Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
At least now we know what Nezha's Helmith ability will be, I know what I'll be replacing Ember's 1 with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm currently using a hammer for my melee weapon, with the Motherwrench skin and the lower back holster style. On my profile screen, it clips through my operator and makes it look like I've got a flaming codpiece.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I feel that Ember, like Hildryn, is one of the frames that I'm always casting abilites in mid-air. Like I'd bullet jump through a room, and while holding r-click to maintain air momentum, I will press an ability key so I play the cast animation while I'm still gliding through the air. Aka, something that helps me run fast won't be that useful.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm curious what the stated design goal of pursuit missions was. Because the observable design goal is "waste everyone's time."

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Phobophilia posted:

I feel that Ember, like Hildryn, is one of the frames that I'm always casting abilites in mid-air. Like I'd bullet jump through a room, and while holding r-click to maintain air momentum, I will press an ability key so I play the cast animation while I'm still gliding through the air. Aka, something that helps me run fast won't be that useful.

I admit to playing her more like a melee frame, making heavy use of her 2s damage reduction and her 3s healing with the augment. Leaving persistant trails of fire everywhere to further boost and be fed into by her passive is good for me.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Dareon posted:

I'm curious what the stated design goal of pursuit missions was. Because the observable design goal is "waste everyone's time."
It's a particularly rude gear check - you need something with punchthrough like fluctus or impv. Under no circumstances do the mission solo with your starter odonata/imp. If you ask someone for help it's like a 80 second mission at most.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
How bad is Steel Path pursuit? I've been kind of dreading that one. The one rush was trivial, at least.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Echophonic posted:

How bad is Steel Path pursuit? I've been kind of dreading that one. The one rush was trivial, at least.
It's an AW node so it only got +50 levels and none of the sortie armor/hp modifiers. The only health you care about are the ships tiny weak points. So if you got a few mods in your fluctus maybe a 90 second mission.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Anybody got a quick link? I tried slumming back a couple dozen pages but either missed it or just can't find it.

had to sift through my post history in this thread to find it:

Mailer posted:

I've got two builds (going from memory) and both are better than Mesa for what they do. Guns build is for low level exterm stuff, where I can drop the guns and run without stopping, making her faster than Mesa for clearing those. Corpro, Power Drift, PCont, Stretch, Augur Secrets, Streamline, Narrow Minded, Augur Reach, UIntensify, TransFort.

The second build I stole from kxzyle and it owns. Overextended grenades lock down massive spaces for defense/mobdef/interception and this continues working quite nicely at 100+. Your 3 (combined with Energize) gives you effectively infinite energy. He uses Aerodynamic and Patagium to fly around with the midair hops from grenade throws, but it works fine with Corpro/Power Drift. Blind Rage, Overextended, Stretch, PCont, PFlow, Augur Message, UIntensify, Equilibrium.

Mesa is still the queen of making GBS threads out damage to stuff she can see. She's the better pick when the enemies scale up enough that you can't drop a turret in an exterm and have it blast everything in the hallway as you run though.

The second build is what I stole. It's amazing and tons of fun

Helios ex Kain
Oct 13, 2006

TheParadigm posted:

did him yesterday.
Pack a team with corrossive projection and armor strip. He's just stupid dumb tough for whatever awful reason

What? corpro doesn't work on lephantis, since it only has health, not any sort of armor. Corrosive damage does do 75% more to infested fossilized flesh but the proc doesn't do anything.
A better build would be fitting primed infested damage mods onto accurate, high-damage or fast firing guns and any other beneficial aura for the loadout, because you're not going to get any benefit from corpro unless you're planning on fighting a level 130+ juggernaut before reaching lephantis, which would probably not be the best use of time in that mission.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Helios ex Kain posted:

What? corpro doesn't work on lephantis, since it only has health, not any sort of armor. Corrosive damage does do 75% more to infested fossilized flesh but the proc doesn't do anything.

I could have sworn steel path lephantis was armored to gently caress based on how much damage my gun was actually doing.
Does he have some other gimmick you need to bypass to actually hurt and kill him in a timely manner?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

TheParadigm posted:

I could have sworn steel path lephantis was armored to gently caress based on how much damage my gun was actually doing.
Does he have some other gimmick you need to bypass to actually hurt and kill him in a timely manner?

