Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

i couldn't have said it better myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Minidust posted:

Honestly if this is just a weird new format for doing some rapid-fire enhancement matches, it isn’t the worst thing in the world. The Boneyard-meets-Def Jam Vendetta presentation feels a bit different, outside of the camera cuts of course.

With that said there’s no way this still exists 3 months from now, so no point giving it this much thought really

lovely worked MMA with eight billion camera cuts and Shane doing commentary sounds pretty close to the worst thing in the world to me, I dunno.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Remember how they had a stable in NXT who would have been perfect for an antifa storyline but they called them up with no plan and now one is fired, one is back in NXT and barely seen, one veered full fash and the last one befriended Harley Quinn

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i never got that vibe from sanity they just felt like old punk scene people that hang out on 7th and red river in austin talkin about how great the 80s and 90s were

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

fight island underground

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it would have been something else to see the super crazy nyutz stable representing whatever wwe is completely apolitically trying to represent now

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bloodsport Pagoda

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Thank you cj2 for making it so I won't have to watch WWE to take over for j ru

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

All Mods, IK of this sub forum should be forced to watch wwe programming.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Croc posted:

isn't mod responsibility punishment enough

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
Checked out the "highlights"
Yikeseroo

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

CarlCX posted:

I thought of you, J-Ru, when they introduced the 24/7 title match and spoke aloud the sentence "the rules of the 24/7 title are suspended for the duration of the 24/7 title match"

Obviously they didn't want any shenanigans to affect their very serious title fight, which was no-DQ and involved interference by like eight guys.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Jerusalem posted:

[*] Security cam footage from earlier of 5 people dressed like antifa protesters throwing molotovs at production generators outside the Performance Center

Oh wow who guessed the fascist carny would take a stab at antifa like this?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

No loving way, THAT is what it looked like? :lol:

Also, from The Observer:

:laugh:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The Croc posted:

Instead of sixers I'm gonna make people watch raw

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

No loving way, THAT is what it looked like? :lol:

Also, from The Observer:

:laugh:

please make that graphic the first post in all future wwe discussion threads until vince quits/sells the company/dies

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ChrisBTY posted:

Oh wow who guessed the fascist carny would take a stab at antifa like this?

I was just gonna say that if WWE does a storyline whenre the company comes under attack by antifa then aren't they basically telling on themselves?

Besides that,

Rarity posted:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:same:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Junpei Hyde posted:

Definitely glad J-Ru gave me a sixer for the dumb slap fight I got in the other day rather than being forced to watch a 3 hour Raw.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Also don't forget that Vince doesn't see himself as a millionaire, part of the corporate ruling class, or the political and cultural elite.

He sees himself as the scrappy underdog everyman, fighting the fatcats in washington, (which include his wife and his friend the prez).

So his "look at these baddies trying to disrupt corporate america by making lights flicker for a little while" attack on antifa, in Vince's mind is him being the voice of the struggling working class.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Junpei Hyde posted:

If this isn't a crime against humanity it should be.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
If antifa wants to take down WWE who am I to say they’re wrong in their pursuit?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Pretty bold of WWE to rename the third hour of Raw after their ratings.

How have they got to the point where they're trying Shane McMahon's Stripper Fight Club *before* trying really basic things like 'use a director who isn't having a fit' and 'dont antagonise the values of the 18-34 demo you're desperately trying to build'? :psyduck:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Abroham Lincoln posted:

fight island underground

I'm opening an illicit subforum where PSP posters will be forced to post in threads for my amusement until only one survivor is left

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

blunt posted:

Pretty bold of WWE to rename the third hour of Raw after their ratings.

How have they got to the point where they're trying Shane McMahon's Stripper Fight Club *before* trying really basic things like 'use a director who isn't having a fit' and 'dont antagonise the values of the 18-34 demo you're desperately trying to build'? :psyduck:

Bold ideas, but have you considered telling the audience that they're idiots and they'll like what you've decided they should like instead?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I've been binge drinking since Raw started and I just checked back into this forum and remembered Raw UNDERGROUND happened and I can't stop laughing. Holy poo poo. I can't believe I gave WWE another chance way back in 2013.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheKingslayer posted:

I've been binge drinking since Raw started

I, too, have been binge drinking since 1993

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I got strong "first hour of Nitro is nothing but the nWo sitting in a booth at Denny's and laughing" vibes from this episode.

That's not good.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I can’t believe that MRT is going to start watching WWE again because of Shane McMahon and Dexter Lumis

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

I'm opening an illicit subforum where PSP posters will be forced to post in threads for my amusement until only one survivor is left

that gimmicks taken.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
WWE is terminal. How can a random fight club pop up on tv and it looks so boring and bland?? How do you even accomplish that?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

WWE is terminal. How can a random fight club pop up on tv and it looks so boring and bland?? How do you even accomplish that?

wwe does have a real natural talent to turn anything it touches to absolute poo poo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

1glitch0 posted:

You put Kevin Dunn in charge of the production side of things.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I was about to make a post asking if there was any reason not to just replace the third hour of Raw with a repeat of a WWE Network doc, but then I remembered more people subscribe to the network than watch Raw.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Hadn’t skimmed through Raw in a while... biggest takeaway is I’m glad to learn that Dominik is actually referred to as “Dominik Mysterio”

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

should be Dominik Guerrero but i feel like we're splitting hairs here

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Minidust posted:

Hadn’t skimmed through Raw in a while... biggest takeaway is I’m glad to learn that Dominik is actually referred to as “Dominik Mysterio”

El Grande Hijo Del Mysterio

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qga12-bAS4A
"DADDY, DADDY GET ME OUT OF HERE!" - Shane McMahon

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WWE plz hire me

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Davros1 posted:

El Grande Hijo Del Mysterio
:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU