Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I sat through every episode of Picard I can sit through this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Just watch Beast Wars or Transformers Prime if you want giant robot action that bad. Or the Robots In Disguise anime, which at least has funny jokes and Sky-Byte.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They should lean into the shared universe thing with the cartoons like the comics did, let them sell more tie ins and reuse old concepts. Have GI Joe be XCOM.

That's literally why they cancelled and rebooted the IDW comic.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZAwYv_N-RQ

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tighclops posted:

I sat through every episode of Picard I can sit through this

Dear lord someone stage an intervention

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

SlothfulCobra posted:

That's literally why they cancelled and rebooted the IDW comic.

From what I gather the GI Joe IDW comics went to poo poo anyway, Karen Traviss was involved, though not sure if that's what you're referring to. That and the Transformers IDW comics built up to a probably overdue conclusion with Unicron.

I mean more, having actually interesting human characters is probably what the franchise needs, and why not use the ones you have already gathering dust? Transformers Prime had a lot of fun with tension with the human contact with the US gov and the villainous third party that was basically evil XCOM.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Did Traviss get up to her usual tricks of fetishizing a warrior culture at the expense of a pre-existing group of characters?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I watched an episode of the new series and it appears to be transformers but they said "rear end" so 0/10

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Polaron posted:

Did Traviss get up to her usual tricks of fetishizing a warrior culture at the expense of a pre-existing group of characters?

I dunno, I just know her arc was incredibly poorly recieved. Also that'd be an achievement given that's literally what GI Joe and Cobra already are, and they even have ninja clans with members on both sides.

Was interesting that 'the Hard Master' is a better character morally than 'the Soft Master'.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
For Netflix original content about the transformers that’s good I recommend The Toys That Made Us episode on Transformers

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Not Netflix, but Chris McFeely's The Basics is also good Educational Transformers content.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

For Netflix original content about the transformers that’s good I recommend The Toys That Made Us episode on Transformers

This is great because it's where I first learned that there exists a transforming magnum revolver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Does it have the same narrator as the guy from The Movies That Made Us? Because holy poo poo I tried to watch the Die Hard episode of that and couldn't make it five minutes because of him.