Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Vegeta's arc is pretty simple:

1. I'm going to enjoy putting this low class trash in his place
2. What do you mean he can keep up with me
3. Go to 1

Repeat until end of Buu Saga.

It isn't really until Vegeta dies that he manages to get over himself, even a little, and start treating Goku as a rival instead of an obstacle.

Also, the reason Vegeta focuses so much more on Goku is also simple: Goku is a Saiyan. Not a half-breed like Gohan, whose attributes and attitude can be blamed on his half-Earthling genes. Goku was low class, Vegeta was an arrogant royal, Goku had the gall to near his level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I still say that Abridged had it right in that Vegeta's hateboner for Goku is the only thing that gets him up in the morning. Especially considering he's got pretty much absolutely nothing going on in his life after Frieza's gone.

I figure he wasn't too bothered by Yajirobe mostly because out of sight, out of mind, and it became clear at that point the Oozaru form was a crutch anyway.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I was just rewatching Jiren vs Goku again and I really appreicate how loose Goku fights in UI. His arms kinda hang there when not in use and when he's dodging they just kinda flop. It's a little detail but I think it brings together how Goku is fighting on instinct and the body is almost on autopilot.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I still say that Abridged had it right in that Vegeta's hateboner for Goku is the only thing that gets him up in the morning.

Phrasing!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's genuinely surprising just how ugly Heroes is and how it only seems to get worse with time but hey, new opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxSQWxJ0D2o

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

is that Vegeta SSj4-God using the loving Ryuken?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Black August posted:

Yes. Why? Because gently caress you, that's why.

That's basically on par with Vegeta using Kamehameha. Worse, even, because Dragon Fist is literally only a Goku move. He'd never forgive himself.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

that is so weird, it was already kind of titillating to see Vegeta technically 'use' the Kamehameha when fused as Vegito/Gogeta, but outright using Goku's ONLY unique move ever in a combo attack with him...

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Black August posted:

Yes, though it should be noted that he doesn't have that attack in-game. Double Dragon Fist is a new Card Action Ability (a special effect triggered in X round of a battle, given to several cards, separate from their actual special attacks) which, as shown by the trailer, is used by SSFP4LB Goku and Vegeta, between others (SS3 Vegeta and SS3 Future Trunks come to mind, but there's a few more).

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yes, though it should be noted that he doesn't have that attack in-game. Double Dragon Fist is a new Card Action Ability (a special effect triggered in X round of a battle, given to several cards, separate from their actual special attacks) which, as shown by the trailer, is used by SSFP4LB Goku and Vegeta, between others (SS3 Vegeta and SS3 Future Trunks come to mind, but there's a few more).

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

In my opinion, the Dragon Fist is good and all living creatures should perform it so I applaud the new "Share the Wealth" initiative

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I mean, Goku "borrows" moves from everyone else, so it's only fair that everyone else starts borrowing from Goku

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

No one in Dragon Ball has ever cared about copyright theft and I dont know why fans keep getting bent out of shape about it

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
In the first xenoverse game (haven't played the second) it was both by far the best physical special move and the only one your created character couldn't learn. Not because Goku own the copyright, but because of the animation it used. This bothered me more than it should have because my character was a human who did infinite punching combos.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Shinji2015 posted:

I mean, Goku "borrows" moves from everyone else, so it's only fair that everyone else starts borrowing from Goku

That's fine for literally anyone else, but Vegeta has made it a point to say he doesn't want to use any of Goku's moves. It's just out of character, but whatevs. It's an anime meant to sell...cards? Or something?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Is the actual Heroes game any better than the anime?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

multijoe posted:

No one in Dragon Ball has ever cared about copyright theft and I dont know why fans keep getting bent out of shape about it

Vegeta hates using Goku's stuff, he had a whole complaint issue about being forced to use IT a few months ago.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Darko posted:

Vegeta hates using Goku's stuff, he had a whole complaint issue about being forced to use IT a few months ago.

Fair, but that's Vegeta thinking he's too good for Goku's moves, not 'ORIGINAL MOVE DO NOT STEAL'

In any case I'd agree its bad and ignoring characterisation for tacky marketing (though what else is Heroes?)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I mean it's fun because Heroes is just a mech-seller game, let them go insane with the most braindead What Ifs because lol Vegeta using goddamn Ryuken WITH Goku while in Super Saiyan Gogeta-4 mode

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The Switch version of DB Heroes is pretty fun, if completely stupid. It is just an electronic card game though, there's less gameplay than like, Dokkan Battle. But you can make three separate Jirens all join Cooler's Armored Squadron then spontaneously transform into Master Roshi so its good

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

In the first xenoverse game (haven't played the second) it was both by far the best physical special move and the only one your created character couldn't learn. Not because Goku own the copyright, but because of the animation it used. This bothered me more than it should have because my character was a human who did infinite punching combos.