It just has stupid amounts of health, same with emissary, like, probably above a bil

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

sortie lephantis was already really loving notorious so the steel path one being a nightmare was guaranteed

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

TheParadigm posted:

You mean beyond his gimmick of capping damage per shot? Nah i think it's just dex pixias and patience while you enjoy a cup of coffee and curse DE for the sortie hp modifiers.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

"[DE posted:

SpaceySarah"]Anyone who logged in to Warframe on TennoCon day will receive Hydroid Prime, Necramech statue, Lenmas Staff skin, and the Athodai hand cannon if it was missing.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

The latest in a long line of twitch drop corrections. It's lovely that they bother to fix this, but I wonder if they now just plan on doing this up front and weather the 2-3 day complaint storm.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

v1ld posted:

The latest in a long line of twitch drop corrections. It's lovely that they bother to fix this, but I wonder if they now just plan on doing this up front and weather the 2-3 day complaint storm.

I feel like the easier way would be to have a time-limited promo code visible on stream. Just redeem on website.

then again, maintaining viewers and promotions is neecessary

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Their current way of doing things definitely leads to more viewers and at least half-hearted engagement than just distributing a code would, so I doubt they'll ever change it.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Nova slow also makes a huge difference on sortie/SP lephantis. If for nothing else it makes the window you can deal dmg greater. It's the difference between a 15 min kill and a 2-4 min kill, I find. Nova/Titania. If you're looking for a third option, I would suggest Gauss, as his 100% ROF Redline ability comes in handy too, but you'll be zipping around a lot.

Got a few questions about Khora, what are you guys running for survivability on SP missions with khora? I'm using Adaptation and Venari Bodyguard, but I still seem to die to Corpus who have a loving 1000% accuracy on all their shots for some reason.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

https://steamcharts.com/app/230410#All

Warframe's all-time greatest number of Steam players was after this last Tennocon. 154K players. Previous high was 2018's Tennocon at 131K.

Dunno why this one inspired more people to log back in than last years though for me it was that they were adding more spaces for old-fashioned frame-based gameplay, whereas RJ didn't enthuse me with its new AW/RJ gametypes.

That they seem more focused on quality of release is another reason I wanted to get back in. Quit playing partly due to the buggy Lich/RJ releases and the more grindy numbers for those initial releases.

E: The RJ Tennocon barely moved the needle in terms of concurrent Steam players, stands out even more when you compare to '17, '18, and this year. I guess a lot of folks weren't enthused by the hype - of which there was quite a lot last year, much of it yet to be released.

E2: I distinctly remember Steve saying in the '18 Tennocon or soon after that they were done with adding new open worlds after Fortuna. I wonder if they took RJ's lukewarm reception as a reason to go back to adding more to see if that's what excites people. The graphs show all three open world Tennocons as their peak concurrent players.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 6, 2020

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

to be fair RJ's lukewarm reception could easily be due to 1) it kind of sucks and 2) it only kind of looks like what they showed during tennocon and that disappointed a lot people who expected cool poo poo like being able to call your RJ from the ground, there being all kinds of cinematic moments like dome charging the fleet ship, Kuva Lich tie-ins, etc. Also we still don't have the command intrinsic lol

focusing this year's tennocon on stuff that isn't completely fake and absolutely will not launch in a state that resembles the demos (or even launch at all) was a good move. I'd have been fine if Deimos was another couple of months away even, as long as they made it clear this is what we're actually getting this time.

also just found out that my waframe and twitch accounts weren't linked, but only on twitch's side?? Following the "link your accounts!" process took me to warframe's page that said my accounts were linked and good to go, but checking twitch's connection page did not have warframe. Thankfully they're sending out all of the tennocon rewards to everyone who logged in that day, but I might have to message support about the recent Khora part drops.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 6, 2020

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

v1ld posted:

https://steamcharts.com/app/230410#All

Warframe's all-time greatest number of Steam players was after this last Tennocon. 154K players. Previous high was 2018's Tennocon at 131K.

Dunno why this one inspired more people to log back in than last years though for me it was that they were adding more spaces for old-fashioned frame-based gameplay, whereas RJ didn't enthuse me with its new AW/RJ gametypes.

