Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

All of these clips of WWE Underground are hilarious to me. It's a super-gritty underground fight club but there are 500 camera men down there and they make sure to put 10+ cuts into every 30 second fight. And nothing satisfying is ever going to come of this; either it'll remain a self-contained thing or one of the "legit fighters" will wrestle Seth Rollins or something and it'll be a disaster of clashing styles.

I cannot wait to see the clips from when Shane inevitably fights some 7 foot tall guy and kicks his rear end with the worst looking (yet somehow most dangerous in real life) punches ever. Just take Raw off the air for a while, retool the entire thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The only thing remaining from Underground in 3 months time will be Babatunde's main roster push, bank on it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
God going from aew and njpw to raw... the loving camera work is what sticks out. I was getting a loving headache. Its actively unpleasant to watch.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lid posted:

God going from aew and njpw to raw... the loving camera work is what sticks out. I was getting a loving headache. Its actively unpleasant to watch.

It's definitely gotten worse since the last time I tried to watch Raw about a year and a half ago.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Dango Bango posted:

It's definitely gotten worse since the last time I tried to watch Raw about a year and a half ago.

It has, right? I feel the same thing but wonder if I'm the one who's wrong a lot.

I want the clip of Shane getting shoot knocked out because he thought it was a good idea and then him making that weird wheezing noise again. That will make Underground worth it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lid posted:

I’ve been binging AEW to try to catch up so I can read the thread again. yesterday going through fight for the fallen I was like “this 6 man tag could be better”

and then I watched an hour of that raw :psyboom:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It has, right? I feel the same thing but wonder if I'm the one who's wrong a lot.

It *has* to be worse. I'm not sensitive to motion yet last night's Raw was actually affecting me with all the camera cuts, shakey cam, and constant movement.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
According to Alvarez the ninja who did a handspring then Shelton killed was Ricochet.

God... poor loving Ricochet. Also lol loving Ricochet. Also you suck Ricochet.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Someone on Twitter counted 76 camera cuts in the 160 seconds of the first Underground segment. That rules.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Lid posted:

According to Alvarez the ninja who did a handspring then Shelton killed was Ricochet.

His limp body was heard whimpering "glad to be here"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lid posted:

The next day Ricochet tweets that this new role has great potential for him and why can't people just enjoy things

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
What the gently caress are they doing?!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jesus WEP posted:

I can’t believe that MRT is going to start watching WWE again because of Shane McMahon and Dexter Lumis

The two minute twitter videos of #RawUnderground are the first time I've watched more than an animated gif of WWE since someone posted a fan cam of The Fiend vs Seth Rollins at a house show in Puerto Rico. It's a big draw, hope the Underground quarters did big numbers! Would love to see them double down.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i feel like it's going to be the biggest raw number since wrestlemania based on the thread size.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

The two minute twitter videos of #RawUnderground are the first time I've watched more than an animated gif of WWE since someone posted a fan cam of The Fiend vs Seth Rollins at a house show in Puerto Rico. It's a big draw, hope the Underground quarters did big numbers! Would love to see them double down.
Hearing rumours that Dexter Lumis will be on Underground next week to tap Matt Riddle out

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I explained Dexter Lumis the serial killer and mute tortured artist to my girlfriend last night and she actually cried with laughter when I showed her one of his drawings

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Numbers prediction: first two hours is higher than its been in the last month, but not good. The last hour will be a new lowest ever.

People like us got morbid curiosity, a few started dropping out, soon as the Shane thing got unveiled a ton of people dropped for good.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

JOHN CENA posted:

i feel like it's going to be the biggest raw number since wrestlemania based on the thread size.

You might be entirely right

But as a person who watched it i can say this

It was car crash TV but in being so horrifyingly boring as well as bad i have no interest in ever watching it again

Ever

It didnt even come close to so bad you can't just help but laugh along with how loving stupid it was.

Because so much of it was JUST TALKING.