You can get it in the second, in fact I made a melee Saiyan entirely for it...and then never used it because it kind of sucked, heavy Ki requirement for a very easy to miss strike. Very flashy though.

Nanigans posted:

That's fine for literally anyone else, but Vegeta has made it a point to say he doesn't want to use any of Goku's moves. It's just out of character, but whatevs. It's an anime meant to sell...cards? Or something?

Nnnnot quite. The game existed since much before, the opening there is for the game, not the anime. The anime merely adapts the game's main storyline to sell cards, it's specifically a promotional anime, but this is unconnected from it...right now, since it'll be adapted next episode.

Larryb posted:

Is the actual Heroes game any better than the anime?

Sort of? The Switch game is pretty good in its original story mode, but you also have every story mode from a certain point of the game in so it has a crapton of content...which is hard as balls and honestly not recommended. I had no fun with it, especially since part of the fun of the original story mode was letting you make your own cards, which the main game doesn't allow. But it's kept Dragon Ball alive for years until Super happened, so clearly Japan loves it.

Also we got another thing from Heroes, the Saiyan avatar can now use Ultra Instinct -Sign-...and they hosed up giving him the silver eyes. Great job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArCOkU0eY-M

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Vegeta shouldn’t use Goku trchniques because DB attacks already can be a bit samey as is

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Also Mira has a new design and Super 17 has a new form, officially giving him more forms than he had episodes in GT.

And the next update will bring in a new Super Full Power Saiyan 4 Limit Break, likely Vegetto Xeno.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I see Mira has achieved Super Saiyan Clubbin' Casual.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

One of my favorite things about Heroes is the switch game has several creator modes where you can, for example, make a card that is just 20 stamps of Vegeta's face but summons as Perfect Cell or do a custom mission that has you face 1 saibaman at minimum health but drops rewards like you cleared a max difficulty story mission

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I love that stupid mask because it never fools anyone because faces don’t matter on a Toryiama character

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Black August posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EKTw50Uf8M

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Black August posted:

I thought it was Bojack at first cause I forgot what he looked like and thought “FINALLY, he’s interesting”

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Aside from the words they scream out, is there really anything functionally different between a kamehameha and any of Vegeta's own charged beams?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

iamsosmrt posted:

Aside from the words they scream out, is there really anything functionally different between a kamehameha and any of Vegeta's own charged beams?

When was the last time you saw a feet galick gun, or a remotely aimed galick gun, or a tony hawk's pro skater galick gun?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the galick gun is purple (except for when it isn't)

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I feel like my headcanon is that Vegeta invented a charged attack that can hit above his power level and felt pretty smart about it because no one else in the galaxy seems to know how to do that except he got to Earth and like everyone there to stop him has figured out that ki manipulation secret and much more

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Vegeta's big attacks always seemed to across as trying to compress the Ki for lack of better term.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

if vegeta was smart he'd just steal tiens techniques so kamehameha is hard countered.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

iamsosmrt posted:

Nothing between Kamehameha and Galick Gun, Vegeta outright points out they're the same move in the beam clash between those two with Goku.

Final Flash is just stronger but also has a much longer charge time.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Needs to happen: someone with Tien's multi-arm technique all doing kamehamehas

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Black August posted:

Needs to happen: someone with Tien's multi-arm technique all doing kamehamehas

You're thinking too small

Multi Arm technique SPECIAL BEAM CANNON

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Someone should use the Multi-Arm technique, then in a very DBZ move use the Multi-Arm technique 2, turning all their fingers into new arms with their own hands and fingers, then fire batteries of Death Beams from their 100 fingers

E: Mirai Trunks learning the Multi-Arm technique for the explicit and specific purpose of doing new and more complex hand seals for the Super Burning Attack

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Burkion posted:

You're thinking too small

Multi Arm technique SPECIAL BEAM CANNON

My final boss alarm is going haywire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

double dragon fist is cool

also vegeta already hates fusing so it's not like he loves final kamehameha or w/e