Pre-grinding for the mouth?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

to be fair RJ's lukewarm reception could easily be due to 1) it kind of sucks and 2) it's only kind of looks like what they showed during tennocon and that disappointed a lot people who expected cool poo poo like being able to call your RJ from the ground, there being all kinds of cinematic moments like dome charging the fleet ship, Kuva Lich tie-ins, etc. Also we still don't have the command intrinsic lol

Yeah, that's why I have yet to invest into RJ. But is that why people didn't log back into Warframe after Tennocon though? Deimos is yet to roll out but people liked TC20 well enough to log back in huge numbers whereas they didn't do that after TC19's RJ hype. Maybe it was just the huge hype presentation last year too, right after Liches were a buggy and grindy mess.

quote:

focusing this year's tennocon on stuff they isn't completely fake and absolutely will not launch in a state that resembles the demos (or even launch at all) was a good move. I'd have been fine if Deimos was another couple of months away even, as long as they made it clear this is what we're actually getting this time.

This was big for me, yeah. I hope the new syndicates aren't overtuned to be extra grindy for all you hardened 5-year vets and us more casuals have to wait another 6 months before they inevitably re-tune it.

Have to say I'm hugely enjoying being back in the game, a feeling I know will lessen as soon as I engage with any of the daily standing limits in the game, ugh. Did an hour and a half+ of unsuccessful grind for the Acceltra last night and came away happy because I love the core gameplay of this game so much. The pub squad even stuck it out for an hour the second time and it was fun taking on tougher Demolysts. Didn't care that the BP didn't drop as the gameplay was fun.

BMan posted:

Pre-grinding for the mouth?

Some of it, yeah. But it's more players than they've ever had on Steam before so there's probably a large chunk of new players too.

dertylol
Jun 11, 2014
As someone who used to play a lot but hasn't played since the big bug boss on fortuna was a thing. where should i go, or what should i do to catch up ? i tried figuring it out a few days ago and got so completely lost

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I still have gotten nothing for the Twitch event. Like not even the Twitch prime items. I have my account link to the Switch I think. I might need to send in a ticket to make sure the items are being sent to the right place :smith:.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I have to imagine part of the player uptick is because of a combination of things:
- Everyone's either stuck at home, has less income, or both right now, so a f2p game scratches a couple itches at once
- WoW is in the end-of-expansion lull and probably a couple months out from any sort of pre-patch event, so there's really nothing going on there
- FF14's next big patch isn't for another week yet

So right now if you're like me and want a good podcast-backlog online game, Warframe is looking mighty fine.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

I still have gotten nothing for the Twitch event. Like not even the Twitch prime items. I have my account link to the Switch I think. I might need to send in a ticket to make sure the items are being sent to the right place :smith:.

Go to your account page on the warframe.com web site. It shows which Twitch account is linked at the bottom of that account page.

I had to double check since I have both Switch and PC accounts. I sent one of the early Twitch promos (Vectis Prime) to the PC account by mistake though I was playing on Switch at the time.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mesadoram posted:

A LOT of people are having problems with twitch drops right now, check this out, maybe it'll help. Send a ticket too.

Reb posted:

Tenno!

With TennoCon behind us, we can safely say we had our most successful Twitch Drops campaign to date. We sent out over 740,000 Twitch drops - but that hasn’t stopped over 10,000 tickets from coming in! We aim to implement generous measures to resolve these cases.

We are doing a script to reward the following:

Anyone who logged in to Warframe on TennoCon day will receive Hydroid Prime, Necramech statue, Lenmas Staff skin, and the Athodai hand cannon if it was missing

As of now, this Script is partially complete and will require more work!

To prevent future errors, even if you believe it is connected properly or has worked previously, if you had a missing Hydroid or Athodai hand cannon we STRONGLY recommend you un-link all your Twitch and Warframe accounts then re-link ONE and ONLY ONE Twitch account to your Warframe account. Switching back and forth between accounts on either end is a regular cause of errors. Changing your Twitch password can also cause a loss of stored account credentials, and will require you to re-establish the link to Warframe through our website under Account Settings.

