Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Okay Big Beast Druid feels way too inconsistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Chin Strap posted:

Nah I got Archwitch Willow.

Oh okay.

I got a legit legendary from the first four packs I opened. Star Student Stelina. This is the first expansion I've been present for in like...years. Its kinda nice.

Edit: another five packs or so and I got Gandling too. Am I just lucky?

Few more packs and I got Maliciia!

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 6, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
my free legendary was Fireheart who would be incredible in any class that wasn't dumpster-fire Shaman

opened 10 packs and got Polkelt, a Survival of the Fittest and a Guardian Animals so I guess I'm making Big Beast Druid first up

e:

RatHat posted:

Okay Big Beast Druid feels way too inconsistent.

god dammit

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
160 normal packs - 10 legendaries, including my first double legendary pack. First time I've been below the 1:20 threshold, but on the other hand, I got none of the legendaries I want.

Kelthuzad
Shando
Omu
Golden Rattlegore
Vectus
Turalyon
Jandice Barov
Archwitch Willow
Soulciologist Malicia
Infiltrator Lillian

Got Selina as my log in legendary, and Golden Professor Slate as my preorder bonus.

From the 5 golden packs, I got a Krastinov.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Got 2 double legend packs so far!

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
147 packs, pulled
Stelina
Frost whisper
Lord Barov
Alura
Illucia
Gandling
Krastinov
Fireheart
Willow
Rattlegore
Alabaster

And got golden Kreen and Slate.
Now to figure out what’s safe to disenchant since I’m missing a few epics and all of the Druid legendaries :v:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

My very first game in the scholomance meta was against a shaman who went tour guide taunt totem coin lightning bloom totemic reflection

lmbo

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Warrior /paladin dude as the freebie, vectis as golden. Ended up unpacking willow, and the Mage/rogue in another 40. Plenty of extra epics too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Huh? Normally if you have an arena run going when the expansion hits it'll end your run but give you a free ticket. It didn't this time.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
first impression playing beast druid: speaker gidra seems great

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Had my first really satisfying lethal puzzle as face hunter

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I just realized that the dual class cards mess with my nerdy card collection spreadsheet.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Weapon Rogue seems really strong.

EDIT: Word of warning for Illucia: Any cards you generate ALSO go back to your opponent.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 6, 2020

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

RatHat posted:

Huh? Normally if you have an arena run going when the expansion hits it'll end your run but give you a free ticket. It didn't this time.

Only when cards rotate out, I think.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
No double legendary packs for me (yet), and I had a wicked flirtation with the pity timer between two legendary pulls. I still wonder if the brawl pack this week had a legendary in it to slightly screw over pull chances for the expansion.

Out of 135 regular and five golden packs:

(129) Ace Hunter Kreen
(105) Doctor Krastinov
(84) Jandice Barov
(72) Star Student Stelina
(37) Ras Frostwhipser (serious pity timer flirtation)
(19) Turalyon, the Tenured
(14) Soulciologist Malicia
(6) Infiltrator Lillian

Golden packs were a bust, 2x Epic, 5 Rare, the rest Commons

Login Legendary was Forest Warden Omu, and Golden Legendaries were Headmaster Kelthuzad (yay) and Keymaster Alabaster

And for some reason on my Chromebook I can't buy more packs with gold - I double click, get the box, enter "50" and when I click "Okay" nothing happens. At least it doesn't take away the gold. :shrug:

I got *most* of the Epics, and I have the dust to craft whatever legendaries I don't have right now, but there's no need since I plan on buying packs with gold...once it LETS me. -_-

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

In 42 packs I got Star Student Stelina, Rattlegore, Keymaster Alabaster, Headmaster Kel'Thuzad, and a golden Ace Hunter Kreen. This plus two Flesh Giants and Void Drinkers as the epics that got me most excited. Right now I'm running a Giant zoolock deck that seems to be doing well. Void Drinker has lead to some early concedes. That being said I'm liking that Warrior/Rogue removal card. If Warlock is strong and Weapon Rogue is as powerful as it looks like it can be I'll be happy running with my two favorite classes. Also looks like my pulls want me to go Demon Hunter but... ugh

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

That aggro rogue deck is bonkers. Everyone will be running aoe by tomorrow I guess.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
All pity timers are individual to each set, getting a classic legendary doesn't influence your Scholomance packs.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
First off: Flavor text has officially peaked with Loremaster Polkelt

Wow, this was a good haul. From preorder I'd gotten 5 legendaries, including a golden Gandling from the 5 golden packs.

Today, for the mega bundle reward got Golden Vectus, with Soulciologist Malicia as the freebie. I got several of the legendaries I was hoping for, including Fireheart, Omu, Polkelt (golden) and Krastinov. Also got a bunch of epics plus Alabaster, and the griefing cards Stelina and Illucia.

Flayer posted:

How weird! I had the exact same thing just happen except my legendary was Nozdurmu (which I had previously dusted a golden version of...).

Spooky that it happened like 5 minutes after reading your post!

Haha, nice real life RNG there!

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm doing great with zoo priest. If you get a decent start you basically never lose the board.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
only day 1 but Plagiarize is doing some serious work in my Wild Tess Rogue

people just do not play around it, like at all

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I cannot wait to upgrade my wild libram deck with all the fun new toys. It seems like it will be so much smoother after this expansion.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Chernabog posted:

I'm doing great with zoo priest. If you get a decent start you basically never lose the board.

On the other hand once you lose the board it's very hard to take it back.

