Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
"imagine this: our place is 5-7 sq ft smaller BUT:

we can play time crisis together"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

my dad gave me his old giant-rear end crt tv when he bought his first flat screen when i was in college

it was absolutely not worth the effort of moving it. how did people manage with those huge loving things. theyre more unwieldy than a dishwasher

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i eventually sold it for a hundred bucks to some couple on craigslist and im pretty sure we broke it when we were trying to tie it on top of their car

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I have a loving gigantic 36" Sony CRT television in the back of my car.

how do I sneak it into my basement without anyone knowing.

it weighs approximately six thousand pounds.

my dude why dont you just open your truink and drop that poo poo off to the the shoulder of a road at 3AM and go pickup like a nice TCL OLCD/QLED tv for like $250 at costco tomorrow?

seriously modern flat screens are so loving cheap. there's no reason to dick around with a CRT anymore

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I got this for zero dollars and you can't play Point Blank on a modern tv (yet).

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Chard posted:

does anyone remember flotilla? it was half short & poignant cyoa, half three dee fleet combat and there has to my knowledge never been anything else like it

cool game that has like two hours of content in total. the devs new game looks kinda cool though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41r_eUToltg

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
getting back into transport fever 2

transport fever 2 owns

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Chard posted:

does anyone remember flotilla? it was half short & poignant cyoa, half three dee fleet combat and there has to my knowledge never been anything else like it

I remember flotilla being stylized simplified graphics and not a lot of depth of gameplay.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

I have a loving gigantic 36" Sony CRT television in the back of my car.

how do I sneak it into my basement without anyone knowing.

it weighs approximately six thousand pounds.

You're going to do more damage to your back than that TV was worth when it was new. That set has negative value.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Farm Frenzy posted:

cool game that has like two hours of content in total. the devs new game looks kinda cool though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41r_eUToltg

oh neat i hadn't heard that they were making a new game!

RandomBlue posted:

I remember flotilla being stylized simplified graphics and not a lot of depth of gameplay.

it's blendo
e: you're not wrong at all, but that's kind of what i like about what they do

Chard has issued a correction as of 07:57 on Aug 3, 2020

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

RandomBlue posted:

You're going to do more damage to your back than that TV was worth when it was new. That set has negative value.

nah dude I got a hulkin brother with thighs of a colossus (and a hand truck)

look at this big boy

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
lol imagine how much juice this is gonna consume. I mean I have a CRT too for my video james, but it's a 14" one. Easier on my back, space and electrical bill. Not that I could put anything bigger in my tiny rear end cramped place.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

welp my wife saw me bringing the stand in so this stealth op just turned hot.

Imagining an explanation mark over your wife's head whilst the metal gear alert music plays.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
moralism is the best choice in DE and it really affected me on a deep and personal level

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

VomitOnLino posted:

lol imagine how much juice this is gonna consume. I mean I have a CRT too for my video james, but it's a 14" one. Easier on my back, space and electrical bill. Not that I could put anything bigger in my tiny rear end cramped place.

as soon as we heaved this thing into my car I knew what I signed up for o7

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

smarxist posted:

getting back into transport fever 2

transport fever 2 owns

I've been hankering for a good transport game since the days of transport tycoon

Chard posted:

heavier cargoes may require the use of a floating carrier or vehicle.

Communist Bear posted:

Imagining an explanation mark over your wife's head whilst the metal gear alert music plays.

Those both made me laugh harder than they had any right to

JollyBoyJohn has issued a correction as of 09:35 on Aug 3, 2020

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

cumshitter posted:

moralism is the best choice in DE and it really affected me on a deep and personal level

wrong, it's ultraliberalism so you get enough $$ to buy that cool streetlamp

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

cumshitter posted:

my god you are the Sunday Friend?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
im sorry, but i dont think its my place to have an opinion on what you believe about what i said

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

look at this big boy

Oh my God

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

look at this big boy

your brother is in fact quite big but also looks very old

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

did you put the massive hulking CRT tv next to your equally large old timey radio

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I've been hankering for a good transport game since the days of transport tycoon

it's incredibly good and very zen to just chill and optimize your lines, and i'm doing the campaign, very pretty game with interestingly designed systems

i'm in 1950's China now building up their transport networks

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

sometimes when I feel bummed I boot up dark souls and jump into the undead burg and I can’t seem to play anything other than knight with a quality / strength build and a zweihander

I’ve beaten DS like six times and I don’t think I’ve ever bothered with miracles or magic outside of the pyromancies you can integrate without bumping faith. one day

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

welp my wife saw me bringing the stand in so this stealth op just turned hot.

Sorry, no alerts was a success condition. Restart the mission.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://twitter.com/DanaSchwartzzz/status/1290099395220799488?s=19

thread

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

googling mongol dye recipes..ahh heres one from polygon.com excellent [copy/pastes]

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Frog Act posted:

sometimes when I feel bummed I boot up dark souls and jump into the undead burg and I can’t seem to play anything other than knight with a quality / strength build and a zweihander

I’ve beaten DS like six times and I don’t think I’ve ever bothered with miracles or magic outside of the pyromancies you can integrate without bumping faith. one day

sorcery is the literal easiest you can make DS1, any bits that are marginally more difficult because of it are trivialized by the fact that they had to assume full melee could kill things, try it if you need a completely easy romp through lordran

not as good as arcane is in bloodborne though

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Never have done sorcery in a Souls game outside of a little bit of support or a potshot or two before I close with my spear / halberd / greatsword. It seems wrong to just plink enemies from far away in that series unless you have to

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Zvahl posted:

sorcery is the literal easiest you can make DS1, any bits that are marginally more difficult because of it are trivialized by the fact that they had to assume full melee could kill things, try it if you need a completely easy romp through lordran

I did this last year and can confirm. The only thing it requires over melee builds is a bit of knowledge of how to best get started, otherwise it trivializes pretty much everything in the game

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Geralt is the number #1 potions addict....

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Zvahl posted:

Arcane takes until chalice dungeons to get powerful but Jesus Christ it's insane

I'm doing something similar in nioh2 where I just throw kunai and shurikens with 85 in that stat and if I don't have onymo protection buff or the ninja second life thing up I die to basic enemies half the time

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

just picked up Alien: Isolation on PSN for like $5, so far I’m really digging it- super atmospheric, kinda reminding me of Prey which is a very good thing. I’m hoping it will stay good and not end up coming off as dated

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

only problem i had with it is its kinda too long

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

As an Alien superfan (it's possibly my favorite movie) A:I was incredible

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

so uh

how 'bout that ubisoft?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Marx Was A Lib posted:

so uh

how 'bout that ubisoft?

new allegations or more fallout from old ones?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

new allegations or more fallout from old ones?

tommy francois was "allowed to retire" this morning amidst his allegations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
probably about the new jim sterling video if I had to guess

largely more of the same if it's that, though. not to downgrade how awful 'more of the same' of what went on at ubisoft is but it wasn't some new fire it was just 'hey look at this really bad fire it's still here'

e:

Marx Was A Lib posted:

tommy francois was "allowed to retire" this morning amidst his allegations

lol more of the same in a few ways I guess