To properly re-link your account please do the following:
1. Unlink your Twitch and Warframe accounts via https://www.warframe.com/twitch/unlink_action
2. Disconnect Warframe from Twitch via https://www.twitch.tv/settings/connections. Scroll down to "Other Connections" and select "Disconnect"
3. Reconnect your Twitch and Warframe account following the instructions on https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/warframe
4. Verify your account has been successfully connected via https://www.warframe.com/user
Thanks, Tenno!

P.S Athodai will be back in the future, it is not exclusive to this event!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

They pushed the "due to circumstances TennoCon will be online and in Warframe!" angle hard, like I'm almost never actually logged into the game during their big presentations but this year I made a point to hang out in the special relay during the whole event because they specifically kept bringing it up

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

DoombatINC posted:

They pushed the "due to circumstances TennoCon will be online and in Warframe!" angle hard, like I'm almost never actually logged into the game during their big presentations but this year I made a point to hang out in the special relay during the whole event because they specifically kept bringing it up

Good point, that huge peak is probably existing players logging in after all like BMan suggested but just to do the in-game relay follow along. That's what got me to reinstall and login too - so that strategy obviously worked. I didn't even know of the in-game relay till the TC stream started and installed the game as the stream was going on and here I am, putting a couple hours a day this week.

That they timed it for a good lull as Chernobyl Peace Prize suggests probably contributes a lot too.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

dertylol posted:

As someone who used to play a lot but hasn't played since the big bug boss on fortuna was a thing. where should i go, or what should i do to catch up ? i tried figuring it out a few days ago and got so completely lost

Which one? There's two now lol.

If you're trying to catch up on frames/weapons:

Hildryn and Baruuk and their weapons are available through Vox Solaris, the same faction that deals with Profit Taker, the first big bug. they are both extremely good and fun.

Wisp came with the Jupiter tileset rework, there's a quest tied to it too where you kill the new boss (Ropalolyst) that drops her parts. They also introduced Amalgam mods, which are weird combo mods and some of them give specific weapons new abilities. Most of them suck but there's a few gems. Wisps' weapon, the Fulmin, is an infinite ammo assault rifle that turns into a shotgun and it's really loving good and you get the BP from the market.

Gauss is tied to the Jupiter tileset rework, and the special material to craft his frame and weapon parts (Hexanon) can be gathered on any node there. The actual parts for his frame are from the new game mode introduced with Wisp, Distruption, specifically the one on Kelpie, Sedna. his weapons drop on Ur, Uranus, but not as missions rewards, but as rare drops from the special Demolyst enemies you kill as part of game mode. They are both fully automatic rocket launchers, and yes they are as good as this sounds.

Grendel is a big boy sumo ogre who eats people and loving rules, and can be gathered by running special mod-less missions for his parts, the locators for which can be purchased from the Abitration store. his 2H Sword is a dojo bp

Protea is the newest frame who can do a weird time travel zippy Tracer ult and summon an ammo replenisher, closely tied to the Corprus Fleet tileset rework, and her BP is earned through Deadlock Protocol, the new quest. It adds a new game mode you summon inside of a corprus fleet mission where you use coins to kill a bunch of ghost nerds, you'll do it during the quest. You get Protea parts, and the parts for the Stahlta railgun, the Strohpa gunblade, and the Velox machine pistol in there as well. Jackal got a rework during this time too, and he drops the BPs for the Stahlta and the Strohpa.

Also, primes in the time since you've been gone:

Equinox (stradavar, tipedo)
Wukong (zhuge, ninkondi)
Atlas (tekko dethcube)
Ivara (baza, aksomati)
Titania (corinth, pangolin)
Inaros (karyst, panthera)

Nezha's next.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 6, 2020

dertylol
Jun 11, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

Which one? There's two now lol.

If you're trying to catch up on frames/weapons:

Hildryn and Baruuk and their weapons are available through Vox Solaris, the same faction that deals with Profit Taker, the first big bug. they are both extremely good and fun.

Wisp came with the Jupiter tileset rework, there's a quest tied to it too where you kill the new boss (Ropalolyst) that drops her parts. They also introduced Amalgam mods, which are weird combo mods and some of them give specific weapons new abilities. Most of them suck but there's a few gems. Wisps' weapon, the Fulmin, is an infinite ammo assault rifle that turns into a shotgun and it's really loving good and you get the BP from the market.

