Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo

Legit Cyberpunk

Dear BYOB,

We have been running a weekly flash fiction competition for more than 8 years over in Creative Convention, we’re coming up on :catdrugs::siren:WEEK 420:siren::catdrugs: and could really use the help of our BYOBfriends. So, please!

Click this link!

For those of you who like to know what's behind links before you click them we are preparing a special week 420 writing prompt, a couple of weeks from now.

Normally we do special event prompts on Thunderdome's birthday, but this year the community agreed that we'd celebrate on week 420 because we made it to a weed number of weeks of TD, and, well, that is why.

To that end, let's have some fun. We are commissioning stories! Using the link above, you will spend a couple minutes answering some questions on a Google form. When you are done, you will have created a rudimentary story outline. We will collect these outlines and use them for nefarious 420 prompt purposes.

I’ll come back and invite you all to sign up when Week 420 rolls around, if you want, and you can write a story using the kickass outlines you’ve created!

In the meantime it's simple. Click the link. Do it. Don't think, just do it!

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
thanks i am goign to write one now about a really big eggplant

alnilam

cliclk the link do it

Sitting Here
Hi BYOB!! Can I just say, I have always admired your skill at clicking the link just do it do it do iiiiit

also you're cute

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

sebmojo

Legit Cyberpunk

Putty posted:

thanks i am goign to write one now about a really big eggplant

egg plants are badass

Musluk

I did it, I clicked the link! Then I did more clicking!

Man this is exhausting.

cda

by Hand Knit
I put some words in, hope they are helpful.

Goons Are Gifts

God I love weed

Ass-penny

Goons Are Great posted:

God I love weed

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

nut

i submitted a story idea! plz remember to come back as i would like to write a story to help celebrate!

sebmojo

Legit Cyberpunk

Goons Are Great posted:

God I love weed

It's legitimately the best

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
I did the thing, thank you for visiting our humble subforum goon friend!

City of Glompton

i clicked the thing but i'm overwhelmed by all the decisions to make :ohdear:

i will try again later

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
This sounds awesome. Creative writing is something I like to do, that I do rarely. I shall submit my answers and venture into your forum to check it out.

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
can I just write a story on my own without needing to fill out an outline? the story I would want to commission really doesn't fit this form and I want to be able to explore conflict outside of just plain old "man vs. self" like the obstruction field seems to want me to submit. it seems like that is intentional for the purposes of this outline but i just thought i'd ask

I can submit a totally different outline for fun but I don't want to be revealing my magnum opus if I have to compromise the weed-related vision, you see :evilbuddy:

barnold fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 6, 2020

Slumpy
i submitted one about a peterbilt

slumpy

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
submitted. thanks!

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

alnilam

i'm excited to see what comes of mine :toot:

ty manifisto

alnilam

maybe i will evven write one if i have time

ty manifisto

sebmojo

Legit Cyberpunk

The outline is just a preliminary thing for a couple of weeks from now, I'll come back in here and whoop/holler when the signups start. You can go and write a story for this week if you want some practice, just go here and post 'in'!

Sitting Here
also if you come up with a story idea you like for yourself and you write it, i won't be mad :unsmith:

the week 420 contest will be all about making other people write your ideas (and, if you sign up, you writing their ideas), but if anyone posts a story inspired by their outline and posts it in this thread, I will read and say nice words about it. Like Sebmojo said, we'll come collect u all when it's time for the actual contest, but for those who don't want to participate, I'd still be chuffed to read your weedwords

----------------

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Sitting Here posted:

also if you come up with a story idea you like for yourself and you write it, i won't be mad :unsmith:

i just wanted to make sure i wasn't gonna really goof up the form submission and make it harder for someone else, that's all :buddy:

STING 64

i have contributed but i might have been influenced subconsciously

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

i submit one

pseudorandom

I submitted one, but it kind of feels cliche and not very unique. Maybe I should blaze it :drugnerd: and try to come up with something better later.

City of Glompton

ok, i did the thing! :)

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Sitting Here
holy smokes guys

thanks for the contributions so far :unsmith:

pseudorandom posted:

I submitted one, but it kind of feels cliche and not very unique. Maybe I should blaze it :drugnerd: and try to come up with something better later.

imagine me giving you a stoic thumbs up like you're an astronaut about to go on a rocketship and i am ground control

----------------

Chewbecca

pseudorandom posted:

I felt the same about mine. It's actually super hard to do! I'm looking forward to reading what comes out of them :)

Chewbecca fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 9, 2020

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

take the moon

by sebmojo
yea subbed one using first thought best thought logic. v effort prompt generator whoever did it

----------------

FutonForensic

subbed

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

i did the thing. how will i know if someone uses my thing? i want to read their thing

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

sebmojo

Legit Cyberpunk

All the prompts will be public, the more entries we get the more likely yours will be used so you should definitely all enter next week!

We'll come in here and post the link when it's available.

Sitting Here

sebmojo posted:

All the prompts will be public, the more entries we get the more likely yours will be used so you should definitely all enter next week!

We'll come in here and post the link when it's available.

idk if that's how odds work boss

----------------

sebmojo

Legit Cyberpunk

Sitting Here posted:

idk if that's how odds work boss

:byobear::byobear::byobear::byobear::byobear::byobear:

----------------

Prof. Crocodile

ok i clicked the link and did the thing, but don't get your hopes up because i have never been good at figuring out if things are too stihposty. see for reference: my posts

Sitting Here
As promised, friends, Thunderdome week 420 is live! Come on over if you wanna write a story with us. Post "in" in the thread to get some story inspiration, or just cheer on the people who are writing!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908810&pagenumber=48#post507325263

----------------

Chewbecca

Sitting Here posted:

As promised, friends, Thunderdome week 420 is live! Come on over if you wanna write a story with us. Post "in" in the thread to get some story inspiration, or just cheer on the people who are writing!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908810&pagenumber=48#post507325263

That's great you guys! I'm gonna follow with interest :D

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

sebmojo

Legit Cyberpunk

It is literally impossible to do worse than the worst that the dome has seen, bowl up and jump in imo

nut

im going in coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!

Oh my, that's quite a restrictive prompt I wrote there. Best of luck to ye, Captain