Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
this thread sucks so here's a checkbox poll as apology
goku
goku
View Results

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If you don't remember, the Fyre Festival was supposed to be this grand party with celebrities, bands, and ~influencers~ that turned out to have none of those, or really anything besides tents. It was such a disaster, the guy in charge is currently serving prison time.

Anyway if you want to bid $300 on the hat for a festival-turned-meme here you go. The merch sucks honestly, pants and shirts and wristbands and "tokens". The money goes to those who got scammed apparently.

Also the URL has 911 so, yeah, never forget and all that. :911:

Since this OP is dumb, feel free to post other dumb poo poo on auction if you want. Or reminisce over the dumb festival. Or really talk about anything else if you want, this thread doesn't really deserve the dignity of being "on topic".

I'm sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Money from the proceeds should go to ME, turd.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
bid $300 for some of that dollar store lookin apparel

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I’d bid $50 to have Ja Rule come mow my lawn.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

You gotta admit, they were at least trying to be up front about the whole thing...

They left out the word “criminal” but still... gotta give credit for the effort

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
You can bid on a bag of assorted lighters from an airport forfeiture bin.

The price seems a bit steep though.

yoloer420 fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Aug 3, 2020

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Mega64 posted:

The money goes to those who got scammed apparently.

wasn't it billed as a festival for super rich people? so the money goes to people who threw daddy's money away?

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Hammerite posted:

wasn't it billed as a festival for super rich people? so the money goes to people who threw daddy's money away?

They sold the majority of tickets for very low prices. The super rich marketing was just to make the discounts look super good! It's just like how all your favourite retailers bump all their prices up the week before a sale.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so many graphics cards on the site lmao, wonder if they busted an illegal bitcoin ring or something

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Hammerite posted:

Wouldn't the money go to the unpaid suppliers before any of the attendees?

I recall a lot of caterers, etc got royally-screwed over.

yoloer420 posted:

The price seems a bit steep though.
I've notice that always seem to happen: any kind of govt auction and the price people pay varies between buying from ebay (with a listing that includes a full description of the item and whether it works, along with buyer protection) and buying the drat thing new.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
pro watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBPg5ftCMv8

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If you need a Pool Mushroom you're in luck!

quote:

POOL MUSHROOM HAVE NO INFORMATION ON THIS... PLANS OR INSTALLATION SHEETS SEE PICTURES

Q: as the mushroom sits upside down could you give the measurement across from lip to lip so we can see how wide a trailer it will take to haul it without damaging it thank you and could the pickup time be a couple of weeks after the sale if paid for immediate around the 1 week of sept (8/1/20 10:05 PM)
A: ACROSS LIP THE BEST I CAN MEASURE IT 7'6" AND 1st WEEK IN SEPTEMBER IS OK (8/3/20 1:49 PM)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mega64 posted:

I would not buy anything from this for this reason alone. Everyone that went was filthy rich and could afford to lose the money and not even notice it was gone.

Stockholm
Apr 6, 2010
lol if it's another scam

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Mega64 posted:

Hmm yes, let me give my money to rich trust fund babies who got scammed out of their parent's money.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
Sick-rear end drinking fountain only $15

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=11&acctid=17054

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
You had the absurd $12,000 tickets (which could only buy in bulk), but most of the attendees paid for the $500/700 tickets, so more middle class/college kids than trust fund kids. But then the ticket was $500 for two weeks in the Carribean, with music, travel, lodging and food, so a lot of it was people wanting a cheap holiday, plus food and music - though maybe that should have seemed a little too cheap for that amount of content, there was no way it was going to be a profitable amount.

OldMemes fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 6, 2020

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Someone’s going to buy that and pee in its mouth

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

OldMemes posted:

You had the absurd $12,000 tickets (which could only buy in bulk), but most of the attendees paid for the $500/700 tickets, so more middle class/college kids than trust fund kids. But then the ticket was $500 for two weeks in the Carribean, with music, travel, lodging and food, so a lot of it was people wanting a cheap holiday, plus food and music - though maybe that should have seemed a little too cheap for that amount of content, there was no way it was going to be a profitable amount.

I mean, technically, they did get those things... they were flown down,

got fed

and had a place to stay

And as for music, I’m sure someone was probably playing some from their iPhone while they dragged their mattresses to their huts...

For $500, what the gently caress else do you want?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

yoloer420 posted:

Moo the cow posted:

I've notice that always seem to happen: any kind of govt auction and the price people pay varies between buying from ebay (with a listing that includes a full description of the item and whether it works, along with buyer protection) and buying the drat thing new.

Ross' is my local so I tend to keep an eye on it, and yeah it can be weird.

Anything Apple gets way overbid which isn't too surprising, but even stuff like unopened spirits (from people who forfeit them at customs rather than pay the duty) goes for more than if you just went to Dan's and bought the same thing.