So yes i jooe they do a number this week because people like me tuned in to watch it macarbe

And next week those numbers are off a cliff because we did not like what we saw and drove us away with furious strength

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Lid posted:

It was car crash TV but in being so horrifyingly boring as well as bad i have no interest in ever watching it again

Ever

It didnt even come close to so bad you can't just help but laugh along with how loving stupid it was.

So yes i jooe they do a number this week because people like me tuned in to watch it macarbe

And next week those numbers are off a cliff because we did not like what we saw and drove us away with furious strength

Yeah you can only temporarily pop the ratings with a boring, dull and insulting-to-viewers show so many times before people stop coming back. You have to actually give a good show for people to come back.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lid posted:

Ever

I mean unless you're over 50, people in your demo had already been driven off long ago.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

JOHN CENA posted:

I mean unless you're over 50, people in your demo had already been driven off long ago.

but the whole point of marketing and pushing a show like this is an attempt to get people to watch to draw them back in and rebuild an audience, we are the driven off and this was the "give us another chance" and they decided to go with lets make the worst raw of all time (in the opinion of non-watchers AND those who are still watching)

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I read the Raw report from F4wonline and I am sure that Russo is back.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jesus WEP posted:

Hearing rumours that Dexter Lumis will be on Underground next week to tap Matt Riddle out

The boom period is back!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
From this one clip SD must be the A show because this is bad but so bad i laughed heartily.

https://twitter.com/ProjectDITS/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

tfw youre in control of the underground

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Lid posted:

The camera work is basically the main reason I don’t watch WWE anymore. Even if everything else about the product was great I couldn’t watch it because it gives me such a bad headache.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This was the first Raw in ages where I saw actual people talking about it on twitter instead of maybe just wrestling reporters (and sometimes they don't) or people commenting that no one is talking about Raw.

But it seems like people maybe watched three segments and skipped the rest because there was crazy stuff on the show in the WOR recap that I never saw any talk about. Either way I hope the show does a big number because even though they will probably tape next week's show before the rating is release, I want them to think this is a hit.

More importantly I want the usual suspects to think a big rating is a sign of a show people liked and start writing think pieces about how Raw Underground is good.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shane is becom-, becom-, becoming Papa John before our very eyes

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

How much did Vince spend on the new xfl only to sell it to the rock for 15 million?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The underground thing is a decent idea but the second it starts with the fake punches and same old camera poo poo it's immediately obvious that this will be terrible for all the same reasons WWE is already bad. Also the strippers. Hard douchechill vibes watching just that 3:00 clip of babatunde pretending to fight a guy. It'd be kinda cool if they had A camera, maybe two, and kayfabe'd no crew being there because they're underground or whatever but this poo poo sucks. I feel like they'll bring some viewers back because it's technically different and their ratings will probably spike for a few weeks but considering they couldn't even put their whole rear end into it on week one by doing more than ~15 minutes focused on it I am looking forward to this being unceremoniously dropped in a few weeks.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

How much did Vince spend on the new xfl only to sell it to the rock for 15 million?

Seems like around $200mil https://xflnewsroom.com/news/vince-mcmahon-reportedly-spent-200-million-to-re-boot-the-xfl/

Would be the funniest random thing I've read today if I hadn't already read this sentence:

Lid posted:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lid posted:

lmao

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

https://i.imgur.com/l8Gnxv2.mp4

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Am I having a stroke?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Lid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZXMiAJspuI

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

This is foolish, but it’s kind of fun to wrack my brain to come up with the kayfabe explanation of why Raw Underground exists, why anyone would participate and the justification the company has to put it on TV. Like, did Shane just roll up to 8 camera operators and tell them to follow him?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

if they're going to bring russo back they better tell us. the only thing that would ever make me tune into wwe programming again is if russo is running one of the shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Beat me to it, also would have accepted the stadium stampede version that I can't find anymore