Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Red posted:

Now quote those 1-900 numbers for Santa Claus and Superman they used to advertise

New Firefly Funhouse gimmick confirmed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq97QAYDDoI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Nice of Rock to stage an intervention, as Vince is clearly addicted to owning garbage sports leagues.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

What insane eldritch power is at the heart of the XFL that it keeps possessing the minds of men with too much money.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

CarlCX posted:

What insane eldritch power is at the heart of the XFL that it keeps possessing the minds of men with too much money.

Capitalism

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CarlCX posted:

It's either this or do actual good stuff for others and the world with that money

:lmao:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i bet the rock wants to make a film about the xfls and thinks owning the last one will help. and also thinks it will make money. But that is wrong!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ratings are down ... what can they do to boast them?

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1290341665862033408?s=20

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I just saw the avclub article about it and :stare:

While 15 million is a steal for a dead product with no players or coaches or deals in place I guess. That's loving insane he would do that, and really really dumb. I look forward to the Rock inadvertently chaining himself to do yearly Fast and Furious franchise installments and doing Saudi Blood money shows for the rest of his life to pay to keep the lights on in the XFL.

Like are the coaches, Big Game Bob especially, even loving employed by this league anymore??? The contract negotiations alone to get talent back on board is going to be insane, and has the chance to be EVEN more poo poo to their players since, and I hate to say this, there's no deep rear end pockets backing it like Vince and Ebersol had.

Also Rocky's Teramana Tequila isn't all that great and I bet you he's banking on getting Clooney money from it, but he doesn't have the smarts to have made his product as scarce as Casamigos was and is, nor having the tequila master that they had.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 3, 2020

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Malcolm Excellent posted:

USA just needs to put a new season of Psych, Monk, and... uhhhhh... Crissley?

New seasons of the street fighter and mortal kombat cartoons

and that strip poker gameshow they always rigged the girls to lose.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Blaise330 posted:

New seasons of the street fighter and mortal kombat cartoons

It's Kombat Time?!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CarlCX posted:

It was buying the XFL or TNA .

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Ratings are down ... what can they do to boast them?

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1290341665862033408?s=20

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1290345878373281792

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:lmao:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This just means they're going to lose a person from the 50 plus demo.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

if they really wanted butts in seats they'd say shane is breaking open the lockbox tonight

and then shane and the lockbox just never appear because vince rewrote the script at 4:34pm

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Shanen O’Mac gonna throw his famous lovely potato punches at the ratings

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Dave, no they're already dead

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Here comes the money

Also we've released Apollo Crews, The Authors of Pain, Lince Dorado, Jinder Mahal, and several NXT wrestlers you've never heard of. We've saved 2 million a year releasing these superstars and are reporting a record setting 300m in profits.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

You know they must be at the absolute limits of their desperation if they're down to asking Shane for help

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope Shane jumps off the Big rear end Fan

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Shane is great, he's like a living research project in how you can ruin someone who was over by turning them heel and giving them a rocket push.

And I still feel like Vince is just trying to kill him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:yeshaha:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1290347525002547200

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I thought it was just reported Vince isn’t concerned about the ratings at all

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The article says they've announced Apollo Crews vs MVP. So Crews is already back from his COVID quarantine?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Isn't this how they've run for the past 15 years?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Lmao

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Red posted:

Isn't this how they've run for the past 15 years?

Yeah but that was before they were having to tape two shows in a night.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

No one gave Vince the heads up on Shane's birthday this year so he's positive he's got someone who knows what the under 50 want.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Gumball Gumption posted:

Considering the WWE's preventative measures about the CoronaVirus.... they really might.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

RealFoxy posted:

Here comes the money

Also we've released Apollo Crews, The Authors of Pain, Lince Dorado, Jinder Mahal, and several NXT wrestlers you've never heard of. We've saved 2 million a year releasing these superstars and are reporting a record setting 300m in profits.

AEW would scoop up Apollo Crews in a heart beat.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

DogsInSpace! posted:

Considering the WWE's preventative measures about the CoronaVirus.... they really might.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

happy birthday shane

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jiro posted:

While 15 million is a steal for a dead product with no players or coaches or deals in place I guess. That's loving insane he would do that, and really really dumb. I look forward to the Rock inadvertently chaining himself to do yearly Fast and Furious franchise installments and doing Saudi Blood money shows for the rest of his life to pay to keep the lights on in the XFL.

Like are the coaches, Big Game Bob especially, even loving employed by this league anymore??? The contract negotiations alone to get talent back on board is going to be insane, and has the chance to be EVEN more poo poo to their players since, and I hate to say this, there's no deep rear end pockets backing it like Vince and Ebersol had.

Also Rocky's Teramana Tequila isn't all that great and I bet you he's banking on getting Clooney money from it, but he doesn't have the smarts to have made his product as scarce as Casamigos was and is, nor having the tequila master that they had.

Rock made 23.5 million and 15% of profits on Jumanji 2.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jiro posted:

hes umm...really rich lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jiro posted:

Given he has investment partners and the total sale price for the thing is $15 MM I don't think he will have to sweat it at all and his cut of the league is pocket change for him.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the rock probably recoups what he is going to pay yearly on the XFL every time a post-Fast Five F&F movie plays on basic cable

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I mean, a google search says he's worth $320 Million, and he put up half the money for the XFL, so $7.5 Million

I'm curious as to what he is going to do with it. There is no way you can make your money back unless you revive it, right?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
turn the xfl into an esports league

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I think he'll be fine...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the rock has $400 (four hundred dollars) in the bank