Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

oh but seriously I posted:

let shane fight for real coward vince

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Dancing babes are a draw.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Iskanderson posted:

This week:
8PM 1.71mil
9PM 1.824mil
10PM 1.61mil

Last week:
8PM 1.669 mil
9PM 1.688 mil
10PM 1.463 mil

are these numbers an average for the whole hour or at the start/end of the hour?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Does Bryan release the demos for RAW or just the Wednesday shows? Not sure what RAW and Smackdown’s demos usually are I assume they skew very young and older without much in the 18/49

Some demo specifics are usually on ShowbuzzDaily http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-monday-cable-originals-network-finals-8-3-2020.html

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

8PM 1.71mil
9PM 1.824mil
10PM 1.61mil

They teased the Shane O'Mac stuff to start at 10, only for it to start like 10 minutes too early, right? So they had the interest of viewers, gained more viewers in the second hour, and out of those 1.8 million people 200,000 viewers saw the first part of RAWU and said "No, gently caress this", and changed the channel / turned off the TV. Doesn't exactly point to RAWU working out.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Kennel posted:

When your audience is exclusively 'boomers who still go to strip clubs' they would be yeah

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Germansimp posted:

They teased the Shane O'Mac stuff to start at 10, only for it to start like 10 minutes too early, right? So they had the interest of viewers, gained more viewers in the second hour, and out of those 1.8 million people 200,000 viewers saw the first part of RAWU and said "No, gently caress this", and changed the channel / turned off the TV. Doesn't exactly point to RAWU working out.

i'm not a nielson house but i did turn it off as soon as RAW underground showed up. I watched the ending of the segment today which was good, I really like Hurt Business as a concept and all three of those guys are very talented. RAW underground is very stupid and reductive nonsense to me though, hope it doesn't come back or stay long.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cerebral Bore posted:

So what I'm seeing here is that they drew in about 100k people rubbernecking at the slow-motion trainwreck in addition to the people who have WWE on as background noise.

Against the highly touted return of the NBA on Monday nights that people swore up and down would crush Raw.

But what they didn't count on is the NBA can't handle Raw Underground.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

are these numbers an average for the whole hour or at the start/end of the hour?

The average for the hour.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Kennel posted:

But only for 1.4 seconds at a time.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I work with someone that is a hardcore WWE mark in every sense of the word - like diehard level. Today they came in and I asked how the show was - they sat silently at their chair for a few minutes and then said "I just can't watch it anymore, man"

Its one of the funniest and saddest things I've ever seen lol

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

When your audience is exclusively 'boomers who still go to strip clubs' they would be yeah

The over 50 demo actually dropped and 12-34 went up in the third hour

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I thought about the idea of RAW having different "sets" and leaning more into the cinematic stuff to help quarantine the wrestlers and work a bit around not having fans around to make it look depressing and whew they certainly did do that in the worst possible way. This is still the WWE after all, everything needs 100 camera cuts a minute, the writing needs to be bad, and the wrestler are absolutely not allowed to get over in the ring and must use the WWE House style.

For fun, the ideas I had for different set locations were:

Bray's Swamp/Firefly Funhouse: Alternating sets, where wrestlers who find themselves stuck in the Funhouse are randomly morphed into their older gimmicks and the crowd is full of puppets. The Swamp is for people who "Misbehave or break the rules" and they're sent out there to fight The Fiend and random Wyatt Family goons off.

The 24/7 Warehouse: The WWE warehouse full of old props and sets where a bunch of midcarders are trapped inside the warehouse and just trading the 24/7 title back and forth. Doesn't actually need a ring but there might be one there anyway; someone finds the old WWE Hardcore Title in the warehouse and part of the warehouse becomes the hardcore zone while R-Truth is constantly trying to find a safe place to hide.

Fight Club: They basically already did this, but poorly.

The Boneyard: Undertaker's backyard where tougher guys like AoP, Drew, Viking Raiders, Aliestar and others are just wrestling to impress The Undertaker. I don't know why, who cares.

