Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
xcom but with goblins and globalists and Hillary Clinton is the final boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
really enjoying jim sterling using video games to talk constant poo poo about capitalism and AAA video james. this one is very good https://youtu.be/HlCWhtmQPvo

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
How many people never played hzd that will play it on PC? It has a few weird quirks early on that make it seem not that great and you really need to run to meridian to get the weapons asap, but then ends up being the best game of the PS4

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/KaoruGans0/status/1290967203278290944?s=20

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

xcom but with goblins and globalists and Hillary Clinton is the final boss.

Goblins and Globalists sounds like the worst D&D heartbreaker

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Goblins and Globalists sounds like the worst D&D heartbreaker

it's just straight ghosts and goblins but arthur's novelty underwear is deeply unwholesome

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

How many people never played hzd that will play it on PC? It has a few weird quirks early on that make it seem not that great and you really need to run to meridian to get the weapons asap, but then ends up being the best game of the PS4

yeah the weapon system makes zero sense. save all your money for purples and rush the big city

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Zvahl posted:

it's just straight ghosts and goblins but arthur's novelty underwear is deeply unwholesome

Ahegao face underwear?!

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Ahegao face underwear?!

satan was trying to protect gwynevere all along

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Ogilvie posted:

I’ve played a lot of dark souls clones and this one actually feels good to play and has the things that makes souls games good. The weapons feel powerful and have interesting move sets, a big level to explore with a lot of secrets to find, vague questlines, some exciting boss fights, and full multiplayer. Multiplayer was a bit rocky at launch but the devs actually got it workin alright and Hellpoint is fun to play.

It’s not perfect though, game can be buggy and early on the enemy variety is kind of trash. The level design is also kinda bland in parts but the combat in the game is done extremely well.

I can see why you’d wanna avoid it though, we’ve been burned by some bad dark souls clones. There was a bad demo released in February that soured a lot of impressions of the game. If you wanna beat the tar out of monsters and demons with a giant piece of concrete I say it’s worth the $35.

watched this gameplay

I dunno, I'm really put off by the, uh... lack of weight in the animations, I guess? what I assume is the strong attack that this player uses a lot feels like it has a second and a half of unnecessary, weird-looking windup. is this not the case in the release version, does the opening give a bad impression, something like that?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

whoa... so this is the power of the ps5...

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
lmfao that stance/gait. its seriously weird froggy i gotta take a poo poo walk

e: oh i see, im owned.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 19:14 on Aug 5, 2020

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

World War Mammories posted:

watched this gameplay

I dunno, I'm really put off by the, uh... lack of weight in the animations, I guess? what I assume is the strong attack that this player uses a lot feels like it has a second and a half of unnecessary, weird-looking windup. is this not the case in the release version, does the opening give a bad impression, something like that?

the heavy attacks do have a long windup but what you can't really see in this video is that it has sort of a short forward charge during the animation and it looks a wonky because they keep using it while standing right next to the enemy

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Wrex Ruckus posted:

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1291026245115879425

I'm a huge babby so I'll play on crisis actor mode (no permadeath)

"set in the Infowars universe"?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

i thought this was a game for the first 25 seconds or so

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flavius Aetass posted:

i thought this was a game for the first 25 seconds or so

I saw the area from persona 5 and I clapped because I know what that is

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Yakuza people all smirking right now

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Xaris posted:

lmfao that stance/gait. its seriously weird froggy i gotta take a poo poo walk

e: oh i see, im owned.

this is one of the greatest replies ever in this thread lmao

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

mastershakeman posted:

Yakuza people all smirking right now

yes but it's unrelated to the dude doing the yakuza walk

i mostly just smirk thinkin bout Nugget

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

smarxist posted:

TF2 is good because there's cargo and goods management, which scratches my Anno1404 itch

i wish we'd get a big trading/route management game like Patrician or something, but there are apparently only like 11 people in the world who like those games, so gently caress me

There are too many TF2's

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Zvahl posted:

yes but it's unrelated to the dude doing the yakuza walk

i mostly just smirk thinkin bout Nugget

If you have a Yakuza save when playing Yakuza of the North Star, you get a special Nugget talisman that gives a poo poo-ton of money.

