulda made my night!

No worries, enjoy! I'll be AFK for a bit so as an update for everybody else, there are two masks left and one gold watering can left (along with a bunch of DIYs and fossils)

Thanks for stopping by!

gregday
May 23, 2003

Thanks I got a tut mask!

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I wonder if this means that you'll slip and fall if you sprint on rainy days now. My villagers keep warning me about it, so maybe so!

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Spellman posted:

I was just in this town and I crashed as I was leaving. I left the Lily 😛 I hope no one lost their stuff, I got my amp back

Looks okay for the cataloging area. It didn't crash, but it did kick people back to the airport.

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
Still got one mask and one gold watering can sitting there and I'll probably close up sometime soon. COME TAKE MY DIYS AND OTHER ASSORTED poo poo FROM MY BEACH IF YOU'D LIKE!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Farten Barfen posted:

I know it's not exactly in the spirit of the game, but I paid some guy $5 on Ebay to come drop off 1200 gold. It's been nice because I can hook up all of my friends with gold and gold stuff, though.
Edit: If you want some gold I can drop you a stack of 30 if you come by, just ask when you're here

getting gold sucks. im almost to the point of buying some myself

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Farten Barfen posted:

I paid some guy $5 on Ebay to come drop off 1200 gold.

drat that's tempting, I could literally bathe my island in golden terlets for less than the price of a delivery lunch :sweatdrop:

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Farten Barfen posted:

Still got one mask and one gold watering can sitting there and I'll probably close up sometime soon. COME TAKE MY DIYS AND OTHER ASSORTED poo poo FROM MY BEACH IF YOU'D LIKE!

I came and got one earlier, thank you! I had just crafted away my 20ish gold nuggets before the patch came out and was very sad about having to wait.

night slime
May 14, 2014
I went to a nook miles tour for the first time in a while and I got a piece of gold from every rock which I assume is highly improbable to actually get normally. Guessing it had something to do with the mask DIY.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
i paid someone to play the game and make the island for me and pretend to be me but now my friends are suspicious of it not being me because the guy isn't as nearly as stupid as i am

night slime
May 14, 2014
You could prolly arrange some pretty cool racing areas with the King Tut mask. I'm uh too busy to think of any though

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

drat that's tempting, I could literally bathe my island in golden terlets for less than the price of a delivery lunch :sweatdrop:

You could keep the five bucks and learn how to edit your own save file.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bonster posted:

Fireworks Kick-Off!

DODO Code: HBGW6

Cataloging time on Rhosyn! Come celebrate fireworks season and touch some goodies! Free stuff to the right of the airport. Visit my new improved cataloging location (follow the signs). I’m a big fan of drawings on my board! Feel free to pull any weeds and pick up sticks if you come across them.

All catalog items are complete sets!

* Mountain Bikes
* Soft Serve Lamps
* Clay Furnace
* Royal crown and crown (the spendy ones)
* Rocket Lamps
* Popcorn
* Mr. And Mrs. Flamingo
* Firepit
* Garden Gnomes
* Floor Lights
* Barbecues
* Smokers
* Golf Bags
* Humidifier (it’s humid in the summer, you know?)
* Beach Balls
* Sand Castles

Bits and Pieces I don’t have full sets of but I’m putting out anyway:

* Small Tiaras (gold and silver)
* Air Conditioner (gray and pink)

Remember - pick up and put down, don’t take! If you want to take something, take the giveaways to the right of the airport. Follow the signs to the cataloging area. Thanks to all the goons who helped contribute to the catalog!

Wishlist: (don’t feel obligated, this is for future catalog parties so it’s kind of a “it would be nice but not needed or expected” list. But that takes too long to type.) https://nookplaza.net/lists/52085

Do you still need a pink laptop? Because I can get one for you?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bonster posted:

Looks okay for the cataloging area. It didn't crash, but it did kick people back to the airport.

Nice, if only every crash could go that smoothly

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Bonster posted:

Fireworks Kick-Off!

DODO Code: HBGW6

Cataloging time on Rhosyn! Come celebrate fireworks season and touch some goodies! Free stuff to the right of the airport. Visit my new improved cataloging location (follow the signs). I’m a big fan of drawings on my board! Feel free to pull any weeds and pick up sticks if you come across them.

* Mountain Bikes
* Soft Serve Lamps
* Clay Furnace
* Rocket Lamps
* Popcorn
* Mr. And Mrs. Flamingo
* Firepit
* Garden Gnomes
* Floor Lights
* Barbecues
* Smokers
* Golf Bags
* Beach Balls
* Sand Castles

Remember - pick up and put down, don’t take! If you want to take something, take the giveaways to the right of the airport. Follow the signs to the cataloging area. Thanks to all the goons who helped contribute to the catalog!