The rest of the show can just be at the performance center but 8~ hours of content every week taking place in the same stuffy small areas with very little fans wore thin a long time ago and isn't getting much better :v:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

OctoberCountry posted:

Chris Jericho's spell has been broken

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Orange Carlisle posted:

I work with someone that is a hardcore WWE mark in every sense of the word - like diehard level. Today they came in and I asked how the show was - they sat silently at their chair for a few minutes and then said "I just can't watch it anymore, man"

Its one of the funniest and saddest things I've ever seen lol

Hope you convinced them to sub to Wrestle Universe as a substitute

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Chris Jericho's spell has been broken

Shane McMahon HUGE with teen boys

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
NightRaw girls are a draw.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

The average for the hour.

so everyone stuck around for shane's fight club and tuned out after it flopped

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I challenge anyone to step into the PSP underground. It's very similar to the Raw underground except the ring is surrounded by a moat filled with piss

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RealMikeBennett/status/1290743176248999936

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

It got their demo number back to where it was for 2 hours but it looks like the third hour had the same sharp drop off it always does. It really seems like the Raw Underground turned the olds off something fierce though. First time in a long while I'm intrigued to see if they hold those 18-34s or merely lose them again next week.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OctoberCountry posted:

Shane McMahon is some kind of demogod.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
it shouldn't be a great shock ratings spiked for this, as pointed out just look at the size of the forum thread which had more posts in hour one alone than the last like six months of raw threads had total

the thing is that those of us who were there have no desire to come back

it will be fun next week if they get a fresh run of people being "god i have to watch this" and they are th product who now having seen it are "oh my god this is just bad" so WWE has run through the morbidly curious and then the REALLY morbidly curious

and they lose over 50s because theres a difference between "im loyal" and "im too old for this poo poo"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Also the hilarious comparisons to the attitude era but also that they really mean the Vince Russo-era. The last time WWE felt like the attitude era in the "yes this is what i miss from the modern product" was Becky v Ronda v Charlotte backstage brawl. They struck lightning in a bottle with that and they never replicated it. This feels like attitude era in the same way The Fat Chick Thrilla or Beaver Cleavage did.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so everyone stuck around for shane's fight club and tuned out after it flopped

They tuned in to check it out, saw how cool it was, but then when faced with more boring regular Raw they tuned out, but came back to see if any sweet Raw Underground might be on later in the hour.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The Antifa bullshit got into mainstream news sites a bit. I’d guess a lot of people were curious if RAW was taking a turn from the usual tedious kind of awful into the hilarious late-WCW trainwreck awful.

I have no real desire to watch anything WWE, but if they take a hard turn into Judy Bagwell on a Pole territory I’d probably watch for a week or two.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's mostly just telling to me that even with a noticeable increase, it's still well under 2mil

For them throwing all the tricks they could pull at the wall at once

I really don't think a lot of the people who are gone because of how underwhelmed they were seeing things in an empty arena during the corona era are ever coming back, even when the fans in attendance do

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
I can't buy into the antifa poo poo. If I own a business and you work for me and throw a Molotov cocktail at my equipment and start causing lights to go out during my longest running syndicated TV show or whatever I'm firing your rear end as soon as I find out who you are

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1290786185397317634

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

It's mostly just telling to me that even with a noticeable increase, it's still well under 2mil

For them throwing all the tricks they could pull at the wall at once

I really don't think a lot of the people who are gone because of how underwhelmed they were seeing things in an empty arena during the corona era are ever coming back, even when the fans in attendance do

it is unbelievable how different AEW and WWE corona "crowds" are.

seriously RAW had to have some guy with the script and "BOO/CHEER" signs so that crowd noises did not affect the promos at all

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao the LIVEPower stickers

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WWE sucks for not naming them Justus.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I mean at least the underground thing was something different from what they've been doing even if it's also bad

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

I was expecting the name Chapo Trap House

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Orange Carlisle posted:

I mean at least the underground thing was something different from what they've been doing even if it's also bad

Im watching AEW Dark right now and Abadon is on screen. She has 18 months of experience total. She is an undead creature.

I'm mentioning this because she is different and by WWE standards hopelessly inexperienced. The thing us she is different but good, got over organically, and it somehow doesnt feel like im watching something that isnt pro wrestling.

Different isn't an end point. Its a start. Being different AND bad is the worst.

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It has, right? I feel the same thing but wonder if I'm the one who's wrong a lot.

I want the clip of Shane getting shoot knocked out because he thought it was a good idea and then him making that weird wheezing noise again. That will make Underground worth it.

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApFjIuVtJWU&t=278s

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

So, are they ninjas?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lid posted:

Im watching AEW Dark right now and Abadon is on screen. She has 18 months of experience total. She is an undead creature.

I'm mentioning this because she is different and by WWE standards hopelessly inexperienced. The thing us she is different but good, got over organically, and it somehow doesnt feel like im watching something that isnt pro wrestling.

Different isn't an end point. Its a start. Being different AND bad is the worst.

I'm not disagreeing with you, different doesn't mean good

But at least they're not doing the same poo poo they've been doing every week for years expecting something different

This time they're doing something they tried years ago that failed and expecting something different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
No the ninjas is an entirely different faction.