Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

stopped reading when you dismissed reconguista in g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

stopped reading when you dismissed reconguista in g

G self is a bastard robot and I hate its mobile armor that farts out more missiles than I have suicide shield GunEZs

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/yp3jgy/why-i-celebrate-winter-een-mas-a-winter-holiday-for-gamers

its almost that time again!!! wintereenmas the christmas for gamers!!!!!!!!!

celebrate tim buckley the creator and gamer lord. still makign great comics:

drat fuckin laughed my rear end off. and then rolled around the floor, laughign. what are your wintereenmas plans? :D

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I plan to think about our greatest losses

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I can't stop thinking about the Republic of Gamers

Why do they quote MLK and the Declaration of Independence

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
More like report bad humans and save our games

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You treat us like white Americans treated black people in 1800

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

gamers are obsessed with being oppressed for "enjoying play" a thing all humans do

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lol if u still just "play games" instead of partake in the art making process by being the vessel by which a videogame can manifest

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Video games are just games to you? I pity you. Truly

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Khanstant posted:

lol if u still just "play games" instead of partake in the art making process by being the vessel by which a videogame can manifest
:hai:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Druckmann looked at them and said, "With film this is impossible, but with Games all things are possible."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Everybody's talking about pizza but you know what I've got a hankering for?

Scrapple.

I should see if I can convince KCB to let me get some scrapple. She hates it and I feel like a lot of people would hate it based on what it is but I enjoy it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Do not talk to me about philosophy in public you weirdo.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Everybody's talking about pizza but you know what I've got a hankering for?

Scrapple.

I should see if I can convince KCB to let me get some scrapple. She hates it and I feel like a lot of people would hate it based on what it is but I enjoy it.

I mean word games aren't for everyone

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Twilight Imperium, an already VERY big game, is getting a new expansion that allows up to 8 players; and a bunch of other game breaking poo poo and new features

6 player games of TI can take upwards of 10-12+ hours to play.
I cannot WAIT to play a 8 player game :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM8PVb8I9vI

For reference this is the components in the base game

I love it so much :allears:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Twilight Imperium is not necessarily a great game, but it is a phenomenal experience.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

My group couldn't even get our heads around that ridiculous Game of Thrones board game. Twilight Imperium looks like a weekend of confused rules reading and crying.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's honestly not that confusing once you start playing, but you do have to have head about you for strategy games to begin with.

If you're ever played a RTS with base building and resource gthering, you're halfway there on how the game is structured.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

get behind it and stab its ankles, dumbass

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

a comic that makes me think "yeah, it be like that" and still didn't get so much as the beginning of a smile

buckley has talent

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

How the hell does a professional historical novelist type 'octorok eyeball' into a list of dye ingredients and not get a little curious? That is hilarious.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

that dude is a transphobic hack who can't even use google correctly. what a clown lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xedo posted:

How the hell does a professional historical novelist type 'octorok eyeball' into a list of dye ingredients and not get a little curious? That is hilarious.

More subtly and less obviously, "Silent Princess" is the name of the flowers Zelda likes in BotW as well lol

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
State of Play on Thursday, but it's only about third-party games, mostly about PS4 games, and the only PS5 games being shown are ones that were previously announced at the June showcase. oh well, there will probably be some interesting indies at least, and those interest me more than big AAA games anyway

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1290271360862662656

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Things that will also not be at the state of play: Price Of the PS5

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Apparently the PSVR is fully compatible with the PS5, so I'm probably just gonna trade my Slim in towards it... if only I knew how much it is going to cost

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

maybe zelda was actually historically accurate all along. ever think about that?

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Infinitum posted:

Twilight Imperium, an already VERY big game, is getting a new expansion that allows up to 8 players; and a bunch of other game breaking poo poo and new features

6 player games of TI can take upwards of 10-12+ hours to play.
I cannot WAIT to play a 8 player game :getin:

I cannot wrap my head around a 10+ hour competitive board game. I would not be able to handle it.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

all day board games are my favorite kind. i think i've posted before about lords of the sierra madre but another one i really like is "civilization." not the board game of the computer game but the board game that inspired the computer game. it has tech trees and diplomacy and epochs and if you have 5+ civilizations in play you're looking at eight hours minimum. it was a fun and mentally stimulating way to hang out with your friends, in the before times

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I love the pc version of Talisman, with every expansion installed. It's eight hours of nothing mattering at all, purely random chance made worse by the game being unable to add numbers together correctly. It's just an endless comedy of errors

I won my first game of it by playing as the troll and shoving all the nerds into lockers when they didn't pay the troll toll

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Awesome Animals posted:

I cannot wrap my head around a 10+ hour competitive board game. I would not be able to handle it.

Behold Mega Civilization, a game for 18 players that will take all day to run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYTbO06Crvo

Long 4+ hour games are great, but they're heavy experiences. I love being able to lose myself in the strategy of the moment and really enjoy shooting the poo poo with my fellow players.
It's great fun.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I thought I liked board games, but I clearly don’t because these all sound like absolute nightmares and I’m getting physically and emotionally drained just imagining them being played

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That's why I like Legacy games. You can just play shorter games over and over again so it never gets too complex or overwhelming, but it's a different experience each time and you feel like you're progressing through a single narrative.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I also personally love games where one person is secretly on their own team and their win condition is "make everyone else lose". The last time I got to play a game like that in person I didn't know but assumed the traitor was about to win, and loving around sabotaged another player and the traitor, in fact, won. The sabotaged player tried to flip the table, failed, then came back a few minutes later, tried again, and failed again lmao

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Finally got to catch Lupin The Third The First The Movie this weekend. Buncha nazis die. A+.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

State of Play on Thursday, but it's only about third-party games, mostly about PS4 games, and the only PS5 games being shown are ones that were previously announced at the June showcase. oh well, there will probably be some interesting indies at least, and those interest me more than big AAA games anyway

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1290271360862662656

At this point I am going to assume no PS5 release this year. I'll be very surprised and happy if that happens though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They called the third Lupin Lupin the First