What list are you running by the way?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I don't know how I missed this card in the spoilers, but WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS

Why did demonhunter need another aggressively costed batshit insane good silence effect.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Whats the big play for the priest legendary who switches hands and decks until next turn? Fuckin up someones otk?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Whats the big play for the priest legendary who switches hands and decks until next turn? Fuckin up someones otk?

Gimmicky as poo poo but if I had the dust to spare I would totally craft Octosari for this Octosari combo / Galakrond priest deck: https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1356213-illucia-octosari-mill-priest-with-description

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
### War Crimes Priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Lazul's Scheme
# 1x (0) Silence
# 2x (1) Disciple of Galakrond
# 2x (1) Renew
# 1x (1) Scarlet Subjugator
# 1x (1) Wave of Apathy
# 1x (2) Mindrender Illucia
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 2x (2) Thoughtsteal
# 2x (3) Breath of the Infinite
# 2x (4) Cabal Acolyte
# 2x (5) Time Rip
# 2x (6) Cabal Shadow Priest
# 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Unspeakable
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
# 1x (9) Archivist Elysiana
# 2x (9) Plague of Death
#
AAECAZ/HAgilCYadA+O0A8i+A8jAA8vNA/vRA6XVAwsekALXCrCRA5+pA9qsA/KsA82vA5O6A5u6A+PRAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Intel&Sebastian posted:

that or play it with hardly any cards in hand to steal and play theirs and leave them with whatever garbage you had. pseudo-draw that denies your opponent their resources

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So glad I decided to open my golden packs first, scored two legendaries out of them.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

10 legendaries and at least 1 of most epics out of 153 packs, I have never been so lucky in my life.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Casting Secret Passage twice will not in fact let you keep your 2nd hand.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

RatHat posted:

On the other hand once you lose the board it's very hard to take it back.

What list are you running by the way?

### zoopriest
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Disciple of Galakrond
# 2x (1) Frazzled Freshman
# 2x (1) Imprisoned Homunculus
# 1x (1) Reliquary of Souls
# 2x (1) Renew
# 1x (2) Mindrender Illucia
# 2x (2) Power Word: Feast
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Voracious Reader
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Dragonmaw Overseer
# 2x (3) Gift of Luminance
# 2x (4) Brittlebone Destroyer
# 1x (4) Disciplinarian Gandling
# 1x (5) Psyche Split
# 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Unspeakable
#
AAECAZ/HAgbjtAOWugPOvgPIwAPn0QP70QMM2qwDk7oDm7oDr7oDsLoD6boDp8sD1s4D184DtNEDu9EDxtEDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Right now I'm only running Illucia because I unpacked her but she's probably just a tech card depending on the meta. I'm considering adding Soulbound Ashtongue (1m 1/4 that deals damage to yourself) and maybe some AoE.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Zoolock is absolutely ripping holy lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It turns out warlock getting a 1 mana 1/3 demon with upside, better cheaper flanking strike, and a 0 mana activator for darkglare/vulture is crazy

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Argent Braggart feels kind of bad after a dozen matches or so. New toys for Libram are great otherwise though.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Played exactly one game with DH so far post-release but the 3/2 consuming a soul fragment to blast other minions for 3 and Soulciologist feel great.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Devolving missiles is sooooooo good. Instructor Fireheart is good too except you have to play her in Shaman

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Rattlegore has won the game for me every time its landed. That card cannot be dealt with; no one has ran both silence AND removal.

So far 2-1 against aggro rogue with this

### Ripper Control v2
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Athletic Studies
# 2x (1) Boom Squad
# 2x (1) Shield Slam
# 2x (1) Sword and Board
# 1x (1) Whirlwind
# 2x (2) Corsair Cache
# 2x (3) Bladestorm
# 1x (3) Bulwark of Azzinoth
# 1x (3) Livewire Lance
# 1x (3) Ramming Speed
# 2x (3) Shield Block
# 1x (4) Archmage Vargoth
# 1x (4) Kargath Bladefist
# 1x (4) Reaper's Scythe
# 2x (5) Brawl
# 2x (7) Commencement
# 1x (8) Deathwing, Mad Aspect
# 2x (8) Troublemaker
# 1x (9) Rattlegore
# 1x (10) Dimensional Ripper
#
AAECAQcK/ASWlAPWmQP1qAPbrQPfrQO+uQP5wgPjzAOr1AMKS6IE/weltgO4uQPAuQP2wgPizAOnzgPS0QMA
#

Bulwark continues to impress. Seriously; that card easily saves like 12-20 damage every time I've played it. For 3 mana it's an incredible stall tool.

e: I tried running Lord Barov, but swapped him out for Whirlwind. Pulling him with Commencement or Ripper feels insanely bad, and playing him is awkward. Whirlwind gets the job done.

Basically anything you do with Vargoth is crazy value. If he's in your hand you can Vargoth + Athletic Studies for a 2 mana discounted rush minion next turn (one of which you picked). Shield Block, Boom Squad, Bladestorm, even Sword and Board is good. And, of course, pulling him with Commencement or Dimensional Ripper is nutty.

DNK fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 6, 2020

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

gandlethorpe posted:

Pen Flinger seems like a sleeper. Extremely flexible card. I was playing face hunter against murloc shaman and used it for board control. They conceded turn 3.

Yeah I already hate it

Could easily see it getting nerfed to 2 mana, it just feels way too easy to get 2 of those on board and return to hand with cheap spells over and over to kill any low-health minions at will. Of course maybe I just got unlucky, too early to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaod
May 29, 2004
My golden legendary was mindrender illucia welp guess I need to hope my pack luck is better.