Gauss is tied to the Jupiter tileset rework, and the special material to craft his frame and weapon parts (Hexanon) can be gathered on any node there. The actual parts for his frame are from the new game mode introduced with Wisp, Distruption, specifically the one on Kelpie, Sedna. his weapons drop on Ur, Uranus, but not as missions rewards, but as rare drops from the special Demolyst enemies you kill as part of game mode. They are both fully automatic rocket launchers, and yes they are as good as this sounds.

Grendel is a big boy sumo ogre who eats people and loving rules, and can be gathered by running special mod-less missions for his parts, the locators for which can be purchased from the Abitration store. his 2H Sword is a dojo bp

Protea is the newest frame who can do a weird time travel zippy Tracer ult and summon an ammo replenisher, closely tied to the Corprus Fleet tileset rework, and her BP is earned through Deadlock Protocol, the new quest. It adds a new game mode you summon inside of a corprus fleet mission where you use coins to kill a bunch of ghost nerds, you'll do it during the quest. You get Protea parts, and the parts for the Stahlta railgun, the Strohpa gunblade, and the Velox machine pistol in there as well. Jackal got a rework during this time too, and he drops the BPs for the Stahlta and the Strohpa.

Also, primes in the time since you've been gone:

Equinox (stradavar, tipedo)
Wukong (zhuge, ninkondi)
Atlas (tekko dethcube)
Ivara (baza, aksomati)
Titania (corinth, pangolin)
Inaros (karyst, panthera)

Nezha's next.

you glorious saint thank you! ima copy this into a notepad and start working on stuff!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

dertylol posted:

pt. 2

As for game mechanics, shortly after Vox Solaris came out, they gave certain warframe's signature weapons actual abilities that buff the weapons when used with that warframe. For example, if using harrow, the knell gets two shots instead of one. They've also done more with the melee rework, melee is extremely good right now. They also made a major change to how AoE weapons work, which you can see me crying about here. Also, very recently, they completely removed stabilization from kavats and kubrows, they work just like sentinels now as far as taking up space.

As for game modes, Railjack... exists. It's one of those updates that's basically its own content island again, but you can get a cool new assault rifle and 2h nikana from killing the bosses on its nodes. I'm not going into the specifics of railjack because there's a lot, you can probably find a video on it. This is also how you get the Shedu, a giant sentient arm cannon; they made the quest something you can just activate from you codex (it used to be a secret from breaking a specific object on a specific node in the Railjack Veil Proxima with your Paracesis), but you still have to do the Sentient Anomaly missions to grind for its parts. It's an okay weapon. Your clan dojo needs a railjack dock to start making it, then you do a series of missions while building parts, like a warframe quest.

They also added a new game mode called the Steel Path, where you get to do the star chart over again but every enemy is level 100+ and they all have 2.5x the amount of HP, Shields, and Armor. It's not a new end-game or anything, the rewards are entirely cosmetic and it's a hell-grind getting the materials for them all lol

did I miss anything

e: oh there was some times stuff you missed out on, the beach event came back and there was this big event called Operation Scarlet Spear or whatever where they showed off the Squad Link for the first time since telling everyone you'd use it with railjack at tennocon lol. No, Squadlink is not used for anything else yet. I think, besides some cosmetic stuff like sigils and some shortcuts to getting good arcanes, the only weapons you missed out on are a Lacera varient and a weird gun called the Basmu but barro will have those in his inventory at some point probably.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 6, 2020

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Babe Magnet posted:

did I miss anything

kuva liches

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

did I miss anything

Status now stacks.

This was very useful for me, thanks.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Melee 2.99999987420smokeweederryday too.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Oh, so thats why i suddenly have the Athodai pistol and the staff skin.
Was wondering about that.

No necramech statue though.
Then again, i'm not sure why I got anything at all since I don't have a twitch account.

