Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

how is that not parody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
for real tho that has to be parody

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The Tesla defenders have logged on too

https://twitter.com/anakinsella/status/1290940689103163392

e: it's definitely real:

gschmidl has issued a correction as of 14:44 on Aug 5, 2020

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

RuBisCO posted:

Apologies if this is a bit off topic, but this thread has done a great job of making me never want to get inside a Tesla. Elon Musk sucks eggs, so it works out.

But with the 'vid not going away anytime soon, I'm avoiding public transit and considering an electric vehicle more and more. What's the best thing out there on the market? My commute is long enough that in absence of transit, I need a car.

How long is your commute

yunichel
Apr 27, 2010
The grain silo actually flew... the mad men have done it

https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1290854457136181248?s=20

A sneak peek into the future of Starship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d34j56ERU8

yunichel has issued a correction as of 15:32 on Aug 5, 2020

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

wow an engineer discovered the concept of surface area

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Tesla isnt a space company they are a deepfake company

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Why did they put in overly complicated landing legs on it.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
tesla engineer discovering novel concept the square

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

They definitely already sell chocolate in other shapes then chips???

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
also lol @ the chocolate chip isn't an engineered shape

like that poo poo comes out like that by accident or something.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Goodpancakes posted:

They definitely already sell chocolate in other shapes then chips???

are you calling a tesla engineer - people who trained under the greatest mind of the 21st century - an idiot bitch? a fucker moron??? how dare you

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
chocolate chip cookies fuckin own

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Giga Gaia posted:

are you calling a tesla engineer - people who trained under the greatest mind of the 21st century - an idiot bitch? a fucker moron??? how dare you

"there was simply no other way of extruding chocolate before now"

- definitely a genius

finally, at long last, we are no longer prisoner to the whims of this clearly accidental nozzle shape

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

wait I thought Dandelion Chocolate was a fake google company they use on their Maps UI screenshots

systemic racism at $30 a bag? is this a startup

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is there a template for these or something? "No one thought it was possible to create *simple object* like this before? But I'm an engineer who worked for three months at *big company* and I did it. Click here to also find out my thoughts on ethnic minorities"

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

infernal machines posted:

"there was simply no other way of extruding chocolate before now"

- definitely a genius

finally, at long last, we are no longer prisoner to the whims of this clearly accidental nozzle shape

'1-24 of over 6,000 results for "chocolate molds"'

thank you elon for making this possible ಥ﹏ಥ

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

Is there a template for these or something? "No one thought it was possible to create *simple object* like this before? But I'm an engineer who worked for three months at *big company* and I did it. Click here to also find out my thoughts on ethnic minorities"

hmm i'm making 6 figgies for making web pages that control your cars windshield wipers, but i still have to buy $2.50 bags of chocolate chips like a plebe? if only there was a more expensive option i could blow my disposable income on

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
Silicon valley can't stop inventing things that already exist.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Testvan posted:

Silicon valley can't stop inventing things that already exist.

but worse, because we're all too drat smart to bother understanding why things are done the way they are

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 17:00 on Aug 5, 2020

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

infernal machines posted:

but worse, because we're all too drat smart to bother understanding why things are done the way they are

better yet, it's not even original ideas in a lot of cases

like reusable rockets that land on their own was an idea already around

vacuum train tubes, same thing

but apparently nobody else was genius enough to make it work*

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Why did they put in overly complicated landing legs on it.

It looks like they just rotate straight out? If you're referring to the number of them, presumably its so any individual one can fail and it not matter.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Karl Sharks posted:

tech people are huge rubes but it's understandable because they bought into fictional portrayals of the future where everyone has a flying car or hunger is solved via meal tablets or space colonization is a real thing. then after getting into the industry they're tasked with the cutting-edge job of developing a fart app for a car or tweaking a web page into tricking more people into entering their email address. that disconnect leads them to believe that, surely, somebody MUST be working on the big cool stuff, so in steps elon offering them the future they were promised and they fall all over themselves to idolize him

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

How long is your commute

My commute is about 25 km/30~50mins one way.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

RuBisCO posted:

Get an e-bike instead.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

RuBisCO posted:

yeah dude, the volt. 80km battery only range, plus it has the gas option if you need a road trip or whatever

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Use public transit.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

steinrokkan posted:

Use public transit.

some covid for your commute, sir?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

steinrokkan posted:

Use public transit.

Yeah I normally do, but covid would gently caress me right up and so long as I'm working, then welp.

I live in Vancouver, so our constant rain would make an e-bike a miserable experience (I think, I don't really know). Plus going out to hikes and stuff farther away.

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

rain also makes a Tesla a miserable experience by the looks of things

at least on a bike you're dressed for it!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I mean, use a mask. The last thing needed is to get public transit cripled and defunded because of corona (and yes, there are definitely people waiting for an opportunity to do just that)

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

RuBisCO posted:

Yeah I normally do, but covid would gently caress me right up and so long as I'm working, then welp.

I live in Vancouver, so our constant rain would make an e-bike a miserable experience (I think, I don't really know). Plus going out to hikes and stuff farther away.

Then get a used EV.

They depreciate like hell because battery life, but for your use case it shouldn't matter too much.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

commando in tophat posted:

This reads like The Onion, but I'm tempted to believe it is true

Hackernews was trying to disrupt pants the other week so yeah it's probably true

Owling Howl
Jul 17, 2019

Karl Sharks posted:

Reading comments on Starlink articles will give you the distinct impression satellite internet currently does not exist.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Just buy chips ahoy chunky call it a day.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nonsense posted:

Just buy chips ahoy chunky call it a day.

Only if they are chewy. :colbert:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
There's some beanbag ad I keep getting on instagram, "Designed by a Tesla engineer"

That is the worst thing you can say to me to get me to buy some poo poo

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

I mean, use a mask. The last thing needed is to get public transit cripled and defunded because of corona (and yes, there are definitely people waiting for an opportunity to do just that)

I get what you're saying and I generally agree. But if you're in a high risk category for COVID-19 a mask will do gently caress all for *prevention* unless you have N95 with a proper fit (and face shield and probably nitrile gloves for good prophylactic practice). I'm not willing to risk death or lifelong lung/vascular/cardiac issues for that.

I'm very fortunate that I can work from home since I'm at very high risk according to my cardiologist. If I lost my job I'd have find another and public transport (bus, train, even air travel) will probably be a no-go a long time for me.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

RuBisCO posted:

there’s like a dozen Nissan leafs on Kijiji for under 20k in your area with sub 50k km on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

ironically almost all the previous owners of those leafs likely just got their Tesla’s in.