Nugget is good.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I’m instituting a strict game regime for myself so I can finish the whoppers I’ve started

Death Stranding when I’m supposed to be working cus I can keep emails open

Persona 5 on weekends when I can devote five or so hours at a time to actually doing stuff in it and finishing a palace or mementos in a big run

Sushi Ghosts in bursts at night because it feels the least substantial and most ubisoftey

speaking of which, I like it okay so far, but the camera angles seem kind of lovely, is that fixable?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

dead gay comedy forums posted:

this is one of the greatest replies ever in this thread lmao

better hope kiryu doesn't see it.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

punished milkman posted:

really enjoying jim sterling using video games to talk constant poo poo about capitalism and AAA video james. this one is very good https://youtu.be/HlCWhtmQPvo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I've been playing Super Robot Wars Z instead of Ghost of Tsushima for the past few days. Doing 2-3 stages every day after work.

Z was on PS2. You can choose to play either as a young rookie in the evil space cops of Zeta Gundam (who quickly defects) or a wandering repairman in the post-apocalypse who has a mech that fights with Wrench-chakus, chainsaws and nailguns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJsyR9ifB5I

I, of course, went with Gunleon.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

Z was on PS2. You can choose to play either as a young rookie in the evil space cops of Zeta Gundam (who quickly defects)
Only to join up with a bunch of stooges working for a weird space eugenics man.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Wrex Ruckus posted:

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1291026245115879425

I'm a huge babby so I'll play on crisis actor mode (no permadeath)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrEPgrU_8zA

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
hopefully it's as good as the left behind game

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Lostconfused posted:

Well yeah, but his voice is so smooth.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Fellatio del Toro posted:

the heavy attacks do have a long windup but what you can't really see in this video is that it has sort of a short forward charge during the animation and it looks a wonky because they keep using it while standing right next to the enemy

alright, I buy that. of course I have too many games to play already, but this'll go on my mental list, thanks

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Lostconfused posted:

to be fair that route has an SR point objective to shoot down Kira while he’s a neutral via map attacks so both sides.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
I'm finally doing a second Disco Elysium playthrough and going full speed into all of the worst thoughts at once. Fascism, race theory, neolib, boring cop, I think there's some MRA thing as well but I haven't found it yet. Also completely sober (seems like it would fit a purity-obsessed fashcop), all points in authority and physical stats, and I'm constantly aggressive with everyone. Predictably, it makes the game pretty boring and annoying, but the one upside is that Kim never had to pawn his sweet rims, because I intimidated Gerte into not paying my rent.

Also lmao at the nationalist thought that if you continue to follow will constantly destroy your morale.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

anyone here play Cultist Simulator?

I went into it thinking I wouldn't enjoy it, but now I have over 100 hours played. Makes me feel like a true leftist when I play; developing knowledge that the authorities try to suppress, summoning demons (zoomer leftists), having a bunch of comrades put up with my poo poo, fighting off dread and insanity, and striving towards goals that represent an impossible perfection.

also the art is fuckin sweet, tons of avatar material

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Raine posted:

anyone here play Cultist Simulator?

I went into it thinking I wouldn't enjoy it, but now I have over 100 hours played. Makes me feel like a true leftist when I play; developing knowledge that the authorities try to suppress, summoning demons (zoomer leftists), having a bunch of comrades put up with my poo poo, fighting off dread and insanity, and striving towards goals that represent an impossible perfection.

also the art is fuckin sweet, tons of avatar material

I played it a bit. I dug the aesthetic and writing of it, but felt like the gameplay needed more to do than just waiting.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

PostNouveau posted:

I played it a bit. I dug the aesthetic and writing of it, but felt like the gameplay needed more to do than just waiting.

Same, I dig the theme, the aesthetic, the whole idea, Messed around in it for ~15hrs but never got very far and it just gets too repetitive to hold my attention.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i played it a bit, didn't understand what i was doing, played it a bunch, still didn't understand what i was doing, and gave up. it looks like there's fun there, but i think this is a me problem, not a cultist simulator problem.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Frog Act posted:

i installed myth 2 this morning for some nostalgia and drat it’s a good game, I forgot how impressive these physics and graphics were for 1998, never mind the fun dark fantasy setting that also doesn’t quite tip over the line into egregious grimdarkness

myth 2 is a fantastic game. the narrative is near perfect because the narrator isn't omnipotent so his limited perspective matters a lot. they use the dark setting to allow for some moments of real triumph (the mission "Redemption" being a big one).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the mission logs in the myth series are really great

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

tro kik u 2 deth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
cultist simulator is really cool but is written by a lovely sex pest so steal it if you're going to play it

it being written by an abuser and sex pest recontextualized the mechanics of dealing with cultists in a way that makes it Not Fun for me anymore, but ymmv