Ssthalar fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 6, 2020

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

BMan posted:

kuva liches

lmao I actually had a big paragraph on them and I deleted it on accident

Kuva Liches are a system you can get into after completing The War Within in which you summon a special juiced up grineer who annoys the poo poo out of you and steals your resources. I think you get the parazon in your mailbox??? But this is what it's for. You start it by murdering a larvaling in grineer missions (cassini, saturn is the go-to spot for these), and then the larvaling tells you what weapon it's going to spawn with when you execute it, and then depending on what warframe you execute it with, it spawns with an appropriate element with an elemental weapon to match, and as either a Male Kuva Lich with one (1) personality variant, or a Female Kuva Lich with one (1) personality variant. Each lich has a set of abilities, some weaknesses and immunities, possibly an ephemera (still not convinced these actually exist), and they take over a planet on the star chart.

There are like 20 different weapons, most of them variants of existing grineer weapons with slightly different mechanics, but there's some new good ones. The Chakurr is a flintlock explosive rifle, the Shildeg is a hammer, the Kuva Ogris is now semi-auto, etc. They're all pretty good. Some of them, like the Kuva Nukor and the Kuva Bramma (an artillary bow) are really good.

So anyway now the horrible grind begins. You farm Murmurs by killing Thralls, which are mini versions of the lich that spawn in any node that lich has control of. You beat the node, it pisses the lich off, rinse and repeat until they show up and you beat their rear end. When you drain one of their health bars, they'll kneel and you'll try and execute them with your parazon, which is hopefully modded out with Requiem Mods, which you get from Requiem Relics, which you get rarely from thralls or way more commonly from Kuva Siphon missions. There's 8, you have to guess the three you need, and the order they need to be in. Murmurs fill up a bar that will tell you what Requiem Mod you need, eventually telling you all three, but not the order. The game tracks your guesses and you can see your history in the lich menu next to the nightwave bar. If you guess one right, it remembers and you don't need to fill that Murmur bar. If you fail, they kill you instead, and then they spread their influence to another nearby planet and they + their thralls + their node become more difficult. Also, killing a lich gets you WAY more murmurs than killing a thrall, and it doesn't have to be your lich or thralls to get murmurs. Squad up for lich missions.

So you kill the lich (getting back everything they stole from you), you can finish them off and get their weapon, or you can spare them and they'll show up at random (extremely) rarely in the middle of your mission to help you out, usually long after you've completed the objective and you're on the way to the exit. Spared liches can also be traded to other players who may be missing that weapon or whatever. You can smash duplicate weapons together to improve their elemental percentage or change their element.

Liches are a boring grind for the most part but their weapons are really good. They can all be formed 5 times to improve their level to 40, like the paracesis, which is cool.

v1ld posted:

Status now stacks.

Also this, Status can go over 100% now, and I'm not sure when they made this change but I assume it was relatively recently, but IPS procs are no longer favored over elemental procs, which kind of nerfed Slash builds a bit but seems to have been a net gain for everything else. They also changed how some elements work; heat strips armor now, electricity chains, gas is useless, etc.

Tylana posted:

Melee 2.99999987420smokeweederryday too.

And this, I briefly touched on it in my second post but what this actually is, is they changed how the combo mechanics and stances work. Now as you build your combo multiplier, your damage goes up, and you can spend it on heavy attacks (middle mouse button) to do a bunch of damage all at once. Stances got normalized across the board and should make a little more sense, input-wise.

Also as far as reworks go, Wukong got a major one and he went from broked to yoked, nukong is really good. Vauban got a rework and he's okay, which is a gigantic step up from his previous incarnation, really bad. Ember got a rework too but I don't ever really play Ember so I can't comment on it; I hear she's still good but there's mixed feelings on her new overheat bar.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 6, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

v1ld posted:

Go to your account page on the warframe.com web site. It shows which Twitch account is linked at the bottom of that account page.

I had to double check since I have both Switch and PC accounts. I sent one of the early Twitch promos (Vectis Prime) to the PC account by mistake though I was playing on Switch at the time.

Ah, I will double check later when I get home. Thank you.

Babe Magnet posted:

A LOT of people are having problems with twitch drops right now, check this out, maybe it'll help. Send a ticket too.

Yeah I was thinking I should have un-linked and re-linked before this event, but I figured it would work :smith:. Well I know for the future now I should do that just in case :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I got my athodai but I think their script hosed up and it gave me an extra Ember instead of Hydroid Prime lol