Wishlist: (don’t feel obligated, this is for future catalog parties so it’s kind of a “it would be nice but not needed or expected” list. But that takes too long to type.) https://nookplaza.net/lists/52085

I've got the gold wrestling figure and purple studio light if you still need. Can order a silver wall mounted LCD and pink laptop as well. When's the next time you'll be open?

Edit: My Nook's is currently selling the blue oil barrel

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Aug 2, 2020

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I heard that there was gardening coming and that might be interesting, but wasn't there something like that already found in the files back in April?

Was there something new discovered?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Reiley posted:

That sounds like a good idea except that I'll probably brick my island in the process knowing my luck

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But then you'd be free, free!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Went villager hunting looking for a cute peppy today and passed over Tia (x2), Marina (x2), Octavian, Ankha, Coco and Raymond. Plus ones I personally really like, like Annalisa, Tasha and Ken. No regrets apart from Tia, she's super cute.

Spent 101 tickets (never again, totally exhausting and takes hours) but ended up with Bluebear :woop:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Reiley posted:

I would pay :10bux: not to have to learn it myself, concerns about bricking it/getting caught aside.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Redd looks adorable in his little carnival outfit.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
The fireworks are nice; I made a custom butt farting fire one and everyone loves it. And I got star boppers!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

eating only apples posted:

Went villager hunting looking for a cute peppy today and passed over Tia (x2), Marina (x2), Octavian, Ankha, Coco and Raymond. Plus ones I personally really like, like Annalisa, Tasha and Ken. No regrets apart from Tia, she's super cute.

Spent 101 tickets (never again, totally exhausting and takes hours) but ended up with Bluebear :woop:

drat and I thought the 35 islands I did yesterday was ridiculous. I also saw Marina twice!

Ended up with Static who was one of my dream choices so I'm pleased as punch.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

MokBa posted:

drat and I thought the 35 islands I did yesterday was ridiculous. I also saw Marina twice!

Ended up with Static who was one of my dream choices so I'm pleased as punch.

Once I'd committed to the search for Bluebear or Dotty by rejecting Ankha at around the 30 ticket mark, I couldn't give up :v:

Static is adorable, he's on my list too!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Fireworks prepared

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The update to the custom design portal is pretty good for finding firework stuff.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Anyone interested in picking up a bunch of random stuff? I have things I do not need, and my house is overdue for a purge.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Bina posted:

Anyone interested in picking up a bunch of random stuff? I have things I do not need, and my house is overdue for a purge.

Always, anything you want in return?

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
'Regular' Wood. As much as you want to bring. I find myself making a lot of stuff with it lately.

I'll get a dodo code here in a min, gotta get my fossils identified. Also please to anyone who comes by, don't destroy or steal. Harvesting is fine.

Bina fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 2, 2020

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I have way too many spare DIYs and I would like to be rid of them. Please come and take some off my hands.

Dodo Code is 62SSB

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

runchild posted:

I have way too many spare DIYs and I would like to be rid of them. Please come and take some off my hands.

Dodo Code is 62SSB

I'll be by after I open up

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Bina posted:

'Regular' Wood. As much as you want to bring. I find myself making a lot of stuff with it lately.

I'll get a dodo code here in a min, gotta get my fossils identified. Also please to anyone who comes by, don't destroy or steal. Harvesting is fine.

Wood is the only one I'm short on, sorry :(

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Wood is the only one I'm short on, sorry :(

No worries. I'm also looking for a tenor sax if they exist

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Boofland is open. Dodo is G934D

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Bina posted:

Boofland is open. Dodo is G934D

Thank you! I boofed and GTFO'd! A lil scary but exciting!

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Thank you! I boofed and GTFO'd! A lil scary but exciting!

The GTFO is a jest :p

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

track day bro! posted:

Do you still need a pink laptop? Because I can get one for you?

I've got it now, thank you!

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Hobo Clown posted:

I've got the gold wrestling figure and purple studio light if you still need. Can order a silver wall mounted LCD and pink laptop as well. When's the next time you'll be open?

Edit: My Nook's is currently selling the blue oil barrel

Now! I have the laptop and the studio light now. Thanks!

Fireworks Kick-Off!

DODO Code: closed

I have candy machines for one friend. I can’t mail them because I haven’t been to your island! If you would like to come by I can hand them over.

* Mountain Bikes
* Soft Serve Lamps
* Clay Furnace
* Rocket Lamps
* Popcorn
* Mr. And Mrs. Flamingo
* Firepit
* Garden Gnomes
* Floor Lights
* Barbecues
* Smokers
* Golf Bags
* Beach Balls
* Sand Castles

Bonster fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Aug 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

runchild posted:

Dodo Code is 62SSB

Left you some bells by the director's chair. Thanks!