Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Oro in SFV style is going to genuinely give me nightmares.

That entire presentation was excruciating and they couldn't even give us the 5th character. Seeing how slow the release schedule is is pretty demoralising too. SF6 must be some way off if they're going to be releasing characters for SFV in over a year's time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they probably dont want to release sf6 during covid times and are playing it very safe on when things like tourneys will be back in full swing

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
With that timeline, we're probably looking at early December for Dan (which is when they've done the winter/Christmas patch before) and I would assume April for Rose, July/August for Oro and Akira, and October/November for Mystery Character Who Is Not Makoto.

Probably looking at a SF6 release in late 2022.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Dan in this game is incredibly weird since most of the cast is already using his design ethos.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mango sentinel posted:

Dan in this game is incredibly weird since most of the cast is already using his design ethos.

To make the same joke his light fireball had to go like negative distance from his palm it's awesome to see

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Considering the Dan footage, Covid must have really hosed up their timelines. To me the Dan model didn't look totally complete, and I was really taken back by like cellphone footage.

Funny though that they decided to not announce any of those characters at the round table when it wouldn't have taken away from this at all.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUVSFfxfo9M

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Happy that Akira is in SFV. I used an Akira/Sakura team in Rival Schools.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

With that timeline, we're probably looking at early December for Dan (which is when they've done the winter/Christmas patch before) and I would assume April for Rose, July/August for Oro and Akira, and October/November for Mystery Character Who Is Not Makoto.

Probably looking at a SF6 release in late 2022.

I really hope we don't get SF6 until Fall 2023 at the earliest. Capcom needs to take their time with Street Fighter, not poo poo out another turd 9 months after the last game stopped getting new versions/updates.

As for the final character, I'm gonna guess it's a man since they're only giving the character 3 costumes.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

In Training posted:

To make the same joke his light fireball had to go like negative distance from his palm it's awesome to see

It'll become anti-crossup tech.

I missed the stream, but I'm happy to see Rose back. Also, I'm pretty certain Maximilian knew Dan was going to be the first character announced ahead of time, or else he was extremely fortunate with his timing on his Dan Legacy

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

FanaticalMilk posted:

Capcom needs to take their time with Street Fighter, not poo poo out another turd 9 months after the last game stopped getting new versions/updates.

The team currently keeping SF5 on life support wouldn't be the team working on a brand new game, for the most part.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

The team currently keeping SF5 on life support wouldn't be the team working on a brand new game, for the most part.

Dimps? It wouldn't surprise me if they kept using Dimps.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
When the gently caress is Marvel

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Omnikin posted:

When the gently caress is Marvel

Never. (Probably next year at whatever EVO is going to be called next year)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Akira is a cool inclusion

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Maximilian Dood saying Ono is out at Capcom. Anyone else confirm/deny that?

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
dan is such a fuckin waste

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
oh for gently caress sake i have to make good on my promise to return to sfv now that rose is a dlc character

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Jiro posted:

Maximilian Dood saying Ono is out at Capcom. Anyone else confirm/deny that?

Last I heard, he was out of Capcom's FG division, and is now the head of their esports division. Has that changed?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

yo mamma a Horus posted:

dan is such a fuckin waste

that's not dan you're seeing, you forgot to turn on your monitor

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
gbs is that way

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dan is good and should've been in sooner really.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Dan owns and I'll hear nothing to the contrary

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
They were talking about his taunt being integrated into his gameplay. Could you imagine if it worked like Art of Fighting and he could drain his opponent's meter?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

oh for gently caress sake i have to make good on my promise to return to sfv now that rose is a dlc character

four years i've been waiting for that post to come and roost

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Dan should be a total badass who found some secret martial art and now everyone is scared of him.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Sesq posted:

They were talking about his taunt being integrated into his gameplay. Could you imagine if it worked like Art of Fighting and he could drain his opponent's meter?

Going by gameplay footage, it looks like he can cancel specials into taunts, and his taunts do damage now. I wouldn't be surprised if one of his V-moves is a taunt he can do

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dracula Factory posted:

Dan should be a total badass who found some secret martial art and now everyone is scared of him.

He should be fatter and have a awful goatee and look more and more like Steven Segal.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

Jiro posted:

He should be fatter and have a awful goatee and look more and more like Steven Segal.

:yeah:

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Jiro posted:

:hmmyes:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

He should have a new rival who looks like Iori with Kyo's body.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Sucks that it's so long between announcement and the first character release. Should have waited until they at least had some better footage.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I wonder if they genuinely weren’t going to show anything at Evo and then felt pressured by the round table.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Can't believe Capcom would cause disappointment.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"Hey guys, Capcom here! Here's some cellphone footage of a new character we haven't finished! Also, we'll be bringing four new characters to SFV! That's right, we are still supporting our flagship game!" *posts roadmap of over an entire year to develop aforementioned 4 characters*

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Harlock posted:

Happy that Akira is in SFV. I used an Akira/Sakura team in Rival Schools.

Hello, this was also me.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wonder if the granblue season 2 roadmap will be quicker. Certainly faster than end of 2021, but I'm hoping at least for one character to come out with the news this coming weekend, or shortly after.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Jiro posted:

So, Rufus.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dan and Rufus being in the same game was weird, they were basically the same joke just Rufus was less likable. Like Dan is an egotistical blowhard but hes motivated by Sagat killing his dad. Rufus is motivated purely by ego.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there a Discord for Gundam EX? Game looks like fun and I'd like to learn more. Currently downloaded the 90 page guide.